Gamestop Mystery Grab Bag PS3 / Xbox 360 / Wii $19.99. CAG16 and PUR discounts work. Check OP for reported games. Console Bundles Added.

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection. Wait, there's more? Yup, we failed to mention that there is also a chance your Mystery Grab Bag will include a "premium" preowned game valued up to $55! *

Playstation 3 Mystery Grab Bag

Xbox 360 Mystery Grab Bag

Reported Games:
PS3

$0.99
Madden 10 (disc only)

$2.99
Medal of Honor (no manual)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Disc only)
Madden NFL 2012 (missing manual)
Brink (complete)

$3.99
Duke Nukem Forever (complete)

$4.99
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)
Assassin's Creed 2 (disc only)
God of War 3
Uncharted 3
Rage
Metal Gear Solid 4

$6.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
NBA 2k13
Mass Effect 3
Hitman Absolution
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Infamous 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

$7.99
Wall-E (no manual)

$9.99
Soul Caliber IV
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty World of War

$12.99
Bejeweled 3

$17.99
Batman: Arkham Origins

$19.99
Spiderman 3 (disc only)

$24.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

Xbox 360

$2.99
Brink

$4.99
Deus Ex Human Revolution (no manual)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (complete)
Defiance (complete)
Madden 12
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)

NBA 2K11 (disc only)
NBA 2K12
$6.99
Bioshock 2
Fallout New Vegas (missing manual)
Max Payne 3 Single Player Disc Only (No Manual)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

$9.99
Peter Jackson's King Kong (disc only)
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Street Fighter IV (disc only)
Assassin's Creed 2
Halo Reach
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Batman Arkham City
Forza 3

$14.99
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe

$18.99
Batman: Arkham Origin

$37.99
Titanfall

Wii

Monster Jam Urban Assault (disc/case)

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (disc/case)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (cib)

Metroid Prime 3 (cib)

Rayman Raving Rabbids: Complete.

MX vs ATV Untamed: No manual.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Complete

Lego Indiana Jones: No manual.

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga: Complete.

Disney Epic Mickey: Disc only.

Need for Speed Prostreet. No manual

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2: No manual.

LEGO STAR WAR COMPLETE SAGA (no Manuel or case)
WII SPORTS (no Manuel or case)
GAME PARTY 3 Complete
SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS complete

Epic Mickey

Star Wars Lego The Complete Saga

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Mario & Sonic Olympic Games

Star Wars The Complete Saga

Sonic Unleashed

Wario Land Shake It!

Super Mario Bros Wii

"Mystery Grab Bags" may not be so mysterious.
Got my two "grab bags" for 360......

One is.....

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (disc only)

Medal of Honor (disc only)

Armored Core 4 (with Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones manuals... wtf?)

and.. drum roll please....

Second one is...

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (missing manual)

Medal of Honor (complete)

Armored Core 4 (missing manual)

Kinda pissed, but I should have been half expecting this... games don't seem all the fucking random if they gave me two of each...

Calling them to see what my options are...

Playstation 3 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned PlayStation 3 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Xbox 360 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned Xbox 360 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned Xbox 360 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Wii Details

What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 4 preowned Nintendo Wii games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection!

Important Information

*Due to the complexity of the Mystery Grab Bag, all returns/defective exchanges must be handled through our Customer Care team by contacting 1-800-883-8895
-Not every Mystery Grab Bag will contain 5 games, however, it is guaranteed to contain at least 3.
-"Combined Value" is determined by the sum of the list price for each game.
Update: Cag 16 and PUR discount seem to be working.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's been said a 100 times before but I'm here to say it again. GameStop is the worst.

(And I think this deal proves it)

I know it's been said a 100 times before but I'm here to say it again. GameStop is the worst.

(And I think this deal proves it)
Agreed, and I actually had to give them money for the first time in forever because of the lame Tales of Hearts R exclusivity deal.

Clearly they are not going to give out any good games with this. If they can sell the games for more by themselves that is what they are going to do. I doubt they are going to randomly pick good games. Their "vault" is probably full of crap that no one wants.

Deal could have potential, but the last time I ordered used games from the website; 6 out of 7 of them didn't have art work or manuals. Luckily I was able to take them to my local GS to exchange 4 of them for complete copies and got full refunds for the other two.

you ask this question in a country where gambling and state lotterys make trilliions?

edit: ninja'd
People know what the lottery prize is, though. if the potential prize of this Gamestop grab bag is a 500 million dollar Gamestop gift card, or hell, even a million I'll gamble. If not, I don't see the potential payout here as with normal gambling.

This is more akin to paying $5 at the boardwalk for a random toy grab, and whatever toy you get is worth about 20 cents. But at least with that, you pay the $5 because it will make your 4 year old daughter's day. For this? Don't see any real benefit.

People know what the lottery prize is, though. if the potential prize of this Gamestop grab bag is a 500 million dollar Gamestop gift card, or hell, even a million I'll gamble. If not, I don't see the potential payout here as with normal gambling.

This is more akin to paying $5 at the boardwalk for a random toy grab, and whatever toy you get is worth about 20 cents. But at least with that, you pay the $5 because it will make your 4 year old daughter's day. For this? Don't see any real benefit.
The benefit they're trying to push is value; the whole lottery aspect is the carrot they're dangling under your nose. They'd like you to believe that that brand new Halo or Borderlands game you want could be found inside one of these grab bags at a fraction of the cost, making it a great value, and making you the big winner, if you can only find it. What they won't tell you is that there's a .01% chance of this actually happening, and if it does, that new Halo game only made it into the bag because the 13 year old who owned it before you lost the case and instructions, then drew a dong on the disc in black sharpie.

I'm talking about the benefit to the consumer. You are talking about the benefit to Gamestop.

The benefit to Gamestop is obvious. If they didn't even include one of those higher value used games, no one would even know. But any person with an IQ over 50 knows this.

I'm talking about the benefit to the consumer. You are talking about the benefit to Gamestop.

The benefit to Gamestop is obvious. If they didn't even include one of those higher value used games, no one would even know. But any person with an IQ over 50 knows this.
I imagine they will. They may even include a few of them but GameStop's value's aren't always what you would consider market rate. It'll probably be some shitty game that's pretty recent that no one wants (like Destiny). Very few people will get it anyway. It's obvious to everyone here that this is going to be an awful deal. This should be considerd gambling.

Yeah I can see a ton of sport games being tossed into these. If that is the case, I'll pass. 

I don't have the money to do this right now, but I promise anyone who buys this will get free likes from me on every post I see them make. I know that may not mean a lot, but currently I'm a poor OP.

I sell games at a local anime convention and one of the other game vendors did grab bags - for reference, he did the grab bags to pawn off shitty games on people. GameStop will be no different. It might be fun to buy and open the grab bag, but the disappointment afterwards won't be worth it. The sad thing is a ton of people bought grab bags from that other vendor, and most of them then tried to trade them to me. No thank you.

The difference is that Lootcrate actually has a cool T-shirt and probably at least 1 funko vinyl and some cool gamer shit. These "Grab Bags" will be filled with 5 year old sports games games that have no covers or manuals and the inside of the cases smell like a combo of cheetos and cum. You know I'm right.
Well that's a disturbing imagery.

When I get home I may buy this if it's still available.

It's like opening a treasure chest at the end of the hound of xoriat raid... the dig usually poops in the box, but it's fun food a few minutes.

i took one for the team

Sx66BcH.jpg

I got one, and all I got was:

Pack of cigarettes $5

Prophylactic $0.99

Lube/Hand sanitizer $0.99

Freakishly large carrot $0.25

Missing evidence on the murder of JFK $priceless!!

So, all and all it was totally worth it!

This is a perfect way to get rid of all of those call of dutys,maddens,shovelware titles and assassin's creeds. Each bundle will have these in it no doubt lol

People who think Gamestop is doing this to get rid of junk games make me sad with their pessimism.

Gamestop is obviously doing this to help gamers on a budget.

#powertotheplayers

Remember, Gamestop is out to make money on this.  The "chance" for the high tier game might be 1/1000, or even less.  

Still, good luck everyone.  Results will surely spark interest.  

Or bring PR Doom.  Win/win I guess.  

I ordered one as well...I was on the phone for over two hours in order to get the powerup rewards discount. Hopefully they will fix it on the website. If you ever have trouble with someone just transfer over to the supervisor. Ask for David he kicks fuck ASS!

bread's done
Back