Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
The people who pay $60 every year (full price, of course) for a game that’s the same as the previous model with just a few tweaks and updates are the biggest suckers in gaming.
I dunno. Sometimes, I think the ones who buy game after game to add to a backlog with nary an intent to play it in any reasonable timeframe are the real suckers (I'm one of them). At least you know the folks who buy that one Madden or NBA 2K every year at full price are probably playing it a lot and enjoying it.

You know, what games were actually supposed to be about.

It used to go up alongside the Switch version, but nowadays it's a bit lower. I haven't seen it above 25 lately, but I have seen it lower. 25 is solid.
I traded it in and am going to trade in more Wii u stuff, but I can't help but be a bit hesitant and wondering if it will increase in value eventually. All the stuff I have is first party games, but only reason I can see it not increasing in value is cuz most the games are being ported over to switch. Bayonetta 2 w/ Bayonetta 1 already plummeted in value big time, so I'm guessing that will probably be the case for everything else.

What I can't understand is why does GS give the non-member value if you're Elite or Pro, I mean what da fuq?
It's one thing to give the % bump off the non-member amount but shouldn't I get the Elite amount added. Seriously, what's the GD point of buying Elite or Pro if you don't get said TIV of the paid level?

F'ing GameStop!

^ some of the $5 redbox games are going for around $12-13 credit with the bonus right now
PvZ2 is a $10 Redbox game but TIV after bonus at GS is $23.40, so it’s still around the same profit percentage. Easier to find than some of the $5 games too.

Quick question for the trade-in promotion for a switch game -- does this count for a switch download code? LIke if I wanted binding of issac downloadable or something? I know Gamestop has some cards with codes

Call of Duty and Madden are the best selling franchises around. It's a wild time to be alive. I may run for President at this point.
Pretty big difference between how much new and varied content you see in COD and Madden though. Hard to change the “maps” in Madden when they’re all 100-yard long football fields.

I got my first paper cutout instead of a game at Redbox this past weekend when picking up PvZ2. Thankfully it was easy enough to resolve by a five-minute call to their customer service.

For anyone that this has happened to before, were you asked to return the sleeve with the paper cutout?

I got my first paper cutout instead of a game at Redbox this past weekend when picking up PvZ2. Thankfully it was easy enough to resolve by a five-minute call to their customer service.

For anyone that this has happened to before, were you asked to return the sleeve with the paper cutout?
Yeah every time I've had it happen they ask me to return it. Last time was two weeks ago. I was getting agents of mayhem and it came out with just the barcode ring taped to the case. I tried the same machine again and got the same thing. Hopped on the phone and they took care of it. They made the game so people couldn't buy it to right on the phone since I got more than 1 fraud copy.

Yes. Every time. Including 3 this weekend. You return them so they can take them out of circulation.

Empty cases happen to me in the city near poor neighborhoods. Same kiosks all the time. Sometimes I buy knowing they're gonna be empty just to get the empty cases out of circulation. Clearly Redbox doesn't check them on a regular basis.

Still no points showing up. What is going on at Gamestop?
Same for me, waiting on 4 transactions to hit my account still since 3/1. I'm wondering if getting points added from the scratch-offs are messing up their system? It lines up perfectly for me, but maybe it's just a coincidence. I got 15,000 points added on 3/1 from submitting the scratch-off code on the same day as Pro Day. No other activity on my account other than 5 points per day for checking in via the app.

Thanks. That's what I had assumed, but someone on Reddit swears by this:

GameStop is one of the companies/stores that you can reload your Amazon Cash card through your phone from the Amazon app by exchange of actual currency I.e dollars. CVS is another store.

It’s kind of a convoluted process since technically store credit isn’t dollar currency, so the way GameStop makes it work is you put your store credit on a gift card so that It becomes a suitable currency.

Transfer whatever amount of store credit you choose to a gift card at the store. Pull up the Amazon Cash card on your phone from your Amazon app or Wallet if on iPhone. Then in another transaction, you use the GameStop’s gift card‘s amount to exchange to Amazon Cash. So GameStop Credit ===> GameStop gift card ===> Amazon Cash

I only have one purchase from the 9th that is not showing up on my pur points. My brother had a sale on Saturday and will have to see if his points showed up. 

Quoting myself from a few pages ago, anyone know the answer?

Quick question for the trade-in promotion for a switch game -- does this count for a switch download code? LIke if I wanted binding of issac downloadable or any switch game downloadable? I know Gamestop has some cards with codes

Quick question for the trade-in promotion for a switch game -- does this count for a switch download code? LIke if I wanted binding of issac downloadable or something? I know Gamestop has some cards with codes
Very possible. I haven't actually tried it with the Switch promo, but I preordered a digital copy of Sea of Thieves on the 3rd (to game share) and that triggered the 40% trade promo.

Mine from the 8th just posted, but still missing points from the 10th and also yesterday (11th), but I suppose there's always at least 1 day delay so maybe we're back to normal now.
Same here. Points between 3/2 and 3/8 just came through. Still missing 3/9 to current.

Now if I can get them to figure out where my missing package is I'll be back on track.

Traded a bunch of games, a wii console. Got enough to updgrade to elite status, 2 switch consoles, 2 swich games and dbz game with buy2get1 free. And still have 20$ credit left. About to trade in some more games for another 50$ credit.

Finally got my points and B2G1 free from renewal. I think it only works on one set of three. I'm only missing two 5,000 points scratch offs. It's going to be annoying with people constantly commenting on my points.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Just tried to do the switch thing for a downloadable code -- no dice. Gamestop treats it as DLC (even if it's a standalone game) which isn't covered in the promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back