Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you join elite pro, are you supposed to get a paper coupon or something for the b2g1 welcome gift? I signed up the other day in-store but I just realized about that while looking at the information, and I don't see anything that looks like a coupon like I'm used to.
If it takes more than a couple days. Call their support number. I don't have elite but on my last pur renewal, I didn't get my b2g1 coupon. I finally got it from support and just tell them the code at the register.

Does gamestop have a 7 day return policy on used consoles just like with games? I'm going to upgrade my S to the X today but want to wait and make sure there are no pro day deals on it next weekend. My xbox is my entire entertainment center so I can't exactly go without it for a week either(I mean I can but fuck that). I'm just wondering if I could pick up a used xbox one x and exchange it for a new one within 7 days after I've had some time to check out what deals are coming up.

Dumb question I know but every ps4 is worth $200 bucks because it is guaranteed ? Conditional as well?

GameStop doesn’t like resellers either. Anyone been banned for purchase of multiple copies?

Should I flip my Wii U and games at GameStop with the 25% deal? They’re just gathering dust and I’m pretty sure this might be the last time I will get $150 for my OG X1. Want to upgrade to an X and if I can get my credit up to $500 I can skip out on tax in this state (no tax on trade in credit used).

Is it worth the hassle to eBay? The Wii U looks like it’s $75 and most games are $13-ish before bump.

how do they go about this? this seems like something relatively normal. ive done it several times
I did buy 4 once and then someone in the old thread let me know I could get banned. I returned 1 copy & no ban occurred.

I think it's done by an automated computer process from what info I can garner. The computer looks at the sum total of purchases per sku. So in my case I was okay because +4 -1 nets 3. Not sure if it's looking at a rolling one year or a calendar year.

So if you got 1 on black Friday and 2 around Christmas you'd be okay to buy 3 more around Presidents Day because they fall on different calendar years? Maybe. I'm not sure.

Essentially I don't want to risk a 1 year ban to make $40. I should just work some overtime instead.

I did buy 4 once and then someone in the old thread let me know I could get banned. I returned 1 copy & no ban occurred.

I think it's done by an automated computer process from what info I can garner. The computer looks at the sum total of purchases per sku. So in my case I was okay because +4 -1 nets 3. Not sure if it's looking at a rolling one year or a calendar year.

So if you got 1 on black Friday and 2 around Christmas you'd be okay to buy 3 more around Presidents Day because they fall on different calendar years? Maybe. I'm not sure.

Essentially I don't want to risk a 1 year ban to make $40. I should just work some overtime instead.
Agreed. I was buying pre-owned copies of Rage :360: three at a time, hoping I would get one with the original artwork, and returning them when they didn't have it. I bought a dozen that way and haven't had any problems since.

This may sound batshit insane, but I’m tempted to get $250 for my Switch just to immediately buy a new one. I have slight “dock style” scratches that are killing the OCD in me, but otherwise aren’t noticeable.

Shame about savegames though...

This may sound batshit insane, but I’m tempted to get $250 for my Switch just to immediately buy a new one. I have slight “dock style” scratches that are killing the OCD in me, but otherwise aren’t noticeable.

Do it, it is only $50 upgrade. You might even wait a bit and get a special edition

Just to clarify, if I pay my Xbox one x with just trade in credit , I don't pay any taxes on that ? Really ?

They are selling used for 279.99 so not big profits on GameStop’s end after the trade.

Seems like it would be better to just buy a dock wouldn’t it?

Gamestops site is fucked up at the moment. Showing 4 for $10 games as 4 for $6. Can't seem to check out though. I clicked "Submit" on the order page once, but it didn't do anything, and I didn't feel like chancing getting 2 or more orders placed by clicking it repeatedly.

Is it worth the hassle to eBay? The Wii U looks like it’s $75 and most games are $13-ish before bump.
It's typically not worth it for common items. Between eBay and PayPal fees you're loosing 14% off the top. You run the risk of dealing with scammers and having to fight to retain your money. If you want to start selling things regularly, buy a good scale and print your own shipping labels it can be profitable, with a level of risk and hassle.

Honestly it's simpler and you'll get more money to use FB marketplace or something similar to sell person to person, or take the hit on value and trade in.

Flipped some Redbox games today it amazes me how 1 GS can deny my trades, but the GS 5 mins down the road will accept them no problem. Guy didn’t have a problem with the redbox sticker but said there were scratches on the top of the game that affected the data as he was holding it up to the light. Wouldn’t add a refurb fee just flat out denied 4/5 games.

Do it, it is only $50 upgrade. You might even wait a bit and get a special edition

Just to clarify, if I pay my Xbox one x with just trade in credit , I don't pay any taxes on that ? Really ?
Works in Texas (that’s where I am). I guess the thought being you paid the tax on the original items so you would be paying tax twice.

Varies state to state. CA, you have to pay sales tax.
Right. And that’s where I am. So the calculus is $50 + 9% sales tax + the loss of all my savegames. I think if it were 2 out of 3 I would go for it. But all 3, especially the saves, are kinda rough to swallow for OCD.

Does gamestop have a 7 day return policy on used consoles just like with games? I'm going to upgrade my S to the X today but want to wait and make sure there are no pro day deals on it next weekend. My xbox is my entire entertainment center so I can't exactly go without it for a week either(I mean I can but fuck that). I'm just wondering if I could pick up a used xbox one x and exchange it for a new one within 7 days after I've had some time to check out what deals are coming up.
You can definitely do that but it would be risky and very YMMV. Employees will be reluctant to take the hit to their pre-owned sales percentage by returning an expensive used console for a new console.

Right. And that’s where I am. So the calculus is $50 + 9% sales tax + the loss of all my savegames. I think if it were 2 out of 3 I would go for it. But all 3, especially the saves, are kinda rough to swallow for OCD.
If you’re worried about $4.50, maybe don’t do it! ;)

If you're in CA it's $50 + $27 of tax. Tax will be calculated on a $300 base.

Flipped some Redbox games today it amazes me how 1 GS can deny my trades, but the GS 5 mins down the road will accept them no problem. Guy didn’t have a problem with the redbox sticker but said there were scratches on the top of the game that affected the data as he was holding it up to the light. Wouldn’t add a refurb fee just flat out denied 4/5 games.
That's new. I had a guy try to add refurb fees for all my games without a case. They just sorta do whatever tf they want.

Anyone know if the Birthday 20% off coupon is only good for one used game or entire transaction?
1 game

You can definitely do that but it would be risky and very YMMV. Employees will be reluctant to take the hit to their pre-owned sales percentage by returning an expensive used console for a new console.
It's not risky or ymmv to follow their own return policy. If you say you don't like the used one and want a new one instead they really have no reason to tell you no. They might be unhappy about the used to new loss but that's not really your fault. I say don't worry about it, they'll sell the used x1x no problem anyway.

Do they defect a scratched system even if they say they have a guaranteed trade in price? I want to trade in a ps4 for $200 but am worried it’s not actually guaranteed.

It's not risky or ymmv to follow their own return policy. If you say you don't like the used one and want a new one instead they really have no reason to tell you no. They might be unhappy about the used to new loss but that's not really your fault. I say don't worry about it, they'll sell the used x1x no problem anyway.
I agree but a GS employee could be annoying and make up "return policies" on the fly

It’s 9% on the whole transaction, so $27. Again, not the end of the world but a consideration.

God I wish I could backup my saves!!!!
I believe you can system transfer now, you’d have to try that in store tho. Maybe delete everything but the saves and find a patient employee, lol.

I think I’m gonna do it, btw. Just got permission from the wife to jettison the Wii U, lol.

If you're in CA it's $50 + $27 of tax. Tax will be calculated on a $300 base.
People that disagree with this need to post a receipt in California to prove it. Only way to reduce tax base is if you use membership/coupon discounts.

People that disagree with this need to post a receipt in California to prove it. Only way to reduce tax base is if you use membership/coupon discounts.
All you had to say is all purchases, even those made with trade credit, is taxed. People in other states don't know your tax situation.

Traded in 6 copies of BF2 to BB. Gamestop employees told me pro day is next Saturday.

BTW there is tax on games paid for in full by trade credit.

I agree but a GS employee could be annoying and make up "return policies" on the fly
Lol you're right about that. I've been told no returns on promotion days, oh and that coupons can't be used on preowned games (he said he just got an email from corporate about it). Lmao

Do I have a problem if my Xbox is the launch 500gb with Kinect? Seems like I can’t find that specific model on their trade-in calculator, nor do they take the Kinect anymore.
I just traded in 2 of the same systems and got $150 each. They didnt take the kinects though.

Also picked up Bayonetta 2 on Switch today and the manager said they can’t gut a copy and display it because Bayonetta code is printed on the inside of the box. So GameStop still sells 1 Brand New game.

3rd Haul

Dark Souls 3 - 15.00

Doom - 12.00

MLB 17 the Show - 13.50

Final Fantasy XV-12.00

Crazy thing was he put Twitch for my Doom copy and rang up 33.00, but I wanted to be honest and told him it was XB1, he was appreciative, tempting but couldn't do it.  Total would have been around $80+.  Cleaned out most of the RBs but there are a few more

I could pick through, might make one more run, get the last bit of credit I can, at around 180 so far. 

Traded in 6 copies of BF2 to BB. Gamestop employees told me pro day is next Saturday.

BTW there is tax on games paid for in full by trade credit.
Varies by state. No tax on store credit in Missouri. The OG version of this thread had a list of which states did and didn't charge tax on store credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back