Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you get points back for returning a product purchased with PUR certs?

It's either that or I figure out if I really want to get Skyrim/Doom/ARMS along with Splatoon 2.
Are you asking if you can get the points you used to buy the certs? No you can't, you'll only get the cash or credit amount you used to pay.

Can you get points back for returning a product purchased with PUR certs?

It's either that or I figure out if I really want to get Skyrim/Doom/ARMS along with Splatoon 2.
I was able to get my points back that I used to buy something I had to return by calling the support number.

Does anyone know if a reward certificate can be used to purchase a preowned game? And if so will the price be the Elite price or regular price? I know the preowned certificate you have to pay the non-Elite price.

Does anyone know if a reward certificate can be used to purchase a preowned game? And if so will the price be the Elite price or regular price? I know the preowned certificate you have to pay the non-Elite price.
There are certificates for pre-owned products. The Elite discount is taken off of whatever is not covered by such certificates.

There are certificates for pre-owned products. The Elite discount is taken off of whatever is not covered by such certificates.
I know that, was wondering if you could use the regular reward cert to buy the preowned to avoid the removal of the Elite discount using the preowned cert. Prob not but was wondering if anyone ever tried it.

Do we know if the 6 for 60% thing is the old af trade promo or is that a new thing?
That's what I'm wondering as well. If they only have the 40% bonus towards monster hunter promo running, I'm not seeing any amazing boomerangs. Just a few bucks here and there. Boomerangs may be a thing of the past...

I know that, was wondering if you could use the regular reward cert to buy the preowned to avoid the removal of the Elite discount using the preowned cert. Prob not but was wondering if anyone ever tried it.
Your question wasn't clear before, sorry. I wouldn't think they would behave any differently than the pre-owned certs, other than costing more points to use.

The Elite discount is not removed when using any cert. I don’t know where you got that information.

Say you have a preowned game that is 19.99 normal and 15.99 with Elite.

No matter what cert you use it’s going to take off the amount from the 19.99 price and then apply the Elite discount to the remaining amount. So, it’s always best to use a preowned cert for preowned games, since you use less points that way.

The Elite discount is not removed when using any cert. I don’t know where you got that information.

Say you have a preowned game that is 19.99 normal and 15.99 with Elite.

No matter what cert you use it’s going to take off the amount from the 19.99 price and then apply the Elite discount to the remaining amount. So, it’s always best to use a preowned cert for preowned games, since you use less points that way.
Ok that makes sense. Thanks for chiming in ,CB.

Anyone know the details on their "up to $350" trade in offer towards a new PS4 Pro that just launched today? It says:

It says it can't be combined with other offers, so I would think it should be better than the $50 extra promo that's been running since 1/1/18.

The max base trade in credit you can get for any console looks to be from an xbox one x at $280.00, so I'm wondering what qualifies for the $350.

EDIT:

Called and asked about the PS4 launch 500GB model and was told it's worth $200 for a new PS4 Pro. The $350 is only if you trade in an Xbox One X for a PS4 Pro.
Or Switch was what I was told. A 1TB Slim also trades in for $200 towards the Pro.

Praise be to stockbot for giveth me my Zelda Wii U. Hopefully that's not a violation of Rule #1.
You bought a single copy that came in stock and paid $5.99 for shipping for a $5-$7.00 profit? and you're rambling about It here? Were you sitting on the edge of your chair after you created yourcag name patiently waiting a week or so for the day youd get pass the cag posting block and share with the community this amazing "flip"? Possibly you kept spying and added tide pods to get free shipping and take further part in time consuming stupidity by partaking inthe tide challenge? The jig is up. Greateth jobeth!

That's what I'm wondering as well. If they only have the 40% bonus towards monster hunter promo running, I'm not seeing any amazing boomerangs. Just a few bucks here and there. Boomerangs may be a thing of the past...
A couple of stores said there is a 10 percent bonus on any offers. If you have Elite Pro there should be a few options available pending a bump.

Moles for what?
assumedly gamestop wants to see exactly what seems abusable or lucrative

so they look at the source. exploits in the past were making the rounds here before slickdeals.

thats one reason why its not a good idea to post

"so i just realized that with XXXXX and my XXXXXX that you can get XXXXX from XXX and trade it into XXXXXXXX for *more money*!!!!!!!"

assumedly gamestop wants to see exactly what seems abusable or lucrative

so they look at the source. exploits in the past were making the rounds here before slickdeals.

thats one reason why its not a good idea to post

"so i just realized that with XXXXX and my XXXXXX that you can get XXXXX from XXX and trade it into XXXXXXXX for *more money*!!!!!!!"
Ah. Makes sense.

Anyone know the details on their "up to $350" trade in offer towards a new PS4 Pro that just launched today? It says:
It says it can't be combined with other offers, so I would think it should be better than the $50 extra promo that's been running since 1/1/18.
The max base trade in credit you can get for any console looks to be from an xbox one x at $280.00, so I'm wondering what qualifies for the $350.

EDIT:
Called and asked about the PS4 launch 500GB model and was told it's worth $200 for a new PS4 Pro. The $350 is only if you trade in an Xbox One X for a PS4 Pro.
So their "deal" is $350 towards a PS4 Pro if you trade the PS4 Pro you already have or you trade the only console more powerful than a PS4 Pro?

Do the trade in values on gamestop.com for consoles already include the $50 bonus?

I'm seeing $130 for PS4 Slim 500gb black on the site. If that actually means $180 after bonus thats fantastic and I'll want to trade in my PS4 Slim for that, but for $130 I won't.

Do the trade in values on gamestop.com for consoles already include the $50 bonus?

I'm seeing $130 for PS4 Slim 500gb black on the site. If that actually means $180 after bonus thats fantastic and I'll want to trade in my PS4 Slim for that, but for $130 I won't.
I don't believe so. I know when they did the 6 for 60% and similar deals, they don't automatically show the full trade-in amount after bonuses, only the base and pro/elite bonuses.

Sort of a n00b question here since I don't deal with GS regularly.  I have the B2G1 free coupon for signing up for Pro account.  I also have $25 in rewards from various transactions the past few months that i would also like to use.  Can I use the B2G1 coupon and the rewards on the same transaction?  From the fine print of the coupon, it wouldn't seem to restrict doing this. 

Was looking to buy 2 games and a controller (since coupon is for any used product) and this would make it a very good deal if they stacked.  

23gk36.jpg

Sort of a n00b question here since I don't deal with GS regularly. I have the B2G1 free coupon for signing up for Pro account. I also have $25 in rewards from various transactions the past few months that i would also like to use. Can I use the B2G1 coupon and the rewards on the same transaction? From the fine print of the coupon, it wouldn't seem to restrict doing this.

Was looking to buy 2 games and a controller (since coupon is for any used product) and this would make it a very good deal if they stacked.
You can use both. If you want to waste your rewards certificates.

The $25 rewards certificate will take $25 off of an item. This will now be the lowest priced item. You will get the lowest priced item free thanks to your B2G1.

The $25 rewards certificate will take $25 off of an item. This will now be the lowest priced item. You will get the lowest priced item free thanks to your B2G1.
Ah interesting. I assumed they would do the B2G1 coupon first, then apply the $25 reward. I see that is not the case, so it definitely is a waste to use it. Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

That is absolutely fucking stupid. What the hell is the point?

If stores had the monster hunter pro in stock and they really were giving $350 for a pro trade in I would do that trade, but unfortunately it’s OOS online and no stores have it

If stores had the monster hunter pro in stock and they really were giving $350 for a pro trade in I would do that trade, but unfortunately it’s OOS online and no stores have it
I think it’s 350 for an x1x

Not pro....

Anyone can confirm? I wouldn’t mind paying 50 extra and picking up the Star Wars PS4 pro

A person a few pages back said Pro and X1X, and I quoted that post somewhat recently. I guess you are proving my post wrong. :)
I just called and dude had no idea- he was like is that an online deal? I was like how can I trade online? He was like oh ok it’s in store, give me a second while I check for you... dial tone!

Lol

Sort of a n00b question here since I don't deal with GS regularly. I have the B2G1 free coupon for signing up for Pro account. I also have $25 in rewards from various transactions the past few months that i would also like to use. Can I use the B2G1 coupon and the rewards on the same transaction? From the fine print of the coupon, it wouldn't seem to restrict doing this.

Just to clarify the responses you've gotten, it's not a waste if any item you want is cheaper than another. If you had two items you wanted for $30 and one item for $55, you could use the $25 coupon to make the $55 item also be $30 and pay $60 (two $30 items, one free). Although it's not as good a deal, you could also do it if only one item is cheaper: 2x 55, 1 x 30, use a coupon to bring one of the $55 ones down to 30, so you pay 85 (one 55, one 30, one free). So there are some ways to use this to your advantage if you want a cheaper item and don't want to "force" yourself to pay $110 for three $55 items.

Yes, it is a complete waste on three similar priced items. Certificate is applied first, then they B2G1, thus effectively making the cert apply to the free item and wasting the cert. Also, don't forget certs are applied before Pro or Elite discount as well. Which nerfs the cert's actual value by 10% or 20%, respectively.

However, if you want one game/item that is more expensive then the other two, then it can be helpful.

i.e. You want a $45 game and two $20 games and have a $25 cert. The cert will apply to the $45 game thus costing you $20+$20+free $20 game instead of $45+$20+free $20 game (less your Pro or Elite discount as well).

Anyone know how much I can get to trade a Switch in towards the PS4 Pro?  I will post here myself if I can get a definitive answer from a competent GS employee. 

All 3 items I wanted were similar prices (Mario Odyssey, zelda:botw and pro controller), so it didn't make sense to waste the credit. Appreciate all the help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back