Gamestop: Nintendo DS System $9.99, DS Lite $19.99, DSi $29.99, DSi XL $39.99

My DSLite came today.  It's in great condition, aside from being dusty as hell.   Probably been sitting in the corner of a warehouse at the bottom of a pile of DSLites for years.  Which is fine with me.  After a nice clean up it was good as new.

Found out that the buy 2 get one works with DS systems BUT the console itself won't be free, you have to have a game as part of the deal.  And the free game has to be less than the console, and the console defaults to the pre-sale price (In this case, DSi went from 30 to 50, making the deal not worth it.)

Passed on that, but this was probably the best investment I've made in Power Up Rewards certificates aside from the Black Friday half off sale.  28,000 points and 5 bucks got me a DSi XL.  I play my DS games on the new 3DS XL I've got, but I want to get an R4 or something similar so I can emulate Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and a translation patch and there won't be a worry of my New 3DS eating shit from an update or something.

I picked up a DSi XL at the local store the other day and was amazed at the fact that it was in very good shape.  Some light surface scratches on the exterior top cover, but after a cleaning with some wipes the system and screens are in terrific shape.  

Thanks for the heads up on the deal.  

Hit up several of my local Gamestops and finally found a DSi in pretty damn good condition (Black, has just minor scratches on the top plate, buttons feel good, screens are good etc.) Thanks OP!

I used to have one, but traded it in for my original 3DS. I personally prefer the clicky buttons of the DSi, and honestly I might even just use this as a loaner system for a few friends who never had a DS but have expressed interest in some DS games.

I bought a Burgundy DSi XL at a local store today. It was a ReCharged refurb unit. Aside from a couple of very light scratches on the touch screen, the unit is in fantastic shape. DS games look a lot better on the DSi XL than the 3DS XL which is why I bought one.

Just ordered a $10  original DS.  

I have a strange love affair with the original style model.  Probably all those hours I spent playing Urbz and Madden 05 when it launched, instead of paying attention during biology class.

Looks like I just found out where to get more systems for GBA Macro mods....

Macro XL: http://imgur.com/a/fl4Nr

Macro: http://imgur.com/a/Qttw3

FeNgZlZ.jpg

1IV0KMY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost bought a DS Lite today... no idea why I passed it up.  System looked almost completely pristine.  Just hard to sell myself on having two DS phat, 1 DS Lite, 1 DSi and, 1 DSi XL.  Not to mention the fact that I'll have something like 7 or 8 chargers to go with them.  

Remember to scrape off the crusty semen, peanut butter and fecal matter off the system when you get home. Lysol or clorox recommended.

am i suppose to buy this?

i have no idea what this does. (yes i know it play games, but what else?)

i just want to buy it cuz its cheap and its been very popular.

this is a system i dont understand, but would like to understand.

I'm really tempted to buy another phat DS. I still have my original Silver Phat from when they first came out but I feel like I should own a blue one too. How much is shipping roughly? I can't seem to get there without going through the checkout and entering all my information and $10 is too cheap to use SAVER.

Just got my two DS system in the mail, one silver and one black/blue. I really lucked out, both systems seem to be in good condition. Thanks again OP.

I'm really tempted to buy another phat DS. I still have my original Silver Phat from when they first came out but I feel like I should own a blue one too. How much is shipping roughly? I can't seem to get there without going through the checkout and entering all my information and $10 is too cheap to use SAVER.
I believe it was 3.99. Total came to $15 and change after tax for me.

Thanks OP, received mine today, great condition. Can't complain about a $10 DS with headphones, a charger, and screen protectors/wipes.

Was told earlier today there was a $20 off nintendo products at gamestop, I think the employee was misinformed though, confusing it for the $20 bonus trade in. edit - of course he was confused with this sale in general.

I ended up snagging one of the DS lites in store, only one they had was pink and looked like it was in a smokers house. Screens look like they're perfect.

I'm not a huge fan of the pink color, anyone know how hard the housings are to swap out? Seen some replacement housings on Amazon with all new buttons and hinges so it would change the color completely. Only issue is they are like $10-$15 so it would almost not be worth it.

I ended up snagging one of the DS lites in store, only one they had was pink and looked like it was in a smokers house. Screens look like they're perfect.

I'm not a huge fan of the pink color, anyone know how hard the housings are to swap out? Seen some replacement housings on Amazon with all new buttons and hinges so it would change the color completely. Only issue is they are like $10-$15 so it would almost not be worth it.
I ended up with a pink DSi XL... I'd be curious about this as well. I only bought it b/c the system is, otherwise in perfect shape. Screens look untouched.

Just ordered a $10 original DS.

I have a strange love affair with the original style model. Probably all those hours I spent playing Urbz and Madden 05 when it launched, instead of paying attention during biology class.
The hell? Did they restock while I was sleeping last night? :(

Afaik the $10 ds has been unavailable since day 2 of the sale

The hell? Did they restock while I was sleeping last night? :(

Afaik the $10 ds has been unavailable since day 2 of the sale
It was back in stock yesterday afternoon when I posted. I ordered a blue one and a silver one. Also ordered the last copy of Funky Barn for Wii U and a copy of Body Harvest for N64 to make shipping free.

people going crazy for 10 buck ds? I been picking up ds for years for 5 to 10 bucks :)
The only ones I've seen at that price have broken hinges, are missing the stylus, and are missing the charger. So yes, for one that is guaranteed to work or my money back, $10 is a good.

screen on the original ds is too poopy . not a bad price for the ds lite.. though i personally rather play ds games on my 3ds.. and gba games on gba sp

Best paperweight I ever bought
I notice you keep posting in this thread haha. Why is that if you dont want to get in on the deal? I understand why some people like myself might not think its worthwhile to purchase this, but that doesnt mean its a bad decision for everyone

I notice you keep posting in this thread haha. Why is that if you dont want to get in on the deal? I understand why some people like myself might not think its worthwhile to purchase this, but that doesnt mean its a bad decision for everyone
I did buy a Cobalt/black DSL. It was crusty and defective. Then I exchanged it the following day and that new one worked. :D Cleaned off the filth and so on. Put FFTA2 in the DS slot and Sword of Mana in the GBA slot. Then OT opened up at work. :eek: No play time while prepping my wallet for Easter sales.

I happened to see this sale as I was on the way home from work yesterday. Swung by the mall and grabbed up a black DSLite to replace the one I lost awhile back. Now I can finally transfer my Pokemon from HeartGold to the bank.

Not sure if this is allowed, but is the dsi easily compatible with homebrew, or are their issues. Already have a 3dsxl but I don't want to mess with homebrew on that one

Can someone tell me how much battery life the DS Lite had at max brightness when it was brand new? I see the official estimation is 5-8 hours. Is that is line with your experience?

Oem DS Lite batteries can still be found like new on eBay.

The unit I bought from GameStop is lasting me three days of 4 hour play sessions or so with barely a charge. I have yet to replace it's battery.

Generally a DS Lite uses way less power than a 3ds or Vita.

managed to find a ds lite at my gamestop in just about perfect condition. stylus didn't fit though :/  oh well . picked up an r4 and ez flash 4 to go with it

also the manager said it was the last day of the sale

Oem DS Lite batteries can still be found like new on eBay.

The unit I bought from GameStop is lasting me three days of 4 hour play sessions or so with barely a charge. I have yet to replace it's battery.

Generally a DS Lite uses way less power than a 3ds or Vita.
Problem with OEM batteries (or any batteries) is that they've been sitting on shelves/warehouses for years now and because they haven't been in use, their original max life is likely degraded. No way to know for sure, as there's so many variances but it's more likely than now that there's been some degradation.

bread's done
Back