Gamestop Gameday Sale April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SaraAB']Dinosaur King is a good game if you like RPG's and can stand games targeted to a child audience. This game's difficulty is definitely not targeted for children though, as you have to actually think to play it and there is no strategy guide or walkthrough FAQ out there. All the gamestop stores in my area are sold out of it, so its very possible that it could be included in the sale. Its been 19.99 on Amazon for a while though, and I purchased a copy for around 12$ on ebay.[/QUOTE]

It is also made by Climax. I think I will give it a try base on their history

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Did anyone else notice the Game days sale coupon in the newest issue of Game Informer?! Its right by the April Calender before the Bioshock 2 cover story. Seems it's an extra 10% off on all game days sale items. Plus the ad states game days sale starts on 4/5/09

Don't know if this is old or new since I just finally got my April issue of Game Informer.[/quote]
Awesome! My issue hasn't come yet.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Did anyone else notice the Game days sale coupon in the newest issue of Game Informer?! Its right by the April Calender before the Bioshock 2 cover story. Seems it's an extra 10% off on all game days sale items. Plus the ad states game days sale starts on 4/5/09

Don't know if this is old or new since I just finally got my April issue of Game Informer.[/QUOTE]

Got mine today as well. Only thing to add is that it says up to 50% off on games, so I'm assuming not everything will be 50% off. Also says there are hundreds of games on sale. Coupon ends 5/2/09 so maybe that is when the sale ends too.

Don't know if this is old or new since I just finally got my April issue of Game Informer.[/quote]

Wow, cool. It would be really nice if someone could scan the coupon and post it to the OP...pleeeeeease...

[quote name='J7.']Wasn't the one 2 years ago much better with a lot more games than last years?[/quote]

Yup, I made out like a bandit on the one 2 years ago. I didn't even bother with last year's.

I don't know why everyone keeps putting down last year's sale. Odin Sphere, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, House of the Dead 2&3, Katamari Damacy...there was definitely some solid stuff. Not to mention some of the crappier stuff got more enticing at the end, when they slashed the prices further on some of it.

Last year I got Fishing Master for the Wii for a mere 15$, so I am NOT knocking this sale at all, I would have never been able to find that price elsewhere. This game easily is my favorite Wii game that I have. The game has since gone up in price a lot. They also had the Digimon DS games which are very very good, for only 19.99 each, you can't get them for that price anywhere now. Both of these games have also had their price raised by Gamestop after the sale was over. I also bought some really good UMD's for 4.99 each and a couple PSP games I think. So overall I did very well with this sale.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't know why everyone keeps putting down last year's sale. Odin Sphere, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, House of the Dead 2&3, Katamari Damacy...there was definitely some solid stuff. Not to mention some of the crappier stuff got more enticing at the end, when they slashed the prices further on some of it.[/quote]
I'm not saying last years sale was bad, I'm just saying the sale 2 years ago was much better (better games, more games). I look forward to this one too.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't know why everyone keeps putting down last year's sale. Odin Sphere, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, House of the Dead 2&3, Katamari Damacy...there was definitely some solid stuff. Not to mention some of the crappier stuff got more enticing at the end, when they slashed the prices further on some of it.[/quote]

Not to mention Burnout Revenge, Need for Speed Carbon, NBA Street Homecourt, etc. Besides Gamestop gutting the games the prices and selection were good.

I'm only looking forward to one game... I think the problem with this Game sale is that they only pick a teeny bit of games for each system and it comes from the very Right field.

So getting at least 1 game is a winner for me.

god i wish someone had a list. im so anxious to see whats on it now that my april issue arrived and the 10% off coupon is in my hand. 2 MORE WEEKS TOO LONG!

I'm not really looking forward to this, everything they had last year for a sale similiar to this was gutted in a bin.....

[quote name='CaoPi']I'm not really looking forward to this, everything they had last year for a sale similiar to this was gutted in a bin.....[/quote]

I don't mind as long as the gut doesn't look like crap. If it actually looks okay, then I don't mind it is not BRAND NEW, especially since its 50% + another 10% with coupon. Unless it is a collectors item kind of a game, dont mind.

Plus, as was previously mentioned, not all GS stores gut every copy of the games they have for the sale. Even if you see a number of cases in the bin, ask if they any sealed copies behind the counter.

Girlfriend works at Gamestop. Said today they got in a rather large shipment of new UMDs and Final Fantasy I & IIs for the PSP.

[quote name='davyd']Girlfriend works at Gamestop. Said today they got in a rather large shipment of new UMDs and Final Fantasy I & IIs for the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I've been looking for FF I for the PSP for $9.99 or less.

[quote name='karkyco']Sweet. I just wish the damn list would be out already. I'm ready to go...[/quote]

Know what you mean. It'd be easier to plan around my spendings with a list ahead of time.

[quote name='Josef']Good to hear. I've been looking for FF I for the PSP for $9.99 or less.[/quote]

Indeed. If they are $10 (50% off), I'd gladly pick the two up for $18+ after the 10% coupon in GI.

Awesome news if it applies to my local Gamestops on Final Fantasy I and II! I've been wanting to pick up a copy of each for my little brother. :)

this is going to be messy since i have never posted before but i work for gamestop and usually process shipment as it comes in. i know some items that will be part of the gamedays.

PC:
Hidden and Dangerous 2

Wii:
Manhunt 2
Sonic (cant remember which one)

PS3:
juiced 2
History Channel: Civil War

PSP:
Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2

DS:
Barbie Horse Adventures
Bella Sara
Ben 10

thats all i can remember for now, if i remember more ill update. i have a bad feeling though that other than the final fantasy and manhunt, its going to be a crappy gamedays year.

[quote name='drtacooujou']this is going to be messy since i have never posted before but i work for gamestop and usually process shipment as it comes in. i know some items that will be part of the gamedays.

PC:
Hidden and Dangerous 2

Wii:
Manhunt 2

PS3:
juiced 2

PSP:
Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2

DS:
Barbie Horse Adventures
Bella Sara
Ben 10

thats all i can remember for now, if i remember more ill update. i have a bad feeling though that other than the final fantasy and manhunt, its going to be a crappy gamedays year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Two gems and a whole lot of crap. Though, to be fair, there will be a lot of other titles involved in this sale that have yet to be listed.

[quote name='drtacooujou']this is going to be messy since i have never posted before but i work for gamestop and usually process shipment as it comes in. i know some items that will be part of the gamedays.

PC:
Hidden and Dangerous 2

Wii:
Manhunt 2

PS3:
juiced 2

PSP:
Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2

DS:
Barbie Horse Adventures
Bella Sara
Ben 10

thats all i can remember for now, if i remember more ill update. i have a bad feeling though that other than the final fantasy and manhunt, its going to be a crappy gamedays year.[/quote]

Wow.... nothing on this list interests me.

Outside of maybe FFI+II and Metal Slug for DS on previous list, seems unpromising so far. We'll see, hopefully something good will pop out in next couple of weeks to catch my eye.

[quote name='Porksta']Hopefully some 360 games will show up. I could use some cheap achievements.[/quote]

Oh, they will show up. There are so many cheap 360 games out there, I'm sure there is a lot of stuff they are looking to get rid of.

PC:
Hidden and Dangerous 2

Wii:
Manhunt 2

PS3:
juiced 2

PSP:
Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2

DS:
Barbie Horse Adventures
Bella Sara
Ben 10

thats all i can remember for now, if i remember more ill update. i have a bad feeling though that other than the final fantasy and manhunt, its going to be a crappy gamedays year.[/quote]

Looks like it's time to finally pick up the final fantasies

You would think they'd hold off on the sale though until June. It's a smart move since a lot of children/teens too young/ignorant to shop around go to GameStop regardless of the best price or not, and many parents blindly follow.

you know a better place to go for games?

PC:
Hidden and Dangerous 2

Wii:
Manhunt 2

PS3:
juiced 2

PSP:
Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2

DS:
Barbie Horse Adventures
Bella Sara
Ben 10

I don't know how true it is, but I heard from a few GS employees at my local stores that some of the games from last year may be making a repeat appearance on the list this year.

Thanks for the list nonetheless, though if that Civil War game had multiplayer split screen or online co-op or multi, I might get it. But what's the point of a single player war game with no option for multi?

[quote name='nes83']You would think they'd hold off on the sale though until June. It's a smart move since a lot of children/teens too young/ignorant to shop around go to GameStop regardless of the best price or not, and many parents blindly follow.

you know a better place to go for games?[/quote]

I'm kind of surprised they're doing it earlier this year as well. I rarely shop there as it is, since I prefer to just hit up Kmart/Target for my game deals whenever I can find them.

Those are my 'better places' for games or the local game shop, since their stuff is at least mint/near mint and complete most of the time.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']5 days before I turn quarter of a century.
I enjoyed last years sale. I'll have some b-day money too so YAY!
I'll be stalking this thread for the list.
Thanks for the early notice.[/quote]

I turn a quarter of a century 5 days after on April 8th

PC:
Hidden and Dangerous 2

Wii:
Manhunt 2

PS3:
juiced 2

PSP:
Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2

DS:
Barbie Horse Adventures
Bella Sara
Ben 10

why are you so down man?I have been waiting for the drop on that Barbie Horse Adventures...aww yeah

As far as Target or Kmart being better places to pick up games,well that may be true for you.However,in St.Louis the Targets and kmarts suck,Sears as well.I am not sure if people are just grabbing up all the product,which I think is probably true if the traffic I see at GS is any sort of measuring stick,or if the stores themselves never put anything out.My Target and the clearance has items such as mousepads and c cases,not games.Kmart,shoot I am lucky if they have PS3 games,and Sears has the same crap I can get anywhere else.I am looking forward to this sale at GS for sure and the manager confirmed that everything will be gutted and stores are supposed to gut them.Great experiences at all but 2 gamestops here though...so hoping against hope here for some decent buys.

Just keep in mind guys that the lists so far are not complete. Last year's sale saw each platform have 10+ games, with the exception of the PS3 and PC. So, don't get down just yet.

[quote name='J7.']It's getting close. I hope a list shows up soon![/quote]

smiley.gif
cheesy.gif
smiley.gif
grin.gif
smiley.gif
shocked.gif

Ok. So this isn't a definitive list but this is some stuff we got. The UMD's are part of the sale of course, but the games are not 100%. I include them in this list because we are almost certain these are Game Days items since they came with the UMD's and we haven't seen most of these things new in forever.

And without further ado, the list:

UMD (These will be 4.99 and are for sure on the sale.)

7 Seconds
Air Force One
Alien
Amityville Horror (Newer Version)
Are We There Yet?
Barbershop
Be Cool
Beauty Shop
Behind Enemy Lines
Bewitched
The Big Hit
Boogeyman
Chain Reaction
Charlie's Angels
Christmas With the Kranks
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Creature Comforts Season 1
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Elektra
Escape From New York
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
The Fog (2005)
Godzilla: Final Wars
The Grudge
Hackers
Hellboy
Hollow Man
House of Flying Daggers
Kingdom of Heaven
Kiss of the Dragon
Kung Fu Hustle
Labyrinth
Layer Cake
League of Extraordinary Gentleman
Legend of Zorro
Like Mike
Lords of Dogtown
Mirrormask
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Never Die Alone
Not Another Teen Movie
Office Space
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
The One
Pink Panther (1964)
Predator
Rent (2005)
The Replacement Killers
Resident Evil
Richard Pryor: Live
Robocop
Robots
Ronin
Sandlot 1 & 2
Shallow Hal
Species
Speed
Stealth
Steamboy (Director's Cut)
Terminator
There's Something About Mary
Transporter
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
When a Stranger Calls

Now I'm listing the price that the games are NOW. THESE ARE NOT THE SALE PRICES AND THIS LIST IS NOT DEFINITIVE. I'll update with prices and actual sale items as they are revealed so don't be surprised if some stuff comes off this list or gets added.

Also, these games should be on sale for the PRICES LISTED now if you don't feel like waiting till Game Days, but YMMV on that. If you want to buy them now and try to get it price adjusted later during the sale just know it will be very YMMV. I'd recommend keeping it sealed and holding on to the receipt and asking the sales associate their policy at that store when you buy it.

:ds:

Journey to the Center of the Earth 29.99
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 19.99

:psp:

300 March to Glory 19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai Another Road 19.99
Dungeon and Dragons Tactics 19.99
Final Fantasy I 19.99
Final Fantasy II 19.99
Ratatouille 29.99
Sonic Rivals 2 29.99
Test Drive Unlimited 29.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 19.99
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command 19.99
Worms: Open Warfare 14.99

:360:

Bee Movie 19.99
Crash of the Titans 19.99
Stuntman Ignition 19.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary 19.99

:wii:

Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed 29.99
Godzilla Unleashed 29.99
Manhunt 2 29.99
Ratatouille 19.99
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 49.99
Top Spin 3 29.99

:ps3:

Baja 1000: Score International 29.99
Call of Duty 3 29.99
Stuntman Ignition 19.99

:ps2:

Baja 1000: Score International 29.99
Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Mermaids 19.99
History Channel Civil War: Secret Mission 29.99
MLB Power Pros 19.99
NHRA Countdown to the Championship 14.99
Ratatouille 19.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity 29.99

:pc:

Hidden & Dangerous 4.99
Viva Pinata 39.99

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']not to sound rude but how do you reccomend keeping them sealed, arent they all gutted?[/quote]

No. GameStop sells sealed games. If you are buying an opened copy, you can ask the store to seal the game for you in some manner.

Mild disappointment from the list T___T. I hope something more concrete on the games will surface. Nice list though, helps ease my giddiness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back