Gamestop "Give a Little, Get a Little" - Fathers Day Sale [Glitch is DEAD]

poker360

Banned
620x150_fdsale2.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=873&loc=homeflash1

The new "DEAL" (as said above) : Buy ANY new game and get 50% off on a game from the list.

******GLITCH IS NOW DEAD. THE ONLY WAY TO GET 50% OFF IS IF YOU BUY ONE OVER 39.99 AND THE SECOND ONE WILL BE 50% OFF.******

Gamestop is having the sale as shown above. It is currently GLITCHED where you can order one game $39.99 or more and automatically get 50% off! I ordered split second for $29.99 + tax. It says 3 free day shipping, but it didn't apply to my final order, so i used SAVER for free shipping. This is for the NEW version only.

Apparently you can add any game from the list (i think) and lets say for NSMB Wii... put in a small filler, and get the game for 50% off as well.

Games that you can get 50% off of without having to buy 2: (Price listed AFTER 50% discount)

:ps3: LBP Goty + $10.99 game - $25.98 --- ADD LBP GOTY to cart and any game priced $10.99 and it will be $25.98
:wii:NSMB Wii + $5.99 game - $23.48 --- ADD NSMB Wii to CART and any game priced $5.99. Total should come out to $23.48!!
:ps3:Madden NFL 10 - $29.99
:360:NFS: Shift - $19.99
:360::ps3:Split Second - $29.99
:ps3:MX Vs. ATV: Reflex - $19.99
:wii:You Shape w/ camera - $19.99
:wii:Sonic & Sega All Stars - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']I was able to stack a $10 coupon and SAVER on Split Second PS3, thus making it $19.99 shipped :D

The $10 coupon I used was from last year's Game Day sale when they canceled glitched orders and sent out STFU coupons. The newer coupons won't stack.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Hmmm anyone have any tips on getting it to stack with a $10 coupon?[/QUOTE]

fuck... I have like 10 of these stupid coupons and not one would stack with an order using this deal.

So, no, tooshorty, I don't think it can be done if it isn't an older one or "special" code that was handed out by customer service. Though I have one of those because they gave me one after I complained about ordering Glory of Heracles for $14.98 with no coupon and that one doesn't stack either.

Ordered NSMB and Orcs & Elves for the DS... $25.77 total after tax. (and I had a $25 gift card)

Now hopefully they'll let the orders go through...

Can I use my EDGE balance to purchase NSMB and $10 giftcard? OR is this one of those you can't buy credit with credit deals? Getting a weird error when I check out telling me to enter correct g/c or c/c info.

[quote name='sgaldis']NSMB Wii +$10GC +$10 coupon code for $28.xx, and this is not a good deal how?[/QUOTE]

SUCH a good deal, NSMB for effectively $8? I already own it and I bit.

I have both PS3 and 360. Want to get Split Second, which is the better version? Or are there no real differences like in other multi-platform games?

FINE! I finally will get NFS Shift, probably the lowest it will ever be (except for Clearance prices) and figure I should get in on this deal..but when I'm entering my address stuff to checkout, I keep going to a "Page Not Found" argh..

edit: yup, three times in a row..damn my shipping addy and billing addy being different! oh well, gonna go check out NewEgg now for some cheap game fixes..AND I can use PayPal

wtf anyone get this to work with a used copy of split second or any used game??

wont do it but will with a new copy-

don't see where it says will work with new copies only-

What the F**k. I added Split/second PS3, but it wont add deal. I put madden 10 with it and it only goes to split second, i take madded out of cart, the deal is gone. WTF!

Can someone help me please?

Deal is dead. They fixed the "Glitch" even though i didn't think it was a glitch anymore.

above poster: What? It doesn't work anymore for me.

I thought about this for a good minute when the glitch was in effect where Split Second was going for 29.99 by itself.

I still think it is overpriced, but with a backlog like mine... it wasn't too hard to pass up.

it seems like it would work. I added NSMB and a wiimote in the cart and it came up with $17.50 off NSMB, didnt go through with the purchase so dont know for sure, I may bite on it tomorrow

Yep, this has apparently been fixed. I got my $29.99 S/S yesterday with store credit so I can return the one I bought for $32.76 cash money at Costco last week.

Looks like they still looked over something, guys. ;) You can still get a free 50% off on any of the listed games by adding a pre-order to the order. As long as you cancel the pre-order after the game ships, you'll get the 50% off for free. :D May want to add this to the OP.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Looks like they still looked over something, guys. ;) You can still get a free 50% off on any of the listed games by adding a pre-order to the order. As long as you cancel the pre-order after the game ships, you'll get the 50% off for free. :D May want to add this to the OP.[/QUOTE]
Teach me the way... Master... (kneel)

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Looks like they still looked over something, guys. ;) You can still get a free 50% off on any of the listed games by adding a pre-order to the order. As long as you cancel the pre-order after the game ships, you'll get the 50% off for free. :D May want to add this to the OP.[/QUOTE]

I would, but from my experiences with gamestop's website, it is a pain in the ass to cancel or do anything.. unless you call them.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I made a new account, and I'm using a new card. WTFFFFFFF[/QUOTE]

New Account, Different Name, Different Address (shipping and billing)

Worked for me because I had one sent to my house and one to my parents' house. Used GS credit for both purchases.

Both my orders from yesterday for NSMB are still open and pending. I just emailed for both orders to try to get 3 day shipping. Let's see if that will work.

[quote name='confoosious']Did you stack anything?[/QUOTE]

A $10 off coupon that worked with it. But I also had a NSMB Wii order with Sega Superstars Tennis and Prey that was canceled as well with nothing stacked on it.

[quote name='sadboy']Teach me the way... Master... (kneel)[/QUOTE]

yeah chandler is right--threw in halo reach just for kicks and split second and im getting the $30 off.

edit-seems to work only with new copies not used (from the list) . from what ive been trying.

split second new n red dead used works comes out to $75 + tax.

Was there anytime in history where gamestop ever honored the glitched orders?
I remember a glitch a year or two ago that was promptly cancelled and they gave $10 gift card as consolation. Surprised many at the time b/c gamestop usually just canceled the glitched orders without any email or explanations before.

I'm not expecting my SSMB and Xbox points cards order to go through but I'd be very surprised if it did.

[quote name='confoosious']they recently honored a B2G1 that glitched to B1G1.[/QUOTE]

yeah they did i got splinter cell conviction and nsm bros. (x2)

for me and my friend.

My order for PS3 S/S is still in "Verifying" status, which I assume at this point is going to get canceled.

Also, Used PS3 S/S was in-stock over the weekend and I tried to order it with the 25DEAL code (padded the order with some random new game) and the 25% off never worked on S/S. Ended up arguing with the GS reps on the phone and they finally relented, but now its just sitting there in "Pending" state while the other padding game has already shipped.

[quote name='jetsaredim']My order for PS3 S/S is still in "Verifying" status, which I assume at this point is going to get canceled.
[/QUOTE]

Does anyone remember if pending comes before verifying?

status on my split second order is "pending" and still an open order.

hoping it doesn't get canceled. If it does I'll just bitch to GameStop customer service.

bread's done
Back