Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Got horizon complete edition, 2 copies of Doom, and 2 copies end is nigh for a total of 60 dollars (paid of with pre-amassed credit) using the extra 20% 5 pre-owned games. Going to use both copies of end is nigh, and one of doom towards 3 pre-orders to get the extra 5 dollars.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but me just noticed that new PS4 copies of Wolfenstein 2, GTA V and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 / 2.5 Remix just dropped to $20...

Definitely more impressive than the bump in performance between PS4 and PS4 Pro.
Can anyone let me know (or point me to a good site) that explains what improvements you can have by upgrading to a Pro, other than graphics? I'm torn between keeping my BF slim or upgrading to a Pro during this sale.

Can anyone let me know (or point me to a good site) that explains what improvements you can have by upgrading to a Pro, other than graphics? I'm torn between keeping my BF slim or upgrading to a Pro during this sale.
For supersampling alone it is worth it. (https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/sound---screen/ps4-pro-supersampling/)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-vs-ps4-pro-vs-ps4-slim-what-are-the-difference/1100-6456440/

Surprised nobody mentioned the email saying pre order an E3 game get a coupon for double points. Since the 70% doesn't look like it's coming, this coupon is going to be great.
I already made some pre orders yesterday and got no coupon. Would we get it later in the app or physical?

I already made some pre orders yesterday and got no coupon. Would we get it later in the app or physical?
I made several during the last week and no coupon for me. Some of these games have been available for pre order for a while. T&C doents state much other than the date the 2x points coupon expires.

It’s a case-by-case basis. Boost mode will give games a better performance (frame rates) without any extra features. This is the only way to play certain games like Bloodbourne at a locked 30 fps.

Some games offer resolutions beyond 1080 (often with checkerboarding). Sometimes the performance is slightly worse than base PS4. Some games offer a higher frame rate mode (usually fluctuating). IMO, pick out a few games you know you would play and check out the digital foundry video (eurogamer/YouTube). If you don’t have a 4K TV, the biggest upgrade you’re getting (IMO) is framerate improvements. The slim is also quieter than the pro.

Fallout 76 Armor Edition for Xbox one sold out fast for a lot of online retailers. It's been popping in and out on amazon.com and BB.com and my local BB retail location. GameStop also appeared to be sold out both online and in store.

I was able to snag one at gamestop (yes I know they're evil). Store preorders were sold out as of yesterday. But they were able to do a ship from warehouse to home. You do have to pay in full at the time of ordering though.

I tried using a $15 PUR Certificate in store tonight, but was told I couldn't use it because I was trying to buy something that was only $12.  IT didn't matter that I didn't care about losing the extra, he said the register wouldn't accept the Certificate.   

Is this correct? So I wouldn't be able to use a $15 cert even on something that is $14.99?  

Ive used a $15 cert on a $14.99 item

I tried using a $15 PUR Certificate in store tonight, but was told I couldn't use it because I was trying to buy something that was only $12. IT didn't matter that I didn't care about losing the extra, he said the register wouldn't accept the Certificate.

Is this correct? So I wouldn't be able to use a $15 cert even on something that is $14.99?

Any likelihood they'll add new trade promos in the ad on Wednesday? I have a few trades I wanna do tomorrow, but I don't wanna risk a value drop.

Totally ambiguous trade for a new switch promo up today... trade systems for “up to” 300.00 towards a new switch. That literally says nothing.

Totally ambiguous trade for a new switch promo up today... trade systems for “up to” 300.00 towards a new switch. That literally says nothing.
Sure it does. It means you can trade a XBOX One X for $300 and everything else is significantly less. Gamestop loves a crazy high priced console so that they can give their "UP TO" values.

Dafuq! What were you trading in that took that long? Longest a console trade took me was like 15 minutes. Did you not format the PS3 or something?
It was a ton of old games that needed to be typed manually on the computer. But the lady literally had to hunt and peck the keyboard along with having super long nails. Didn't help that she didn't know half the consoles some games were from, like N64, GBA, etc. So she had to keep asking me what something is. I'm gonna assume she had to learn things that day.

The PS3 part of the trade only took like 5 minutes, I did format it and made it all convenient for them to try it on the test kit.

But typing in Final Fantasy VII in 4 different ways before giving up and giving it back to me took over 5 minutes. So imagine that x 50 items give or take. (not counting items that just needed to be scanned)

do console trade values reflect the 25% hardware boost or is the boost factored in after, wondering if the pro is $180 or $225 with the hardware boost, thinking of trading and grabbing a preowned god of war console thats in my area

Sure it does. It means you can trade a XBOX One X for $300 and everything else is significantly less. Gamestop loves a crazy high priced console so that they can give their "UP TO" values.
and employees hate it because people you can vividly picture in your head are gonna come in there with their launch xbox ones and yell at some guy to honor their promo for 300$ and threaten to call the manager, or in hilarious special cases the cops yes im being serious, if they dont. fun

do console trade values reflect the 25% hardware boost or is the boost factored in after, wondering if the pro is $180 or $225 with the hardware boost, thinking of trading and grabbing a preowned god of war console thats in my area
It's on the full value. I traded in my pro for 225 and got 281 and some change.

what i meant was can i use my PUR rewards to buy psn plus? jeez

get off your high horse, mr. 2300 posts joined 2017 lol

what i meant was can i use my PUR rewards to buy psn plus? jeez

get off your high horse, mr. 2300 posts joined 2017 lol
I purchased a PS4 controller and a PS+ membership (they have an SKU they enter to get the $50 price). I used a $25 rewards coupon and a $15 coupon thinking it would give me the PS4 controller for free. The receipt shows $39.99 for controller and $9.99 for PS+. So to answer your question, yes, the PUR rewards coupon will work on PS+.

I purchased a PS4 controller and a PS+ membership (they have an SKU they enter to get the $50 price). I used a $25 rewards coupon and a $15 coupon thinking it would give me the PS4 controller for free. The receipt shows $39.99 for controller and $9.99 for PS+. So to answer your question, yes, the PUR rewards coupon will work on PS+.
I wonder if it works towards PSN and Xbl currency? Hmmmm

the guy at gamestop said they only sold digital ps plus and no longer had the cards.He said it had to be a live physical item. geuss i got swindled. on a better note i bought GTA 5 Ps4 for $5

WHOA.

1. Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
    Offer valid 6/12/18 - 6/17/18. Valid toward purchase of any New Switch console. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Find A Store
  2. Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
    Offer valid 6/12/18 - 6/17/18. Valid toward purchase of any New Switch console. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Find A Store
  3. Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4

Find A Store
  4. Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro

Did you lead him to water? Did he not drink? Did he die of dehydration?

Its okay. You get one free with any RDR2 preorder. But only at GameStop.
I remember buying RDR day one at Best Buy to get the war horse dlc, that creature was glorious! But then it took an arrow to the knee, so off to the glue factory she went.

Do GS employees get in trouble for doing multiple transactions one after another? The cashier said so because I wanted to use $10 reward certificates on each of my 3 items. Also, GS is really cashing in on the Fortnite craze. Official PS4 and Xbox One controllers are considered Best with Fortnite. XD
Yes everything is measured on a by transaction percentage, so the fewer transactions with the more key metrics on each transaction the better.

I haven't shopped at GameStop in years but my bro wanted me to try to get some E3 Exclusive Master Chief Camo Pop Vinyl toy thing.  He sent me a link and it gave me an option to try to see if stores have it to hold for me.  I select a store and requested one for hold.  Sure enough I get the Hold Confirmation email.  So I went there when they opened, I was the second person there, no one was there just me the other person and one employee.  I told the employee what I was there for and she just told me they didn't have any or they were for preorders.  Anyone else tried to get this and somehow preordered?  I wasn't sure if it was available to preorder or not.  I just emailed GameStop and told them my experience lol.   I still have the Hold Confirmation email that says the item is there but the GS employee says other wise.  What can I should do?  Should I go back to store and ask for manager or something?  Lol.

I wonder if they will update the 40% for digital currency now that Fortnite is out on Switch. I doubt it, but one can hope.
I was hoping so too, but it seems they took that promo off the trade page all together. And I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be valid till 7/1.

I was hoping so too, but it seems they took that promo off the trade page all together. And I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be valid till 7/1.
I'm looking at that promo on the pc website right now. 40% toward PSN, XB or iTunes currency cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back