Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - YMMV based on your store taking redbox titles

Hitman For PS4 on sale for 9.99 - trade base of $20 at gamestop.

Rocket league (Xbox and PS4) and Tomb Raid  (PS4) are worth mentioning as well.

They had 3, whoever from here got the other 20 something beat me there. More power to them. ;)
I figured you would still score some - I couldn't believe they had two separate rows of copies when I got there. Made me wonder if all the stores in Johnson County for some reason shipped their copies there for liquidation.

Update, it's now been 48 hours+ since I ordered a PSN code on gamestop.com. Several calls today and it went from will arrive in 15-20 minutes to 2-24 hours.

Warning to CAGS NEVER buy digital goods from gamestop.com if you can avoid it

Anyone have issues with points being taken? I had an issue tonight. My points were redeemed for a 50 dollar digital card at 8:55pm. I contacted GameStop.com due to store being closed. They said they can't track where my points were redeemed from. I obviously didn't do it as I was home at the time. The only places I give my number or information to are my two stores. Just seems very odd. 5 mins before store closing if it was random thing why would it be exactly right before the store closes.

a few b2g1 boomers for $23.99 elite used / trade-in for $24.50 after bonus... minimal gains I know.

cooking mama sweet shop
mario kart 7
escapists 2 ps4
nioh
mgs v: definitive ps4

I used b2g1 for 3 switch games and then just traded them back in. About 25 to the good just have to find a store with 3 high value switch games in stock pre owned. Use the stock check online a lot of times they have games either they just got or some one has been to lazy to make a box for one traded in lately

Anyone have issues with points being taken? I had an issue tonight. My points were redeemed for a 50 dollar digital card at 8:55pm. I contacted GameStop.com due to store being closed. They said they can't track where my points were redeemed from. I obviously didn't do it as I was home at the time. The only places I give my number or information to are my two stores. Just seems very odd. 5 mins before store closing if it was random thing why would it be exactly right before the store closes.
I don't think stores can redeem your points from the tablet, somebody must've gone into your account. If you use the same login info for a site that was compromised, they usually check it on other websites and sell the points/coupons. You can check at https://haveibeenpwned.com/

The new stickers are terrrible and can’t be peeled off nicely. I didn’t bother peeling off my boomerangs. Not sure why GS is actively making preowned unappealing with a $57 price point and a sticky mess lol

The new stickers are terrrible and can’t be peeled off nicely. I didn’t bother peeling off my boomerangs. Not sure why GS is actively making preowned unappealing with a $57 price point and a sticky mess lol
yeah im getting the same thing, gamestop stickers from the last 5 days are not peeling off clean

Same problem here. For once, I'm glad that they stack stickers on top of each other, since the bottom stickers are still easy to remove.

Sooo, the overwatch trade promo is no longer listed on their site, but I could’ve sworn it was good until 5/28. Anyone know if it’s still active?

Sooo, the overwatch trade promo is no longer listed on their site, but I could’ve sworn it was good until 5/28. Anyone know if it’s still active?
Well considering that the price of the game jumped from $20 yesterday to $30 today. Its no longer a good deal regardless if the trade promo is still good. Not to mention 98% of the list of games already traded for more than $20 to begin with.

I see that the base tiv for a basic ps4 has dropped $25

must be getting ready for the 25% bonus that is supposed to start Monday.

There was a report on here recently that the renewal one didn't work on multiples anymore. Just one report though. I try to warn people not to abuse the hell out of thoses so that we can keep it this way as long as possible. It does seem like Gamestop is making lots of changes lately though.
Mine worked as of the 26th, on pro day.

Amazing day for me. Turns out the store closest to my house is having a Memorial weekend B2G1 all pre-owned sale AND 50% TRADE IN BONUS! Lead said it's because they're prestige and we're right next to a military base. Turned $100 credit and $22 cash into $272 credit.
Did u need a military I'd to get in... I'm going to San Diego 2morrow and would stop by if it's open to the public

Was just about to pack up God of War Collection for vita to trade today since it was bumped... and then I saw what they are going for on eBay. Crazy.
Every Vita game is skyrocketing b/c of the announcement of he end of physical Vita game production in the West by end of March 19

Has anyone traded in overwatch GOTY edition? They only show origins in trade offers.
I traded it in - picked it up for $16 with gcu the other day, didn’t care for it and traded it to gs today for 21.

The disc says goty on it - came with a code for 10 lootboxes (which I kept).

I know we’re allowed 4 games per 30 days, what about controllers?
Same deal. Know a guy who got banned for trading in one too many.

Decent switch and 3ds games were almost non-existent in all the stores I went to this weekend. A dude at the local prestige store told me they're having a prestige day next weekend so hopefully there are some better deals by then.

Anyone else have their local Gamestop go in and out of Prestige status. The Gamestop that I go to is only Prestige for a couple of months and then turns back into a regular store. I know it is based on survey taking, but it just seems odd (Prestige one day, regular the next).

Anyone else have their local Gamestop go in and out of Prestige status. The Gamestop that I go to is only Prestige for a couple of months and then turns back into a regular store. I know it is based on survey taking, but it just seems odd (Prestige one day, regular the next).
It's based on the previous quarter.

Its 4 of anything(same sku/item)

happened to one of locals near me, seems they are pretty bummed to lose prestige, apparently its based on surveys, which is quite interesting considering the recent influx of new, possibly summer help, who all seem to be over zealous jd associates ever eager to make it an unpleasant shopping experience

Tried to return and rebuy and use the b2g1 coupon but got a weird excuse saying they can’t return the games. I’m guessing it hurts the dudes numbers

Tried to return and rebuy and use the b2g1 coupon but got a weird excuse saying they can’t return the games. I’m guessing it hurts the dudes numbers
so just a return might affect their col numbers, but if you were to do a rr, it should negate itself, the guy was probaly bs, I was just told yesterday, when asking about finding 3 good switch games that i could buy one someplace else do a return then do the b2g1, they even offered to hold 2 games while i went get the other one

Its 4 of anything(same sku/item)

happened to one of locals near me, seems they are pretty bummed to lose prestige, apparently its based on surveys, which is quite interesting considering the recent influx of new, possibly summer help, who all seem to be over zealous jd associates ever eager to make it an unpleasant shopping experience
I read before that controllers might be exempt since they expect multiple when trading in but don't quote me on that.

GameStop has GTA V for PC at $19.79
That is the lowest I a have ever seen that game. I have it for xbox 1 debating whether to pick it up for that price. The criminal bundle with cash house and cars is 34.00 Not a bad starter bundle. reg price says 84.00

Looks like just a reworking of the overmatch promo they were running. Guaranteed 20.00 for a bunch of things that are worth more than 20.00. Go enjoy your holiday everyone.

GET $20 GUARANTEED WHEN TRADING SELECT TITLES TOWARD ANY NEW PRE-ORDER OR PURCHASE. 

This is the new promo.  Does anyone know what selected titles are guaranteed the $20??? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back