Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Double points next Saturday on all purchases.

Should I wait an extra day now to pick up my Gow PS4 pro???
I am off work early on 4/20 and I was going to pick up my GoW PS4 Pro but I got the email about double rewards on Saturday as well so now I am going to wait a day to pick it up. If my estimate is correct, I'd get ~26000 points back as a elite member that I could use towards a game or something else. I'd say that's worth the wait for me :lol:

Double points next Saturday on all purchases.

Should I wait an extra day now to pick up my Gow PS4 pro???
Is it an EBC code or for everybody?

I am off work early on 4/20 and I was going to pick up my GoW PS4 Pro but I got the email about double rewards on Saturday as well so now I am going to wait a day to pick it up. If my estimate is correct, I'd get ~26000 points back as a elite member that I could use towards a game or something else. I'd say that's worth the wait for me :lol:
Pretty sure it's only 24,000 (unless you're buying something in addition to the console).

Pretty sure it's only 24,000 (unless you're buying something in addition to the console).
Sounds like it will be coded into pos.
058f1ed3540dbe0de80fd48fddca1bc6.jpg

Sounds like it will be coded into pos.
Inb4 it's a repeat of December (i.e double points weren't showing up for like 2 weeks for some people and they were freaking out).

Is there a way to see when my elite expires?
If you're using the app: click drop down menu in top left corner (3 parallel horizontal lines) > click POWERUP REWARDS > click on icon in top right corner

Made a few rounds to the local pawn shops today and got a few dual shock 3s for cheap and a few games along the way. Love the cash same as credit promo, made a nice little profit for about an hour of work

Made a few rounds to the local pawn shops today and got a few dual shock 3s for cheap and a few games along the way. Love the cash same as credit promo, made a nice little profit for about an hour of work
It helps that some of the values are insanely good. $20+ for New Super Mario and Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii is crazy good. More than you could sell them for on eBay.

my bad, I was including tax in my area for the bundle. I'm not sure if it's points pre tax or not

Anyway, can talk about the circle of life; I returned a switch joy con at my store cause I didn't need after all. And the employee tried to shame me about it. He was playful about it, saying "you're killing me with this return" I just chuckled and says sorry bout it. He assumed I knew about the circle is life, and it is my home store but it's not like I'm always in there just to return things. I found it kind of annoying cause I waited in line and then he took kind of long. He wasn't rude but made another comment like, why didn't you take it back to that store. He didn't try to push any preorders or sales pitch in me, even though he saw my trade credit was loaded as I'm saving for the GoW PS4 bundle but it's not reserved at his store. I felt weird about the situation, but he didn't ask me to preorder anything so I was like he must be fine just pulling my leg and disappointed by a return..

Ended up doing some trades today since I didn't feel like waiting for next month's bump and I guess the store got robbed earlier that week by a guy with a mask and machete. Pretty crazy. They had a bunch of signs up and a $1000 reward for information leading to his arrest.

Ended up doing some trades today since I didn't feel like waiting for next month's bump and I guess the store got robbed earlier that week by a guy with a mask and machete. Pretty crazy. They had a bunch of signs up and a $1000 reward for information leading to his arrest.
dude messed up, shouldve robbed the place yesterday

Some easy BB > GameStop credit movers, especially for getting cash back. GCU and Elite are taken into consideration for the below (pre-tax).

BB>GS

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4, XONE): $16>$21

Monopoly (S): $16 > $18

Rayman Legends (S): $16 > $18

Red Dead Redemption GOTY (XONE): $12 > $13.20

Mario Rabbids (S): $24 > $24

Some easy BB > GameStop credit movers, especially for getting cash back. GCU and Elite are taken into consideration for the below (pre-tax).

BB>GS
Don't forget that you can stack the 40% towards God of War or Nintendo Labo/ or $5 per switch game.

BB>GS
Don’t forget the $1 off store pickup option.

IDK, not feeling the look of the GoW edition PS4 Pro. Not that it matters I am not looking to upgrade to a Pro anyway.
It looks atrocious.

I hope the inevitable Spider-Man console scores some points in the looks department.

The only special edition PS4s I can remember liking are the 20th anniversary and MGSV editions.

Yesterday, I told my colleague about the GameStop trade in offer and he was dumping his PS4 for a PS4 Pro. I told him to preorder the GoW Edition since it comes out next week. Rather than following my advice, he trades in his PS4 for a regular Black PS4 Pro and on top of that, preorders the game on the side!!! I don't get it! What a waste of money!!
Did he hate the color that much? Or just incompetent?

It looks atrocious.

I hope the inevitable Spider-Man console scores some points in the looks department.

The only special edition PS4s I can remember liking are the 20th anniversary and MGSV editions.
I didn’t get them but I thought the Destiny ones were cool. But yeah the 20th Anniversary was so great.

BB>GS

Thanks, this will help for the route to elite this year lol

Flips were not bad got Far Cry 5 and $270 credit. To anyone keeping their B2G1 coupon and 50% TIV boost coupon. The 50% TIV works on one game and the B2G1 expires April 30th.

Anyone know if the 50% bonus in Cali stacks with the $5 bonus on any switch game trade in? Does the 50% bonus  also work on accessories? Employees I called seemed clueless 

BB>GS
When you guys post these deals sans sales tax I get a little jealous. Then I figure you probably pay more on the other ends: property tax, state income tax, etc. I suppose it’s a wash.

So here I go again with this question so I just did a trade in today

Traded in a new super Mario Bros ds which is 20.80 on elite trade in

So the 70% is on the base price without elite plus the 20.80?

Or is the 70% on the base price plus the 70% of that base price all without elite ?

BTW they ended up giving me 28.70 so I'm guessing it's the second one

Or is the 70% on the base price plus the 70% of that base price all without elite ?

If I'm not mistaken, it's 70% of base.

A $10 trade-in amount base would normally get you $12 with elite. Now it gets you $17.

It's always on base. They include the elite % in any trade offer and slap an "up to" on it to make it seem better and to get those without elite to join.

Common core sucks. I don't know one smart person that has ever said:

The first thing you need to learn is common core.
It’s not great but people shouldn’t look at one step and say whole process is dumb. That is like judging the whole car making process by only being exposed to how a new battery delivers electricity to start a car.

Also, my favorite thought about people complaining about common core. “I memorized that 7x8 is 56. If it worked for me then it should work for you” when I saw that comment it clicked why we needed something diff. Maybe not common core, but something different. Society hates math. If we keep teaching it the same way, that won’t change.

I’m assuming the next comment will include how we still haven’t heard an intelligent person say common core is good. :)

I doubt you would care about my credential but I teach in a higher ed stem field. What matters more then my background is that I can have the idea that people suck at math and if we do the same thing, we will get the same thing

Edit: crap, I just ranted in a video game website. Oh well. Just pretend I said the values suck.

I did it!!!!! Holy crap is the gauntlet tough.[attachment=30020:05E4C43B-D2F3-44EB-A4F5-CC6974D9C56B.jpeg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back