Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
How early can you renew membership before expiration, and what is the time limit? For example, Xbox Live can be renewed anytime up to a three year expiration date.

How early can you renew membership before expiration, and what is the time limit? For example, Xbox Live can be renewed anytime up to a three year expiration date.
I'm pretty sure you can renew it almost instantly. I just renewed mine and they told me I can renew it up to 3 years.

Points through 3/6 came in this morning. Points through 3/9 just came in. I didn't do anything 3/10 and 3/11 so I don't know if those are in

I saw someone post on the other page and I don’t understand what the issue is with the GameStop>Amazon credit thing. Is it just that there’s better ways of moving your credit around?

I saw someone post on the other page and I don’t understand what the issue is with the GameStop>Amazon credit thing. Is it just that there’s better ways of moving your credit around?
No. GS to Amazon gift card is dead. The only way is to trade in retro games to AZ even that's ridiculous if the graders reject your trades. Someone mentioned that Amazon is no longer taking new games. I did read in the best buy trade in thread that you can turn BB credit to AZ credit. I haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

My points from 3/8 and 3/9 have posted, so I expect the ones from this weekend to hit in the next day or two. I like seeing a jump by 59,000 points just for two days.

No. GS to Amazon gift card is dead. The only way is to trade in retro games to GS even that's ridiculous if the graders reject your trades. Someone mentioned that Amazon is no longer taking new games. I did read in the best buy trade in thread that you can turn BB credit to AZ credit. I haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
thanks for the note, I'll give it a try at BB. Been trying to slowly move GS to BB since GS is being less useful since they (in my area) are stopping everything but digital game currency.

Points from 3/10 and 3/11 have posted to my account. B2G1 from renewal on 3/10 has also come through.
Good on GS for seeing a point problem and making the program catch up. My stuff from yesterday posted, which is ahead of schedule and nice.

Hear that mole?! Good job! Now give us better sales :)

Just put in-store holds on a few used Switch games. How reliable/successful is this process? The email I received said that the store looks to see if they have it, even though online shows the games in stock.

Weird when I traded games in yesterday I tried to preorder dark souls on switch and they said I didn't get a bump up, had to buy a 20 dollar game hoping I can still return it

Just put in-store holds on a few used Switch games. How reliable/successful is this process? The email I received said that the store looks to see if they have it, even though online shows the games in stock.
I usually have good success with it. They'll e-mail you once they find it (usually 30-45mins from the time you request it). I'd say 20% of the time I get an e-mail saying they weren't able to find it and my request is cancelled.

Weird when I traded games in yesterday I tried to preorder dark souls on switch and they said I didn't get a bump up, had to buy a 20 dollar game hoping I can still return it
They either lied or were very misinformed. The POS automatically applies the bump as soon as they enter the preorder in the same transaction. Next time, dont even mention that you know theres a promotion going on. Just casually mention at the end that you wanted to put money down on a preorder and then just verify that your trade in prices go on up the screen

Got ALL of my points posted (109k) by the time I went to pick up a 4TB drive for my Xbox for $129.99... redeemed a $50, $25, $15, and $10... the cashier was so pissed off because he has it out for me. I haven't even seen him in a year and I rarely go to this location and he said in a condescending voice that used consoles came with B2G1 and I could return the console... I played dumb and told him I don't know what he was talking about. (too much effort, I had use B2G1 7310 coupons in the last few days, much easier)... walked out with the drive for $100 less. I could have redeemed a $5, but I have some pre-orders to pick up Friday still.

Can confirm that it is good online. Does anyone know if it works in store? Could be a lot of potential flips with the B2G1 and +70% trade in with purchase of switch games.
Just called my local store and they confirmed that this is working in store as well.Plenty of boomerangs.

Can confirm that the B2G1 is in-store as well as online. I also put $5 toward Crash Bandicoot Trilogy for Switch and got the 70% bump.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

What's the refurb fee on Dualshock 3 controller? The control pad goes crazy when I connect it. I opened it and cleaned it but it still won't work properly.
A few weeks ago, TIV was $15 and I got a refurb fee of $4 to take the TIV to $11 for a Dual Shock 3 without rubber on the sticks.

Question. If I’m elite pro and have enough points for elite, could I renew for elite for an extra year after my pro expires or will it make things all wacky?

Building a list of Boomerang Games.  This list assumes that you are able to find 3 games that are the same price. Obviously, if you don't do that you lose profit margin. Values reflect Elite Pro on both purchase and trade in. 

NCAA Basketball 2010 Xbox 360 Buy for 18.48 Trade in for 25.50

NCAA Football 14 Xbox 360 Buy for 23.75 Trade in for 28.90

Black Ops 2 for Xbox 360 Buy for 13.2 Trade in for 13.60

Madden 17 for 360 Buy for 18.48 Trade in for 25.50

College Hoops 2K8 Buy for 13.2 Trade in for 18.70

GTA V for 360 Buy for 13.2 Trade in for 13.60

Minecraft 360 edition Buy for 10 Trade in for 13.60

NBA 2K18 Early Tip off edition for 360 Buy for 20 trade for 25.50

FIFA 18 Legacy Edition Buy for 29.04 Trade for 34

The Legend of Spyro for Xbox 360 Buy for 23.76 Trade for 34

Cars 3 Driven to Win for 360 Buy for 23.76 Trade for 25.50

Forza Horizon 2 Buy for 23.76 Trade for 34 

I'm just going down the list of expensive preowned games and checking trade values. There are good boomerangs to be had, but you may need many gamestops in your area. 

Building a list of Boomerang Games. This list assumes that you are able to find 3 games that are the same price. Obviously, if you don't do that you lose profit margin. Values reflect Elite Pro on both purchase and trade in.

NCAA Basketball 2010 Xbox 360 Buy for 18.48 Trade in for 25.50

NCAA Football 14 Xbox 360 Buy for 23.75 Trade in for 28.90

Black Ops 2 for Xbox 360 Buy for 13.2 Trade in for 13.60

Madden 17 for 360 Buy for 18.48 Trade in for 25.50

College Hoops 2K8 Buy for 13.2 Trade in for 18.70

GTA V for 360 Buy for 13.2 Trade in for 13.60

Minecraft 360 edition Buy for 10 Trade in for 13.60

NBA 2K18 Early Tip off edition for 360 Buy for 20 trade for 25.50

FIFA 18 Legacy Edition Buy for 29.04 Trade for 34

The Legend of Spyro for Xbox 360 Buy for 23.76 Trade for 34

Cars 3 Driven to Win for 360 Buy for 23.76 Trade for 25.50

Forza Horizon 2 Buy for 23.76 Trade for 34

I'm just going down the list of expensive preowned games and checking trade values. There are good boomerangs to be had, but you may need many gamestops in your area.
you can just type in 360 or ps3 in the trades search box and then you can list trades by highest value. then search how much they cost.

Anybody found any good flips to BB with the new B2G1? Lightning fried my modem and we’ve used all of our data so I’m just sitting here watching the pinwheel spin waiting for the B.B. trade-in center pages to load.

If you're feeling really lazy, you can multipy the preowned price by .518. That's the total discount including the promo and the Elite Pro discount, but it assumes that you buy three games of equal value. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back