Gamestop - Gameday Sale March 26th List

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Here is a Partial list of Games and Tenative Prices. Subject to change till Final Add goes to print Wed. Look for 10% Bonus coupon in April Game Informer very small compared to actual list of games

DS

Ben 10 :AFA - 14.99
COP:The Recruit - 19.99

PSP
Warhammer 40K Squad - 14.99
Worms 2 - 9.99

360 Assas 2 - 39.99
left for dead 2 39.99
quantum of Soalace 9.99 or 14.99

Wii
deal or no deal 14.99
foodnet worrk cooked - 29.99
kung fu panda - 14.99
rabids go home 19.99
res ev 4 - 14.99
res ev - umbrella 19.99
spider-man web of shadows - 14.99

PS3
Disgia 3 - 14.99
fallout 19.99
metal gear solid 19.99
saw - 19.99
shaun white 1 - 14.99

ps2
crash of titans - 14.99
crash mind over mutant -14.99
karoke rev american idol - 19.99
legend of spyro 14.99

LOTS of PSP movies 2.99-4.99
WAY MORE TO COME

[quote name='hostyl1']Full disclosure: I have no moral objection to "gutted" games. I actually *like* going to Gamestop.

However, there have been occasions where I bought a "gutted" game where the clerk didnt put a sticker over the game. That may indeed be the proper practice, but it isnt always handled properly.

Additionally, I *have* returned games (unopened of course) just cause of a change of heart or finding it lower elsewhere. Now, if I had a change of heart on one of the games that had no sticker, I'd be assed out as I would have no way of proving that I wasnt the one to open the game. A rare situation, I grant you, but one completely plausible.

(NOTE: I was only willing to accept the non-stickered games because they were games I was going to play immediately anyway.)[/QUOTE]

This would fall into the category of "Customer service" and you would get away with returning a new game :cool:

Of course they won't like it but based on that exact statement, how could they ever prove it!? Right? so consider your game returned. A good manager will do it for you. Now on the other hand, the same customer over and over will eventually be asked to do there business elsewhere. On the shit side, if you continue to go back and raise hell, you will continue to get what you want, cooporate does not care what it takes. Hence retail sucks ass at a store level.

[quote name='hostyl1']Full disclosure: I have no moral objection to "gutted" games. I actually *like* going to Gamestop.

However, there have been occasions where I bought a "gutted" game where the clerk didnt put a sticker over the game. That may indeed be the proper practice, but it isnt always handled properly.

Additionally, I *have* returned games (unopened of course) just cause of a change of heart or finding it lower elsewhere. Now, if I had a change of heart on one of the games that had no sticker, I'd be assed out as I would have no way of proving that I wasnt the one to open the game. A rare situation, I grant you, but one completely plausible.

(NOTE: I was only willing to accept the non-stickered games because they were games I was going to play immediately anyway.)[/QUOTE]

That's the only valid complaint, the lack of poor customer service on part of the employees. You will find this everywhere and it is just not a Gamestop situation. Usually we know which stores are "poor" about policing policies so if a customer has proof they bought it from one of these locations, we usually take care of them and then reprimand the store through contacting management or through the DM.

Past that, there still hasn't been a sound argument on why you, the customer, would open the game not play it and choose to return it. Buyer's remorse is not covered in pretty much every retail locations that sells new items.

However, that is the added perk of actually buying used games with the 7 day. As long as it is not abused, we will honor it and help you. This involves not being a d-bag with a chip on your shoulder, but those people are a rarity.

[quote name='Driftninja']1 more hour and I'll have the complete list up ;)[/QUOTE]

YES! :applause: Less arguing from our CAG gamestop moles... more leaking! ;)

[quote name='TheKbob']
Past that, there still hasn't been a sound argument on why you, the customer, would open the game not play it and choose to return it.
[/QUOTE]
I agree with most of what you say about this topic, and you are right, no one would go home and open the game, then return it without actually having played the game. Having said that, how can I, the consumer truly beleive that no one played my game if it is already open? Basically Gamestop is saying "trust me" no one played this game so it is still new, however I dont trust you, the consumer at all. (which I agree with). However, PEOPLE work at Gamestop, the same as consumers, therefore no one can be trusted.

Oh, and the analogy with the pants being worn by others is classic. So true.

[quote name='wrencrest']I agree with most of what you say about this topic, and you are right, no one would go home and open the game, then return it without actually having played the game. Having said that, how can I, the consumer truly beleive that no one played my game if it is already open? Basically Gamestop is saying "trust me" no one played this game so it is still new, however I dont trust you, the consumer at all. (which I agree with). However, PEOPLE work at Gamestop, the same as consumers, therefore no one can be trusted.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to jump in, but I'm seeing some confusion in the discussion you're having.

GS doesn't refuse opened returns because the game has been played, and therefore devalued. They don't take returns because people copy games and then try to return them. If theft wasn't rampant, we wouldn't deal with gutted games and lack of return policies (like on PC software for ages) at all. Don't blame GS.

It's not like they are saying, "you played this so we can't take it, but we can play it all we want--HAW!HAW!". ;)

Same deal with an earlier example where you played the game but then found it cheaper elsewhere and want to return it. That's not a GS issue. Restricted return policies of opened games/software are common, again due to theft and abuse. Heck, in that example you just buy the game cheaper elsewhere and return that copy to GS for a refund.

I have noticed they stopped automatically putting the sticker on gutted games, but maybe that's because I never do returns. In the beginning, when I expressed any doubt about wanting a game, they offered to put the sticker on (and still do). And I've noticed during the holidays, they put the sticker on and tell parents that they extend the unopened return policy to make sure they have time to return it after Xmas, even if buying well in advance.

(I admit I laugh a bit at the dramatic use of "gutted". Even if a game is played, other than the lack of cellophane it appears identical to a factory sealed game 99% of the time. "Gutted" doesn't mean a fingerprint or two. LOL. Now if the case was empty and mangled....) :lol:

[quote name='Zippon']Sorry to jump in, but I'm seeing some confusion in the discussion you're having.

GS doesn't refuse opened returns because the game has been played, and therefore devalued. They don't take returns because people copy games and then try to return them. If theft wasn't rampant, we wouldn't deal with gutted games and lack of return policies (like on PC software for ages) at all. Don't blame GS.

It's not like they are saying, "you played this so we can't take it, but we can play it all we want--HAW!HAW!". ;)
[/QUOTE]
Actually, I wasnt confused, that wasn't what I meant. I meant that Gamestop is saying just because the case is open, it doesnt mean the game was used. Whereas they (logically) conclude that if Joe Consumer walks in with an open case it has to have been used, for one reason or another, which could include copying like you stated.

But since we deal with games that are on discs (mostly), you cannot actually tell if the game was ever used or not. And really it doesnt matter since playing the game 100 times or none at all does not degrade the game quality (not taking into account someone who scratches it all to hell). Therefore, the only way a consumer can tell if a game is new is whether or not it is factory sealed. (excluding the fact it COULD be resealed by some very sneaky bastards).

I guess my point is...why would I want to pay extra for a "new" gutted copy of a game if a "used" copy looks essentially identical? It isnt like we are talking about a car that loses its usefulness the longer it is used.

Having said all that, I am not mad at Gamestop for this practice. It makes perfect business sense in some ways and most people still buy them anyway, so no reason for Gamestop to stop doing it.

... Uh where is this "list" the person that said they'd have it up, when they said that it was just before 7pm... it's now after 10pm (mountain time)

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally reasonable response. Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. :) And I've mentioned the "1 or 100 times played makes no difference in terms of disc longevity" msyelf. Usually in response to folks likening gutted games to used toothbrushes and such (ridiculous!).

[quote name='wrencrest']
I guess my point is...why would I want to pay extra for a "new" gutted copy of a game if a "used" copy looks essentially identical? It isnt like we are talking about a car that loses its usefulness the longer it is used.[/QUOTE]

Too true. And now you know why GS charges $2-$5 less for a used game and still makes billions in profits. :cool:

Back on track: I went back a few pages, but I'm confused. Is the "list" being asked about the same one that was posted in the "part 2" version of this thread? The game list with their prices? (Sorry if it's a dumb question.)

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Where the hell is this "list" the person that said they'd have it up, when they said that it was just before 7pm... it's now after 10pm (mountain time)[/QUOTE]

All of these different lists are starting to confuse me. :headache:

K guys I gottit just got home sooooo sorry. Give me a sec I am only going to do 360 and ps3 unless someone requests Ds, PSP, PC, Wii etc. no system stuff unfortunately.

It is waaaaay bigger than I thought so it will take a min... comin up tho =)

XBOX 360 and PS3 in alphabetical order..

XBOX 360

Afro Samurai - $9.99
Alone in the Dark - $4.99
Assassin's Creed 2 - $29.99
Bayonetta - $39.99
Ben 10: Alien Force Attacks - $14.99
Bioshock - $14.99
BLAZBLUE: CALAMITY TRIGGER - $19.99
Bourne Conspiracy - $14.99
COD World at War - $19.99
COD4: GOTY - $19.99
COD MW2 - $49.99
Dragon Ball Raging Blast - $29.99
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - $14.99
Eragon - $9.99
Fallout 3 - $19.99
Fuel - $12.99
GH Aerosmith - $9.99
GH Smash Hits - $19.99
GH World Tour Band Kit - $89.99
GH5 Bundle - $69.99
IL Sturmovik: birds of prey - $19.99
Karaoke Americaan Idol 2 (Game Only) - $9.99
Popcap Arcade Hits vol. 2 - $12.99
Prototype - $19.99
Pure - $14.99
Quake IV - $14.99
Quantum of Solace (007) - $14.99
Rock Revolution - $4.99
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - $19.99
Saw - $24.99
Section 8 - $19.99
Sonic Unleashed - $14.99
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $14.99
Spiderman Friend or Foe - $9.99
Way of the Samurai 3 - $29.99
Wolfenstein - $29.99
Xmen Origins: Wolverine - $19.99

PLAYSTATION 3

Assassin's Creed 2 - $29.99
Bayonetta - $39.99
BLAZBLUE: CALAMITY TRIGGER - $19.99
Bourne Conspiracy - $14.99
COD World at War - $19.99
COD4 - $19.99
COD MW2 - $49.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - $19.99
Dragon Ball Raging Blast - $29.99
Fallout 3 - $19.99
Fuel - $12.99
GH 3 Bundle - $29.99
GH Aerosmith - $9.99
GH Smash Hits - $19.99
GH World Tour Band Kit - $89.99
GH 5 bundle - $69.99
Heavenly Sword - $29.99
IL 2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey - $19.99
Karaoke American Idol 2 (Game Only) - $9.99
Lair - $19.99
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $19.99
Prototype - $19.99
Pure - $14.99
Rock Revolution - $4.99
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - $19.99
Saw - $24.99
Shaun White Snowboarding - $14.99
Sonic Unleashed - $14.99
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - $14.99
Way of the Samurai 3 - $29.99
Wolfenstein - $29.99
Xmen Origins: Wolverine - $19.99

Let me know if anyone would like me to post up the DS, PSP, WII, and PC as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back