Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks you can't use B2G1 coupon on online orders.

People were telling me to buy 3 games online, return them to gamestop and rebuy with B2G1 coupon. Just feels like too much trouble.

The games i want are not in stock USED for 50 miles, so won't be able to buy them together.

Also how long does it take to renew my PUR?
It really isn't that much trouble, especially if you have a decent employee helping you.

yeah the B2G1 coupon isn't much of a pain if you can find what you want at a few close stores.  i bought 2 at one store, and the 3rd item i had to drive about 15 miles for.  but the guy did the transaction super quick and was no issues.  

yeah the B2G1 coupon isn't much of a pain if you can find what you want at a few close stores. i bought 2 at one store, and the 3rd item i had to drive about 15 miles for. but the guy did the transaction super quick and was no issues.
My issue, no stores have them in stock. Have to wait a week for delivery, then return/rebuy.

Likely just going to go around gamestops, trying to find something to buy.

Any good prices right now for ps4 games at gamestop? Gravity rush 2 looks expensive at $38

Sucks you can't use B2G1 coupon on online orders.

People were telling me to buy 3 games online, return them to gamestop and rebuy with B2G1 coupon. Just feels like too much trouble.

The games i want are not in stock USED for 50 miles, so won't be able to buy them together.

Also how long does it take to renew my PUR?
Call the store ahead of time and explain what you want to do. Some games are simply rarely nearby used (e.g., MK8 Switch).

Gotta say star fox ain’t that bad. I was expecting some awful broken game by the way I’ve heard some talk about it.

It’s definitely worth 2 bucks at least lol.

2/11 is the last day for trade in promo "extra $50 for X1, PS4, and Switch". And 2/11 is the beginning of "extra 25% for any system" trade in promo. Let's hope they stack.

2/11 is the last day for trade in promo "extra $50 for X1, PS4, and Switch". And 2/11 is the beginning of "extra 25% for any system" trade in promo. Let's hope they stack.
I'm pretty sure they won't stack, but I'll find out tomorrow. I've been holding on to a 1TB :xb1: waiting for the value to go back up to $100 from the current crappy $80, but time is up.

Today I traded in my launch ps4 for a battlefront II edition pro. It was the same price as the black or white pros, so why not?

I'll be selling off the battlefront game though, so any interested parties, PM me. I haven't listed it yet but I will shortly. It's the deluxe edition, unopend.

I just started shadow of the colossus on it after installing my 2tb hdd. Looks amazing on the pro.

How would that stack if it were to work? $50+TIV*1.25? On one hand that would only result in $275 for the PS4 Pro, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. On the other hand, that would net the same TIV for the switch, which makes it less likely. Also $400 TIV for the X1X. So maybe... I would think it depends on how badly they're hurting for used consoles.

Anybody know if they are bringing in any trade bonuses for preorders anytime soon? This last one was for games that were already out...ugh. Wanted to unload a few games before they dropped in price.

How would that stack if it were to work? $50+TIV*1.25? On one hand that would only result in $275 for the PS4 Pro, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. On the other hand, that would net the same TIV for the switch, which makes it less likely. Also $400 TIV for the X1X. So maybe... I would think it depends on how badly they're hurting for used consoles.
Doesn't matter. He's wrong anyways. The extra $50 ends today. The extra 25% is tomorrow.

Probably a dumb question, but is there ever an issue with returning a New game purchased using just-earned credit a few days later (unopened of course)?

Case in point: I just traded in a handful of games for Shadow of the Colossus (30% extra with the Pro card), and ended up with about $30 left over on a gift card they gave me for some reason (vs just putting on my PUR card). Now, I'm having buyer's remorse about picking it up at full price instead of waiting for a drop. So if I go to return it (with receipt), they'll just give me the full amount back in credit, right? No shady "you only get back the base trade-in value" shit? I have a good rapport with the manager, should I maybe only do it when she's working?

... I would think it depends on how badly they're hurting for used consoles.
Based on the stacks and stacks of used consoles at my local gamestop, I don't think they're hurting. And judging by the prices they are trying to sell these used Nintendo Switch consoles at, they won't be hurting for stock any time soon.

Watch out if case says “not for resale” sometimes causes issues for trade in
I saw that one of the sw bf I was trading in at bb had the not for resale as the guy was scanning the game for trade in. Thankfully he just manually input the game and gave me the gc. I was trading 3 copies of the game at the time. Depends on who you get at the counter I guess

Just traded my OG ps4 500gb for a Pro SW BF II. Got $200.
That trade in deal is sweet and a good way to upgrade to the hdr systems. I think this is in response to video cards being so expensive. People will be looking for a filler.

I even nabbed a star fox wii u new for 4.75

Based on the stacks and stacks of used consoles at my local gamestop, I don't think they're hurting. And judging by the prices they are trying to sell these used Nintendo Switch consoles at, they won't be hurting for stock any time soon.
The store I shop at has nothing but used PS3's & 360's since Christmas, & now has no new XB1's except for X's.

THey must be drowning in new 3ds xls for the TIV to be that low for that long.

Local indie game stores are taking better note of these things now, and are also low balling.

Yeah I was just responding to that person who said the promos didn't stack but it looks like it does. I have an OG PS4 myself so will head to store later.
They gave me 170 120 + 50 for my launch 500 ps4 I didn't know about the double up but hell that was way more than I expected to get. I was able to recoup something LOL

I knew something was off.

The 2/11 date in the email is a typo
That's weird...the current trade in value for the OG PS4 is $120. 25% + $50 would be $200. Am I missing something? Can someone upload a receipt?
The promo for PS4 TiV being $200 is in the weekly ad. It notes that the promo ends 02/11 (today).

They gave me 170 120 + 50 for my launch 500 ps4 I didn't know about the double up but hell that was way more than I expected to get. I was able to recoup something LOL
You need to ring up the PS4 Pro on the same transaction as the PS4 trade-in in order to activate the $200 TiV.

Gota ps4 pro white after trading in my old one. Thanks op. The battlefront one is so fucking ugly
I fully agree, but I ended up getting the Battlefront 2 LE anyway for the free game. At the very least, you can recoup $33 from trading in the game + more if you sell the Deluxe Edition code. I wish they sold the MH World edition in stores, as I totally would've gotten that one.

The promo for PS4 TiV being $200 is in the weekly ad. It notes that the promo ends 02/11 (today).

You need to ring up the PS4 Pro on the same transaction as the PS4 trade-in in order to activate the $200 TiV.

I fully agree, but I ended up getting the Battlefront 2 LE anyway for the free game. At the very least, you can recoup $33 from trading in the game + more if you sell the Deluxe Edition code. I wish they sold the MH World edition in stores, as I totally would've gotten that one.
Yeah, I almost got the battlefront one to save some money , but the main reason was the fact the top of that one is piano black, so scratches easily. I am gonna put the psvr unit on top of my ps4 pro, and that wound ruin the top of the black one.

I did the same, but how would you get $33 for trading in the game? Online it shows $15.60 tiv for elite pro. Genuinely curious as I have no interest in the game at all.

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but new copies of Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival with the amiibos are $4.99. I got two copies of Star Fox, Zombie U, and Amiibo Festival for $8. Even though the game is trash, $2 is worth it for the amiibos if you are an Animal Crossing fan.

So, there's a Pro Day Sale incoming. https://www.gamestop.com/collection/proday

Saw the banner in the top right corner on the main page.

mnav_ProDay_Banner_Feb1812.jpg

I don't think anyone mentioned it, but new copies of Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival with the amiibos are $4.99. I got two copies of Star Fox, Zombie U, and Amiibo Festival for $8. Even though the game is trash, $2 is worth it for the amiibos if you are an Animal Crossing fan.
SF0 - what a debacle of a game. Ironically, it's the utter failure of the Wii U which may be the only reason there is any hope left that the Star Fox franchise could return. Otherwise, Miyamoto's unfortunate stubbornness to force down gamers' throats a control scheme every preview suggested was NOT working might have just put the franchise on ice for a long, long time.

At least we have SF-64 (btw, note SF0 is almost a carbon copy of that far superior N64 game -- just worse in almost every way imaginable - it just makes the whole SF0 experience that much more painful -- it's like playing a LESSER version of a game you know played better 10+ yrs. ago).

Honestly, even SF-Adventures and Namco's SF-Assault did a better job with the characters/gameplay. And yes, I'm well aware SF-Adventures was never meant to be a SF game - the intermittent flight sequences in that game out-do the junk in SF0.

Y’all seeing they’re calling this “Trade Week”? 50% bonus on games without needing a ore order, 25% on consoles, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back