Gamestop "Give a Little, Get a Little" - Fathers Day Sale [Glitch is DEAD]

poker360

Banned
620x150_fdsale2.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=873&loc=homeflash1

The new "DEAL" (as said above) : Buy ANY new game and get 50% off on a game from the list.

******GLITCH IS NOW DEAD. THE ONLY WAY TO GET 50% OFF IS IF YOU BUY ONE OVER 39.99 AND THE SECOND ONE WILL BE 50% OFF.******

Gamestop is having the sale as shown above. It is currently GLITCHED where you can order one game $39.99 or more and automatically get 50% off! I ordered split second for $29.99 + tax. It says 3 free day shipping, but it didn't apply to my final order, so i used SAVER for free shipping. This is for the NEW version only.

Apparently you can add any game from the list (i think) and lets say for NSMB Wii... put in a small filler, and get the game for 50% off as well.

Games that you can get 50% off of without having to buy 2: (Price listed AFTER 50% discount)

:ps3: LBP Goty + $10.99 game - $25.98 --- ADD LBP GOTY to cart and any game priced $10.99 and it will be $25.98
:wii:NSMB Wii + $5.99 game - $23.48 --- ADD NSMB Wii to CART and any game priced $5.99. Total should come out to $23.48!!
:ps3:Madden NFL 10 - $29.99
:360:NFS: Shift - $19.99
:360::ps3:Split Second - $29.99
:ps3:MX Vs. ATV: Reflex - $19.99
:wii:You Shape w/ camera - $19.99
:wii:Sonic & Sega All Stars - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
GS charged me $19 instead of $29 which is the total on the order form. I'm thinking they accepted the $10 coupon code I tried to use or something is up. My order went from verifying to pending now also.

My order of NSMB and a $10 gift card is now pending. And I just got my $10 gift card/code emailed to me. Doesn't "pending" mean it's about to be shipped?

[quote name='stevieraveon']My order of NSMB and a $10 gift card is now pending. And I just got my $10 gift card/code emailed to me. Doesn't "pending" mean it's about to be shipped?[/QUOTE]
An order could be pending approval. It's not set in stone.

[quote name='jetsaredim']AFAIK it goes Verifying -> Pending -> Shipped[/QUOTE]

That is correct. Once it goes pending, you cannot cancel the order manually, but you can when it's verifying.

they won't let me order another Wii Mario on same day different transactions!!! wtf

{{Payment Options

The purchase quantity limit for New Super Mario Bros. Wii is 1 and has been exceeded. New Super Mario Bros. Wii has been removed from the order.}}

by the way, I added 2 preorders to my cart and it allow me the half off NSMB and applied my $10 coupon code! when I took 1 of the preorders off, I lost the half off NSMB.

Status: "Shipped" and order "closed" I have a tracking number but it must be too new to register anything. No email saying it has been shipped yet. Is this normal?

does anyone know how the $10 coupon codes are allotted on a receipt for 2 games? Does 1 game show up as $10 below cost, or do they both share the discount based on percentage of total cost?

SplitSecond order is closed with a tracking number :) $31.79. I emailed asking if my $10 credit would be applied and got this response:

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. A refund
request has been issued for your order in the amount of $10.

You should see the refund process within the next 3-5 business days,
depending upon your financial institutions credit policies.
So ~$22 for a new copy of S/S. Pretty pumped

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']SplitSecond order is closed with a tracking number :) $31.79. I emailed asking if my $10 credit would be applied and got this response:

So ~$22 for a new copy of S/S. Pretty pumped[/QUOTE]
What $10 credit?

[quote name='kudu91']My copy of NSBW shipped. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Did you get an email for the $10 coupon code? I haven't yet at least and mine shipped already too.

Did you guys use value shipping? And when did you place your orders?

EDIT: Both my orders just shipped today also.

Last edited by a moderator:
i placed my order yesterday right after i posted the thread, using saver shipping.

It just shipped today ;) (Split second)

[quote name='poker360']i placed my order yesterday right after i posted the thread, using saver shipping.

It just shipped today ;) (Split second)[/QUOTE]

Ditto. 21.xx shipped. Great deal, father's day officially successful.

Placed an order for S/S around 7:00 pm PST yesterday using Saver. Just saw that the status changed to shipped (it was "pending" as of 3:30 PST today).

[quote name='handsomepete']Ditto. 21.xx shipped. Great deal, father's day officially successful.[/QUOTE]
But how many people did it for Father's Day? (sniff)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']SplitSecond order is closed with a tracking number :) $31.79. I emailed asking if my $10 credit would be applied and got this response:

So ~$22 for a new copy of S/S. Pretty pumped[/QUOTE]

what exactly did u tell them in ur email?

[quote name='azngtlman']Hah, I bought them for myself for Father's Day.[/QUOTE]
You are truly a gentleman. (bow)

My NSMBW shipped. No $10 coupon email yet. I did use SAVER.

BmBoWnZ... is the credit/coupon you used a 'future game credit' kinda thing? I have a $20 credit from buying SMG2 that i'd love to use, but it didn't work during the order, and I didn't expect it to anyway since they supposedly don't combine. Well, it worked, but eliminated the 50% off. So, was yours a different sort of coupon?

[quote name='evanwink']My NSMBW shipped. No $10 coupon email yet. I did use SAVER.

BmBoWnZ... is the credit/coupon you used a 'future game credit' kinda thing? I have a $20 credit from buying SMG2 that i'd love to use, but it didn't work during the order, and I didn't expect it to anyway since they supposedly don't combine. Well, it worked, but eliminated the 50% off. So, was yours a different sort of coupon?[/QUOTE]

Nah it was one of those. I emailed them the coupon code (UFC Sweepstakes) and order # and told them the coupon code wouldn't work. That's when she told me they'd credit me $10

My 360 copy of Split Second shipped. I was so worried after seeing all the people getting their's canceled, or at least fearing they would get canceled. Congrats to all those who got in on time before the glitch died! This is great fuel for the 'GS isn't ALL bad' fire.

Both my orders shipped! Great news. Things like this are why I hardly buy from anywhere besides GS now. Well deals like this & the relatively ease with which I can build up credit.

[quote name='chimpster1313']My 360 copy of Split Second shipped. I was so worried after seeing all the people getting their's canceled, or at least fearing they would get canceled. Congrats to all those who got in on time before the glitch died! This is great fuel for the 'GS isn't ALL bad' fire.[/QUOTE]

i wonder what the determining factor was in whether an order got cancelled.

Ah NSMBWii finally shipped and since I ordered a physical gift-card along with NSMBWii and did the glitch they didn't ship them out together giving me a chance to cancel the gift card and get NSMBWii for $19! Ha this is why I love CAG!

Mine shipped. Gonna be playing me some S/S in a couple of days!

Also picked up a GOW Collection/Red Controller tonight at a B&M GS store... I don't know if I'll keep it or not. I like the red controller. I probably will keep it...

[quote name='confoosious']i wonder what the determining factor was in whether an order got cancelled.[/QUOTE]

I'm also curious about this. I wonder if it's like the B1G1 glitch where people hoarded the shit out of new games. It seemed like when that happened people who ordered a bunch of copies of ME2, Bioshock 2, MW2, Borderlands, Dragon Age, and whatever, all those got canceled, but I ordered older, cheaper games and mine got honored. So I wonder if people who got 1 or 2 things got their order honored, and everyone else was told to fuck off.

If it helps, I went ahead and picked up a copy of Little King's story (24.95) with my NSMB and it was shipped. Ive only ordered from GS.com 4 times this year, so maybe that helped as well.

My single order of Wii Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing shipped as well, with the 50% off glitch applied. I paid in full with my c/c without using any other $10 coupons (didn't manage to get it to stack). Maybe those people with cancelled orders tried something funny? Or placed too many orders?

[quote name='chimpster1313']I'm also curious about this. I wonder if it's like the B1G1 glitch where people hoarded the shit out of new games. It seemed like when that happened people who ordered a bunch of copies of ME2, Bioshock 2, MW2, Borderlands, Dragon Age, and whatever, all those got canceled, but I ordered older, cheaper games and mine got honored. So I wonder if people who got 1 or 2 things got their order honored, and everyone else was told to fuck off.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's the case because I only ordered one copy of Split/Second and one for NSMB and they got canceled. And I've seen a few posts in this thread of people getting more than one copy and their orders now in the shipping process.

My order for NSMB Wii and gift card is still pending. Used credit on my Edge Card to pay for it in full so maybe that's one the reason's why it's being held up.

Edit- Scratch that. The NSMB ($17.49) shipped but the gift card is still "pending."

bread's done
Back