Gamestop: Nintendo DS System $9.99, DS Lite $19.99, DSi $29.99, DSi XL $39.99

You HAVE to get a DS Lite. The library of games is insane. I have a 3DS and I love it but the game library of the DS Lite is far superior. It's one of, if not the best, game library for any console.
3ds plays ds games. I'm not sure why anyone would need a ds lite other than those that are interested in GBA games.

You're a ray of bloody sunshine

I think I'll get one for my daughter. And use some Clorox wipes on it right away.

The blue/black and red/black were some of the last ones made so they should be in the best condition most likely.
It is Gamestop. Expect the unexpected

USEFUL INFO:
You get 7 days for a full refund
you get 30 days to return and replace
1 year replacement warranty is $5 extra

Last edited by a moderator:
Holding Start or Select while booting up the game puts it in its native resolution, though there will be black bars around the screen that may bug some people.
I know that, but on a ds you get the full screen and it still looks better, but yeah some people maybe don't want to deal with two handhelds when one can play everything

Well, none of these systems can play everything, since the DSi and 3DS don't have a GBA slot.

But on that note, I don't like playing GBA games on a DS. The extra two face buttons trip me up.

It's weird to see such a famous company with such (comparatively) low feedback. They should have like 50k.

Hmm... now do I want to buy a 2DS? I had my heart set on waiting for a cheap New 3DS XL. Only game I really want is Monster Hunter.

damn.  will probably go ahead and get a dslight so i can play my gba games.  my ds phat was dropped and its hinges broke.  it still runs but im always afraid the top screen with come off entirely.

Nice. Got a defective one. :\ Now I gotta go back tomorrow. Wasted like 2 cents of my electric bill to charge this mother ^*&()#*#.

Which of these would suit me best? I pretty much only want to play pokemon games. And which pokemon games work on these?
Problem with the DS is hinges breaking. I say DS Lite if you want something smaller and liter and DS if you don't really care about those. The XL does have the largest screen though.

Went to a store that had about 6 "pre-owned" to choose from. Condition was all over the place. I got a cobalt blue that had a good hinge, good screens and no wear to the outside. It had a mismatched GBA cover and stylus though. For $20 it was a good price. They also had the "recharged" systems, they looked almost new but not worth the extra money over the one I picked out.

For those who have found them in stores, were they showing up in the online inventory tracker? Almost none of them were available within 100 miles of me when I checked online, even when this first went up.

For those who have found them in stores, were they showing up in the online inventory tracker? Almost none of them were available within 100 miles of me when I checked online, even when this first went up.
The Phat that I got in store showed up on the online inventory tracker. It also says the in store price is $29.99 but I can confirm that it will ring up at $9.99 at checkout.

They did not show up as in stock online at the one I went to. Went in anyway since I was out, they had pink one in case and he brought the rest out for me to examine. The pre-owned were in red bags the recharged were in a box.

I had the opposite problem. Showed as in stock at the one I went to, but the guy said they didn't have anymore. Checked again when I got home and it still said they had DS lights in stock at that location. I'll try again tomorrow at a different store if the sale is still going on.  

Which of these would suit me best? I pretty much only want to play pokemon games. And which pokemon games work on these?
To expand on what I mentioned earlier. If you're going to want to transfer Pokemon up from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire Red/LeafGreen on the GBA to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver on the DS then you're going to need one of the systems with the GBA slot. That's the original DS or the DSLite. The DSi systems don't have the GBA slot.

Not many people actually care about trading Pokemon up, but some people are really serious about it.

It's weird to see such a famous company with such (comparatively) low feedback. They should have like 50k.

Hmm... now do I want to buy a 2DS? I had my heart set on waiting for a cheap New 3DS XL. Only game I really want is Monster Hunter.
Nintendo discovered the internet not long ago. Baby steps.

Ok. Cleaned the crust and filth off the replacement I just picked up after yesterday's defective one. Charged fast which has me a little suspicious so just got it on for a bit to see how well the battery holds up. Maybe someone recently traded it in. :x #wishfulthinking #whydiditrustgamestoprefurbished

Thebest way to play GBA games is on a GBA SP.
Well I have several of those. The problem with the SP is that it's not all that comfortable. I seem to recall the DS Lite being the most comfortable of the DS family. I recall its buttons having nice travel and a good D-Pad.

Am I remembering incorrectly?

:/ hopefully the battery doesn't die every 40 minutes, there are no dead pixels and the last owner didn't touch themselves and immediately go back to playing
I feel like for electronics like these you can safely assume the previous owner did touch themselves then go back to playing the system and/or played it while using the restroom. I can't think of what pathogens would still be alive in its surface though.

A cleaning should be standard procedure when buying a pre-owned handheld or controller anyway.

Went to 2 GS's looking for DS or DS lite and was told by both they are now considered retro and they no longer buy them. Ended up with a pretty decent looking DSI for $25 after $5 preowned coupon.

Seems I remembered correctly that the DS Lite has my favorite buttons and D-Pad in the DS family. I was able to pick up a pink one.

Seems I remembered correctly that the DS Lite has my favorite buttons and D-Pad in the DS family. I was able to pick up a pink one.
thought i was the only one, i absolutely love the soft press type buttons, hate the clicky kind, i wish they would go back to those =(

Yep, wasted my time.  My DS Lite came in and it looked like it'd been dragged behind the War Rig in Mad Max Fury Road.  I was dumb and didn't use the shipping coupon so I'm out on the shipping cost.  Burn in hell Gamestop.

Thanks for the post though, OP, it really is a great deal, but Gamestop has no standards for quality.

Ended up finding a phat DS in stock nearby. Its actually in excellent condition except for the stylus that doesnt fit in the hole. Cant complain after paying $5 (after preowned coupon) for it. 

Grabbed a blue/black ds lite for 20. Gba sp isn't comfortable to hold. If anyone wants to trade colors pm me. It's kinda beat up a little but works perfectly and the screens are decent.

bread's done
Back