Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed a big order online for new games, and the majority of the games I got weren't actually new; just "GameStop new." :bomb:  Any advice on perhaps the best way to minimize returns, or does anyone know the return limit (number of items / $ amount)? Trading in a majority of the games instead isn't an option because I'd be taking on a loss.

I rarely have done returns at GameStop, but I read in the news this past week that retail stores in general (GameStop wasn't mentioned) can ban customers for too many returns and I'd like to avoid causing an issue.

If you buy a game online and just exchange it for the same title/condition in the store, does GameStop even have to process a return? YMMV?

Thanks for any info.

Placed a big order online for new games, and the majority of the games I got weren't actually new; just "GameStop new." :bomb: Any advice on perhaps the best way to minimize returns, or does anyone know the return limit (number of items / $ amount)? Trading in a majority of the games instead isn't an option because I'd be taking on a loss.

I rarely have done returns at GameStop, but I read in the news this past week that retail stores in general (GameStop wasn't mentioned) can ban customers for too many returns and I'd like to avoid causing an issue.

If you buy a game online and just exchange it for the same title/condition in the store, does GameStop even have to process a return? YMMV?

Thanks for any info.
You are well within your right to return games that Gamestop advertised as new but sent open. In fact, more people need to do that.

Regarding returns and retailers in general I'm guessing Gamestop is one of the safer ones. They advertise returns of used games for any reasons and many Gametop employees have pushed that as a means to try out any used game and return it if you don't like it.

Retailers that definitely track returns include Amazon and Best Buy (through The Retail Equation, now renamed to something else I forget).

Retailers that may track returns through their own tracking system include Walmart, Target and Gamestop but as far as I know no one has been banned for excessive returns from them as long as they were legitimate (with receipt). Returns without receipt, if allowed, will get you banned if done excessively.

Placed a big order online for new games, and the majority of the games I got weren't actually new; just "GameStop new." :bomb: Any advice on perhaps the best way to minimize returns, or does anyone know the return limit (number of items / $ amount)? Trading in a majority of the games instead isn't an option because I'd be taking on a loss.

Thanks for any info.
Response is long so i used tags.

You can return any items purchased online in store. Unfortunately, gamestop.com and the retail locations are not connected like may retailers and their websites. So you would probably return for a gift card and then use that gift card to by new from the brick and mortar. At least that's been my experience.

They'll probably give you the "They are new. They've never been played." spiel. I would just politely tell them you were purchasing these as gifts and would like to present them in factory sealed unopened condition.

If you have any issues just say thank you for trying and walk out with the games. Then go to the next location and watch them process the transaction with no qualms. Just because one employee is a jerk doesn't mean they all will be that way. Just make sure you don't get yourself flagged/noticed and you should be able to get it done. Numerous people have been told no by some employee at a location, then later gone back to the same location and had a different employee complete the same request.

In general gamestop employees don't like returns because they go against them as a negative sales metric. however its likely that a return and rebuy is a net zero transaction so not as bad as a return.

As far as a number of items or dollar limit It's likely LP has some limit but I'm not sure what that is or if that limit has been discussed in the thread before. I would use the trade limit 30 day rolling total of $2k as a reference. and if you don't do it for another 30 days after you should be okay. Any LP metrics usually involve $ value, Number of items, frequency of returns. However, it's possible and this has been especially true of Gamestop, LP metrics are not very robust. In other words they may not cross-reference your purchase history, the fact that you re-bought the item you returned, or the like that would give them the full picture. They may only see 5 returns in 30 days and decide to ban. All of those may be legitimate returns but 4 is the limit so they ban you.

If you get banned you may be able to appeal but I certainly get that that is what you're trying to avoid in the first place.

Hope that helps some.

Amazing day for me. Turns out the store closest to my house is having a Memorial weekend B2G1 all pre-owned sale AND 50% TRADE IN BONUS! Lead said it's because they're prestige and we're right next to a military base. Turned $100 credit and $22 cash into $272 credit.
i'm looking to use my B2G1 Coupon to flip from GS --> GS, what were some of the games you've flipped?

Don’t see a lot of folks talking about this current promo...

GET $20 GUARANTEED WHEN TRADING SELECT TITLES TOWARD OVERWATCH

I have a couple ellilgible games that trades in for like $10 normally, so this might be a good way to increase your trade in value as Overwatch base value is $15.

Don’t see a lot of folks talking about this current promo...

GET $20 GUARANTEED WHEN TRADING SELECT TITLES TOWARD OVERWATCH

I have a couple ellilgible games that trades in for like $10 normally, so this might be a good way to increase your trade in value as Overwatch base value is $15.
will all games bump to $20 in the trade as long as they're eligible? I think I saw some of those games kocked down pretty cheap with the 60% off at toysrus. Might have to go do that, trade in towards overwatch, then trade overwatch in to another store for a $10 psn card to get $21 with 40%

No need to cry. Same thing happened to me so I called them up. Gave them my order# and they gave me a B2G1 code no questions asked. I had ordered online but I'm sure if you have you have your receipt it's the same thing.
Thanks! I did this. Didn't get asked for order number. Press 1 then 1 for PUR

No need to cry. Same thing happened to me so I called them up. Gave them my order# and they gave me a B2G1 code no questions asked. I had ordered online but I'm sure if you have you have your receipt it's the same thing.
You're the real mvp. I just did this for my online order and they gave me a code. Thank you!

Does anyone know the expiration date for the B2G1?

Was planning to unload a ton of games this weekend, but they're 90% last gen games, which are few and far between on the SB list.  I've gotta think there will be at least one more good last gen bump, particularly on the sports games - I'm just pissed I missed the last one by a day.

Just a heads up now you can pre-order preowned copies of Mario Tennis Aces on Gamestop.com for in store pick up on release. Maybe you'll get a gutted copy on Day 1.

Was just about to pack up God of War Collection for vita to trade today since it was bumped... and then I saw what they are going for on eBay. Crazy. 

Just a heads up now you can pre-order preowned copies of Mario Tennis Aces on Gamestop.com for in store pick up on release. Maybe you'll get a gutted copy on Day 1.
Even though you can see a list of your area's stores and the "pre-order" wording on the page for the used version, I don't think you can do anything further--I don't see any option to actually preorder a used copy at any of the stores.

I’m thinking about boomeranging for a $18 god of war and $160 of points...traded in my new copy for $49 but didn’t finish playing

I was given four codes for legendary Pokemon for Sun, Ultra Sun, Moon or Ultra Moon.  Please PM if you are interested in one of the codes.  The names of the Pokemon are Tveltal or Xerneas, it sounds like they have been passing them out at Gamestop for a little while so they are probably not that special.  I don't know anything about them but would like to give them away if any one has a use for them.

Edit:  All gone.

FYI for those of you in the Kansas City area.
The Stateline (Martin City) Target has a METRIC TON of Nioh for $5.98 in the PS4 case. As in I could not count them all.

In the Clearance endcap by the games, they have multiple copies of The Last Guardian as well, also for $5.98. A ton of them are loose in the case, though.

find a store with the 3 highest value switch games, there’s your boomerang. Type switch on the trade values page and it’ll show you which games they are in order of trade value

I think a certain somebody felt threatened by the fact BB could have potentially diverted traffic away from this site.
I mean... I would have followed him elsewhere given the opportunity... He provided more actionable information then all other users on CaG combined. The dude made me thousands of dollars.

FWIW, I used Nioh, Dirt 4, Paranormal Activity VR, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, Overwatch, and Project Cars to move credit from BB to GS. With BB doing away with using trade credit to purchase third party gift cards, I'd rather have GS credit. Transfers are only worth it with GCU (RIP).

FYI for those of you in the Kansas City area.
The Stateline (Martin City) Target has a METRIC TON of Nioh for $5.98 in the PS4 case. As in I could not count them all.

In the Clearance endcap by the games, they have multiple copies of The Last Guardian as well, also for $5.98. A ton of them are loose in the case, though.
Well probably too late for me now lol. Damn it.

Target(s) near me is oos on both Nioh and The Last Guardian. But I did find a second Pro Day B2G1 on my other account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back