Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had stores in Houston tell me “wow this is the biggest amount I’ve ever seen” and it’s only like 160$ in trades I don’t consider that to be a lot

Went to my favorite GameStop, a prestige store. The dude says, "you come here all the time, here's something for free." He hands me a lottery ticket, I go "man, what I look like a charity case?" I took it, but threw it on the ground.

I think the issue is the value of the trades not the volume.  I am sure the average customer is getting a couple buck per game so large volume trades of a few bucks total are not a big deal.  A handful of games worth hundreds is more memorable if you ask me.

Went to my favorite GameStop, a prestige store. The dude says, "you come here all the time, here's something for free." He hands me a lottery ticket, I go "man, what I look like a charity case?" I took it, but threw it on the ground.
I don't need your hand-outs, I'm an adult!

ASM at one store and the SM at another store in Long Island today told me that 4/4 - 4/10 is a 30% for 2 games, 40% for 3 games, and 50% for 4 games promo. No other details.

Last edited:
did some great boomerangs today, my home store believes I grab all my trades craigslist/facebook/letgo and theyre all for it. traded in around 25 games. also discovered that I can trigger the 70% by paying off an existing preorder, paid off mario tennis aces.

The manager at one of my local stores just JDed me I believe. Refused to let me pre-order a switch game or buy a cheap one, ala Has Been or troll & I,, made me buy Odyssey to trigger the bonus. Definitely wrote down my name.

The worst they can do is a 90-day trade ban right? At first?

The manager at one of my local stores just JDed me I believe. Refused to let me pre-order a switch game or buy a cheap one, ala Has Been or troll & I,, made me buy Odyssey to trigger the bonus. Definitely wrote down my name.

What reason did he give? Sounds like an ass without proper context. You a sneaky abusive cag or are you just taking advantage of the promos and he recognized you a 2nd time

I can see them maybe not letting put just 5 down on a preorder to trigger a bonus, but denying you buying a cheaper switch game is straight BS. That should get him in trouble, not you.
He had this dumb smirk on his face too where he was like “I know what you’re tryin to do man, not gonna let you buy a cheap game to trigger the bonus.”

What reason did he give? Sounds like an ass without proper context. You a sneaky abusive cag or are you just taking advantage of the promos and he recognized you a 2nd time
My credit’s right around $400, so i’m not like the extremes around here, I was only trading in like 9 games. The other employees all know I come in frequently during big trade weeks and boost all their numbers. This guy just never liked me lol. He gave no reason other than you have to buy an expensive game to trigger the bonus.

He had this dumb smirk on his face too where he was like “I know what you’re tryin to do man, not gonna let you buy a cheap game to trigger the bonus.”
Yep I would incinerate him on a survey and ask for a DM (only if you're not actually abusing the system regularly though, don't want to make things worse). That's definitely sketchy and he clearly just wanted to boost his sales. Just wait a couple weeks and return the game of you don't want it and it should be fine.

PM me that guy's employee number. If you don't have it, give me the store location and his name so I can do a receipt-less survey.

This is the equivalent of being at a fast food place and trying to get one of those 2 for $4 sandwich deals and being told no. Promotion is there to be used by the customer.

I can also reaffirm that the in stock reports on these games is sketchy at best. Went to one of my nearby store for the 12 titles that it said they had...once I found at least 5 of them weren't actually there I gave up. Not worth the effort for the return. Hope everyone else is having good luck though.
Note that the online stock checker is not continuously updated. Its only updated once at night. The other possibilities is that the game was misplaced or stolen or someone might have hit your store before you did.

I just got back from one GS and the guy couldn't find FH2 even though the in store inventory showed one copy. But overall, I've had good experiences using the online hold feature.

Tomorrow, 3/14 is the LAST day to get the trade in bonus when buying a NEW switch game or console.

Plan accordingly.
Thank god. I got my Lego Switch games from BB to flip today. I'm picking up some more tomorrow with store pickup. I hope the TIV doesn't drop. I'll also get boomerangs from GS from the B2G1 free.

Thank god. I got my Lego Switch games from BB to flip today. I'm picking up some more tomorrow with store pickup. I hope the TIV doesn't drop. I'll also get boomerangs from GS from the B2G1 free.
Why are you buying so many? The return is decent enough, but there are never many GS > BB flips, so you're stuck with currency that can only be used primarily on games.

Why are you buying so many? The return is decent enough, but there are never many GS > BB flips, so you're stuck with currency that can only be used primarily on games.
I don't know if you are fully utilizing your options at Gamestop. Quite a few of us purchase gift cards for say Kohls or Home Depot. You can get all new appliances at Home Depot as an example. You can buy Southwest Airline gift cards and take the family on a vacation. I'm not going to list the entire laundry list of things that you can use trade credit on but if you feel that you are stuck with credit that you can only use to purchase games then you need to look into your options further.

I'm doing BB>GS. I want to get points and have more credit to bounce back to BB when they have decent movers. I don't buy games Day One so GS is a good option for me to buy used games with reward certificates.

Note that the online stock checker is not continuously updated. Its only updated once at night. The other possibilities is that the game was misplaced or stolen or someone might have hit your store before you did.

I just got back from one GS and the guy couldn't find FH2 even though the in store inventory showed one copy. But overall, I've had good experiences using the online hold feature.

I can also reaffirm that the in stock reports on these games is sketchy at best. Went to one of my nearby store for the 12 titles that it said they had...once I found at least 5 of them weren't actually there I gave up. Not worth the effort for the return. Hope everyone else is having good luck though.
I think it's pretty accurate. When I put something on hold, it changes to out of stock if it's limited. I also notice that if something came in stock quickly by being traded in, they technically have it but can't find it until about a day later. I guess they process it, but don't put away the daily tradeins until they have time and can't find it until it's in the game drawers.

The dude I had didn't know how to do the preorder in the same transaction as the trade so I didn't get the bonus. Would I be able to go in and have them adjust it?

The dude I had didn't know how to do the preorder in the same transaction as the trade so I didn't get the bonus. Would I be able to go in and have them adjust it?
Gotta learn to just scoop up your trades and leave when this stuff happens. You'll see associates "remember" how to do stuff real quick when you're walking out with a big Circle of Life transaction.

In a word, no. You signed agreeing to those trade amounts. Sucks you didn't get the bonus but those games are theirs now.

Gotta learn to just scoop up your trades and leave when this stuff happens. You'll see associates "remember" how to do stuff real quick when you're walking out with a big Circle of Life transaction.

In a word, no. You signed agreeing to those trade amounts. Sucks you didn't get the bonus but those games are theirs now.
"All your games are belong to us." -GameStop-

I actually had an employee ring up WWE2K17 as 2k15. didnt notice til I walked out the door. went back in, manager had me retrade in 2k17 for the correct value and then said he will just right off 2k15 for shrink.

My 10% coupon expires tomorrow and I managed to find the unicorn, Fire Emblem Fates Special edition, in my area for $89.99! The coupon took 10% off the top ($9) and then 20% from elite pro ($16.20). I paid with my store credit so I wasn't charged tax and walked away paying $64.79!!!

ASM at one store and the SM at another store in Long Island today told me that 4/4 - 4/10 is a 30% for 2 games, 40% for 3 games, and 50% for 4 games promo. No other details.
Glad to hear the promos will keep coming regularly.

Thanks for the info!

I actually had an employee ring up WWE2K17 as 2k15. didnt notice til I walked out the door. went back in, manager had me retrade in 2k17 for the correct value and then said he will just right off 2k15 for shrink.
I hope you left a glowing survey. I wish all employees were like that.

Remember the time they were selling Xboxes with free Gears and giftcard, then randomly added a free controller to the same deal halfway through the sales week... one jabroni wouldn't adjust it, another store further away said theyd be happy to. Changed my "home store" and do almost all business there now, pre orders, surveys etc

I hope you left a glowing survey. I wish all employees were like that.

Remember the time they were selling Xboxes with free Gears and giftcard, then randomly added a free controller to the same deal halfway through the sales week... one jabroni wouldn't adjust it, another store further away said theyd be happy to. Changed my "home store" and do almost all business there now, pre orders, surveys etc
Oh yeah! I do every survey for this store, it’s my home store and they take care of me, I give them all my preorders and give them great survey scores every single time

Zero of the 8 stores I went to today knew about the b2g1 previous generation games. One of them didn’t know about the switch boost.

If there’s a limit to the number of sets of b2g1 in store I couldn’t find it. Bought ~$900 in one transaction. 45 games.

Zero of the 8 stores I went to today knew about the b2g1 previous generation games. One of them didn’t know about the switch boost.

If there’s a limit to the number of sets of b2g1 in store I couldn’t find it. Bought ~$900 in one transaction. 45 games.
😦 I was worried about setting off a red flag by buying ~18 games. Damn...

wwwhhaaa? Definitely will fall under the category "That's the guy who bought a crapload of games in 1 transaction" lore.

I'm scared to ask. How much/how many games did you buys at all 8 stores total?

I would never try that at most stores. This was a store where the SM knows what’s up and is OK with my 1 trip a month because it boosts his metrics.

Most of the other stores I bought 15-18 games each.

I never buy with an account I trade with. Gotta keep it discreet except the instances where I’m either traveling or in a place I know for sure is on board with me making large purchases and/or trades.

Bought for the 360 B2G1:

Syndicate

Homefront

Top Spin 2

Tried the games out and found Co-op partner for Syndicate and a full room in Frontlines Fuel of War.  Big surprise there are still people playing that online - unexpected bonus!  I was only thinking I would be playing them for the campaigns.  Not bad for less than $5 total.

If you plan on trading a lot of Xbox / Wii games Its almost worth purchasing a resurfacer because it makes Xbox / Wii games look brand new.

https://www.amazon.com/JFJ-Video-Blu-Ray-Repair-Machine/dp/B000RBE4B8 - I usually use this model with just the blue abrasive and it makes look almost brand new

Gamestop does a terrible job of resurfacing because they leave swirls on the discs when you order then online and I usually resurface them again to get rid of the swirl marks.

Some information I have read says you can resurface Blu-ray discs with the lightest abrasive for about a minute but I never tested it out because I didn't have any discs I wanted to destroy.
I prefer only doing the white. Never really cared much for the blue.

I did get a Disgaea 5 (ps4) and some ps3 games resurrected with my JFJ. It is certainly very tricky.

Bought for the 360 B2G1:
Syndicate
Homefront
Top Spin 2

Tried the games out and found Co-op partner for Syndicate and a full room in Frontlines Fuel of War. Big surprise there are still people playing that online - unexpected bonus! I was only thinking I would be playing them for the campaigns. Not bad for less than $5 total.
I'm happy for you. You actually bought some games to play instead of for flipping/boomeranging purposes. I really need to start playing more.

If a store doesn't ask you for an i.d. during a trade does that transaction still count towards your 2k limit per 30 days?

If a store doesn't ask you for an i.d. during a trade does that transaction still count towards your 2k limit per 30 days?
Yes. Only difference is, you could get away with having multiple Pro accounts, since it would only be linked to that account in this case. Stores is my area do not ask for ID for trade credit (only cash), so you could have 2 Elite accounts (yourself and a "friend" or "family member") and do ~4k in 30 days (in theory) but keeping just under the limit on each.

I'm happy for you. You actually bought some games to play instead of for flipping/boomeranging purposes. I really need to start playing more.
Thanks - I do have the best intentions to play, but I know it will likely gather dust in the backlog. I recently re-collected most of the 360 Clancy games. Great memories playing them the first time.

I do flip though. :whistle2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back