Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard mid-month bump they’ve been doing since January.

However most of them have been the same since cash promo started so I will say yes not as big as normal probably due to cash promo.

Anyone know how much Gamestop takes off for a PS3 trade without the USB to mini-USB cable? I can't seem to find any of mine except for one which I need to hang on to. I am waiting to trade the system for a bump in trade value because right now it's worth $50. 

Was going to trade it in for God of War, but I don't believe the 40% stacks on consoles and I just went ahead and pre-ordered God of War at Best Buy along with my Yakuza 6 so probably going to look to trade this PS3 in by next month to pick up some May releases. 

What’s the word on being able to buy Amazon gift cards with GameStop gift cards? I had read this was being phased out but maybe has not happened in all stores yet.

Anyone know how much Gamestop takes off for a PS3 trade without the USB to mini-USB cable? I can't seem to find any of mine except for one which I need to hang on to. I am waiting to trade the system for a bump in trade value because right now it's worth $50.

Was going to trade it in for God of War, but I don't believe the 40% stacks on consoles and I just went ahead and pre-ordered God of War at Best Buy along with my Yakuza 6 so probably going to look to trade this PS3 in by next month to pick up some May releases.
1) they probably take off more than the $1 it would cost to pick up a replacement cable from the dollar store.

2) there was an $80 promo for ps3 traded towards ps4, which should work on ps4 pro GoW bundle. But if you're not looking for a ps4 pro that may be useless.

What’s the word on being able to buy Amazon gift cards with GameStop gift cards? I had read this was being phased out but maybe has not happened in all stores yet.
You’ll have to buy something that’s rare, sell it on eBay for enough to cover the fees then buy your amazon gift card with PayPal.

It’s a rough workaround but still does the trick.

1) they probably take off more than the $1 it would cost to pick up a replacement cable from the dollar store.

2) there was an $80 promo for ps3 traded towards ps4, which should work on ps4 pro GoW bundle. But if you're not looking for a ps4 pro that may be useless.
I'll have to check a Dollar Store, but I usually only see cheap USB to Micro USB cables.

I already have a PS4 Pro and while I would love to get a special edition one like this, I am not in the market to spend the extra cash on one right now and if I were I would have gone for that Monster Hunter World edition. I wonder if I can trade the PS3 in towards the GoW bundle for the bonus though and cancel the pre-order because if I can do that I wouldn't hesitate to trade it for $80 today.

Azure Striker Gunvolt is currently only $19.99 for a new copy at Gamestop.
Seems to be sold out online but was in stock at many stores local to me. I was able to successfully price-match this with BBY chat for same day pick-up.

Sorry, can't post links yet.

:switch: Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack @ GS

As an aside, I tried to make a new post with this info when I noticed I could not post links yet. Would that be best practice, to make a new post? Or should anything GS related go through this topic?

Edit: can now post links, created a new topic. Don't know if I am allowed to link to it.

Azure Striker Gunvolt is currently only $19.99 for a new copy at Gamestop.
Seems to be sold out online but was in stock at many stores local to me. I was able to successfully price-match this with BBY chat for same day pick-up.

Sorry, can't post links yet.
:switch: Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack @ GS

As an aside, I tried to make a new post with this info when I noticed I could not post links yet. Would that be best practice, to make a new post? Or should anything GS related go through this topic?

Edit: can now post links, created a new topic. Don't know if I am allowed to link to it.
I thought this would be a limited run game so I picked it up at $24. Still a great price and I do enjoy it.

picked up Wipeout Omega Collection since Gamestop New is cheaper than anywhere else, and the physical is seemingly going OOP, turned out to be Gamestop "New" but at least the dlc code was good
Is Wipeout Omega Collection really going OOP? I'm not able to find any info on that, where did you get this information?

If so, guess I better pick it up soon.

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) got a bump to $17.50 base. Life Is Strange: Before the Storm (X1) went down to $8.00 base. All weird.

YMMV: The $80 guaranteed credit for a PS3 towards a PS4 doesn’t work on preorders (GOW PS4 Pro). However my store manager just did an override and adjusted the trade value to $80. I hadn’t seen anyone else post about their experience with the coupon, so I figured I’d share mine.

Is this promo still active? I thought the promo was an extra $80 when you trade in a PS4 or Xbox One. I had no idea you got it on other systems towards a PS4.

EDIT: I saw someone mention a coupon. Where did the coupon come from? I'm Elite Pro if that makes a difference.

Is this promo still active? I thought the promo was an extra $80 when you trade in a PS4 or Xbox One. I had no idea you got it on other systems towards a PS4.

EDIT: I saw someone mention a coupon. Where did the coupon come from? I'm Elite Pro if that makes a difference.
There are two promos going on right now:

1. Up to $80 additional TIV for any :ps4: or :xb1:.

2. Get exactly $80 when trading a :ps3: towards any :ps4: (apparently not working for preorders).

So I went to browse GS before an oil change, & their system was down again, supposedly nationwide again. Anyone else notice?
Try a different weight, that might help.

This is $80 FOR ps3 towards ps4 . The other promo was UP TO $80 MORE (but was included in the stated price). The coincidental use of the same $80 amount makes it confusing. Not sure of how the dates line up though.

This is $80 FOR ps3 towards ps4 . The other promo was UP TO $80 MORE (but was included in the stated price). The coincidental use of the same $80 amount makes it confusing. Not sure of how the dates line up though.
GET UP TO $80 MORE FOR YOUR XBOX ONE OR PLAYSTATION 4

Offer valid through 4/15. Valid on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

The email with the scannable code for $80 TIC for a :ps3: says:

Offer valid 4/6/18 - 4/22/18 .Valid toward purchase of any New Playstation 4 console. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Thanks for the help on the $80 PS3 trade-in.  I can't seem to find anything on their website that shows the promo so I wonder if it's over or only available to certain people.

EDIT: Thanks for the post above.  I guess I did not get the emailed coupon or have lost it.  I can't find it among my many Gamestop deleted emails.

EDIT2: Nevermind.  I found it.  Thanks again for all your help guys!

Thanks for the help on the $80 PS3 trade-in. I can't seem to find anything on their website that shows the promo so I wonder if it's over or only available to certain people.
The email mentioning the promo may have been targeted, but the coupon code is generic and SHOULD work for everyone.

It seems generic:

JyZd3As.png

Thanks for the help on the $80 PS3 trade-in. I can't seem to find anything on their website that shows the promo so I wonder if it's over or only available to certain people.
Code is generic and several people got one in an email, although I never got one. There was a picture earlier in the thread with the ebc and bar code.

Edit: dammit. Ninjaed on 3 posts in a row. That's what I get for typing with one thumb.

Those Just Dance games have pretty good TIV's.

On the topic on Wii stuff, I imagine you get charged a refurb fee if Wii remote has no battery cover? Have 3-4 that came with a Wii I bought off Craigslist and none have them.
You can get those on ebay from china from cheap. The covers too that often get knocked off. They work great and save the refurbish fees.

So if you have more than one PS3 laying around, will they take two in the same transaction for $160?

Traditionally, knocking up is done in the absence of a condom. YMMV.
Condoms can break. Do not reuse old condoms. Washing them in order to save money is a bad idea. I learned that using the dishwasher machine to clean them like clothing may seem to be a good idea on paper but isn't. Tip certain clothing can be cleaned using a dishwasher saving you on a costly energy and power bill.

Values suuuuuuuuuck right now. Wait for a real bump
TIV's are freaking terrible. Even games I got from the B2G1 last prestige day, I would be losing money on almost all of them (granted I'm not in CA). Even the ones I'm making money on, it's like $1.

You can get those on ebay from china from cheap. The covers too that often get knocked off. They work great and save the refurbish fees.
Didn't even bother checking ebay after I seeing the Wii U gamepad battery cover was $7 (which I consider "expensive", namely because it's a piece of plastic), but luckily that isn't representative of the wii remote battery covers. 2 for $1.21 is great.

Rofl

At least I can turn some B.B. cards into cash.

Need to add Plants Vs Zombies 2 up there with Super Mario 3, Tetris, Ocarina, Half Life and the greatest games of all time.

Not really any flips here, but I did trade in some left over $16-20 games from BB and Gamestop from the past month. 70% elite pro in Cali did well for those.

Ordered 4 "new" copies of DS3: Fire Fades (2 xb1, 2 PS4) and all four are gutted copies. One is in a fake plastic wrap, the other three have that little plastic sticker. One of them had the "new" sticker removed and the packing slip stuck to it too hard so it's basically a damaged product.

Should I jam a store with a return or get corporate to send me new ones?

So what's up with the "trade in God of War, get $40 and a B2G1 coupon" deal? Was that fake? I can't find anything on it.
I saw a screenshot of it but they took it down off twitter, my guess if it is something they're planning it will be back up after the game is released.

I saw a screenshot of it but they took it down off twitter, my guess if it is something they're planning it will be back up after the game is released.
I saw it as well, and Like you said, I think it’ll be offered in the future, probably after the April 22nd promos expire.

Aaand the Odyssey bump is already back down. Booo.
Oh, I forgot to mention. That shit was down 5o $25 base even when I went in yesterday at 7pm Pacific. App still said $30, buy POS said $25. I didn't bother trying to convince the guy it should've been $30 base..

hey guys for the extra 50% bonus when you trade in 3 games ...can you get cash for the same amount? or do offers not combine? ty

Oh, I forgot to mention. That shit was down 5o $25 base even when I went in yesterday at 7pm Pacific. App still said $30, buy POS said $25. I didn't bother trying to convince the guy it should've been $30 base..
that didn’t last long

Looks like the stealth bump is now in the Trade Promos section of the app with a link to eligible games. The title says $30 for the most wanted games, but that’s after a 20% Elite bump. Odyssey must have been a pricing error yesterday...and a lot of these saw no bump at all.

[attachment=30003:7050FF18-7238-4810-988D-0F7443815293.jpeg]

Yesterday, I told my colleague about the GameStop trade in offer and he was dumping his PS4 for a PS4 Pro. I told him to preorder the GoW Edition since it comes out next week. Rather than following my advice, he trades in his PS4 for a regular Black PS4 Pro and on top of that, preorders the game on the side!!! I don't get it! What a waste of money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back