Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else having the GameStop app display 0's for current points and lifetime points in the Rewards section as well as no card activity under Member Activity?

Is anyone else having the GameStop app display 0's for current points and lifetime points in the Rewards section as well as no card activity under Member Activity?
That's just Gamestop's shitty website rearing its ugly head again.

I'm also showing zero points and activity, by the way.

Yeah, but is GTAV finally on sale? I might just cave and pay $60.
GTA was on sale for $20 pre-owned recently

Where were you when it was on sale constantly?

At this point it’d be foolish for you to pay $60. It retails for 39.88 normally at Walmart, andnif you check the second hand market (Craigslist, letgo, Facebook, etc) you’ll find it for cheap. That’s a guarantee

GTA was on sale for $20 pre-owned recently

Where were you when it was on sale constantly?

At this point it’d be foolish for you to pay $60. It retails for 39.88 normally at Walmart, andnif you check the second hand market (Craigslist, letgo, Facebook, etc) you’ll find it for cheap. That’s a guarantee
i believe he was joking

gta5 is much like overwatch, constantly "on sale" for 30$

I found this interesting on the trade page

FREE New Black or White Xbox One Wireless Controller When you trade any system toward the purchase of a New Xbox One X

Valid until 5/27

In case anyone was planning on trading towards an xbox one.

fine print state...

Offer valid only on pre-owned systems, and new accessories only.

​Maybe that means the controller would be new

I found this interesting on the trade page

FREE New Black or White Xbox One Wireless Controller When you trade any system toward the purchase of a New Xbox One X

Valid until 5/27

In case anyone was planning on trading towards an xbox one.

fine print state...

Offer valid only on pre-owned systems, and new accessories only.

​Maybe that means the controller would be new
knowing gamestop they are probably referring to the one in the box of your new xbox one x!

Pro-tip: When buying GCs with TC. Don't ask the sales associate if it works. Just hand them the card, tell them how much you want, and then swipe the TC. 

So are we due for a trade bump this weekend or next? I have Far Cry 5, Tekken 7, & possibly Monster Hunter/NBA 2K18 waiting on a trade bump & I have the God of War coupon expiring soon. Thanks.

Anyone ever lose their pro card with trade credit on it?

I called GS and they sent me a new one, took forever, like 8 weeks.  The new one didn't transfer the balance and they told me it should transfer eventually.  Is that accurate?

So are we due for a trade bump this weekend or next? I have Far Cry 5, Tekken 7, & possibly Monster Hunter/NBA 2K18 waiting on a trade bump & I have the God of War coupon expiring soon. Thanks.
I was thinking this weekend but who knows...it may never happen again

I called GS and they sent me a new one, took forever, like 8 weeks. The new one didn't transfer the balance and they told me it should transfer eventually. Is that accurate?
I think this would be the one situation where you would use the link posted several pages back that shows you how much trade credit you "may" have.

I called GS and they sent me a new one, took forever, like 8 weeks. The new one didn't transfer the balance and they told me it should transfer eventually. Is that accurate?
use the link for lost credit. It will show you am estimated amount you had linked to your account and then it will transfer everything to a digital trade card. The process takes 1-2 days but it'll work.. I did this by accident when people were talking about it a few weeks ago.

I wonder what destructive acquisitions. Are they talking about ThinkGeek or GameTrust or something else?
I don't know that Tiger felt that what was being purchased was in and of itself a bad investment, maybe they did. The way I understood it was a concern about ability to pay dividends which erodes shareholder confidence. Buying/acquiring other companies that don't create revenue with in a sufficient timeframe is dividend money spent. I also believe that's why they were advocating a share buy back program. Reducing the number of shares outstanding increases the dividend per share, which in turn makes the stock more attractive to investors.

I wonder what destructive acquisitions. Are they talking about ThinkGeek or GameTrust or something else?
ThinkGeek was a smart acquisition for Gamestop. They had to do something with the declining sales of physical media in general and competition from Amazon, Best Buy, and other retailers that frequently offer better prices than Gamestop can.

GameTrust I don't believe has been around long enough to truly gauge how good or bad it has done for Gamestop. Based on the games they have published so far they seem to be hit or miss in terms of how well they sell.

The biggest issue with Gamestop is how they constantly make boneheaded business decisions from the Circle of Life debacle to the recent uproar over some used game prices (particularly Switch games) going up to a $56.99 without a Pro or Elite Pro card. These are just poor business decisions. I've said multiple times in the past including when I worked for Gamestop that they should look into converting some of these stores into Retro Gamestops and carry only retro games and newer retro themed merchandise that they already sell in ThinkGeek and Gamestop stores.

A lot of areas do not have many local video game stores and the ones that do usually don't have more than a handful at best. There is definitely a market for retro games and with so many Gamestop stores being right next to each other it makes sense to me. I feel like they are leaving a ton of money on the table by not embracing the past.

So with the PUR coupon & Elite Pro, God of War would trade in for $45 currently if it’s base is $25, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back