Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a simple Pro member that is hoping to trade in Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, and Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) today.  The Pro membership expires fairly soon.  Late March or early April, iirc.  Would it behoove me to upgrade/re-subscribe prior to trading these in, or would it not even be a wash?

Thanks!

So I went first thing this morning, got there when the store opened. Did not know about the scratch-off card so missed out on that but I did snag Dead Rising 4 FBP and Skyrim for PS4 for $20 each. Into the backlog they go.

You guys who are hitting up multiple stores for scratchoff coupons, what are you buying? I took a long around and didn't find anything I wanted to buy, so I just left. Maybe they would have given me one if I asked nicely, but I was under the impression that a purchase was required.
Fortunately a couple of the stores had a bunch of pre-owned Switch games to flip.

Moved $500+ GS->BB. Also got a scratch off, 50% bonus trade in. JD at GS said he believes it will stack w/ Elite bonus so essentially 70% bonus credit.

Thanks to those who share,have more credit to move, but done for the day! Now just need a B2G1 sale!

Moved $500+ GS->BB. Also got a scratch off, 50% bonus trade in. JD at GS said he believes it will stack w/ Elite bonus so essentially 70% bonus credit.

Thanks to those who shares, have more credit to move, but done for the day! Now just need a B2G1 sale!
Yup, confirmed at two GS's, that's 50% plus your pro/elite bonus, so 70% total.

Thanks all. I was able to move a TON BB->GS->BB thanks to my girlfriend being willing to help out. We maxed both GCU accounts with all of the available purchases, cleaned out a GS and then maxed out the available credit movers by trading back to BB. 

The two BB CS were racing each other to see who could finish first, since they knew we both had the same exact set of trades. 

I was also able to save around $250 worth of new cases for eBay  :whistle2:

Trade in bonus doesn't stack btw, it just does the 50% Bonus if you trade in more than 2.
Thanks for posting about this. Figures that GS wouldn't reward it's Pro/Elite members.... Although even if it was +60% today for Elite, you'd get less value now with 60% than earlier in week with just +50% because GS lowered base values.

How are people making so much profit when trading to bb? I only see Star Wars as a winner the rest are break even or less
I spent around 2 hours comparing purchase price (with tax free trade credit) and trade price plus GCU to find games that would net me at least a few pennies profit. My largest find was a $3.01 profit on BFII. I still got a ton of points and will spend that money at BB now and get even more certs there. This all should be considered when looking at profit.

I spent around 2 hours comparing purchase price (with tax free trade credit) and trade price plus GCU to find games that would net me at least a few pennies profit. My largest find was a $3.01 profit on BFII. I still got a ton of points and will spend that money at BB now and get even more certs there. This all should be considered when looking at profit.
I agree, I wish my state was tax free on trade credit

Good times back in Virginia

Spent my week hoarding Redbox games, and with a buy 2 get 1 coupon I had, I turned about $150 of games into $400 Gamestop trade credit... Got myself PSVR! And a ton of Funko Pop haha. Pretty happy with the outcome.

Reminds me of Flipageddon, when I got my Vita 😍

I got about 10 codes handed to me. 4 of them were 5,000 points and a ton of B2G1’s
Damn, they just gave you a ton of then or you went to 10 stores? The last 3 stores I visited today each gave me one, despite having a pretty large stack left (which I'm assuming they're hoarding for themselves and friends). 2 5000 points and 1 b2g1 were my draws. Not bad for free stuff. I hope this trend continues, I like the scratch offs. If every store knew what they were doing you could really wreck up some free stuff, especially if you can hit up different shifts.

Good times Destiny 2 X1 Madden 18 PS4 X1 Wolfenstein 2 and NBA Live 18 proved great movers. The boomerangs also helped soften the blow.

To anyone who knows what this means the punch store glitch is dead. You can no longer loop credit. Have to check if reload still works but if not bye bye credit loop.

I am debating should I get RE7 Gold for ps4 or xbox one. I have both pro and xbx and there is rumor of x patch coming.
There’s already an x patch isn’t there? It supports HDR anyway.

Also yeah I got the 10 scratch offs, I’m cool with the manager. I do a LOT of trades and give them the majority of my business.

Got a extra 50% if anyone also wants to trade a B2G1 might also get more later from my friend that works there.

Doesn't work do you redeem the codes on 3/5?

I get how the 50%, b2g1, etc. will work... But how are the points coupons going to work? They say it's valid for only like a week, but will you redeem it on the app and those x points only be valid during that time, or do you have a week or whatever to redeem it and then it's permanent?

What's up with the potential "tax sale" tomorrow? Anyone else hear anything about this? 

Store Manager at one of the stores mentioned it to me today. He said he had a flier but couldn't show it to me, they were instructed to put them out tomorrow morning.

It's possible it was all BS, but possible it's a legitimate sale also. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back