Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a code for the Black Dog DLC pack when I pre-ordered the game, not when I picked it up (I haven't yet). Definitely not the norm.
i preordered the game when i bought an s while they were 250 maybe 3 weeks ago didnt get anything on either receipt...i been reading just now a lot of people asking about it.

i preordered the game when i bought an s while they were 250 maybe 3 weeks ago didnt get anything on either receipt...i been reading just now a lot of people asking about it.
I put down $5 on a pre-order of the game to get the poster the day before the game released. Maybe the timing had something to do with it? Either way, you can go back to your store and tell them that you didn't get a code and they can give you one on a receipt.

I put down $5 on a pre-order of the game to get the poster the day before the game released. Maybe the timing had something to do with it? Either way, you can go back to your store and tell them that you didn't get a code and they can give you one on a receipt.
wow i didnt even get a poster lmao, girl at the counter said i was the only one who preordered it lol then was disappointed i didnt preorder anything else.

Managed to submit an order for 13 games yesterday before they killed the 4/10. Today I got a shipping confirmation... On 4 games out of the lot. The ones left are exclusively Gamecube games, I'm hopeful that they'll be shipped soon too.

cult-mug.jpg

Does anyone know why Gamestop is removing this Far Cry 5 preorder bonus without notice? It's gone from their page now.  I called the store I preordered in and it seems like they have no clue about the cup when I asked.

cult-mug.jpg

Does anyone know why Gamestop is removing this Far Cry 5 preorder bonus without notice? It's gone from their page now. I called the store I preordered in and it seems like they have no clue about the cup when I asked.
Probably because they can't afford to give away a $10 mug AND a $10 reward with every copy sold......Lol

bummer, the online only prices really are online only this time. Infinite Warfare is 14.99 in store for ps4. So even the non-retro games I wanted I still cant get with the deal haha

edit: and I see infinite warfare is now 14.99 on the site. so idk now.

cult-mug.jpg

Does anyone know why Gamestop is removing this Far Cry 5 preorder bonus without notice? It's gone from their page now. I called the store I preordered in and it seems like they have no clue about the cup when I asked.
That sucks, it's the only reason I pre-ordered.

That sucks, it's the only reason I pre-ordered.
Same here. Well I asked around Reddit and apparently a couple of Gamestop employees claim these mugs are very limited. I'll pay a visit to the place I preordered tomorrow and probably just cancel it since it's too much crap to deal with. Buying it at Best Buy with GCU gets me $22 in profit.

Looks like most Xbox systems and possibly other systems got a boost. Xbox one s 500gb is now 140 base so it would be $165 after the coupon. I’ll probably be trading mine since I got an X from the eBay deal two weeks ago.

Looks like most Xbox systems and possibly other systems got a boost. Xbox one s 500gb is now 140 base so it would be $165 after the coupon. I’ll probably be trading mine since I got an X from the eBay deal two weeks ago.
Nice find! Considering I paid $160 for my One S, it might be time to jump to the One X.

Got excited when everyone was saying that consoles went up in trade value, but Xbox 360 is still sitting at $14 for Elite Pro. I'm praying the mistakenly at least double that price someday. I want to get rid of mine but I'd like to get at least $30 for it.

if gamestop is anything like me dont be surprised if you have to pay them to take OG 360s one day
lol it wouldn't surprise me either. Maybe I'll try to see what 2nd & Charles will give me for it someday. I'll sweeten the deal by bringing in my HD DVD drive plus a bunch of movies, too. :cool:

Sucks that controllers dropped. I traded in one xbox controller a few days ago for 36.25 but I wanted to trade the bonus one that is coming with my 1X bundle. I did a quick scan of systems and it appears only X1 and PS4 are boosted.

Man, I can't stand how bipolar gamestop is with their prices. Not long ago they were dumping OG Xbone for $150. Now they want $220, which is only $10 less than the S model. Aside from the 3 people that care about the Kinect, who would chose an OG over an S? 

Man, I can't stand how bipolar gamestop is with their prices. Not long ago they were dumping OG Xbone for $150. Now they want $220, which is only $10 less than the S model. Aside from the 3 people that care about the Kinect, who would chose an OG over an S?
Design variant collectors?

I was holding onto my OG Xbox one because values were so terrible. I will have to let it go at this price. Will have to put my PS3 back into commission as the kids Blu ray player. 

Upgraded to Elite Pro today--how long does the stench of being a former free membership stay with me?  Also, how long before my trade credit on the original card transfers to my new card?  It says I have no credit now on my PUR dashboard.

To trade or not to trade my Halo 5 Xbox One for $175 since i got the Xbox One X from the ebay deal last week. How easy it it to transfer data from 1 system to another?

I was holding onto my OG Xbox one because values were so terrible. I will have to let it go at this price. Will have to put my PS3 back into commission as the kids Blu ray player.
That's exactly what I plan on doing, specifically with the PS3 going back as the primary movie viewer. But did you know that just the other day, the Vudu app on Xbox One finally added Movies On Us support? There are barely any ads, the movies are in HDX quality, and the selection is better than Crackle's IMO. I'm not sure if Movies On Us is available on PS3 or PS4.

No it doesn't. It's $150. You must have it as a saved value. I don't see the point of this feature since it doesn't even update in real time.
If it updated in real-time, then there would be no point in saving a bunch of high-value TIVs if they might drop the next day (or the same day in rare cases).

No it doesn't. It's $150. You must have it as a saved value. I don't see the point of this feature since it doesn't even update in real time.
I think he’s talking about the system with an elite controller because the value is only $90 for that one. Obviously it would not be smart to swap a regular controller with an elite one and lose $50.

To trade or not to trade my Halo 5 Xbox One for $175 since i got the Xbox One X from the ebay deal last week. How easy it it to transfer data from 1 system to another?
Plug both systems into your router and go to System Transfer in the old Xbox's settings. After going through a few options and such, you'll then go to the same System Transfer option on the new Xbox and it'll start moving stuff from old to new system. It went at like 200+ MB/second for me going from my One S to my One X. There are better instructions for all of this with a Google search, but that's how it goes in general.

If it updated in real-time, then there would be no point in saving a bunch of high-value TIVs if they might drop the next day (or the same day in rare cases).
I'm talking about for the average user, not flippers. (It would be very YMMV to get those saved values from the previous day anyway.) Can you imagine someone looking to get rid of a few games lying around, saving the values to his phone, and bringing them to his store the next day only to find that they all dropped? That's a negative experience that would repel shoppers from GS. I would imagine that that's how the feature is most commonly used.

cult-mug.jpg

I was told b/c my store got 7 mugs for almost 100 preorders.

Is the 4 for 20 still going on and does it work in store? I am thinking about dropping my OG Xbox One since the trade value is so high and maybe jump on getting a Vita or a PS3 which I regret letting go. 

It's because GS's inventory is super low on current gen systems. When the store I shop at gets one in it's gone the same day, usually from a customer sent by another store.

$165 TiV for the One S is damn good, considering I paid $180 for it about two years ago and have barely touched it. I thought I was going to build a much bigger UHD collection.

That's exactly what I plan on doing, specifically with the PS3 going back as the primary movie viewer. But did you know that just the other day, the Vudu app on Xbox One finally added Movies On Us support? There are barely any ads, the movies are in HDX quality, and the selection is better than Crackle's IMO. I'm not sure if Movies On Us is available on PS3 or PS4.
The only problem I have is it's a 60gb backwards compatible and I wanted to thermal paste it before it YLD. I Will have to pick up another Xbox One or ps4 in the future when they have a better sale.

I will have to check out the Vudu app on my machine downstairs. Thanks for the tip.

The only problem I have is it's a 60gb backwards compatible and I wanted to thermal paste it before it YLD. I Will have to pick up another Xbox One or ps4 in the future when they have a better sale.

I will have to check out the Vudu app on my machine downstairs. Thanks for the tip.
I'd definitely take care of your ps3 sooner than later, mine is a graphics nightmare if I try to use it now, even the XMB icons are skewed all over the place :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back