Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my local store and could tell the employees are in for a rough day.  They had 5 copies each of PS4/X1 Shadow of War and I grabbed the last copy of Persona 5 they had(had to get stuck with display copy).  If they're that limited on stuff when they open, they're going to get pissed off customers later on today when they run out.

Placed an online order for Shadow of War and Invisible Hours for PS4, along with Stern Pinball and Poi Explorer Edition for Switch.  Now let's see how many of them actually come new/sealed.....

Typical GS on Pro Day can't even checkout right now, keep getting "We're sorry, something went wrong" Can't even make it to the store today because I'm traveling, not that I'd want to..

Despite the fact that there is inclement weather here, I braved the flood waters and went to GameStop when they opened this morning. I bought the following:

Yakuza 0 for PS4 - $29.99
One Piece: Burning Blood for Xbox One - $9.99
Shadow of War for Xbox One - $9.99
Marvel Legends Old Man Logan figure - $11.49

One Piece was the only one that was gutted because it was the last copy. I passed on For Honor for Xbox One since it was a 40 gb game, and I don't have room for it on my Xbox One. Pro tip: if you walk straight to the counter without handing them the shelf copy, they will give you one from the drawer and it will likely be factory sealed.

Of course, the associate tried to get me to upgrade from Pro to Elite and asked about warranties on each game, but I politely declined. But yes, the clearance collectibles rang up for 50% off with no problem.

And I got home before the levees broke. I don't know if we have levees here or if they were even going to break, but I didn't want to take a chance.

Edit: Son of a bitch. Shadow of War is 50 gb.

Well the website crashed while I was looking around at deals. The $15 Persona 3 PS3 version looked nice. I had picked it up at Walmart for $30 a couple months back because it seemed to be out of stock everywhere.

Other than shadow of war for 9.99. I'm not seeing anything super spectacular for me personally. I was hoping to get extra trade credit for Mario +rabbids to get the eshop gold edition. I just have the pro card so it doesn't look feasible right now.

Anyone else having any issues with redeeming gift cards on the site? Every time I attempt to enter the 2 cards I have, it says "invalid". When I call the 888 number, it tries to send me to customer service aka oblivion times infinity aka please hold forever.

Ah, n/m. Realized per the c/s agent that it was a glitch on their site which they are still working on. Said they would email me a new gift card code today. Alrighty then.

got shadow of war ps4 and has been heroes on the switch, qualified for free 2 day shipping, $21.74, not too bad

Just a heads up. The 10% Pro Day bonus on trades did not stack with the God of War coupon. It was on there before I added the coupon (25+7.50=32.50) but after the coupon it returns to 20% for a total of 45.00. Remember that coupon expires tomorrow.

I went right at opening, grabbed shadow of war, South Park, and street fighter V arcade (all games I've owned and traded at a profit in the past) as well as Don't Starve Mega Pack (Xbox of course, don't get the PS4 version) which was a "new" game but since it doesn't have any codes (everything unlocks with the disc) and came with the controller skin anyway didn't matter to me.

Pretty sure the Stick of Truth code in the Fractured But Whole Xbox version is still good. No expiration date on the card that I can see. I believe the PS4 one is now expired. If you haven't played either yet, can highly recommend them both for $20.

Just a heads up. The 10% Pro Day bonus on trades did not stack with the God of War coupon. It was on there before I added the coupon (25+7.50=32.50) but after the coupon it returns to 20% for a total of 45.00. Remember that coupon expires tomorrow.
Was just about to ask about this. Have been getting jerked around as usual on craigslist/FB markeplace. Some generous soul offered to trade Call of Duty WWII for God of War :roll:

Just went in to buy Shadow of War and had the cashier bring me out a pre-owned copy for the price of $24. Never experienced such an open attempt at shafting in my life. Had to politely ask her "is pre-owned part of the Pro day sale?" to which her coworker responded no. She then proceeded to behave rudely the rest of the transaction.

No wonder GS has a shit reputation. 

Just went in to buy Shadow of War and had the cashier bring me out a pre-owned copy for the price of $24. Never experienced such an open attempt at shafting in my life. Had to politely ask her "is pre-owned part of the Pro day sale?" to which her coworker responded no. She then proceeded to behave rudely the rest of the transaction.

Pre-owned is $7 less tho.

Edit: welp I'm dumb.

Anyone else get lucky with sealed games? I was able to get sealed copies of both Street Fighter Arcade and Burnout Paradise. I called my store ahead of time yesterday to ask them if they had sealed copies.

Best deal I've seen on Pro Day was the price error on the Yeti + AC: Origins, was incorrectly applying a $50 off to the price it was supposed to 'get to', so it was taking $50 off $100 or so, good steal if anyone got it

Placed an online order for Shadow of War and Invisible Hours for PS4, along with Stern Pinball and Poi Explorer Edition for Switch. Now let's see how many of them actually come new/sealed.....
I bought Invisible Hours the last time it was on sale for the same price and it came gutted. I haven't bought Poi but that's another one that might come gutted as well.

I was trying to burn off some of my credit on the buy a $60 Netflix GC, get a $10 Gamestop GC free.  It won't work.  No matter how they ring it up.  The guy called three other stores and no one has a clue on how to get it to work.  They said I should get it in an email so I bought it, but nope.  Nothing.

I went right at opening, grabbed shadow of war, South Park, and street fighter V arcade (all games I've owned and traded at a profit in the past) as well as Don't Starve Mega Pack (Xbox of course, don't get the PS4 version) which was a "new" game but since it doesn't have any codes (everything unlocks with the disc) and came with the controller skin anyway didn't matter to me.

Pretty sure the Stick of Truth code in the Fractured But Whole Xbox version is still good. No expiration date on the card that I can see. I believe the PS4 one is now expired. If you haven't played either yet, can highly recommend them both for $20.
GoW coupon says it's valid 4/21 - 5/22.

If anyone's store still has a copy of Just Dance 2018 for PS3 for $19.99, I'll gladly PayPal that person. My 4 & 5 year old just had me blowing the dust off the Move controllers last weekend, and $20 is a good deal for new copy.

Best deal I've seen on Pro Day was the price error on the Yeti + AC: Origins, was incorrectly applying a $50 off to the price it was supposed to 'get to', so it was taking $50 off $100 or so, good steal if anyone got it
I’m wondering if they will honor the online orders placed before the correction...

I stopped by and found a Persona 5 PS3 version. None of the employees realized it was on sale for $15 and it was still on the shelf with a $30 price sticker.

I’m wondering if they will honor the online orders placed before the correction...
I got my Yeti from the Yeti + Watchdogs price error, tbh surprised it happened again and nobody noticed til late in the morning, they did honor and ship a lot of those orders

Damn again I missed out on it I wonder if it got fixed in store

Damn again I missed out on it I wonder if it got fixed in store
probably, the first I noticed anyone say anything about it being messed up again was at like 9 this morning, I didn't think to look / didn't have a pro account to check with til I got out of bed

Is this a fake (look how pixeled the artwork is):

NZ74PHc.jpg

Anybody who bought the game please comment.

Maybe you should fill out her survey “rudely” lol

I stopped by and found a Persona 5 PS3 version. None of the employees realized it was on sale for $15 and it was still on the shelf with a $30 price sticker.
Wouldn’t it only be on sale today and only with a pro or elite membership? Doesn’t seem like they’d put a new sticker on that they’d have to replace tomorrow or sell to a random non-member.

Has anyone been able to redeem a $ off coupon on something discounted for Pro Day? I’d like to get a copy of Burnout Paradise Remastered for $5 after using a $15 off coupon.

hoping to find shadow of colossus and for honor sealed in store today...

was gonna get street fighter v arcade but already have 5...read online that its a free update? but what about the extra characters? can you get those with points etc you earn in game? ...haven't opened street fighter v yet :p so i have no idea anyone know? thanks
Street Fighter V Arcade retail copy is a vanilla disk with different artwork & a code to get the first two seasons of DLC characters for free. Each season of characters costs $30 each.

As Sielanas said, all the updates outside of characters are free.

Has anyone been able to redeem a $ off coupon on something discounted for Pro Day? I’d like to get a copy of Burnout Paradise Remastered for $5 after using a $15 off coupon.
Tried a $10 off when purchasing Shadow and Shadow. Didn't do anything to the price so I had them remove it from the transaction.

It's too late for people on the East Coast, but a post in the Gamestop subreddit says that the B2G1 coupon for next weekend is for anyone who buys any featured item in the ad, not just from renewing or signing up for PUR. If that's true, Pro Day is pretty good this time around. No idea if website orders are eligible for the coupon.

Anyone recommend portal knights?
I enjoyed it, but if you have the option I'd recommend it for Switch over the other consoles because inventory management is a huge pain without the touchscreen. It's not revolutionary or anything, but if you're a fan of the genre you'll probably like it.

It's too late for people on the East Coast, but a post in the Gamestop subreddit says that the B2G1 coupon for next weekend is for anyone who buys any featured item in the ad, not just from renewing or signing up for PUR. If that's true, Pro Day is pretty good this time around. No idea if website orders are eligible for the coupon.
Just renewed elite today specifically to get an extra (2 total) B2G1 coupons. On the brightside I bought items at more than one store, so hopefully I'll get a few b2g1 coupons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back