Gamestop NEW Black Friday Ad Changes (Battlefield 4 $24.99, Ghosts $44.99) NOW LIVE!

Osmanny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE: Deals are Going Live!

Received a copy of the new Black Friday Ad last night at work.
Seems like they made some noticeable changes.
I've gone ahead and photographed all of the changes.

Just to clarify some things. Everything else in the ad should be exactly the same as the ad shown here: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/GameStop/Ad
I just pointed out the changes in the ad.

:360: :ps3: :pc: Battlefield 4 - $24.99
:360: :ps3: :wii: Just Dance 2014 - $14.99
:360: :ps3: :pc: Call of Duty: Ghosts - $44.99
20131121_023317.jpg
Another page confirming above price of Battlefield 4, and Call of Duty: Ghosts.
20131121_023343.jpg
Confirming Battlefield 4 price change available for PS3.
20131121_023411.jpg
Newly Listed:
PS4 - Just Dance 2014 $49.99
20131121_023359.jpg
Original PS Vita: Walking Dead Bundle - $199.99 replaced with:
PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi - $179.99
20131121_023444.jpg

You're all very welcome by the way. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I literally just got home from GS, and as of 1:15 my store still had 10 PS4s in stock! They also had no line, and everything I was looking for on PS3 in stock and ready!

I went by the store at the mall, the line was about 100 yards long from the door to the end.

So, if you need a PS4 go see Greg in Barboursville, WV! He also had 12 or so Xbones.

I would have bought 2 to resell, but I hope someone that wants it gets the one I left.

My Gamestop was absolutely horrible. I got there around 12:30 just to see if they had Xenoblade, which they did. So I got in line, and while the line was intimidating it didn't seem long enough that I would spend forever waiting. I checked out at 2:20. I spent 1:50 waiting in the most abhorrently slow line I've ever experienced.

That much time might've been worth it for Xenoblade since it's so rare, but I question the sanity of people willing to wait that long just for B2G1 when the games were almost certainly going to be there in the afternoon. I bet Xenoblade would've been there in the afternoon but I wasn't up to taking chances.

My Gamestop was absolutely horrible. I got there around 12:30 just to see if they had Xenoblade, which they did. So I got in line, and while the line was intimidating it didn't seem long enough that I would spend forever waiting. I checked out at 2:20. I spent 1:50 waiting in the most abhorrently slow line I've ever experienced.

That much time might've been worth it for Xenoblade since it's so rare, but I question the sanity of people willing to wait that long just for B2G1 when the games were almost certainly going to be there in the afternoon. I bet Xenoblade would've been there in the afternoon but I wasn't up to taking chances.
it probably would still be there considering my gamestop had about 11 copies each of both xenoblade and metroid

People on CAG were laughing at people who would go in-store for these deals, while they, quote, "sat back and relaxed and got these deals." Well who's relaxed now? Went in and spent about 15 minutes in line and got 2 Kinects, (Amazon trade-in) Tales of Xillia LE, (so sexy, it should be called Tales of Sexyllia) (I should shut up now) a year of PS+, and ZombiU. Have no interest in ZombiU. I wanted NSLU, but they didn't have it, so I just got ZombiU free with the B2G1. I'll return it and the Kinects tomorrow and then buy back the Kinects with NSLU at a Gamestop that had it. The Kinects were ringing up wrong too. $40 for the non-AC adapter and $50 for the AC adapter one. What a pain.

Anyone order from GS.com and have issues? My order went through but didnt apply my Gift Card and it isnt showing up in my Order History.

I waited in the slowest line ever and Xillia had sold out before I got to the register. Ended up with just 3 PS+ cards.

The store still had PS4's and X1's in stock when I left as well around 2AM.

Has anybody try trading in a tablet to GS thus far today?
Stores weren't doing trade ins right now. At least here and since I'm in good with the guys at my local stores (as in manager always gives me like new) I didn't push the issue.

Just got back from GS and picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (They gave me the limited edition with the artbook) and got me another Tales of Xillia since I got rid of my other one.

I got the confirmation order for my PS+ code and I am still waiting for the actual code to be mailed. Anyone else getting a delay for the second email?

I waited in the slowest line ever and Xillia had sold out before I got to the register. Ended up with just 3 PS+ cards.

The store still had PS4's and X1's in stock when I left as well around 2AM.
My store say they handed out flyers around 8pm for all avail ps4/xbone.

Ugh I got a problem.  I bought a Wii and Xenoblade in store but they wouldn't let me get a third game.  They said because it was a system and a game it wouldn't work.  But it clearly says all pre-owned products.  No exclusions.  I was like I'll check to see if they let me do it on gamestop.com.  There was no Wii in stock for me to test this out but I check the banner

Has the systems, controllers and games lined up.  Ipads whatever Buy 2 get 1.    There won't be a manager in for a while I guess and customer support doesn't open for 2 hours and I'm tired.  I feel jipped.

Was visiting family in Nebraska and headed to their gamestop around 4 am. I was the only customer in the store lol. They still had the pre order limited edition of tales of Xillia so I got that for only $20 along with the GOTY of Skyrim. Great experience ! :)

Ugh I got a problem. I bought a Wii and Xenoblade in store but they wouldn't let me get a third game. They said because it was a system and a game it wouldn't work. But it clearly says all pre-owned products. No exclusions. I was like I'll check to see if they let me do it on gamestop.com. There was no Wii in stock for me to test this out but I check the banner

Has the systems, controllers and games lined up. Ipads whatever Buy 2 get 1. There won't be a manager in for a while I guess and customer support doesn't open for 2 hours and I'm tired. I feel jipped.
Wait, what? They wouldn't allow you to have them ring up a third game? They just said no? Burn them on the survery. They'll get in serious trouble for that.

Does gamestop ship games in good condition (coverart, manual) usually?  What are the odds that the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade I ordered will arrive and not look like they were once in the hands of a third grader?

Does gamestop ship games in good condition (coverart, manual) usually? What are the odds that the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade I ordered will arrive and not look like they were once in the hands of a third grader?
considering the strong possibility that these games were reprinted i'd say you're getting some like new games with working nintendo codes unless you're that unlucky to actually score a "used" copy

Same thing happen to me, but they gave me the override. Lucked out with 3 Xeno for $72.
Very lucky on your part - tried with a Xeno, MPT, and Pokemon Plat for the hell of it, and no go. Not a huge deal for me, since my backlog is pretty terrible. Ended up just walking out KH and Tales, which is what I really wanted and went to GS for in the first place.

Very lucky on your part - tried with a Xeno, MPT, and Pokemon Plat for the hell of it, and no go. Not a huge deal for me, since my backlog is pretty terrible. Ended up just walking out KH and Tales, which is what I really wanted and went to GS for in the first place.
Sounds like bullshit shenanigans on their part too.

considering the strong possibility that these games were reprinted i'd say you're getting some like new games with working nintendo codes unless you're that unlucky to actually score a "used" copy
lol I'm gonna be so sad if I actually get a used copy.

Got to Gamestop a few hours before they opened at midnight. Only wanted to grab Playstation Plus memberships and Tales of Xillia. Just about everyone else in line was trying to get a PS4 or Xbox One. They had quite a bit in stock from what I could tell. 

I got the confirmation order for my PS+ code and I am still waiting for the actual code to be mailed. Anyone else getting a delay for the second email?
I ordered last night at midnight and still have not gotten the code. Also in my order I used a $25 gift card and it does not even appear on the order receipt. Has anyone spoken to them about not receiving their code yet?

Wait, what? They wouldn't allow you to have them ring up a third game? They just said no? Burn them on the survery. They'll get in serious trouble for that.
Yea I am pretty pissed at this point. It is most definitely possible I made the same type of transaction (DS Lite instead of Wii) and as you can see it gives me a free Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Would it really hurt Gamestop to make Ghosts $39.99, jeez lol. Either way, good changes. Shame the ps vita isn't $150-160 like on ebay or Radioshack. Thanks OP!
They're getting the deals from Activision. It's all based on the how good of a price they get from the publisher.

I tried to get two games last night from Gamestop, since I have a $25 Gift Card I need to use. I placed the order and it did not take the gift card, even though I placed it in there.

i61u.png

You can see it there, but it still says the original total after hitting submit. I cancelled the order to try it again (took me two hours to get through to order last night, so I assumed it was just a mistake). Now, it won't let me reorder it, since I already "purchased" those games and they are limit 1 per customer. I sent an e-mail to their customer service, but I'm not holding my breath. This was the worst Gamestop.com experience I've had so far!

Yes, but it's probably for the same reason that in-store pickup is disabled at Bestbuy.com--employees might be too busy with customers to pull stuff.
Yeah, and that totaly makes sense. Just making sure it wasn't just me. Trying to decide if I feel like making my way up to a gamestop

People on CAG were laughing at people who would go in-store for these deals, while they, quote, "sat back and relaxed and got these deals." Well who's relaxed now? Went in and spent about 15 minutes in line and got 2 Kinects, (Amazon trade-in) Tales of Xillia LE, (so sexy, it should be called Tales of Sexyllia) (I should shut up now) a year of PS+, and ZombiU. Have no interest in ZombiU. I wanted NSLU, but they didn't have it, so I just got ZombiU free with the B2G1. I'll return it and the Kinects tomorrow and then buy back the Kinects with NSLU at a Gamestop that had it. The Kinects were ringing up wrong too. $40 for the non-AC adapter and $50 for the AC adapter one. What a pain.
This amused me quite a bit. :) I'll swing by 1 or 2 stores today while I'm out just to see if there is anything worth picking up.

I tried to get two games last night from Gamestop, since I have a $25 Gift Card I need to use. I placed the order and it did not take the gift card, even though I placed it in there.

i61u.png

You can see it there, but it still says the original total after hitting submit. I cancelled the order to try it again (took me two hours to get through to order last night, so I assumed it was just a mistake). Now, it won't let me reorder it, since I already "purchased" those games and they are limit 1 per customer. I sent an e-mail to their customer service, but I'm not holding my breath. This was the worst Gamestop.com experience I've had so far!
I have the same identical problem, waiting on hold with CS.

Answers on Gift Card issue. They are showing up inside payment method. Most orders didnt process till early this am, if you recheck you GC balance it should be zero by now (which mine is). Also, check your pre-auth on the CC used for remainder of balance and that should be correct. He doesnt know why it doesnt show on order history details, but everything is there. We have to put on faith with GS, that if real hard.

Btw, 43 minutes on hold before them picking up.

Okay so I went to Gamestop to get a 1 year PSN card and I had a $5 off any one gamestop item coupon (the PowerUp Rewards one) and tried to use it on the 1 year but they couldn't do it "because it was on sale" (and they asked the manager)?

Is this normal or just BS?  I swear I've used them on games/items that were discounted before...

Okay so I went to Gamestop to get a 1 year PSN card and I had a $5 off any one gamestop item coupon (the PowerUp Rewards one) and tried to use it on the 1 year but they couldn't do it "because it was on sale" (and they asked the manager)?

Is this normal or just BS? I swear I've used them on games/items that were discounted before...
It should have worked.

Gamestop customer is the worst. Been on hold for long than an hour and still nothing. Although, they replied to my email saying they can't cancel my order since it's been ready to ship which I don't believe, but whatever. I'll be returning it to a store once I get it. Never again will I order from their website.

Is this normal or just BS? I swear I've used them on games/items that were discounted before...
I had the same problem when I tried to use a $10 off coupon and was told the exact same thing; the manager even quoted the fact that it said "Cannot be combined with any other offer". I also could have sworn I've used them on discounted games in the past.

It should have worked.
Really? I bought 2 PSN+ cards, Battlefield 4 ( :360:), and Killzone Mercenary at about 2:30am EST, and the $10 coupon didn't work at all. Even worse, after the employee tried the coupon and it didn't work, he forgot to remove it from the transaction and as a result, my receipt shows that it was applied to BF4 before its discount to $24.99, so my coupon was wasted (it's not in my PUR account anymore). :wall: :bomb:

I'm going to try to explain the situation at a different GS, hopefully to an employee that knows me, but I don't know what they can do beyond manually deducting $10 from another purchase I make.

I've used dollar off coupons on sale stuff in the past but with the POS update maybe they nixed it or maybe it's just how the BF stuff is set up.

bread's done
Back