Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
When is the last time they had a non-coupon, non-prestige day B2G1? It seems like forever ago. I feel like they aren't doing them anymore. 

So did GameStop change their return policy regarding the B2G1 coupon?
I wasn’t allowed to exchange any games today. All I could do is return and eat the loss as if I never used the coupon.
I’ve always used my B2G1 as a means of trying out games until I find a few I actually want to keep because I’m indecisive with everything. It kinda bummed me out today, but honestly I kinda commend them for fixing a loophole they had, i worked Loss Prevention for over a decade and I never understood why they left it wide open for exploitation like they did.
But should I call and complain... I know the manager very well and if one of his employees was in the wrong he would def fix it... I just don’t wanna complain without reason, I basically lost out on B2G1 and the return policy listed on my receipt doesn’t state anything regarding coupons.
Icemagician, is this your alt?

If overwatch flash sale is $20 for the digital Xbox version. I will buy it and trade my physical copy in.
Sometimes I want to be lazy and not get my but off the couch to swap games and movies lol.

Next marketing kit has get $80 bucks for ps3 towards a new ps4 again. Also, 25% trade bump on systems traded in. These start monday.

No flips for the Overwatch guaranteed $20, closest you get is Skyrim and KH Remix at $22.39.
Unless GS is playing some sick game they have 309 games that appear to be scheduled for a bump this weekend....most of which are already on that list.

Next marketing kit has get $80 bucks for ps3 towards a new ps4 again. Also, 25% trade bump on systems traded in. These start monday.
Do you know if the $80 bucks for a PS3 also would work towards a new Xbox One X? I have been waiting to get rid of a PS3 I have, but I have two PS4s so I don't think I need a third one. I do need an Xbox One X though.

Do you know if the $80 bucks for a PS3 also would work towards a new Xbox One X? I have been waiting to get rid of a PS3 I have, but I have two PS4s so I don't think I need a third one. I do need an Xbox One X though.
Marketing only states the ps4 gets you the bump to $80

You could trade towards a PS4 with your PS3, get a gift receipt, and then have someone else exchange it for an X1X.

If you enter mwtmay18 into the trades page you get 309 titles, so those games will likely be bumped by Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my “Pro/Elite Day B2G1” active offer coupon.

Valid may 25 thru 28 (says 27 and fine print says 28th)

Doesn’t seem to limit to one set of three.

Will be valid for the bump weekend and any Memorial Day sales they might be having

I never trade in stuff but I have a question regarding the promos. Search isn't working for me on here so here goes:

If I trade in a bunch of old controllers, and then just buy a $20 PSN card, will I get the 40% bonus for every single item I trade in?

Interesting. Where did you find out about this string of characters? I’m hoping we get a bump this weekend. Been a while.
The mwt is most wanted trades and then month and year. That was the format to check what titles were bumped for the one in April and probably past months too.

I don’t see too many games on the list that I have in my trade box, but hopefully there will be some flips.

Interesting. Where did you find out about this string of characters? I’m hoping we get a bump this weekend. Been a while.
This has been passed around in the thread before. In short, when we get the bump email and you click on the "click here" button it's the search term used to generate the list of games. The MMMYY part of the search term is the only part of the string that will change. Next month it will be mtwjun18 (not sure if it's case sensitive), and someone will again ask where it came from.

Good to know about the bump games. I too got the B2G1 coupon in my active offer. I bought a clearance statue. Seems if you buy something on Pro Day, you will get the coupon.

You could trade towards a PS4 with your PS3, get a gift receipt, and then have someone else exchange it for an X1X.
True, that isn't a bad idea. I honestly don't have the extra funds currently to cover the rest of the Xbox One X though so I will just wait and get one later. I'll probably just end up trading the PS3 in for $50 and picking up Detroit: Become Human. I paid next to nothing for the PS3 so I won't be out anything at $50 and at least I will get a game I want for next to nothing.

Hitman: The Complete First Season is $10 at Redbox. Currently ps4 and xb1 trades in for $13.20 with Elite Pro. Hopefully there's a stealth bump this weekend. 

True, that isn't a bad idea. I honestly don't have the extra funds currently to cover the rest of the Xbox One X though so I will just wait and get one later. I'll probably just end up trading the PS3 in for $50 and picking up Detroit: Become Human. I paid next to nothing for the PS3 so I won't be out anything at $50 and at least I will get a game I want for next to nothing.
You should probably wait until next week to do that, if the 25% extra trade in for consoles is indeed happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back