Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else get a text from GS saying you get $5 Rewards Cash for preordering DBZ FighterZ?

Cause I'm wondering if you get the $5 also for preordering other games.

I see no trace of this promo on their website, app, or weekly ad.

All the dlc is on disc except for Not A Hero.
Are the dlc on the disc? Or are they codes? I’m also waiting for 20.

Edit: based on being trade values for gold /regular, I am guessing dlc on disc. I hope
It's Asura's Wrath-like Capcom garbage again -- Not a Hero is effectively part of the ending to RE7 so it's a necessary part for the story.

Capcom and others that do this might say it's because the DLC wasn't ready but it's really because they want to snub used game retailers. The more important parts are DLC-only, the less and less likely people will buy these at Gamestop.

It's Asura's Wrath-like Capcom garbage again -- Not a Hero is effectively part of the ending to RE7 so it's a necessary part for the story.

Capcom and others that do this might say it's because the DLC wasn't ready but it's really because they want to snub used game retailers. The more important parts are DLC-only, the less and less likely people will buy these at Gamestop.
Isn’t not a hero dlc free?

Anyone else get a text from GS saying you get $5 Rewards Cash for preordering DBZ FighterZ?

Cause I'm wondering if you get the $5 also for preordering other games.

I see no trace of this promo on their website, app, or weekly ad.
I got one yesterday saying if you pre-ordered by 1/25 and picked up by 2/4 you got 3x the rewards points.

The text verbatim:

"GameStop PowerUp Rewards: Dragon Ball FighterZ will be available this Friday! Score $5 Rewards Cash when you pre-order by 1/25 & pick up by 2/4."

Isn’t not a hero dlc free?
It sure is. Nice insane rant, Romeo.

$5 credit promo for DBZ fighter? Meh just swap your credit for Amazon gift cards and get the 20% off pre-order deal on there instead.

FYI, the buy 4 $4.99 or less games for $10 is still going on. They extended it till 2/11/18. 

Has GS posted a Free Shipping option yet for online orders? 

Dig that "New" in thread title OP, nice sucker punch right there, lol. Guess they still have a lot of $5 and under games they want to get rid of with the 4/$10 sale being extended.

Gotta sell those original Destiny discs somehow...
No kidding, trying to unload that and old sports games is going to be a chore. I've gotten picky about what PS3 and 360 games I want to buy and add to my backlog. Most of them I can find cheaper at local game and pawn shops anyway.

Two stores both said they know nothing of a 4 for 20 or 4 for 40 coming up as stated earlier.  One nearby had a 6 for 60% trade in bonus like before but the guy working there said he didn't know anything about it so could be old.  Can confirm prestige day on 27th though, pretty much standard fare...b2g1 all used items, b2g1 pop figures, a whopping 10% extra on trade ins...

Two stores both said they know nothing of a 4 for 20 or 4 for 40 coming up as stated earlier. One nearby had a 6 for 60% trade in bonus like before but the guy working there said he didn't know anything about it so could be old. Can confirm prestige day on 27th though, pretty much standard fare...b2g1 all used items, b2g1 pop figures, a whopping 10% extra on trade ins...
Don't expect or assume stores to know what is going on with pretty much anything, just let the register do the work/math. For the Q4 $4.99 games for $10 deal, my store thought it ended until I said to just ring it up and watch the register do it's magic.

So....wonder if there will be a stealth bump tomorrow? Looking forward to Prestige day on Saturday. Hopefully some decent deal and perhaps a B2G1.

I'm hoping they have a bonus game with an Xbox One X soon. I have enough credit to buy it now, but trying to be patient.

I found the in-store signage on the 40% (elite), 30% (pro), or 20% (non members) bonus credit towards trade ins on Dragon Ball Fighterz, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Monster Hunter World, and Shadow of the Colossus.

[attachment=29350:IMAG0092.jpg]

It was weird though because I tried to pre-order and get bonus credit today, and it wouldn't let me pre-order. I guess because the release was imminent? Anyone else ever have that sort of problem before?

Oh god better stock up on switch games to return rebuy with the b2g1 tomorrow. I think there might be 3 I can find in the entire district. 😭

It sure is. Nice insane rant, Romeo.
Well, you missed the point entirely. I'm well aware it's free -- I guess no one is bothered by the fact that this kind of split "GOTY" edition is how publishers are incentivizing you to sign up and continue to get accustomed to the idea of never actually owning your games.

It's the sad future of games -- and well, all media. It's not a rant; these companies are slowly acclimating you to a new digital world where all you own are licenses.

Too bad so few care about it. I miss the days when re-releases actually were complete ones on-disc. Games like Mortal Kombat XL and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Ed. are now the exception rather than the rule.

Will never buy digital games -- and will be done with this industry when it goes that way.

Well, you missed the point entirely. I'm well aware it's free -- I guess no one is bothered by the fact that this kind of split "GOTY" edition is how publishers are incentivizing you to sign up and continue to get accustomed to the idea of never actually owning your games.

It's the sad future of games -- and well, all media. It's not a rant; these companies are slowly acclimating you to a new digital world where all you own are licenses.

Too bad so few care about it. I miss the days when re-releases actually were complete ones on-disc. Games like Mortal Kombat XL and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Ed. are now the exception rather than the rule.

Will never buy digital games -- and will be done with this industry when it goes that way.
What about excellent or wildly popular digital-only games? Like Cuphead, or PUBG, or Thumper, or Shovel Knight (on :xb1: anyway), or any Steam game, or any other of 1000 examples?

What about excellent or wildly popular digital-only games? Like Cuphead, or PUBG, or Thumper, or Shovel Knight (on :xb1: anyway), or any Steam game, or any other of 1000 examples?
I agree with what he says in regards to CONSOLE games. Digital games on PC is fine though, mainly because they tend to have steeper discounts than console games, though I personally only ever buy PC games if they're in a humble bundle. If I REALLY want a particular game, I'll pay $10 absolute tops (generally it has to be a goty or have added content like elder scrolls or fallout; otherwise I'll pay maybe $5-$6 for the game).

I guess I'm not understanding you. I'm not suggesting in any way that other people not buy digital games. I undertstand the appeal of having digital games/movies, and it's clear that's the future of game sales. Xbox's Game Pass is only the beginning, and as the fine folks on Unlocked and Gamescoop have been talking about, more and more consumers are being trained by publishers to accept digital licenses vs. owning the actual game.

It's what publishers have always wanted - digital games -- and soon subscription-based games will all but ensure the death of pre-owned game sales (i.e. Gamestop), and soon thereafter -- retail game releases will go the way of music CDs in stores - a single isle in the entertainment section.

Again, I'm not denying it. For me, it's a sales method I will not support, no matter how great the game might be. I'll stick with physical. And then when those go away, I'll be done with buying games.

I will add that I agree with the sentiments of Sam, Justin, and Marty who on their respective podcasts have talked about how the growing adoption of subscription-based gaming will seriously threaten how consumers value video games, and that it may make AAA games harder and harder to finance successfully. If gamers can subscribe to digital games for $10/month, the value proposition of $60 games, online or retail, will be in jeopardy. It's concerning, to say the least.

Anyways, when games go digitial, may be then I can finally make a dent in my backlog ... er, collection :)

I guess I'm not understanding you. I'm not suggesting in any way that other people not buy digital games.
I know you're not suggesting that, you don't seem to be the type that likes to speak for other people. I'm just saying you're maybe doing yourself a disservice by not trying out digital-only games.

Unless you do, in which case never mind. :D

Am I missing something? Where is the psvr $200?
Have you missed the Christmas sale? The GT Sports Bundle was $200 for almost the whole December, got mine for $180 from Walmart (and returned the Skyrim VR Bundle from Thanksgiving sale)

I too prefer physical. It allows me to beat a game and sell it or let others borrow it like my 7 yr old son borrowing Mario Kart or Mario Land. What bothers me most about the digital era are season passes. I may be wrong on this but I just think that content that is trickled out should have just been included in the game. I feel that the games pushed out aren't 100% complete when that is the case. What I do like is when GOTY or Complete editions are being sold because everything is (or should be) on the disc. That is the best bang for buck. That being said, I am wondering if Mario Rabbids will ever have a complete or "definitive" edition with all the content on the cartridge. Same goes for Zelda BotW

A promotional email went out earlier today, but it doesn't mention anything about how much my games are worth so I don't think there is an SB this weekend.  Anyone care to comment otherwise?

Also, the email mentions $20 off any pre-owned 3DS system, and the Blast from the Past bundles are part of the sale, but they aren't discounted $20 for some reason.

COD WWII can no longer be purchased used? No online option, no stores in San Diego county have any copies right before a b2g1 sale? Sounds like GS is starting to understand the concept of boomerang.

Forgive me, a newbie here... Is there an easy and reliable way to search for Prestige stores?
You should be able to search maps.google.com for "Gamestop Prestige" for a listing. Not all prestige stores are labelled on Google maps, but a lot are.

Two stores both said they know nothing of a 4 for 20 or 4 for 40 coming up as stated earlier. One nearby had a 6 for 60% trade in bonus like before but the guy working there said he didn't know anything about it so could be old. Can confirm prestige day on 27th though, pretty much standard fare...b2g1 all used items, b2g1 pop figures, a whopping 10% extra on trade ins...
Do we know if the 6 for 60% thing is the old af trade promo or is that a new thing?

Anyone know the details on their "up to $350" trade in offer towards a new PS4 Pro that just launched today? It says:

Get up to $350 Credit when you trade your Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Nintendo Switch System toward any new PlayStation 4 Pro
It says it can't be combined with other offers, so I would think it should be better than the $50 extra promo that's been running since 1/1/18.

The max base trade in credit you can get for any console looks to be from an xbox one x at $280.00, so I'm wondering what qualifies for the $350.

EDIT:

Called and asked about the PS4 launch 500GB model and was told it's worth $200 for a new PS4 Pro. The $350 is only if you trade in an Xbox One X for a PS4 Pro.

Can you get points back for returning a product purchased with PUR certs?

It's either that or I figure out if I really want to get Skyrim/Doom/ARMS along with Splatoon 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back