Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
cult-mug.jpg

Does anyone know why Gamestop is removing this Far Cry 5 preorder bonus without notice? It's gone from their page now. I called the store I preordered in and it seems like they have no clue about the cup when I asked.
The Gamestop I pre-ordered mine at had 50+ pre-orders and only one mug.

l7vjiQH.jpg

Some of those refurb / missing hardware fees are ridiculous.
They needed a sensor bar for my old Wii, I said can I just buy a used one from you for a dollar and trade that and they said no they have to deduct based on the (MsRP) of a brand new third party one sold only online, $20.

The wii only got $45 so it wasn’t worth me driving to a pawn shop to buy one for a buck.

They needed a sensor bar for my old Wii, I said can I just buy a used one from you for a dollar and trade that and they said no they have to deduct based on the (MsRP) of a brand new third party one sold only online, $20.

The wii only got $45 so it wasn’t worth me driving to a pawn shop to buy one for a buck.
That is pure Wagyu bull crap.

Unless of course they changed that policy.

That is definitely bullcrap. Each Gamestop is different. I saw a guy trade in a system last week and because he didn't have a controller, they allowed him to buy a refurbished one so that he could get the full trade in for the system. And then they allowed him to buy a Switch trade in the included controllers from said system and allowed him to buy neon controllers.

You joke but those buttholes wouldn't even take my ps4 without the micro USB cable. I walked down to the dollar store and got one for $1. They wanted to deduct $20 from the total.
I had a JD (or maybe just a dick) try and pull that with me when I traded my PS4. I said ok I will get the cable and trade it at another GS. All of a sudden there was no need for a $5 refurb fee. Same bag of crap that gave me a hard time because I wiped my XBox One before trading it. I would have logged into my account right there in store but their crappy screen was unreadable. No way I could type my password in on it. Went to the store in the mall and they had a working screen.

Not his fault but he was such a dick about it. Now I drive right by it and go to the other GS at the other end of the same mall. Some of them work both stores but I haven't seen him in the other store.

Can anyone confirm that they are getting $10 in rewards for purchasing FarCry 5? I went into a store on Friday and they had no idea what I was talking about
Must be a PowerUp Rewards member as of 3/26/2018. Offer valid for in-store purchases only. Far Cry 5 must be purchased by 4/2 to qualify. Valid on New game purchases only. $10 will be available in Active Offers within 48 hours of purchase. Rewards Cash valid through 5/2/2018.

https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/FarCry5-Bonus/

Alright so I got my haul from the 4/$12 and noticed that some of my games are missing. I mean the cases were in the packages but not the games themselves. What are my opinions at this point? Am I just SOL or is there something I can do?

Traded in my 2TB Xbox S  for $210 plus a extra $25 with the pro coupon for trading in a console for a total of $235 with 7000 reward points.   

If anyone has a 2TB to trade in now is the time.

So in the end, my xbox x with extra controller I bought on ebay during the 20% off sale ended up only being a $87 upgrade. I got that for $368 with a $46 rebate for a total of $322.

GS > BB credit movers. This is taking into consideration BB GCU and GS Elite. Also takes into consideration that in Illinois there is also no tax on Gamestop purchases if you use tradecredit (not sure how it is in other states).

Battlefront 2 (XONE used)

NBA 2K18 (Switch)

Assassin's Creed (PS4 + XONE)

Middle Earth Shadow of War (PS4 + XONE used)

Madden 18 (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1

Skyrim (PS4 + XONE used) - Minor Loss Less than $1

Went in to trade 3 switch games to get the extra $20. I also took 3 wii games. Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros. I was charged $10 for refurb fees on 2 games. $4 for one and $6 for another. When did they get to be that much? Granted they were a little scratched (no worse than what they sell) but $10? Plus they charge ME tax on the fees??? It's always something with GS.

Went in to trade 3 switch games to get the extra $20. I also took 3 wii games. Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros. I was charged $10 for refurb fees on 2 games. $4 for one and $6 for another. When did they get to be that much? Granted they were a little scratched (no worse than what they sell) but $10? Plus they charge ME tax on the fees??? It's always something with GS.
Yeah the refurb fees are pretty steep. Sucks that BB TIVs are mostly terrible. I’ve done two money mover trades at BB yesterday and today, and they just make sure the game is in the case, not the condition at all.

Alright so I got my haul from the 4/$12 and noticed that some of my games are missing. I mean the cases were in the packages but not the games themselves. What are my opinions at this point? Am I just SOL or is there something I can do?
You can call customer service. Best bet is early in the morning, evenings are the longest wait times. Depending on how you paid for the purchase may determine method of refund.

I had 5 they never shipped from the last 4/$10 and they sent me a refund gc. I just used that towards the 4/$20.

Hope everything works out.

5% savings is 5%. But seems kind of low. It is a $50 savings on $1000. But people were getting nearly double that on top tier switch games last week with elite, the 50% coupon, and B2G1.

$178.50 - $88 = $90.50

Move that to BB on even money trades and you get $90 of free disney gc on $88 spent. If you could repeat that 5 or 6 times your at a 50% savings.
Agreed. My wife wants to buy Disney gift cards at Target to save 5% and I tell her I can do way better, it will just take some time. My first round of GS to BB I had about $80 invested and got nearly $160. My problem is my nearest BB is nearly an hour away so I can only go every so often. Fortunately the trip isn’t until December.

Can someone hook me up w the 25 extra trade in credit coupon? When trading in ps4/x1?

Or does anyone know if I get pro, would I receive the coupon right away?

Agreed. My wife wants to buy Disney gift cards at Target to save 5% and I tell her I can do way better, it will just take some time. My first round of GS to BB I had about $80 invested and got nearly $160. My problem is my nearest BB is nearly an hour away so I can only go every so often. Fortunately the trip isn’t until December.
You either save money or work more for extra money. Either way it's the net gain for time invested that counts.

No participating stores within 100 miles of San Diego? Are no stores doing it, or are they waiting till release day to update which stores are offering it?
Same for me. No stores in Detroit are doing this $10 reward promo. Closest stores are starting at about 85 miles away in Ohio. I gave up buying FC5 at launch, will wait on a used copy, or borrow it from the library.

That's when you take the games to another gamestop. Yeah you're wasting more time, but fuck them. Had a store lead charge refurb fees for all the games I didn't have a case for (probably 3-4 games at $4-$5 a pop; said it was policy). Not sure WTF his problem was, but just went to another store and of course they didn't even bat an eye and gave me full credit.

I've heard that i could call into BB CS to get some extra credit for my mail trade-ins, but I had to be elite to get it, or something... I haven't tried yet due to personal apathy.

That's when you take the games to another gamestop. Yeah you're wasting more time, but fuck them. Had a store lead charge refurb fees for all the games I didn't have a case for (probably 3-4 games at $4-$5 a pop; said it was policy). Not sure WTF his problem was, but just went to another store and of course they didn't even bat an eye and gave me full credit.
If they ever pull that just show them on the app where it says "Don't have the game box? No problem as GameStop offers the same amazing trade price even without the game box."

It states this on the trade in value estimate of every game in the app. That's what their real policy is, not much he could argue when it is so explicitly written.

You can call customer service. Best bet is early in the morning, evenings are the longest wait times. Depending on how you paid for the purchase may determine method of refund.

I had 5 they never shipped from the last 4/$10 and they sent me a refund gc. I just used that towards the 4/$20.

Hope everything works out.
Thank you! Hoping for the best but when it comes to GS CS I’m not holding my breath.

I'm thinking of upgrading my VCR XB1 ($currently $150 TIV) to upgrade to the XB1 S since it is on sale for $250 (bundled with Sea of Thieves digital download).  I know the promo currently is a free game with the XB1 X but I was wondering if anyone had any luck getting them to throw in the free game for buying a new S. 

So with the Xbox live gold sales this week on the market place. I'm thinking about trading in assassin's creed origin, forza7 , and maybe two other random older games. Wonder what type of promotion I can get the most bang for my buck to get a Xbox live currency card to get the digital gold versions of a few games.

Can we use reward certificates towards gift cards? I know I usually do that with trade credit. I just haven’t tried with reward points.
Not valid toward gift cards, downloadable content, reservations or POSA cards.

So with the Xbox live gold sales this week on the market place. I'm thinking about trading in assassin's creed origin, forza7 , and maybe two other random older games. Wonder what type of promotion I can get the most bang for my buck to get a Xbox live currency card to get the digital gold versions of a few games.
GET UP TO 40% CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD XBOX, PLAYSTATION, AND ITUNES CURRENCY CARDS

Not valid toward gift cards, downloadable content, reservations or POSA cards.

GET UP TO 40% CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD XBOX, PLAYSTATION, AND ITUNES CURRENCY CARDS
It says for fortnite. Does fortnite have an in game currency that can be purchased for task money? I don't even think you can enforce that in the Xbox ecosystem. Doesn't a prepaid gamestop xbox code show up as non game specific ms currency?

Can you use reward coupons on games from the Play Day Sales? Got some coupons about to expire so just checking if I will be wasting my time trying.

Can you use reward coupons on games from the Play Day Sales? Got some coupons about to expire so just checking if I will be wasting my time trying.
Yes, but the POS sometimes will take the reward cert off of the full MSRP, not the sale price so you are still getting screwed. It's been YMMV for myself in the past when doing this.

Yeah you’re right...nice. At least one is a decent mover to BB.

Also noticed that the top tier NSW games dropped another dollar to $25 base TIV. Hopefully some of these rebound soon, but I’m sure GS had plenty traded in a week or so ago.
I'm pretty sure that $25 is what they've been at since they all dropped from $35 during the last bump.

It says for fortnite. Does fortnite have an in game currency that can be purchased for task money? I don't even think you can enforce that in the Xbox ecosystem. Doesn't a prepaid gamestop xbox code show up as non game specific ms currency?
There are no fortnite cards. The trade promo is for Xbox or Playstation cards. It's just a marketing strategy with how big the game is.

You joke but those buttholes wouldn't even take my ps4 without the micro USB cable. I walked down to the dollar store and got one for $1. They wanted to deduct $20 from the total.
Would you want to buy a console with no way to charge the controller? Although the store just should have made you buy a cable instead of doing a refurb fee, as long as they had cables in stock.

Seems like it worked out though as $1 is less than the $10-$15 those cables are in store.

Yes they work just fine. I used a $15 cert yesterday to pick up nba live 18 for free.
thanks for the heads up. Needed to burn a $15 cert as it's expiring at the end of this month. Stupid that I only had about 3 weeks to use it as I redeemed it weekend before last.

That's BS as that item they would of charged you for wouldn't ship to a store & they would just get corporate to send them a sensor bar.

Sounds like you need to report the store at tellgamestop dot com.

A lot of the stuff in this thread is shady, but the stuff I’ve seen some GS employees lie about has been pretty bad too.

-adding warranties without informing me (I’ll get a couple warranties if the employee is helpful but it’s shady to charge and not say anything)
-adding refurb fees without informing me
-“exchanges” that result in you losing money (return a $40 game for a $30 one and employee didn’t want to give me the difference)
-straight up lying about certain preorder promos (you only have to put $5 down but multiple employees said it would only work with full amount)

I get they have to keep their numbers up and all. I worked in retail for many years. Still, deceitfulness is never the answer.

Anybody have a $25 trade in coupon they're not going to use?

If not, if I upgrade to pro in store, will they let me get the 25 bonus immediately or do I need to get it in an email? I want to trade in my ps4 for a ps4 pro.

Anybody have a $25 trade in coupon they're not going to use?

If not, if I upgrade to pro in store, will they let me get the 25 bonus immediately or do I need to get it in an email? I want to trade in my ps4 for a ps4 pro.
I don't plan on using mine. Hit me up in the next hour, otherwise I'm gone for two days.

I had a sunset overdrive white VCR XBO bundle that I wanted to keep, but $165 is just too good of a value, hope I can track down a white VCR console years down the road for much cheaper. I hadnt touched it in like 3 years. 

My TRU in Plainsboro, NJ was not packed when I stopped by yesterday just to get a lay of the land. Consoles as mentioned were %5 and software %10. I don't know how this store was not in the first round of cuts because it is never busy that being said they had a lot of software still left including older PS3 and Xbox 360 games. Might be worth a re-visit in a few weeks to look for some older Wii U titles, 3ds, and 360 that people might be as interested in getting. They had no Switches or Ps4's but the had Xbox One S and X, 3ds, and PS VR bundles. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back