Gamestop: Nintendo DS System $9.99, DS Lite $19.99, DSi $29.99, DSi XL $39.99

I ended up buying a Red/Black DS Lite (Recharged) for $31.xx after tax... not bad, just missing the GBA slot dust cover (which I'll 3D print) and has a Gamestop charger instead of official... but in overall good condition (except for the wonky L/R bumper buttons that all DS Lite suffer from... have to blow in them to get them to work sometimes... argh!) but it's nice to play a DS again after owning a DS Phat... this is neat.

Problem with OEM batteries (or any batteries) is that they've been sitting on shelves/warehouses for years now and because they haven't been in use, their original max life is likely degraded. No way to know for sure, as there's so many variances but it's more likely than now that there's been some degradation.
I'd put my trust in one from Nintendo. They're the expert and they don't sell garbage. If they don't think it's at its max, they wouldn't sell it.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=2&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod10079&categoryId=cat490463

Ended up grabbing a Blue DS Lite from my local Gamestop for my daughter and had to order an additional one for myself. It's supposed to come today. I wonder if it will be silver like they say it will or some random color.

Fingers crossed that it's in good shape.

The two blue phat DS's I ordered came in today.  I know they were "recharged" but since I didn't read the description on the website I am surprised at what they came with.  Each was boxed, pretty well packed too, had a charger (2 piece charger with plug and USB DS cable), ear buds, and screen protectors.  The plastic appears to have been buffed as to hide scratches, the buttons seem well at first test, and any product sticker or serial has been removed.  Hinges feel good too.

Very satisfied with these.

I got my silver one last week and I started playing it today.  Screen is funky.  When you power it off, some of the last image stays on for a few hours before disappearing.  It immediately goes away when you turn the system back on.  But for $10, I can't really complain.

Did gs more than double the price on some of these now that they are "back in stock"?
I'm not sure if they did or if they are the "recharged refurbished" ones. I went to take my pink one back because I messed it up (but I bought a warranty so I figured I would try anyways) and they returned mine like I had just bought it. I did tell them that I got it when they were $20 but was exchanging it so they gave me another one. Guy told me that I was within my 30 day defective and even returned my warranty and gave me another one. So my receipt now says that I paid $50 for it.

bread's done
Back