Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
This may sound batshit insane, but I’m tempted to get $250 for my Switch just to immediately buy a new one. I have slight “dock style” scratches that are killing the OCD in me, but otherwise aren’t noticeable.

Shame about savegames though...
I'm going to take the risk and hope the Switch retains that TIV and wait to see if Nintendo releases a special edition system for Fire Emblem, especially since my system was a used purchase. I know about the system transfer, but I'm such a good customer I should be able to alieviate that and use the Cricket wi-fi next door to do the transfer.

The store I shop at constantly has people asking for used Switch's and when there aren't none they leave not b/c of the only $20 discount, but b/c the store doesn't have used Switches, even though they are drowning in new ones for $20 more.

My main store is also out of used XB1 and new XB1S (sitting on double digit XB1X's) until tomorrow's release of the PUBG bundle and have very few non-Pro PS4's new or used. Not many people in/around the STL suburb of Fenton with 4K TV's apparently.

I have absolutely no idea what free game I would pick to go with the x1x
I would say Forza Horizon 3 would be the best exclusive game, still $50 MSRP and had its 4K upgrade put out last month now that holiday's are over and they can stop pushing Forza 7 as much.

Otherwise just get some enhanced XB1X game like AC Origins or something.

Anyone want to trade a ps4 copy of Shadow of the Colossus for my ps2 copy?

My copy is disc only with a few scratches but yours will need to be CIB and mint for me to accept the trade.

Please tell me I’m just an idiot and missing the joke here.
Not sure about a joke, but I can add in Madden 10-14 to sweeten the deal. All of those games were $59.99+tax at launch.

They're also disc only with scratches though, but that's hundreds of dollars in games for just 1 ps4 game.

Not sure about a joke, but I can add in Madden 10-14 to sweeten the deal. All of those games were $59.99+tax at launch.

They're also disc only with scratches though, but that's hundreds of dollars in games for just 1 ps4 game.
you should add in a copy of Destiny and TitanFall. Also, maybe an NBA 2k3 or something along that line. that should do it

you should add in a copy of Destiny and TitanFall. Also, maybe an NBA 2k3 or something along that line. that should do it
I don't have any of those games. I'm not sure trading 9 games for 1 is worth it though.

Some of those older sports games have some value to them, due to the old rosters that aren't available anymore.

I know you're joking, but you would be surprised how many people actually think that way. I was at a garage sale last year that had a hand full of ps3 games. I asked this kid (looked like late teens) how much he wanted for them and he said "I paid $60 for each new". I said something along the lines of "I knew they were $60 retail 10 years ago but what are you looking for now?" He paused a moment, then came back with "... $80 each?" I looked at his mom, expecting her to chime in and tell her kid he's retarded but she was making this fase like "sounds reasonable to me" so I just walked away without saying another word.

A LOT of people with the "keep it nice and it will be worth something some day" mentality don't understand not everything appreciates in value

A friend gave me a code for Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered.  I thought the code was for the stand along version from the PSN store but when I try and play the game it says insert the Infinite Warfare disc.  Can I just purchase the regular version of Infinite Warfare from Gamestop or do I have to get the Legacy Edition in order to be able to play Remastered?  Thanks  

A friend gave me a code for Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered. I thought the code was for the stand along version from the PSN store but when I try and play the game it says insert the Infinite Warfare disc. Can I just purchase the regular version of Infinite Warfare from Gamestop or do I have to get the Legacy Edition in order to be able to play Remastered? Thanks
Regular version is fine

Values tanked except for the few games I didn't trade in yesterday (mafia 3, kiwami, overwatch, stardew) and VS Infinite was only a 50 cent loss.

Lucky me,

The only thing I'd have to return to BB is Sniper GW3.

Values tanked except for the few games I didn't trade in yesterday (mafia 3, kiwami, overwatch, stardew) and VS Infinite was only a 50 cent loss.

Lucky me,

The only thing I'd have to return to BB is Sniper GW3.
GW3 is still showing 13.50 base for me like it was all weekend...

How do you guys know what to buy or what to sell? Are you just manually using the app and website?

I'm trying to get into the game to flip for the switch but I'm currently looking manually for everything or calling the store for values and it takes forever.

How do you guys know what to buy or what to sell? Are you just manually using the app and website?

I'm trying to get into the game to flip for the switch but I'm currently looking manually for everything or calling the store for values and it takes forever.
The GameStop app mostly for me.

Unless you build a historical database there's really no good way to make a substantial estimation of future pricing. Other than that it's's look at the app/website and buy low sell high.

Trading gets really easy of you can do basic algebra applied to the real world, work with spreadsheets and databases. It's even easier if you can do web scraping.

You can also be a millionaire if you save $1 every day for 66 years into an account that earns ~10% intetest per year compounding.

i see the coupon, probably why the stores no nothing about it. im elite pro, probably just showing up in waves.

also, this is the weirdest fine print ive ever seen on a gamestop coupon

Offer valid 2/20/18 - 2/27/18. Valid In-store only. May not be combined with employee discount. May be combined with loyalty card discount. May be combined with other GameStop promotions. Coupon is required at time of purchase. No rain checks will be issued. No substitutions will be made. Prices subject to change. See sales associate for complete details. Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. GameStop coupon is required.

I guess that is because of the $50 gift card and free PUBG going on.

For those stores that have a few retro games in their 3DS/DS glass case, I was told by a manager that starting Wednesday all retro games had to be sent back to the warehouse and they couldn't put them out on the sales floor anymore. This bummed me out because I've found complete copies of Eternal Darkness ($27.99), Twilight Princess ($36.99), and Legend of Legaia ($19.99), all in good condition just to name a few.

Hopefully their system is just slow to add them to peoples accounts? That’s what I’m hoping, since I don’t see it either.
I was literally going to go buy the X at Noon today but the extra free game is crucial to the deal. I am a pro member but do not have a coupon!

if anybody has an extra coupon and is not buying the xbox one X, can you help a fellow CAG like myself? If I get one later, I will pay forward as well

This is what's in my app right now.
46cd7b0dbd7096b46a11f4103681b791.jpg

Well that's really disappointing, no coupon on my end and I'm Elite. PUBG and the GC would be pretty tempting still if it was online and I could use my 50 online cert I cashed out for the MonHun console and then wasn't able to actually get. :wall:

I ain’t got jack shit in my Active Offers except the Welcome offers from when I upgraded to Elite. Sighh. Hope they’re in there by when I get off at 6p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back