Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, goddamn, decided to get the $25 PUR voucher but it says in can only be used in-store, which won't work for me - the board games I'd wanted certainly won't show up in my local.  Can't get back on the site now for some reason but I remember the wording being incredibly contradicting, made it sound like it was good off an in-store or online order.  Best way to get it accepted online or turned into a gift card?

Well, goddamn, decided to get the $25 PUR voucher but it says in can only be used in-store, which won't work for me - the board games I'd wanted certainly won't show up in my local. Can't get back on the site now for some reason but I remember the wording being incredibly contradicting, made it sound like it was good off an in-store or online order. Best way to get it accepted online or turned into a gift card?
Call customer service see if they can do a refund for points. Then repurchase the online cert that's undrr the digital currency options.

GTAV for PS4 was showing as $20 new on the website a few minutes ago, and then I refreshed the page and it's up to $30. A mistake that was corrected, or a preview of things to come?

GTAV for PS4 was showing as $20 new on the website a few minutes ago, and then I refreshed the page and it's up to $30. A mistake that was corrected, or a preview of things to come?
That's what I am worried about. Currently debating on taking a few games over today because I think the values will tank once the 70% goes live. Right now before any additional promos with my Elite membership, I am looking at $30 for Fire Emblem Warriors, $20 for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and like $9.60 for Digimon Cyber Sleuth. I am just trying to pick up Sushi Striker or possibly Vampyr without spending any cash.

Is the only trade in bonus the one with the 40 percent trade in towards xbox, PS4, or iTunes currency or is that one expired?

Is there any reason why a destiny 2 ps4 pro bundle doesn't get the $50 discount? I was arguing with a gamestop employee about this earlier and he said only the regular pros get it. I pointed out that the Darth Vader one also is $50 off but then he said he'd email his dm. Is there something I'm missing?

Is there any reason why a destiny 2 ps4 pro bundle doesn't get the $50 discount? I was arguing with a gamestop employee about this earlier and he said only the regular pros get it. I pointed out that the Darth Vader one also is $50 off but then he said he'd email his dm. Is there something I'm missing?
The starwars version is discounted in the app, the destiny version is not. If you wanted a white version the glacier White pro is $349.99. You can probably find Destiny for $10.

You could also get the star wars version and trade battlefront 2 towards destiny. But maybe you don't even like the star wars version.

Of course it's stupid the destiny version isn't discounted.

Edit: what dead batteries said below.

The MSRP is $449.99 and the price is now $399.99

Thanks for the quick reply, I personally don't care about destiny but my area literally only has that as the sole pro system around 40 miles. I actually had them ship the system to my home store because I refused to waste 3 hrs driving to and from. Eh, I'll settle for them saving me gas money.

Thanks again for your input.

The starwars version is discounted in the app, the destiny version is not. If you wanted a white version the glacier White pro is $349.99. You can probably find Destiny for $10.
You could also get the star wars version and that battlefront 2 towards destiny. But may be you don't even like the star wars version.
Of course it's stupid the destiny version isn't discounted.
Also, the white Destiny 2 version is the older pro model. The gamestop exclusive white is the newer.

What's the difference between the models?
Biggest difference is fan noise. Mine is practically silent. I have to place my ear on the side of the vents to hear it. I think they changed the board as well. Probably fixed some issues that plagued the older model. I know there's a issue where it stops turning on. It'll start up and then immediately shut down. (Happened to mine). For that reason alone, I'd go with the newer revision. The revision model number is CUH-7115B. Mine that I just picked up was manufactured in Dec 2017

[attachment=30331:DA41CE07-75D3-4A1E-BB17-A6E98DD5E29C.png] it looks like they updated that trade in promo and I guess no 70% trade in. This morning it had a date of 6-6-18 or 6-1-18.

How many gamestop.com reward certificates can you use in the same transaction?
As was mentioned above they have to be different denominations, but the max is 2. At least I couldn't get 3 to go through. I tried to buy Yakuza 6 song of life with 50, 25, and 10. Wouldn't go through. Initially I thought it was due to the fact I had 2 day shipping selected and the GameStop.com certs specify value shipping. Changed shipping - didn't go through. Tried different payment types. Nothing. Took the 10 cert off and it went through. This means the max discount you can do online is $75. Certs say they get applied to highest price item first so you may need to take that into consideration also.

attachicon.gif
DA41CE07-75D3-4A1E-BB17-A6E98DD5E29C.png it looks like they updated that trade in promo and I guess no 70% trade in. This morning it had a date of 6-6-18 or 6-1-18.
That end date has been through July for a few days now online. They may have not updated the mobile version until just now.

Huh, I remember it used to be 3 per transaction. I checked the certs and you are correct, it says only 2 per transaction and 3 per day. I also remember people saying that the system would take as many as they could scan in, only policy stopped them from doing more than 3.

I'll be running my own test today too when I get my VR and my DS4.
What you mention is true for in-store. But online somehow its different.

So yes the in-store POS let's you do as many as you want but associate may stop you at 3.

Edit: note the in-store cert mentions the limit of 3. Whereas the online cert mentions that different values can be used but does not explicitly mention a limit.
09b2406fb8944108fd00ee1e327091dd.jpg
dde30fbf160879cfbf4aeeb29df54f8b.jpg

Huh, I remember it used to be 3 per transaction. I checked the certs and you are correct, it says only 2 per transaction and 3 per day. I also remember people saying that the system would take as many as they could scan in, only policy stopped them from doing more than 3.

I'll be running my own test today too when I get my VR and my DS4.
I used a $50, $25 and $15 in one transaction on a PS4 Pro, followed by a $25 and $15 on a controller in the next transaction, about an hour ago.

took advantage of the 40% bonus fortnite psn/xbl credit promo and got $117 for god of war, tekken 7, dbz fighters, everybodys golf, and overwatch.

I just came from GameStop and was told there was going to be an xbox sale on Sunday where they match the current PlayStation sale. Was this mentioned here at all?

Traded for the 40% PS card...

god of war-35.00

GT Sport-18.20 - picked it up digitally for 19.99 on PSN with $25 PSN card

HZD-9.80  - will grab CE fro 15.99 at BB.

-25.00 PSN card

38.00 credit on GS card.

will we know of the 70% trade bonus immediately after gamestops are open or is there some kind of surprise green light sometime during the day?

website isnt showing anything, I am waiting with bated breath...

will we know of the 70% trade bonus immediately after gamestops are open or is there some kind of surprise green light sometime during the day?

website isnt showing anything, I am waiting with bated breath...
i gave up waiting for it. Just do the 40% boost fortnite psn/xbl and grab a $10 card and put rest on GS card

im not sure I can do that, among my trades is a ps3 to trade towards a ps4 for the $80 bonus
You can always do separate transactions. Do the games first and then the system second. Use the credit from the first trade of just games to put towards the new system on the second transaction.

PSVR trade value dropped $20. Had a feeling that would happen and should have gone last night to trade it in.

Edit- hmm dropped to 70 on the app but 90 still on the site. Strange...

PSVR trade value dropped $20. Had a feeling that would happen and should have gone last night to trade it in.

Edit- hmm dropped to 70 on the app but 90 still on the site. Strange...
This happened to me yesterday on 3 things I was trading. Site had one price, their system another which matched the app. They were incredibly resistant on adjusting the value for me (actually said the lower base was “better” for the trade promos...). After clearly explaining that made no sense, they matched it for me.

Huge headache but it was over a $30 difference in base value alone.

You can always do separate transactions. Do the games first and then the system second. Use the credit from the first trade of just games to put towards the new system on the second transaction.

I guess ill just do this, thanks for the tip.
But I dont understand how you can put xbl/sony cards into a gamestop gift card. Do they allow that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back