Gamestop Gameday Sale April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions regarding Gamestop's B2G1 sale:

1. I know you can still use your Edge card with this deal, but can you still use coupons like the 10% off one in the stickied thread?

2. Does the sale only include videogames? I'd like to pick up a couple of used Wii remotes and nunchuks. It would be great to be able to pick up a couple of free games with these purchases.

3. If you're buying more than one set of 3 games, is the system smart enough to parse out the games so that you get the most value out of the B2G1 sale? If not, how does Gamestop work around this issue (i.e. separate transactions for each set of 3?)?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

[quote name='RCS0926']I have a couple of questions regarding Gamestop's B2G1 sale:

1. I know you can still use your Edge card with this deal, but can you still use coupons like the 10% off one in the stickied thread?

2. Does the sale only include videogames? I'd like to pick up a couple of used Wii remotes and nunchuks. It would be great to be able to pick up a couple of free games with these purchases.

Thanks in advance for any replies...[/quote]

1. No other coupons/deals
2. Yes used games/accesories

:)

[quote name='RCS0926']
3. If you're buying more than one set of 3 games, is the system smart enough to parse out the games so that you get the most value out of the B2G1 sale? If not, how does Gamestop work around this issue (i.e. separate transactions for each set of 3?)?

Thanks in advance for any replies...[/quote]
I believe it does give you the best deal, but if not then either just ask for separate transactions.

Went to Sears today, saw a bunch of games. Here's the best of the bunch:
Bioshock PS3 - 25
Lost Odyssey - 20
Block Party PSP - 1

Now, time to wait for them to drop :D

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Went to Sears today, saw a bunch of games. Here's the best of the bunch:
Bioshock PS3 - 25
Lost Odyssey - 20
Block Party PSP - 1

Now, time to wait for them to drop :D[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with the thread. WTF

I hope it's not just April 3. I won't be able to go to a Gamestop that day. It would be nice if it was a few days or a week long.

[quote name='B.K.']I hope it's not just April 3. I won't be able to go to a Gamestop that day. It would be nice if it was a few days or a week long.[/quote]

Over the summer it lasted the entire month of June. It's not just one day only. The point is to clear out a lot of extra stock, so the sale stays on for a while until they clear it.

[quote name='Rave Child']Over the summer it lasted the entire month of June. It's not just one day only. The point is to clear out a lot of extra stock, so the sale stays on for a while until they clear it.[/quote]

Indeed. And as a few people have pointed out, many of the games will likely get reduced more towards the end of the sale.

I'm new to CAG forums, can anyone tell me what "gutting" the games exactly means? I read through the thread but I still don't get what it means, a year or two ago I saw the games were sealed during the sale. I love in San francisco btw.

Gutted is when they take the disc/instructions out and leave it behind the counter, but put the box on the wall for display.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']1. No other coupons/deals
2. Yes used games/accesories

:)[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Indeed. And as a few people have pointed out, many of the games will likely get reduced more towards the end of the sale.[/quote]

Thats true, but for some of the better games, if you live in a heavily populated area, you may want to bite sooner rather than later to make sure you get the game at some discount instead of not getting the game at all.

So figure if there's a lot of Gamestops around you, and all of them have a bunch of copies of the game you want, then you can wait. If not, then you shouldn't feel too guilty about pulling the trigger a little early.

[quote name='cubsbearsnbulls']is it buy two get one on all games or just certain ones? like just the ones on a list or all games in the store.[/quote]

If there's a B2 G1 on Used games its B2 G1 on all used games in the store.

It wont matter if they are included in the sale or not.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Is this happening at every gamestop/ebgames store?[/quote]

No, they're only going to do it at 7 of their stores because that makes a lot of sense.

[quote name='lowenbotten']No, they're only going to do it at 7 of their stores because that makes a lot of sense.[/quote]
They only do it at the stores that gut games, so it's actually 7 stores who are not participating. ;)

[quote name='lowenbotten']No, they're only going to do it at 7 of their stores because that makes a lot of sense.[/QUOTE

:roll: Its that time of the month again.

[quote name='Rave Child']The point is to clear out a lot of extra stock, so the sale stays on for a while until they clear it.[/quote]

Actually, the items for this sale are typically from a special purchase of new products. This isn't just crap they have laying around. They receive a special shipment of product just for the sale.

Now that's what it was last year (& the year before), it could be different this time around.

[quote name='lowenbotten']No, they're only going to do it at 7 of their stores because that makes a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

No need to be an asshole.

[quote name='addicted2games']Hopefully my GS doesnt gut the new games for this sale.[/quote]

I've always wondered why the Gamestop I go to doesn't gut their games. Makes me happy. Though I hate the other two in the city (how dare you give me a gutted copy of Castlevania OoE and only the second disk to Xenosaga II!)

[quote name='aerozero']Gimme sales on Eternal Poison, Dokapan Kingdom, SMT: Nocturne, SMT: DDS, plz[/quote]
:rofl:
Never happen. It was stuff like harry potter last year.

[quote name='rmb']:rofl:
Never happen. It was stuff like harry potter last year.[/quote]

Was Harry Potter even in the sale last fall? I don't think so.

Either way, I think it is within the realm of possibility for them to have Eternal Poison. The other ones, probably not so much.

[quote name='InFlames215']Was Harry Potter even in the sale last fall? I don't think so.[/quote]

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for PS3 was $10. I bought a few to flip to BBV.

[quote name='arcurifisher']Gamestops annual game day sale begins April 3. Sighnage states 50% off games not upto 50% off in previous years. I don't have a specific list yet. They have always ran buy 2 get one free during this sale with select 3.99 UMDs. (which sighnage was received)[/quote]

Im confused, i think this is worded kinda funny. What exactly is 50% off?

Also do you think they'll have Dead Space for ps3 half off? I've been dying for a deal for that game.

[quote name='arrness']Im confused, i think this is worded kinda funny. What exactly is 50% off?

Also do you think they'll have Dead Space for ps3 half off? I've been dying for a deal for that game.[/quote]
I'm guessing 50% off new games at MSRP (or current Gamestop reg. price)? If I can remember from last year, nearly all the games were gutted and labeled "new" games.

[quote name='hypertails02']I'm guessing 50% off new games at MSRP (or current Gamestop reg. price)? If I can remember from last year, nearly all the games were gutted and labeled "new" games.[/quote]
I still don't get it. Wb Dead Space?

[quote name='arrness']I still don't get it. Wb Dead Space?[/quote]
If a game's selling for $50 like Dead Space, you'll see it for $30 or maybe as low as $25. Dead Space might make the deal.

[quote name='kentomaiku']hoping star ocean first departure would be on sale with this one or even 2007 ps3 titles time![/quote]

I doubt we'll se SO:FD. That game came out 4 1/2 monthe ago. All I know is that we will see more 360, PS2, DS and PSP titles than PS3 or Wii.

Will it take place in selected Gamestop stores? Nearest Gamestop stores for me is in Rosemead, Montebello, and Alhambra in California.

[quote name='greenrocks']Will it take place in selected Gamestop stores? Nearest Gamestop stores for me is in Rosemead, Montebello, and Alhambra in California.[/quote]

No GS in Pasadena? :whistle2:s

Anyways, the sale will be at all GS nationwide.

[quote name='emg28']No GS in Pasadena? :whistle2:s

Anyways, the sale will be at all GS nationwide.[/quote]

Yeah, there is two. I just don't go there that much. o_O;

This is perfect, last year's sale I picked up a few 360 games for good deals. $20 for FEAR and BF if I recall. Looking forward to this one!

[quote name='weeitzme']Why does it have to be on a friday :cry:.
I guess it's time to ditch school again :bouncy:.[/quote]

It's actually GameDays, as in multiple. The last sale ran for close to or over a month, so unless there is some enormously rare big ticket item they sell, going on a Saturday is probably going to have the same effect.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Confirmation of a B2G1F deal, or no?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think anyone was saying that. It has happened in the past I belive where a B2G1 sale ran during the Gamedays sale that was already running. Most of the time I've seen a B2G1 it only lasted Fri/Sat/Sun whereas the Gamedays sale usually runs for a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back