Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the print/PDF add you get a bonus b2g1 if you open a PUR account on pro day. But it's only good for one weekend.
Can someone please clarify whether or not the B2G1 works on multiple sets? I read one response that it worked a week ago and one more recent that said it worked on only one set. I would love to know so I can go into Pro day with enough Trade to really get some good stuff.

Can someone please clarify whether or not the B2G1 works on multiple sets? I read one response that it worked a week ago and one more recent that said it worked on only one set. I would love to know so I can go into Pro day with enough Trade to really get some good stuff.
Last time I used one about 4 - 6 weeks ago I was able to get 5 sets, 15 games. There seems to have been many reports of it working multiple sets but only one report of it only working on one set max.

You can always say no at the register if the deal doesn't work for you.

Ugh.... Sounds like no more GCU at Bestbuy. They are honoring current memberships, but no renewing. This will make flips and transfers even tougher.

So it shows on the last page of the ad some Xbox Digital Games for 70% off, Battlefront II and Madden show $18, lowest I've seen on PSN or XBL is $24.99, people seem to still be pissed at EA for all their crap but might be worth at that price...

Was interested in Shadow of War and P5 but I suspect there is a complete or gold edition coming soon. There is dlc that was rumored for SoW and Atlus would be foolish to not shoot for a P5 Golden/GOTY like they did P3 given the popularity of that title. Pass.

So - since I already have Elite, what will I get for trading in some games tomorrow? It looks like an extra 10% overall, but with that stack up with the 40% for PSN credit trade deal? Making a total of 50% bonus over regular? Someone please school me.

Probably will get Shadow of War. Maybe Has Been Heroes as well if it's good to pad out a tiered trade later. Is the Switch version generally the one that retains most value?

So - since I already have Elite, what will I get for trading in some games tomorrow? It looks like an extra 10% overall, but with that stack up with the 40% for PSN credit trade deal? Making a total of 50% bonus over regular? Someone please school me.
Extra 10% won't stack with anything. 30% will be the default if you are using no other promo.

Pretty lame sale. The only thing that would interest me would be Shadow of War for $10, which the only place with new copies will be GS.com and will sell out quickly. And, I already have that game, still sealed, never played.

The only other thing I would consider is Witcher Complete for $20, still not an electric deal... but, ok if you have a ton of credit and just want to throw it into the backlog.

Otherwise, let’s be real, this is lame AF.

thank CHRIST gta5 and overwatch are finally on sale for a limited time only

only 30$ each! better grab them while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welp, no bump and no good trade promos. Hopefully something good this summer.
Last May trades were great. Then June and July trades were out of this world. So going off last year in comparison, we're already behind big time. Past 2 months have been utter garbage, and I would even argue that besides the switch 50% extra tic coupon 2-ish months ago, there hasn't really been any super fantastic game trade ins in 2018.

So no 2 day shipping for elite members on Pro day deals? I have yakuza 0, shadow of war, and dying light in my cart and they are charging shipping :(

So no 2 day shipping for elite members on Pro day deals? I have yakuza 0, shadow of war, and dying light in my cart and they are charging shipping :(
I had Shadow of War plus some other stuff to get my total over $35 and had free 2-day shipping available. Maybe log out then back in again?

I had Shadow of War plus some other stuff to get my total over $35 and had free 2-day shipping available. Maybe log out then back in again?
Thanks that worked. Glad i got this purchase out of the way instead of having to drive in tomorrow.

So it shows on the last page of the ad some Xbox Digital Games for 70% off, Battlefront II and Madden show $18, lowest I've seen on PSN or XBL is $24.99, people seem to still be pissed at EA for all their crap but might be worth at that price...
Madden was around $19.xx during the Super Bowl for their special Super Bowl Edition that was bundled with MUT packs.

Last May trades were great. Then June and July trades were out of this world. So going off last year in comparison, we're already behind big time. Past 2 months have been utter garbage, and I would even argue that besides the switch 50% extra tic coupon 2-ish months ago, there hasn't really been any super fantastic game trade ins in 2018.
$45 trade for God of War 1 month after release is notable.

Was interested in Shadow of War and P5 but I suspect there is a complete or gold edition coming soon. There is dlc that was rumored for SoW and Atlus would be foolish to not shoot for a P5 Golden/GOTY like they did P3 given the popularity of that title. Pass.
There is already a digital UE for Persona 5 that just has costumes & Persona from past games to fuse. If they make a new version it will be a wholly separate game as P3 FES/P3P & P4G were.

The ad says extra 50% percent off clearance collectables, but none of the ones I put in my cart get any more than 30% off? It defiantly says 50% not up to 50%

The ad says extra 50% percent off clearance collectables, but none of the ones I put in my cart get any more than 30% off? It defiantly says 50% not up to 50%
Pretty sure it says 50% off Toys and Apparel. I gave up looking online after trying at least 10 though.

Already drove by 3 Gamestops. The traffic around them is horrendous. Police guiding traffic into Gamestop shopping centers, idk if they're news or police helicopters, but they're lingering overhead. Pro Day is always insanity at it's best.

hoping to find shadow of colossus and for honor sealed in store today...

was gonna get street fighter v arcade but already have 5...read online that its a free update? but what about the extra characters? can you get those with points etc you earn in game? ...haven't opened street fighter v yet :p so i have no idea anyone know? thanks

was gonna get street fighter v arcade but already have 5...read online that its a free update? but what about the extra characters? can you get those with points etc you earn in game? ...haven't opened street fighter v yet :p so i have no idea anyone know? thanks
Do you of course, but I would hold off on For Honor. Player base is small

My store isn't allowing me to buy a Home Depot card with trade credit.  I never had to do this before, so could someone tell me how to turn my credit into a gift card?  I believe I saw it mentioned a few times before with Amazon cards.  Thanks.

Do you of course, but I would hold off on For Honor. Player base is small
i honestly was going to buy it for the campaign... haha i heard its like 8 hours max but i dont play online anyways..i played the demo and it was fun :)..is the campaign like 8 hours? or 6 at least...yes im the type that played call of duty for the single player campaign :p

My store isn't allowing me to buy a Home Depot card with trade credit. I never had to do this before, so could someone tell me how to turn my credit into a gift card? I believe I saw it mentioned a few times before with Amazon cards. Thanks.
you can't buy gift cards with gift cards..been that way for a while

i honestly was going to buy it for the campaign... haha i heard its like 8 hours max but i dont play online anyways..i played the demo and it was fun :)..is the campaign like 8 hours? or 6 at least...yes im the type that played call of duty for the single player campaign :p
Dont really remember length, but it's interesting. 3 sections, Vikings, Knights, and Samurais. I got the gold edition when it came out (RIP GCU) and the season pass gave the full game digitally, so I traded disc in next day

you can't buy gift cards with gift cards..been that way for a while
He said credit twice.

My store isn't allowing me to buy a Home Depot card with trade credit. I never had to do this before, so could someone tell me how to turn my credit into a gift card? I believe I saw it mentioned a few times before with Amazon cards. Thanks.
I haven't tried very recently (maybe two months ago), but there had some posts about changes to what you can buy. The gas cards, reloadable cash, and Amazon cards are out, but everything else should work in the POS with credit. YMMV if the store doesn't want to let you, though.

Would GameStop allow me to price adjust? I just bought the Thrustmaster 150 pro wheel 2 days ago and now it’s $50 off.
There's a 30 day return policy on new accessories, whether it has been opened or not. It could depend on the employee, we all know how some can be, but I've never had an issue with getting the lower price.

Go to another store. I bought $400 worth last Saturday and Sunday.

Just double checking (and informing others) since it was mentioned before, but PUR rewards coupons don't work on Pro Day sales.

Pretty sure it says 50% off Toys and Apparel. I gave up looking online after trying at least 10 though.
The prices online reflect the 30% discount that has been running for a couple of weeks now, so they're just taking the remaining 20% off the original price to make it 50% off.

SFV you can unlock everything in game, but it will take a while. The new version on shelves includes the first two seasons of characters. Story mode and other things are part of the free updates. Neck of a deal if you want multiple new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back