Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on previous reports in the thread the TIV of 46 is expected.

If I recall the previous report when base TIV was $25, a pur elite member recieved $45.

Your math would check for both scenarios.
is the coupon needed for GOW? I recall reading some CAGs saying they got it without the coupon

Not that I would think anyone here would be interested, but it looks like all new XB1/PS4 copies of Pillars of the Earth have been converted to used. 

I liked it. As an atheist, it was both interesting and boring to play a holy man. The performances in this game are top-notch. I understand it was based off a book and TV show? Not sure if it's the same actors for the game.

What I found disagreeable about the game is that you play multiple protagonists that are often at odds with each other. It's just weird that the game would shepherd you into these roles and then the characters fight amongst themselves.

I liked it. As an atheist, it was both interesting and boring to play a holy man. The performances in this game are top-notch. I understand it was based off a book and TV show? Not sure if it's the same actors for the game.

What I found disagreeable about the game is that you play multiple protagonists that are often at odds with each other. It's just weird that the game would shepherd you into these roles and then the characters fight amongst themselves.
Good thing you mentioned you are an atheist - what you said about the aspects of the game that you didn’t like really hinged on that fact for clarity 🙄

As pointless as that last post is, I actually have no idea what game we're talking about and I couldn't find any context scrolling up.

Good thing you mentioned you are an atheist - what you said about the aspects of the game that you didn’t like really hinged on that fact for clarity
I always see you making BS comments just to shit on others' posts. The game we were talking about above is Pillars of the Earth - the game generally has some religious overtones, and one of the protagonists you play is a priest who quotes heavily from scripture, which is why I'm guessing Nietzsche inferred that the game wouldn't be of much interest many people here. You don't have to chime in every time you think you see a frivolous post.

I picked up the XB1 version for someone as a gift, but I'm tempted to try it myself. Is it like the Telltale games, or an inventory based point-and-click adventure, or something different.

By the way, it was based on a book that was heavily promoted by Oprah Winfrey, and was also adapted as a television mini-series.

Inventory-based point-and-click, but conversation is an important mechanic of the game. When someone asks you to do or look for something, that topic of conversation gets added to your inventory and you can ask other NPCs about it.

It has a lot of writing - all voice-acted - and sometimes it even felt like the game was too long if you didn't find a particular character interesting. I said that I didn't like how the protagonists were often at odds with each other; a very early-game example is when you play a feral boy who grew up in the woods. You stumble upon a man who asks what you're doing in the woods by yourself, and you can be amiable or guarded in your response; you were just playing that man in the previous chapter, so more likely than not, you would probably prefer them to be friendly, but story-wise, it wouldn't make sense for two complete strangers to be friendly to each other in dangerous woods.

Like the Telltale games, the end of each chapter tells you what you did during crucial decision points, and I don't remember if it told you what other players did.

I always see you making BS comments just to shit on others' posts. The game we were talking about above is Pillars of the Earth - the game generally has some religious overtones, and one of the protagonists you play is a priest who quotes heavily from scripture, which is why I'm guessing Nietzsche inferred that the game wouldn't be of much interest many people here. You don't have to chime in every time you think you see a frivolous post.
Wow not only an atheist, but a member of the thread police.

The game is based off religious lore. The guy said that he's an atheist but still found it enjoyable and interesting. I don't understand what the issue is. Are you guys just getting triggered to be triggered?

I still haven't received my B2G1 for purchasing gow

hat15.jpg

The 4 for $10 sale on preowned games under $4.99 is still on. I picked up Grand Theft Auto:
Liberty City, Dead Space 3 and Def Jam (the rap karaoke one) for PS3 and Stoked for 360 for $2.25 each tonight with Pro discount. My backlog has been satiated. And I'm stoked to play Stoked!

Been using google pay to export active offer coupons from GS app to google pay, but it renames coupon (whatever it may be) to Gamestop Active Offer. Can't tell what is what. Is there any way to rename coupons/offers/gift cards in google pay?

Huh. I stand corrected then. Last I read was everyone and their mom asking where their coupon was.
It did show up a few days later than expected. If I recall the add said we would get on 4/22, but it didn't show up then and that's when people got antsy.

But I think everyone who was expecting a coupon got one at this point, at least I did.

Inventory-based point-and-click, but conversation is an important mechanic of the game. When someone asks you to do or look for something, that topic of conversation gets added to your inventory and you can ask other NPCs about it.

It has a lot of writing - all voice-acted - and sometimes it even felt like the game was too long if you didn't find a particular character interesting. I said that I didn't like how the protagonists were often at odds with each other; a very early-game example is when you play a feral boy who grew up in the woods. You stumble upon a man who asks what you're doing in the woods by yourself, and you can be amiable or guarded in your response; you were just playing that man in the previous chapter, so more likely than not, you would probably prefer them to be friendly, but story-wise, it wouldn't make sense for two complete strangers to be friendly to each other in dangerous woods.

Like the Telltale games, the end of each chapter tells you what you did during crucial decision points, and I don't remember if it told you what other players did.
Reminds me of Baldur's Gate or Divinity Original Sin

I’m gonna assume it means instead of the usual 20% Elite bonus, it’s now 30%, everything else remains the same

The game is based off religious lore. The guy said that he's an atheist but still found it enjoyable and interesting. I don't understand what the issue is. Are you guys just getting triggered to be triggered?
Because us Atheists are the second least trusted group in the United States, if studies by the University of Michigan and several others are to be believed. Muslims only passed us for the bottom spot in 2016. Now we are at second from the bottom, with roughly the same level of trust as convicted rapists...

Edit: OK there was confusion between Pillars of the Earth & Pillars of Eternity, got it.

So at least another week of crappy TIV's? I feel like there's gonna be a SB next weekend, which would suck since there probably won't be a good trade promo until this 30% one is over.

Fml Odyssey is dropping in price at other retailers. I have a feeling it will affect the TIV and we won't get high trade in bonus with a high TIV.

Fml Odyssey is dropping in price at other retailers. I have a feeling it will affect the TIV and we won't get high trade in bonus with a high TIV.
When has pricing at another retailer ever have an effect on GS trade in values The prices on preowned games and inventory of said games are what would effect TIV.

When has pricing at another retailer ever have an effect on GS trade in values The prices on preowned games and inventory of said games are what would effect TIV.
Happens all the time. A recent example is when Ghost Recon Wildlands went on sale at BB for a week. It's TiV dropped like a rock and kept getting lower as the week went on.

You just answered why it does: people are flipping it, increasing their pre-owned supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back