Gamestop - Gameday Sale March 26th List

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Here is a Partial list of Games and Tenative Prices. Subject to change till Final Add goes to print Wed. Look for 10% Bonus coupon in April Game Informer very small compared to actual list of games

DS

Ben 10 :AFA - 14.99
COP:The Recruit - 19.99

PSP
Warhammer 40K Squad - 14.99
Worms 2 - 9.99

360 Assas 2 - 39.99
left for dead 2 39.99
quantum of Soalace 9.99 or 14.99

Wii
deal or no deal 14.99
foodnet worrk cooked - 29.99
kung fu panda - 14.99
rabids go home 19.99
res ev 4 - 14.99
res ev - umbrella 19.99
spider-man web of shadows - 14.99

PS3
Disgia 3 - 14.99
fallout 19.99
metal gear solid 19.99
saw - 19.99
shaun white 1 - 14.99

ps2
crash of titans - 14.99
crash mind over mutant -14.99
karoke rev american idol - 19.99
legend of spyro 14.99

LOTS of PSP movies 2.99-4.99
WAY MORE TO COME

[quote name='hostyl1']"Gaming" is *indeed* a widespread industry now. "Gaming Forums" otoh, are still a nerds paradise. Dont believe me? Next time your on XBL or PSN playing MW2, ask your teammates how they feel about the whole Infinity Ward / Activision dust up. Most likely, you'll be met with "Infinity who?"[/QUOTE]

Well...it depends. On occasion I'll visit a forum to find out info or something, and if I post something I try to be pretty civil. I don't dwell on message boards and try to have wars with people, I think these deal forums are pretty calm for the most part. There are a few nerds on here but most people I see on here seem pretty laid back. Everyone has a bit of a nerd in them about something, whether it be games, movies, music, cars, etc...

[quote name='mr_bungle']Well...it depends. On occasion I'll visit a forum to find out info or something, and if I post something I try to be pretty civil. I don't dwell on message boards and try to have wars with people, I think these deal forums are pretty calm for the most part. There are a few nerds on here but most people I see on here seem pretty laid back. Everyone has a bit of a nerd in them about something, whether it be games, movies, music, cars, etc...[/QUOTE]
I think by "gaming forum" he meant more IGN, GameFAQs, etc forums.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you're talking about the Fallout 3 GOTY edition for PS3, try Sears as they have it for $19.97 now.:D[/QUOTE]

Sucks, my Sears charges full price for every game they sell, heh.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm actually probably going by my Sears tomorrow. Lately, they have had a ton of last year's sports games on clearance for $2, and I've made a decent profit off of some of them already. If they have any copies of the GOTY edition, I'll pick one up for you.[/QUOTE]Which Sears? The one in Newport mall? I never searched there for video games. Where would they be? (Since you're from Hudson County and use the Target in Jersey City as well)

[quote name='Traitorious']I think by "gaming forum" he meant more IGN, GameFAQs, etc forums.[/QUOTE]

And perhaps the worst offender NeoGAF, but no, I'd include CAG forums as well. I think CAG and allgames tend to be the mildest of the bunch, but you'll see some of the 'hardcore elitism' even filter in here. Anyone who visits gaming forums speaks in a 'language' (for lack of a better term) that is hardly understood outside of forum life. Again, I doubt most people who play games realize that there is a relationship, sometimes a strained relationship, between developers and publishers. But that is almost Gaming 101 to a forum dweller. Only us nerds care about that type of inside baseball.

[quote name='hostyl1']And perhaps the worst offender NeoGAF, but no, I'd include CAG forums as well. I think CAG and allgames tend to be the mildest of the bunch, but you'll see some of the 'hardcore elitism' even filter in here. Anyone who visits gaming forums speaks in a 'language' (for lack of a better term) that is hardly understood outside of forum life. Again, I doubt most people who play games realize that there is a relationship, sometimes a strained relationship, between developers and publishers. But that is almost Gaming 101 to a forum dweller. Only us nerds care about that type of inside baseball.[/QUOTE]
'Jargon' the word you were looking for? :bouncy:

But you're pretty spot on with your analysis of the long-time "core" crowd vs. the average joe gamer.

[quote name='bigsick']did anyone else not get the game informer mag? i haven't received mine yet.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the one with the Portal cover? I got mine a couple weeks ago, I think.

[quote name='An J0e']still no list *lets out charlie brown GGGAAHHHHH*[/QUOTE]
This. The thread(s) should be locked until the full list surfaces.

I work there and we still have nothing.

Last year we found out 2 days before the sell what was actually going to be on it.

Everything is purely speculation at this point, as we can only guess what's going to be on the sell based on how many of a certain game they stock us on.

Ones that have been coming in as of late are:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Food Network: Cook or be Cooked
Disgaea 3
Persona 4
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol (360, PS3, PS2)
Boogie (PS2)
Guitar Hero 3 w/Guitar (PS3)
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits
Phantasy Star Portable
Midnight Club (PSP)
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Jurassic the Hunted (PS2)
Legend of Spyro (PS2)

There are many many others, but these are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

[quote name='farley91']I work there and we still have nothing.

Last year we found out 2 days before the sell what was actually going to be on it.

Everything is purely speculation at this point, as we can only guess what's going to be on the sell based on how many of a certain game they stock us on.

Ones that have been coming in as of late are:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Food Network: Cook or be Cooked
Disgaea 3
Persona 4
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol (360, PS3, PS2)
Boogie (PS2)
Guitar Hero 3 w/Guitar (PS3)
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits
Phantasy Star Portable
Midnight Club (PSP)
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Jurassic the Hunted (PS2)
Legend of Spyro (PS2)

There are many many others, but these are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.[/QUOTE]
persona 4 sealed for cheap, interesting...

[quote name='Virgil_Leone']persona 4 sealed for cheap, interesting...[/QUOTE]

its not going to be sealed. gamedays games are gutted and several rather residuey stickers are placed on the box

[quote name='Drclaw411']its not going to be sealed. gamedays games are gutted and several rather residuey stickers are placed on the box[/QUOTE]
Or you could have a non-douche GS that maybe guts a handful, but still has sealed copies in drawers.

This of course was only within the first 2 weeks of the sale last year when I'm sure they were sitting on a metric fuckton of inventory. I went back after the (do they do the mass drop in prices after week 3?) mass price drop and everything was gutted then :(

Ah yes Saw...we did get a lot of those as well on 360 and PS3.

You guys must go to crappy GameStops. We gut maybe 2 copies of the games and leave the rest sealed behind the counter with us. We put a price sticker on them and that's it. We also put on a Game Day sticker on it based on the percentage off, but if you get those within a couple of days they don't leave residue at all.

The quality of stickers lately have been much better about peeling off.

Also expect a lot of Wii and DS accessories to be on this sale as well as they are over-stocking us on accessories that I have not seen for a long while.

As soon as I get a copy of the list I'll post it to let you guys know what's going to be on the sale. It prolly won't be until Wednesday more than likely before anyone finds out, but who knows they may let us know.

And labelmeoriginal, it doesn't look like any older games will be on the sale, they may put used games on sale like they have before. They did it last year to try and get older games to sell. But as of right now, looks like it's going to semi-newer games on the sale.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Are you talking about the one with the Portal cover? I got mine a couple weeks ago, I think.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the portal cover one. I still haven't gotten it.

[quote name='farley91']Ah yes Saw...we did get a lot of those as well on 360 and PS3.

You guys must go to crappy GameStops. We gut maybe 2 copies of the games and leave the rest sealed behind the counter with us. We put a price sticker on them and that's it. We also put on a Game Day sticker on it based on the percentage off, but if you get those within a couple of days they don't leave residue at all.

The quality of stickers lately have been much better about peeling off.

Also expect a lot of Wii and DS accessories to be on this sale as well as they are over-stocking us on accessories that I have not seen for a long while.

As soon as I get a copy of the list I'll post it to let you guys know what's going to be on the sale. It prolly won't be until Wednesday more than likely before anyone finds out, but who knows they may let us know.

And labelmeoriginal, it doesn't look like any older games will be on the sale, they may put used games on sale like they have before. They did it last year to try and get older games to sell. But as of right now, looks like it's going to semi-newer games on the sale.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, it isnt the normal gamestop stickers or the gameday sale stickers that leave residue. The one I just cant stand is that big clear circular thing that is put across the opening of gutted new games. That thing is such a bitch. I still have residue on a copy of 300 for psp that I got at least year's gamedays.

[quote name='Drclaw411']To be honest, it isnt the normal gamestop stickers or the gameday sale stickers that leave residue. The one I just cant stand is that big clear circular thing that is put across the opening of gutted new games. That thing is such a bitch. I still have residue on a copy of 300 for psp that I got at least year's gamedays.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I really hate those. If you peel them of quickly after getting it they come off decently.

I really hate those things, sometimes I just use a regular white price sticker. Much easier to get off and still serves the same purpose.

[quote name='farley91']Yeah I really hate those. If you peel them of quickly after getting it they come off decently.

I really hate those things, sometimes I just use a regular white price sticker. Much easier to get off and still serves the same purpose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I usually just ask for no sticker and they're normally good about it. One time the guy told me it was policy and proceeded to still take it off. I then immediatley peeled it off while I was still in the store (not like to be rude or anything, just didnt want it festering on there).

There is one good thing I like about those stickers though, I have one over the yellow barcode on my edge card. I asked the clerk why she put it on there, and she told me it kept the numbers and bardcode from rubbing off. It works, I highly reccomend it next time you have to renew an edge card.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Yeah I usually just ask for no sticker and they're normally good about it. One time the guy told me it was policy and proceeded to still take it off. I then immediatley peeled it off while I was still in the store (not like to be rude or anything, just didnt want it festering on there).

There is one good thing I like about those stickers though, I have one over the yellow barcode on my edge card. I asked the clerk why she put it on there, and she told me it kept the numbers and bardcode from rubbing off. It works, I highly reccomend it next time you have to renew an edge card.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I know they save those Edge cards, I do it all the time.

Actually we are supposed to be getting new Edge cards in the near future. They will be able to track your purchases and finally give you points for using it finally so you can use the points online to buy something. This is purely a rumor. I'm just passing on what I've heard.

[quote name='farley91']Oh yeah I know they save those Edge cards, I do it all the time.

Actually we are supposed to be getting new Edge cards in the near future. They will be able to track your purchases and finally give you points for using it finally so you can use the points online to buy something. This is purely a rumor. I'm just passing on what I've heard.[/QUOTE]

How about multiple designs, I know Canada gets several to choose from that include different game designs on them :D

[quote name='mitnosi']How about multiple designs, I know Canada gets several to choose from that include different game designs on them :D[/QUOTE]

No idea, from what I heard it's supposed to be platinum this time around.

[quote name='farley91']Oh yeah I know they save those Edge cards, I do it all the time.

Actually we are supposed to be getting new Edge cards in the near future. They will be able to track your purchases and finally give you points for using it finally so you can use the points online to buy something. This is purely a rumor. I'm just passing on what I've heard.[/QUOTE]

I vaugley remember something official around this time last year. It was either signs in the stores, online, an email notice, i know it was something official about upcoming additional benefits to the edge card, possibly even several new levels you could decide to make your card for different prices. Never saw anything about it since then though.

I have almost come to accept that even if they do have a B2G1 I will end up not getting anything because I know I will not be able to get the three games that I want which are Heavy Rain, GoW3, and FF13.

Does anyone know if I could buy them used at another Gamestop and return them to my Gamestop during the B2G1 just to buy them back?

[quote name='mitnosi']How about multiple designs, I know Canada gets several to choose from that include different game designs on them :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am in Canada right now and had to renew edge card so picked up a new one. Got a Donkey Kong one pretty cool stuff....

also whats up with the much cheaper used game prices here in canada!

I heard Bayonetta for $20-$30 which would be awesome!

I do wanna say something to all these hardcore gamers that complain about guts and the games that are or aren't on the list.

Gamestop does not market to people that even read these threads. If you are reading this thread, Gamestop does not really even want your business. You take up too much administrative time that they could be using to make themselves more profitable. You go in there and start arguments about princess peach this, call of duty that, why did you gut that RPG!? lol It simply would not be profitable! They do however appeal to the other 98% of the human market, to make money! Hey I'm a gamer too but I also understand business. Stop complaining and go try trading in games at walmart or best buy. Or if you fall into the prior noted category I guess you probably don't trade your games in.......because.....there gonna be worth tons of money in the future right?......

Sorry I guess the day I was in a Gamestop and they offered to send this guy to another store to get a game because he refused to wait for a transfer (yes they will find you what you are looking for and get it for you, even the rarest games, of course limited to the platforms they carry) and the guy seriously said "I can't drive over there because my tags are expired!" I seriously had to ask myself "what is wrong with this world?" Then again I ask myself that everyday..... Don't mind me...

Oh yeah and especially the guy who said "To quote an enemy from "whatever lame ass game he said" "BARF" - wow dude FUL

It's called Mario Twins, They look sooooo gawd damn like the same person!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I'm down with Disgaea on PS3 at that price.

Maybe Saw as well depending on that GI coupon. They had a coupon last year as well.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who thinks they NEED the game "SAW" because its a good deal should seriously stop living paycheck to paycheck and do something with your life. Gawd damn poverty!! Your excuse i'm sure is "I have bucketloads of money to spend! I NEED saw! screw the recession!"

Gamestop thanks you for your money! =)

Ramen noodles till next paycheck! "Well that's cool I can still tell everyone I eat ramen like the japanese do. My Naruto friends get it"

Cheapassgamer LMFAO

[quote name='wissy']I have almost come to accept that even if they do have a B2G1 I will end up not getting anything because I know I will not be able to get the three games that I want which are Heavy Rain, GoW3, and FF13.

Does anyone know if I could buy them used at another Gamestop and return them to my Gamestop during the B2G1 just to buy them back?[/QUOTE]

Unlikely. The return policy they have linked on their website doesn't say it has to be returned to the same store, but no manager is going to let this happen because it will screw their store's numbers.

[quote name='Driftninja']Anyone who thinks they NEED the game "SAW" because its a good deal should seriously stop living paycheck to paycheck and do something with your life. Gawd damn poverty!! Your excuse i'm sure is "I have bucketloads of money to spend! I NEED saw! screw the recession!"

Ramen noodles till next paycheck! "Well that's cool I can still tell everyone I eat ramen like the japanese do. My Naruto friends get it"

Cheapassgamer LMFAO[/QUOTE]

I'm a Cheapassgamer, not a Brokeassgamer =P

[quote name='elessar123']I'm a Cheapassgamer, not a Brokeassgamer =P[/QUOTE]

haha niyce U got me on that one ;)

and your avatar is awesome btw! :p

[quote name='DrBrianFields']Unlikely. The return policy they have linked on their website doesn't say it has to be returned to the same store, but no manager is going to let this happen because it will screw their store's numbers.[/QUOTE]

If you buy them all separately (essentially paying normal price up front), then return them to the final Gamestop (the one that has the last or final 2 games you want). You can do that and then re-buy them for the B2G1 offer. They will not be happy but they absolutely MUST do this for you. There is nothing in the policies that say you cannot do it. Also Retail = YOU (the customer) get whatever you want (within reason =p)

Where it gets tricky is if you already bought 3 games and want to return one, you have to return all (because you got 1 free). I'm not undermining you just trying to reduce questions to a minimum.

[quote name='Driftninja']If you buy them all separately (essentially paying normal price up front), then return them to the final Gamestop (the one that has the last or final 2 games you want). You can do that and then re-buy them for the B2G1 offer. They will not be happy but they absolutely MUST do this for you. There is nothing in the policies that say you cannot do it. Also Retail = YOU (the customer) get whatever you want (within reason =p)

Where it gets tricky is if you already bought 3 games and want to return one, you have to return all (because you got 1 free). I'm not undermining you just trying to reduce questions to a minimum.[/QUOTE]

Oh btw if a store manager does not let this happen you can call coorporate and they will be in mucho trouble and eventually have to do it anyway ;)

[quote name='Driftninja']If you buy them all separately (essentially paying normal price up front), then return them to the final Gamestop (the one that has the last or final 2 games you want). You can do that and then re-buy them for the B2G1 offer. They will not be happy but they absolutely MUST do this for you. There is nothing in the policies that say you cannot do it. Also Retail = YOU (the customer) get whatever you want (within reason =p)

Where it gets tricky is if you already bought 3 games and want to return one, you have to return all (because you got 1 free). I'm not undermining you just trying to reduce questions to a minimum.[/QUOTE]

Just remember to read the receipt... Gamestop holds the right of refusal on any transaction or return. So just as quickly can we make things work for customers who are a bit out of date on a defective item or just want something else... we can also stick it to people trying to take advantage of our return policies.

A huge YMMV on that. If you never worked retail then you think "The customer is always right"

After you have worked retail for years, the true statement is "The customer is always an idiot".

Remember to be nice to the employees (it's not our fault we have to jump through hoops for the upper management folks) and we'll be much more likely to help you out. Try to cheat the system or make your own loopholes and we'll enjoy making you squirm right back. Needless to say, our location has really stuck it to some folks abusing the return policy in the past. What you recommended isn't necessarily fraud, but it's pretty close in my books. Remember, the only thing we MUST do is cram reserves and subs down your throat.

Ugh...I hate when people think it's their god-given right to abuse the system. If you can get away with it, that's fine, but don't get all high and mighty when someone calls you on it and doesn't let you get away with it. Their return policy is in place to let you buy a used game, try it, and not be absolutely obligated to be stuck with it if you hate it. It's not there to be abused as a rental service or way to shift games form store to store or whatever other creative things you can come up with.

[quote name='Driftninja']Anyone who thinks they NEED the game "SAW" because its a good deal should seriously stop living paycheck to paycheck and do something with your life. Gawd damn poverty!! Your excuse i'm sure is "I have bucketloads of money to spend! I NEED saw! screw the recession!"

Cheapassgamer LMFAO[/QUOTE]

Are you on dope?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Are you on dope?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes I think so.

I'm not sure what is with the mentality that if you are on this board you are poor. I am far from poor and buy pretty much whatever I want when I want it. I don't think in the last 4 years I have had to look at something and go 'Naa, I can't afford that now'

I just like getting more bang for my buck.

[quote name='TheKbob']Just remember to read the receipt... Gamestop holds the right of refusal on any transaction or return. So just as quickly can we make things work for customers who are a bit out of date on a defective item or just want something else... we can also stick it to people trying to take advantage of our return policies.

A huge YMMV on that. If you never worked retail then you think "The customer is always right"

After you have worked retail for years, the true statement is "The customer is always an idiot".

Remember to be nice to the employees (it's not our fault we have to jump through hoops for the upper management folks) and we'll be much more likely to help you out. Try to cheat the system or make your own loopholes and we'll enjoy making you squirm right back. Needless to say, our location has really stuck it to some folks abusing the return policy in the past. What you recommended isn't necessarily fraud, but it's pretty close in my books. Remember, the only thing we MUST do is cram reserves and subs down your throat.[/QUOTE]

I kind of disagree. The customer is not always an idiot. I have some good customers that are not idiots. That is the kind of customer I try to be. Tonight I took the 10 dollar and 5 dollar coupons for Toy story 1 and toy story 2 to target. It only let me use 2. Well he scanned the 5 dollar ones first. I didn't push it. I just asked him to please redeem the 10 dollar ones instead of the 5 dollar ones. No reason to yell at him and cause a ruckus for something that isn't his fault.

[quote name='TheKbob']Just remember to read the receipt... Gamestop holds the right of refusal on any transaction or return. So just as quickly can we make things work for customers who are a bit out of date on a defective item or just want something else... we can also stick it to people trying to take advantage of our return policies.

Remember to be nice to the employees (it's not our fault we have to jump through hoops for the upper management folks) and we'll be much more likely to help you out. Try to cheat the system or make your own loopholes and we'll enjoy making you squirm right back. Needless to say, our location has really stuck it to some folks abusing the return policy in the past. What you recommended isn't necessarily fraud, but it's pretty close in my books. Remember, the only thing we MUST do is cram reserves and subs down your throat.[/QUOTE]

I kind of disagree. The customer is not always an idiot. I have some good customers that are not idiots. That is the kind of customer I try to be. Tonight I took the 10 dollar and 5 dollar coupons for Toy story 1 and toy story 2 to target. It only let me use 2. Well he scanned the 5 dollar ones first. I didn't push it. I just asked him to please redeem the 10 dollar ones instead of the 5 dollar ones. No reason to yell at him and cause a ruckus for something that isn't his fault.

[quote name='dmdragon']
I kind of disagree. The customer is not always an idiot. I have some good customers that are not idiots. That is the kind of customer I try to be. Tonight I took the 10 dollar and 5 dollar coupons for Toy story 1 and toy story 2 to target. It only let me use 2. Well he scanned the 5 dollar ones first. I didn't push it. I just asked him to please redeem the 10 dollar ones instead of the 5 dollar ones. No reason to yell at him and cause a ruckus for something that isn't his fault.[/QUOTE]
You are correct in that not EVERY customer is an idiot. Only 98.2% are. Oh, how the rose-colored glasses came off within the first year of retail work.

Oh man that is sooooo true! I had worked for Gamestop for 11 years. That is how I know the shitty ass retail business. And the customer is always an idiot thing is so damn true! hahaha I love it. yeah I would get in trouble dealing with these damn fools. But never the less no matter what, they always get their way unfortunately. It pisses me off but that's how retail goes. And The Kbob is absolutely correct! See there are many POS tricks at Gamestop. Being nice, cool and understanding is the best way to get what you want from the local employees. There is a way to do anything so take my advice and you will come out on top. =)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Ugh...I hate when people think it's their god-given right to abuse the system. If you can get away with it, that's fine, but don't get all high and mighty when someone calls you on it and doesn't let you get away with it. Their return policy is in place to let you buy a used game, try it, and not be absolutely obligated to be stuck with it if you hate it. It's not there to be abused as a rental service or way to shift games form store to store or whatever other creative things you can come up with. [/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct! The return policy is not meant to be a free rental system. As this site is called "Cheapassgamer" I can see many of you trying to do that. That's simply poverty mentality and please do something with your life other than waste away behind a controller.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Are you on dope?[/QUOTE]

No

[quote name='Buuhan1']It seems PS3 deals are hard to come by, at least when compared to 360 deals.[/QUOTE]

I think it has to do with 360 games outselling PS3 games by a large difference. It takes much longer for PS3 games to clear all overhead so their prices stay at a premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back