Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
ANYTHING except Amazon, EBay, gas, Visa.
Funny you mentioned gas cards. I used to see people come in all the time for cash trades to get "gas money" once the gas cards were available. I don't remember anyone using the I need gas money line because they really wanted the cash for w/e random reason.

not sure how relevant it will be for this year’s promos but I remember the 70% extra/B2G1 happening late June last year. I believe someone mentioned some marketing materials for this year saying 6/26 or something similar.

Any chance GS will price match the $50 Sony Days of Play discount Friday on a week old purchase? Somehow I missed all of the info on the upcoming Days of Play sale and would hate to have spent $50 extra to have my Pro one extra week lol.

Any chance GS will price match the $50 Sony Days of Play discount Friday on a week old purchase? Somehow I missed all of the info on the upcoming Days of Play sale and would hate to have spent $50 extra to have my Pro one extra week lol.
Take this with a grain of salt, but I asked a manager about that last week, he said they will be bringing it down to 350.

EDIT: Just checked the ad, it is 350.

Anyone ever have issues using a trade card online? It worked last time I was in store but now on the website it’s coming up as invalid (I’ve checked multiple times.) Is this just Gamestop’s awful website being awful or something else?

Anyone ever have issues using a trade card online? It worked last time I was in store but now on the website it’s coming up as invalid (I’ve checked multiple times.) Is this just Gamestop’s awful website being awful or something else?
Because the site's error messaging isn't very helpful it's hard to say. As an alternative you could try an in store web order. You should be able to pay with trade credit that way. Especially if it worked in store before.

As I said, the problem was the website gives no indication that the over $35 for Free Shipping is for Pro Elite members only.

This is the link to the page it's displayed

https://www.gamestop.com/deals

Which shows this

948x300_Free_Shipping_35_Value.jpg

When you click the details, you get this

https://www.gamestop.com/preowned

It doesn't say anything about needing a Elite Pro, or even a Pro membership to get this deal, so I thought it was broken/giving me issues.

Anyways, thank you for clearing it up all.

Gamestop ad,  trade in a Dualshock 4 get a new one for $19.99 

this means they at going to tank the tiv on controllers for this days of play sale 

wonder what else is going to drop in trade value ?

As I said, the problem was the website gives no indication that the over $35 for Free Shipping is for Pro Elite members only.

This is the link to the page it's displayed

https://www.gamestop.com/deals

Which shows this

When you click the details, you get this

https://www.gamestop.com/preowned

It doesn't say anything about needing a Elite Pro, or even a Pro membership to get this deal, so I thought it was broken/giving me issues.

Anyways, thank you for clearing it up all.
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/home/benefits

Quit being that guy, this information has been available since the release of the PUR Elite program.

Is the 25% bonus already reflected on the website prices? For example, Xbox One S says $100. Is that the final trade-in price? Or will it be $125?

My membership is about to expire and I've decided to let it. I've got like $8 in credit, which I can figure out a way to spend easy enough, but I also have 27.5 k points I'd like to burn. What's generally considered the smartest way to use points? I had originally waited to Black Friday last year, for that bonus that never came.

My membership is about to expire and I've decided to let it. I've got like $8 in credit, which I can figure out a way to spend easy enough, but I also have 27.5 k points I'd like to burn. What's generally considered the smartest way to use points? I had originally waited to Black Friday last year, for that bonus that never came.
Generally most of us would say earn enough points to get 30k, renew your membership for a year with points and flip with the B2G1 free that you receive for renewing. All depends on what you want to do. It'd be $25 off any new title if you were using points towards a new game as another example.

Don't get a pre-owned merchandise gift certificate because it comes off the the price before your Pro discount goes into effect.

I’ve been buying Nintendo eshop credits with my points. It’s not the most efficient but it’s something I’ll actually use.

anyone know the best way to make 2,300 gamestop points before friday?

Also, when you redeem points for reward certificates. Is it instant or is there a wait time?

Gamestop ad, trade in a Dualshock 4 get a new one for $19.99

this means they at going to tank the tiv on controllers for this days of play sale

wonder what else is going to drop in trade value ?
it could also mean they'll price the controllers $10 higher than the listed sale like last year.

Don't get a pre-owned merchandise gift certificate because it comes off the the price before your Pro discount goes into effect.
Does that mean mathematically just getting a straight $25 is better than 30 in used? Good to hear this though.

Generally most of us would say earn enough points to get 30k, renew your membership for a year with points and flip with the B2G1 free that you receive for renewing. All depends on what you want to do. It'd be $25 off any new title if you were using points towards a new game as another example.
I don't have an easy way to earn 2.5 k points. I recently traded in pretty much everything that I could trade in. I will miss the magazine so I kind of want to re sub but on the other hand that credit can go towards a game

Does that mean mathematically just getting a straight $25 is better than 30 in used? Good to hear this though.

I don't have an easy way to earn 2.5 k points. I recently traded in pretty much everything that I could trade in. I will miss the magazine so I kind of want to re sub but on the other hand that credit can go towards a game
Can’t you just use 15k points and re sub as pro (not elite)?

You will get to keep the magazine and points. And can upgrade later to elite if you want

My gamestop store had all the advertisements up for 70% trade in bonus today lol, but it wasn't active in the system yet. They just told me their boss said to put them up today...

So when you earn gamestop points through trading/purchasing, are they instantly added up in your account through the app as well? Or is there a wait time for that

another question...I still have 6 months left of elite, is it possible to get a yr of pro just to get the b2g1 coupon without losing elite membership? could use that coupon

So when you earn gamestop points through trading/purchasing, are they instantly added up in your account through the app as well? Or is there a wait time for that
another question...I still have 6 months left of elite, is it possible to get a yr of pro just to get the b2g1 coupon without losing elite membership? could use that coupon
You’ll see the points in 24-48 hours usually.

Your only option there is to have a friend/relative/alias get the pro account.

it usually takes one day, occasionally it'll take two, and more seldom, it'll take 3-4 - but that is usually on busy weekends.

FYI there appears to be a cap of 3 $5 preorder bonuses per account.
Anybody can confirm this? I see there's a bunch of likes, but I could have sworn I did 4 pre-orders when the promo first started...

I didn't see any fine print on limits, so a, I hope I can do more before the promo ends, and b, hope I'm not screwed just because I did 4.

Just an update on the limit of 3 $5 bonuses per account. 

I bought a 4/$20 which came to 4/$16 with my elite. They were all Xbox One games that traded for $2.50. I took those to my home store. SL wasn't sure if we'd have to do 4 separate transactions or could do 1 transaction with 4 preorders (I actually wanted to preorder 5 items, not some variation of the preorder and cancel shadiness) because no one had done more than 1 per transaction yet. So she tried it with 2 to start to see if it would do multiples and it did. So we did all four, and I gave her the preorders I wanted. But then I noticed it wasn't adding up as expected. I got $27 (3*(1.2*2.5+5)+(1.2*2.5)) total TIC, and I was expecting $32 (4*(1.2*2.5+5)). So we took the one game off and did the 3. Then we tried the one game by itself, no go still only $3.

As was mentioned previously there is no limit in the fine print. If there was no limit though, people could trade in 20 $2 games towards 20 different proorders and then consolidate those down to 3 $60 games. I don't think there's any ban associated, the limit may just not have been installed into the POS when the deal went live.

Just sounds like somebody got limited in the system by LP. Should’ve winked and shushed. I did 4 in one transaction today at my local store and had no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back