GameStop Online Clearance

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
Some decent stuff on the GS website on clearance actually, I included a link with all the items that are in stock for shipping, sorted by low to high price. Remember to use SAVER to get free shipping if your total is $25 or more, you will still need to pay some for handling, but some of these items are worth that.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-clearance,28zu0,136

SOLD OUT

I know this is older, but since RB3 is rare and who knows how long this will be around for especially new I figured I'd pass this along.

The Wii version is I think $3 as well. 

I ordered two of the keyboards for just under $9 shipped. Figured at $4.50 inc shipping each you can't go wrong.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-rock-band-3-wireless-keyboard/78041

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/accessories/wii-rock-band-3-wireless-keyboard/78040

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to this thread late, but was still able to reserve a Wii Keyboard for pickup. 3$ is a great price for a midi controller. I wish my local stores actually put this stuff on the floor, it's almost always in the stockroom. 

The items are being shipped from individual stores instead of a warehouse, so a handling fee applies
I noticed that there was $1 being tacked on per item but what didn't make sense was that they were charging me a minimum of $10.99 when I only had 7 items in my cart, which totaled over $25 so it met the criteria for SAVER.

Seriously. Never buying from Gamestop ever again.

Ordered Spirit Camera, Bioshock PC, Persona Soul Hackers online.

ALL SENT FROM DIFFERENT STORES OPENED WITH STICKY RESIDUES ON THE COVER.

Had hard time returning as they didn't even bother putting those lame stickers that magically make their games new.

So I'm SOL for dollars for each extra handling which isn't included in the invoice but charged overall..

i dont think gamestop ever sell new game beside new release. gamestop new condition is   :^o

anyone get tracking number for sol republic hd track purble/black.

Yeah so how do we complain about this. Half my items weren't new and the boxes were damaged and clearly opened.

Another one of my orders hasn't even shipped yet though a label was made last week. Guess I was too optimistic about these clearance items.

I would call CS. Hold times are long and you will talk to someone whose first language definitely isn't English. That said, I have had good results in the past. Had 2 issues. One was a broken console. They sent me a pre-paid label and replaced. Second was 2 damaged games along with 2 incorrect games in the same order. They refunded without having me send anything back.

Right after Christmas, when Gamestop was doing their first "clearance" thing, I ordered about 35$ in stuff.  $30 of that was T-Shirts.  For example, one of them was the Kylo Ren T-shirt, it was on clearance for 9.97.  I ordered them and they shipped me a comic book that I had ordered and then the other 8 items of my order never sent.  I contacted them via email a week later and they said they were on the way.  A week later, still nothing, no tracking number or anything for any of the remaining items.  I sent 3-4 emails back and forth where they told me "They were just waiting for the items to be picked up by UPS".  3 Days later, I called and spoke to customer service (after being on hold for an hour), then spoke to a manager who assured me the items would be shipped on the next Monday (This was a Friday).  He said the items were waiting for UPS to pick them up.  I said I've been hearing the same crap for a week via email.  He gave me a $5 in PowerUp points (oh boy).

A week later, still nothing (a full week, yes).  I emailed their customer support and asked them to cancel my order.  Every item I ordered was now on clearance for 1.97, rather than 4.97, 9.97 (kylo ren shirt), so on.  They emailed me back and said the order has already shipped and they can not cancel it.  I emailed them back and said that the only item that had shipped was a comic book, nearly a month ago.  They emailed me back yet again, and said that they see the item is waiting to be picked up by UPS.  I then called and was on hold for 90 minutes, asked immediately for a manager.  Manager gave me a $10 promo code, and he said he "understood my frustration".  I told him I wanted to cancel the order, and also told him that I managed to go buy everything in the order at local stores with their updated clearance prices (I had also previously asked that if they were going to continue my order then to at least match the current prices considering I've been waiting for a month and nothing I ordered is that price anymore).  He said he would cancel my order, and then said that the order is "waiting to be picked up by a parcel carrier" but that he can get his management to cancel the order.  He got approval from (whatever management it was) and said that the order should be cancelled and I should receive my refund within 72 hours, he took my email address so that once the order was cancelled he could email me to confirm. 

I was really hesitant because he couldn't cancel the order right over the phone and had to wait for it to be cancelled this way.  I very specifically asked what happens if "the order for some reason ships out instead of being cancelled, since they still claim they are waiting for the carrier to pick the order up".  He said there is a 99.99% chance (his exact wording) that would not happen and I should not worry about it, but if it did happen, I would have to return the items to the store.  About 8 hours later, I got confirmation via email that the rest of my order shipped.  I had to return the items in-store, which wasn't a big deal.. but having $35 constantly disappearing and reappearing in my bank account was the big problem, considering I had to keep checking to see whether or not the charge was currently there or had dropped off again (since I have a pretty tight amount of money in my account, I am a CAG after all).

TLDR?:

Don't buy shit from Gamestop hoping for a great deal on clearance items unless you are willing to spend hours on hold with "Customer Service".  I never had any issue ordering from Gamestop before, but clearly they can't handle their own clearance sales.  It seems like maybe other people will be in the same boat with this next wave, from what I've been reading here.

Yeah, GS is the worst.  I have months old orders that are just sitting open because they don't cancel them or update you.  I believe all the money/credit has made it's way back to me after a spell at least.  It wouldn't be as big of a deal without these $1 fuck fees that likely won't get refunded.

I got both of my copies of Rocksmith. One was sealed and fine. One had the sticker on the case and the cable had been used. fucking GS. They really are the fucking worst.

overall I have had terrible experiences with gamestop customer service and online ordering. Despite my better judgement I ordered some preowned amiibos for the buy 2 get 3 free. Among the 5 I ordered, 1 was shulk. When my package arrived, I had received sheik instead. Classic gamestop. What really surprised me is that I emailed customer service and they responded within 24 hours that they would send me the correct amiibo right away. I was shocked that two days later, I actually received my shulk amiibo.

They still have my account blocked from ordering using my powerup rewards account though and everytime I call, they can't give me a straight answer and just give me 5000 power up rewards points. I can still use my trade credit for online orders, I just can't sign into my account. 

This would be online and in store clearance but they've marked down the Legend of Zelda figures/statues more.

I just picked up the Link Nendoroid for $29.97 in store.

How is GS able to get away with selling items as NEW that aren't in fact NEW?
They just open the case and take the disc out and use the case as a display. It's still technically new because its opened by the retailer and nothing was used. Tv's and other hardware would be considered used in other stores as they were actually used, ie displays.

They just open the case and take the disc out and use the case as a display. It's still technically new because its opened by the retailer and nothing was used. Tv's and other hardware would be considered used in other stores as they were actually used, ie displays.
Um no, we see here that items are missing from some NEW copies. Whether it be a cable or the box itself some new items are NOT new and it should be illegal.

There is a simple answer to this that no one ever realizes.

Walk into a Gamestop with a game you just bought, walked out of the store, opened, and then changed your mind. They will not let you return it because it is not new/opened. If they won't take it as a return they shouldn't sell them as new either.

Um no, we see here that items are missing from some NEW copies. Whether it be a cable or the box itself some new items are NOT new and it should be illegal.

Walk into a Gamestop with a game you just bought, walked out of the store, opened, and then changed your mind. They will not let you return it because it is not new/opened. If they won't take it as a return they shouldn't sell them as new either.
🙌

Yeah so how do we complain about this. Half my items weren't new and the boxes were damaged and clearly opened.

Another one of my orders hasn't even shipped yet though a label was made last week. Guess I was too optimistic about these clearance items.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I ordered a bunch of new PC games from Gamestop. Everything was opened and ONE GAME WAS A CD IN A SLEEVE. NO MANUAL OR BOX. They basically told me "tough shit" but gave me a $10 code I couldn't use on anything since I only buy digital stuff from them now. I had to get a buddy to help me out.

TL;DR - don't buy anything from Gamestop online. EVER.

And the employees are the only ones who play them so they're still new.

I hate these fkers.

Was sent a NEW SF IV Arcade Edition that was too scratched to install... thankfully I was able to use the CD key and activate it on steam.

Also ordered 2 2011 Xbox 360 holiday bundles since the website said they come with official controllers (leading me to believe that meant microsoft).  Turns out that meant a gamestop controller... okay fine at least they still work with PC, but they sent me one xbox 360 one and one PS3 one. They always find some way to mess up an order even with the $1 handling fee nonsense.

Anyone else still waiting for items?  I ordered about 20 items and am still waiting on about 5 of them.  Most of my shipments were large boxes with just a single item inside.

I am still waiting for 4 items. They sent the wrong item for one figure I purchased. That handling fee is so stupid. I called them up and they would not refund my $1 handling fee. They did refund the cost of the item and they gave a $10 coupon for use online only. I also was able to keep the wrong item.

So not only does Gamestop gut your new games, but you have to pay a $1 handling fee for them to "handle" that same new game and stick it back in the case and send it to you.  It's like they are fucking you twice!

Anyone else still waiting for items? I ordered about 20 items and am still waiting on about 5 of them. Most of my shipments were large boxes with just a single item inside.
If an item hasn't shipped at this point it's time to resign yourself to the fact that it's not going to. GS will never cancel it out close the order or anything and it will never process further.

If an item hasn't shipped at this point it's time to resign yourself to the fact that it's not going to. GS will never cancel it out close the order or anything and it will never process further.
Yeah,ordered donkey Kong Wii and zone of enders le. DK shipped, but no on zone of enders. Case still open. Been contact them to close case and refund. Nope. Nothing. It's like pulling teeth when dealing with them. Anyone get the Sol tracks headphones?

So I just got an email saying that 4 of my orders that I did on 3/6 were cancelled. It was from the wii/ds b2g1 deal. Over 300$ from store credit used. Fml trying to get it back right?

Yep, once it reaches that point you can assume the order has been sent to a store for fulfillment and the store misplaced it or didn't have the item so it gets forgotten. It's hard to believe their system doesn't flag stuff like that for review/follow up, but it doesn't.

Buying "new" games and getting it already opened/gutted just means they don't want it back unless you want to trade it in, maximizing profits. A shrewd business act but basically means if it's not opened by a GS employee then its considered used.

I've had 1 employee tell me gamestop isn't a retail store but a pawn shop for video games. Treat it like a pawn shop and things will go smoothly. I personally never order at home on GS website. I always go to my local GS and tell them to order for me as its hassle free and if anything bad happens, I can tell the GS employees about my problem instead of using emails and customer service calls cause those work a rounds rarely ever work.

Buying "new" games and getting it already opened/gutted just means they don't want it back unless you want to trade it in, maximizing profits. A shrewd business act but basically means if it's not opened by a GS employee then its considered used.

I've had 1 employee tell me gamestop isn't a retail store but a pawn shop for video games. Treat it like a pawn shop and things will go smoothly. I personally never order at home on GS website. I always go to my local GS and tell them to order for me as its hassle free and if anything bad happens, I can tell the GS employees about my problem instead of using emails and customer service calls cause those work a rounds rarely ever work.
I have worked for gamestop, everyone who is worth their weight in salt on CAG knows about GS so trying to defend them isn't really doable here.

Do we know why they do what they do? Yes, doesn't mean it isn't wrong and in my and others opinions should be illegal.

Here are a few examples of shady things GS has done.

-Get reprints of rare Wii titles and to bypass the MSRP they open them and mark them as used and charge close to ebay prices

-Open brand new PC games, remove an item from the game, and sell them as new. Then blame the publisher because GS was not notified that this was included. I find that INSANE. Why does GS need to know a digital code is included with a game and even if it is what gives them the right to open it, remove the voucher, sell it as new and NOT inform the customer. That is damn illegal and GS knew it and after they were called out on it they had to offer refunds to anyone who wanted it, even if they already used the code to activate the game.

I have worked for gamestop, everyone who is worth their weight in salt on CAG knows about GS so trying to defend them isn't really doable here.

Do we know why they do what they do? Yes, doesn't mean it isn't wrong and in my and others opinions should be illegal.

Here are a few examples of shady things GS has done.

-Get reprints of rare Wii titles and to bypass the MSRP they open them and mark them as used and charge close to ebay prices

-Open brand new PC games, remove an item from the game, and sell them as new. Then blame the publisher because GS was not notified that this was included. I find that INSANE. Why does GS need to know a digital code is included with a game and even if it is what gives them the right to open it, remove the voucher, sell it as new and NOT inform the customer. That is damn illegal and GS knew it and after they were called out on it they had to offer refunds to anyone who wanted it, even if they already used the code to activate the game.
Besides their terrible business practices, I have another beef with them. They would never hire me back in the distant past no matter how many times I applied, and I assure you, I was way more qualified than the majority of their moronic employees (at least locally). It was so much better when it was Software Etc. The employees actually cared about games and their customers.

Last edited:
Do gamestop ever respond to email?? Sent message last tuesday and I am stil waiting for response.
They do, but they're slow. They were supposed to give me a free FFXIV code for ordering Heavensward, and it never came. I didn't notice since I had a large backlog so I emailed them a few months late. They got back to me but wouldn't help me get a code. They said I needed to contact the publisher.

Besides their terrible business practices, I have another beef with them. They would never hire me back in the distant past no matter how many times I applied, and I assure you, I was way more qualified than the majority of their moronic employees (at least locally). It was so much better when it was Software Etc. The employees actually cared about games and their customers.
I heard it's not who you know , it's who you blow.
I'm reminded of that every time there's some new female employee that doesn't know the difference between Destiny and Diablo 3. They can't count change back if you paid cash. I've seen them use an old school calculator at one location because they have no skills. You are paying with a gift card? Well let me process that as a purchase of a gift card and waste some time. I'm constantly informing them of promos and upcoming releases. My favorite is the band that were hired locally , these guys all have a similar look including visible tattoos on their necks and hands. But that won't keep them from getting a job at GameStop , neither will their lack of knowledge of all things gaming. These guys look like they are all in the same band and the lead singer, a manager, got all the other members jobs at GameStop.
The situation is almost comical. I saw the cute girl that was recently hired get dropped of at gamestop by her boyfriend, I recognize him as the manager from another location. I see females in managment and they generally have a friend, female, that works with them and it's generally obvious that they did not walk in one day and ask for an application. It's almost like they are independent family owned businesses and if you aren't family you aren't getting a job there. Then I go in and some kid that's got to be tweaking is working, he's going 1000 mile per hour but it's cool because he blew the manager so he looks the other way. That location has 3 people employed whom you could accuse of being tweakers. Tweakers look out for each other though. Tweakers will hire tweakers , gimps who can't talk to females will hire the most cute female they think might blow them, and wanna be rockers with shitty tattoos will always hire the drummer dude.

The last time I ordered from GameStop online was a few discount Wii games. A $2 copy of Spyborgs arrived scratched to complete uselessness. The most hilarious part was the package. It was shipped in a 360 case that shattered, flattened and visibly burned (!). The damage wasn't in shipping, none of the case fragments were in the envelope.

The last time I ordered from GameStop online was a few discount Wii games. A $2 copy of Spyborgs arrived scratched to complete uselessness. The most hilarious part was the package. It was shipped in a 360 case that shattered, flattened and visibly burned (!). The damage wasn't in shipping, none of the case fragments were in the envelope.
That sucks. FYI B2G1 wii and ds games end 3/20/16.

Did anyone get the SOL Tracks HD headphones? Just wondering .

i purchased a copy of style savvy trendsetters and tetris ds .. both used a few weeks ago

style savvy arrived brand new complete in box

tetris ds was a blatant fake cartridge.. loose with no packaging . crooked fake sticker/label, holes in the back of the plastic, serial number didn't match, weird color metal strips. anyone with eyes could tell it was fake at first look.

thankfully style savvy was a gift for my girlfriend and tetris ds was for me. took tetris to my local gamestop for a refund and will never buy online from them again but got lucky with style savvy 

bread's done
Back