Gamestop Mystery Grab Bag PS3 / Xbox 360 / Wii $19.99. CAG16 and PUR discounts work. Check OP for reported games. Console Bundles Added.

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection. Wait, there's more? Yup, we failed to mention that there is also a chance your Mystery Grab Bag will include a "premium" preowned game valued up to $55! *

Playstation 3 Mystery Grab Bag

Xbox 360 Mystery Grab Bag

Reported Games:
PS3

$0.99
Madden 10 (disc only)

$2.99
Medal of Honor (no manual)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Disc only)
Madden NFL 2012 (missing manual)
Brink (complete)

$3.99
Duke Nukem Forever (complete)

$4.99
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)
Assassin's Creed 2 (disc only)
God of War 3
Uncharted 3
Rage
Metal Gear Solid 4

$6.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
NBA 2k13
Mass Effect 3
Hitman Absolution
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Infamous 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

$7.99
Wall-E (no manual)

$9.99
Soul Caliber IV
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty World of War

$12.99
Bejeweled 3

$17.99
Batman: Arkham Origins

$19.99
Spiderman 3 (disc only)

$24.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

Xbox 360

$2.99
Brink

$4.99
Deus Ex Human Revolution (no manual)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (complete)
Defiance (complete)
Madden 12
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)

NBA 2K11 (disc only)
NBA 2K12
$6.99
Bioshock 2
Fallout New Vegas (missing manual)
Max Payne 3 Single Player Disc Only (No Manual)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

$9.99
Peter Jackson's King Kong (disc only)
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Street Fighter IV (disc only)
Assassin's Creed 2
Halo Reach
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Batman Arkham City
Forza 3

$14.99
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe

$18.99
Batman: Arkham Origin

$37.99
Titanfall

Wii

Monster Jam Urban Assault (disc/case)

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (disc/case)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (cib)

Metroid Prime 3 (cib)

Rayman Raving Rabbids: Complete.

MX vs ATV Untamed: No manual.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Complete

Lego Indiana Jones: No manual.

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga: Complete.

Disney Epic Mickey: Disc only.

Need for Speed Prostreet. No manual

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2: No manual.

LEGO STAR WAR COMPLETE SAGA (no Manuel or case)
WII SPORTS (no Manuel or case)
GAME PARTY 3 Complete
SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS complete

Epic Mickey

Star Wars Lego The Complete Saga

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Mario & Sonic Olympic Games

Star Wars The Complete Saga

Sonic Unleashed

Wario Land Shake It!

Super Mario Bros Wii

"Mystery Grab Bags" may not be so mysterious.
Got my two "grab bags" for 360......

One is.....

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (disc only)

Medal of Honor (disc only)

Armored Core 4 (with Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones manuals... wtf?)

and.. drum roll please....

Second one is...

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (missing manual)

Medal of Honor (complete)

Armored Core 4 (missing manual)

Kinda pissed, but I should have been half expecting this... games don't seem all the fucking random if they gave me two of each...

Calling them to see what my options are...

Playstation 3 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned PlayStation 3 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Xbox 360 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned Xbox 360 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned Xbox 360 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Wii Details

What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 4 preowned Nintendo Wii games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection!

Important Information

*Due to the complexity of the Mystery Grab Bag, all returns/defective exchanges must be handled through our Customer Care team by contacting 1-800-883-8895
-Not every Mystery Grab Bag will contain 5 games, however, it is guaranteed to contain at least 3.
-"Combined Value" is determined by the sum of the list price for each game.
Update: Cag 16 and PUR discount seem to be working.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought two PS3 mystery bags and after reading this thread, I was honestly expecting duplicates.

#1 - with black sharpie dot next to bar code

Infamous 2 (disc only)

God of War III (complete)

Dead Rising 2 (disc only)

Soul Calibur IV (disc only)

$2 - with purple sharpie dot

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (disc only)

UFC Undisputed 2010 (complete)

Call of Duty: World at War (disc only)

Grand Theft Auto IV (complete)

I'm going to call to see if they'll accept mix and match returns.

I don't understand why you all keep supporting this company. I've bought one game from them in the last 5 years.
Its convenient for people to buy games from. Its convenient to flip games for credit or to pick up cheap stuff to transfer credit elsewhere. You can always return their garbage (which includes the mystery bags). Sometimes their preorder inclusions are better than competitors. Sometimes they actually run good deals/promotions. You know....rationale reasons. Its not like anyone here are share holders who are investing in the company or glorifying GS's business practices.

I support them cause their price for used jrpgs with PUR is almost always cheaper than anything you find online unless it is on sale online. 

Damn I wanted to get a bag and maybe hope to grab Bayonetta for PS3 in it but it seems like the chances would be around zero. 

i just saw this, how many old sports games do you think are in each bag :D/
It wasn't old sports games, it was that if you bought 2, you got fucking doubles. I think a few sports games were sprinkled in here and there, but not a box full.

It wasn't bad for 20 bucks or so, solid titles, but if it cost more than that it would be shit.

It also depends on how long you've had the system... Really pretty good for a new owner, but most of us who've had the system for years bought and played those games long ago. The kids might not have it too bad...

I wonder how that conversation goes when you are a video game company and you are donating Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 games.

"Hello child, which video game system do you have?"

"I don't have either sir. I was hoping for food."

"Ok Jimmy, just take the games and move on, I'm taking a Twitter picture here to show everyone what we're doing."

I missed out on the first run of this grab bag so now that it restocked I went ahead and bought the PS3 version which came with:

Red Dead Redemption

Little Big Planet GOTY red label

Little Big Planet 2

Soul Calibur IV

Unfortunately I could not get past the install screen of Red Dead Redemption and was told to send all four back for an exchange. I don't mind since I already had both LBP games so hopefully I get one with more variety this time.

I missed out on the first run of this grab bag so now that it restocked I went ahead and bought the PS3 version which came with:

Red Dead Redemption

Little Big Planet GOTY red label

Little Big Planet 2

Soul Calibur IV

Unfortunately I could not get past the install screen of Red Dead Redemption and was told to send all four back for an exchange. I don't mind since I already had both LBP games so hopefully I get one with more variety this time.
Compared to what other people got, you hit the lotto lol

They were active during the b2g1 sale, but I can't remember if it worked online or not.
They became available several weeks before the b2g1 sale but I was waiting for something worthwhile to combine shipping and the b2g1 sale hit the spot. I simply kept checking every few days and when I noticed they came back was afraid posting the info here would cause them to sell out before I had a chance to buy one. There aren't any Wii grab bags time around though there wasn't much interesting there anyways.

This also didn't count as an applicable game for the b2g1 sale and neither did pro discount apply automatically even though the product page specified it but the way I applied the discount means I wouldn't have a standing with customer service.

Can you guys not bump shitty deals? We all know this is a way to make more money out of people who think they'll be getting something good but don't realize that in actuality it's a grab bag of junk GS wouldn't be able to make a profit on individually.

I have a gr8 deel 4 u, 4 gaemz 4 $20 no dupes. Just lemme go buy MLB The Show 07, MAG, SOCOM Confrontation, and Madden 10 really quick for 99 cents each.

I have a gr8 deel 4 u, 4 gaemz 4 $20 no dupes. Just lemme go buy MLB The Show 07, MAG, SOCOM Confrontation, and Madden 10 really quick for 99 cents each.
That's only $4 worth of games but with Gamestop you get $30-$65 worth of games for only $20. You can see why everyone was jumping on this deal.

Last edited:
They became available several weeks before the b2g1 sale but I was waiting for something worthwhile to combine shipping and the b2g1 sale hit the spot. I simply kept checking every few days and when I noticed they came back was afraid posting the info here would cause them to sell out before I had a chance to buy one. There aren't any Wii grab bags time around though there wasn't much interesting there anyways.
This also didn't count as an applicable game for the b2g1 sale and neither did pro discount apply automatically even though the product page specified it but the way I applied the discount means I wouldn't have a standing with customer service.
man you saying you knew about this and you were holding out on us? What the hell?

I want ti see more unboxing videos and hear the defeat in the narrator's voices.

DO NOT hold out on shitty deals again.

Its convenient for people to buy games from. Its convenient to flip games for credit or to pick up cheap stuff to transfer credit elsewhere. You can always return their garbage (which includes the mystery bags). Sometimes their preorder inclusions are better than competitors. Sometimes they actually run good deals/promotions. You know....rationale reasons. Its not like anyone here are share holders who are investing in the company or glorifying GS's business practices.
I agree. They do have crazy prices on alot of older games, but I do find deals on stuff I don't have to add to my collection. I shop everywhere, who ever has the best deal gets my money. Period

First, the op links don't work. Please update so that no one misses out on this amazing deal.

360: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/mystery-grab-bag-xbox-360/120403
PS3: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/mystery-grab-bag-playstation-3/120404

Second, Gamestop has upped the ante on these babies for PS3 owners only. Now when you buy the PS3 grab bag you have a chance to score a whopping $24 worth of games! I just bought two.
Delete these links b4 someone else falls into the trap!

What's inside you ask? All the sports games from 2008!

OK, I took the chance and gt 1 PS3 GB, and 1 Xbox 360 GB.

PS3:

Infamous 2 -  instructions and cover art

Borderlands 2 -  instructions and cover art

Assassin's Creed -  instructions and cover art

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - no instructions, no cover art.

Alreayd have AC on Collections Edition, and Skyrim I really wanted Legendray Edition, but I'll take standard.  This si the one I msot wnated instructiosn and cover art for.

XBOX 360:

Batman Arkham City -  instructions and cover art

Borderlands 2 -  instructions and cover art

Alien Colonial Marines -  instructions and cover art

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary - no instructions, no cover art.

Well, repeat Borderlands 2, sadly.  And I already have Batman AC on PS3.

How'd I d?  All in all, not too shabby on the instructions & cover art front..  Bit bothered by same game on 2 different systems.  And 2 repeat games.  So 7 different games, 5 new games.  But worth $46.90?

You would think that gamestop would have ran out of red dead copys by now lol
true lol but also they changed the terms some

last time it was 3 to 5 games valued at $30 to $65 total value and now they claim it $40 to $70 total value and now it only 4 games straight

Also last time there was a chance at a premium game mentioned and that seem to be completely gone now with these new product pages.

true lol but also they changed the terms some

last time it was 3 to 5 games valued at $30 to $65 total value and now they claim it $40 to $70 total value and now it only 4 games straight

Also last time there was a chance at a premium game mentioned and that seem to be completely gone now with these new product pages.
That's only for the 360. PS3 bag says 4 games, $24-$65 value.

bread's done
Back