Gamestop Play Days Sale March 18 - April 1

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Got this sales circular early & figured I would share ;)

:xb1: Xbox One X with free copy of Sea of Thieves $499.99

:xb1: Buy 3 Months of Xbox Live Gold & receive a Sea Of Thieves Theme Pack

:xb1: Save $10 on all New Xbox One Wireless Controllers $59.99 (Ocean Shadow Controller pictured)

GAMES UNDER $30

:ps4: :xb1: Grand Theft Auto V $29.99

:ps4: :xb1: Madden 18 $29.99

:ps4: :xb1: :switch: Scribblenauts Showdown $19.99

:ps4: :xb1: Overwatch GOTY $29.99

:ps4: :xb1: WWE 2K18 $29.99 (Deluxe $49.99)

:ps4: :xb1: Star Wars Battlefront II (Both Regular & Elite Trooper Deluxe) $29.99

:ps4: :xb1: Need for Speed Payback $29.99

:ps4: :xb1: :switch: Lego Ninjago $19.99

:ps4: :xb1: :switch: Lego City Undercover $19.99

:ps4: :xb1: :switch: Lego Worlds $19.99

:ps4: Crash N-Sane Trilogy $29.99 (03/18 - 03/24)

:ps4: :xb1: Sims 4 $24.99

:ps4: :xb1: NBA Live 18 $14.99

:ps4: :xb1: NHL 18 $29.99

:ps4: :xb1: Bioshock Collection $19.99

:ps4: :xb1: Borderlands Handsome Jack Collection $14.99

:ps4: :xb1: Mafia III $14.99

:ps4: :xb1: LA Noire $29.99 :switch: $39.99

:ps4: :xb1: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare $29.99

:ps4: :xb1: Dark Souls III Complete Edition $19.99 (03/18 - 03/24)

:ps4: :xb1: Mortal Kombat XL $14.99

:ps4: :xb1: The Witcher III Complete Edition $24.99

:ps4: :xb1: Wolfenstein New Order/Old Blood $19.99

:ps4: Doom VFR $19.99

:ps4: :xb1: Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind $19.99

:ps4: :xb1: The Evil Within 2 $29.99

:ps4: :xb1: Pillars of Eternity $14.99

:ps4: :xb1: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 $19.99

:ps4: Hidden Agenda $4.99

:ps4: That's You $4.99

:ps4: Knowledge is Power $4.99

:ps4: Singstar Celebration $4.99

:ps4: :xb1: Dead by Daylight $19.99

:ps4: :xb1: Agents of Mayhem $19.99

SAVE UP TO $20

:ps4: :xb1: Monster Hunter World $44.99

:ps4: :xb1: :pc: Call of Duty WWII $49.99 (03/18 - 03/24)

:ps4: :xb1: :pc: Destiny 2 $29.99

Destiny Ghost Vinyl $9.99

:ps4: :xb1: Dragonball Fighterz $59.99 (03/18 - 03/24) (20% off Season Pass w/purchase)

:ps4: :xb1: :switch: NBA 2K18 $39.99

:ps4: :xb1: UFC 3 $39.99

:ps4: :xb1: Kingdom Come Deliverance $49.99

:ps4: :xb1: :switch: FIFA 18 $29.99

:ps4: :xb1: Ark Survival Evolved $39.99

:ps4: The Seven Deadly Sins $49.99 (03/18 - 03/24)

:ps4: :xb1: Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet $49.99 (03/18 - 03/24)

:ps4: Elder Scrolls: Skyrim VR $39.99

:ps4: :xb1: Fallout 4 GOTY $39.99

:ps4: :xb1: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus $39.99

10% off any Pre-Owned Game after you purchase any item featured in the PLAY DAYS SALE

Coupon valid 04/02 - 04/08 & will be delivered by 03/31.  Must be a Power Up Rewards Member to receive coupon.

OTHER RANDOM TOYS & POPS STUFF

Fingerlings B1G1 50% off $16.99 each

3 for $30 ALL POPS!

BUY 3 GET 1 FREE All Blind Bag "Products"

BUY 3 GET 1 FREE Pokemon Trading Card Booster Packs $3.99 each

B1G1 50% Off Pixel Pals $14.99 each

20% OFF: Pokemon Toys; Hello Neighbor; Roblox Toys; Minecraft Toys; 5 Nights at Freddy's; Hatchimals; All Plush; Pokemon Trading Cards Tins & Boxes; Board Games & Puzzles

50% OFF ALL STRATEGY GUIDES!

ENJOY!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't do much trade ins with GameStop. Seems like it to be obvious if I was traiding in multiple copies of the same game even if I went to another store
1. Don't trade in multiple copies of the same game to the same store in the same transaction, even if under the limit.

2. Don't buy a new game, proceed to rip open the plastic wrapping, and then ask to trade it in, all while standing in front of the same clerk.

1. Don't trade in multiple copies of the same game to the same store in the same transaction, even if under the limit.

2. Don't buy a new game, proceed to rip open the plastic wrapping, and then ask to trade it in, all while standing in front of the same clerk.
I feel like going Robert DeNiro on the idiots that you described a la that scene from Goodfellas where the guys involved in the heist buy a Cadillac and a fur coat right after drawing unnecessary attention to everyone. "What's the matter with you?!" "What's the matter with you?!" "What the fuck the matter with you?!"

hqdefault.jpg

I don't know if my store will frown upon me buying 3 Lego games with credit and then trading them back in. Because that would be a $30 increase for me
Yeah. I guess I'm showing how little I know about GameStop trade ins and policy. You gotta learn sometime I guess.
And that's fine, everyone is new at this one point or another. I would just recommend being cautious and starting out slowly if you don't know what you're doing. Sure, you'll miss out on a few promos the first few weeks/months, but better that then learning a hard lesson with a ban.

Was lucky enough to get a non-gutted Singstar Celebration game before realizing that I'm too old to know most of the songs featured on it. Oh well. I'll just sing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and "Rehab" over and over.

Bro, don't be a lazy buttwipe and find another store to do the trade in. You're asking for your account to get flagged. You think a GS employee, especially a manager, would like the fact that you're pulling one over them and making the store take a loss? They'll assume you're either stupid or a smug sob who doesn't mind doing this right in front of them.
Honestly though, it's still good for the employee's numbers. Right off the bat they're making a multiple SKU sale with $95 in trade-ins coming right back their way. The store wins, the company loses.

TBH if I were an employee I'd encourage this kind of behavior.

Honestly though, it's still good for the employee's numbers. Right off the bat they're making a multiple SKU sale with $95 in trade-ins coming right back their way. The store wins, the company loses.

TBH if I were an employee I'd encourage this kind of behavior.
til you got fired anyway

Was lucky enough to get a non-gutted Singstar Celebration game before realizing that I'm too old to know most of the songs featured on it. Oh well. I'll just sing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and "Rehab" over and over.
I also picked up a sealed copy of this and Knowledge is Power. I already have the other two Play Link games digitally, but may go back and get physical copies of those too.

I was very pleased to see the drop on Scribblenauts.  I picked it up on release day, because my daughter and I are big fans of the previous games.  It is OK, but not as good.  I really wish I had the ability to use the touch screen on the Switch for a keyboard.  I got a price match guarantee from Best Buy and got the $12 back.

I need to drop in sometime soon and grab an Xbone copy of Pillars of Eternity for $15. That's been on my want list for a good minute.

Is it normal for the gamestop website to be totally wrong about store inventory?  It said my nearest stores had no copies of a game, when in fact my nearest store had 6 sealed copies.

Is it normal for the gamestop website to be totally wrong about store inventory? It said my nearest stores had no copies of a game, when in fact my nearest store had 6 sealed copies.
It depends - were you looking for something that had recently been converted to used? If so then even though they were still sealed and new they would have been sold as pre-owned and counted as pre-owned in their store inventory.

Ha, fired for having great numbers? Having worked for GameStop years ago, I can tell you it was the other way around. ;)
This could easily be labeled being fired for fraud.

Something that can haunt future job prospects or any job that has moral character disclosure requirements.

Is it normal for the gamestop website to be totally wrong about store inventory? It said my nearest stores had no copies of a game, when in fact my nearest store had 6 sealed copies.
Same happen to me over the weekend. The store inventory online said all copies of Burnout Paradise Remaster were out of stock in my area. I called up my local store to double check and they said they had plenty of copies in stock...

Probably best to just take the online store inventory with a gain of salt.

This could easily be labeled being fired for fraud.

Something that can haunt future job prospects or any job that has moral character disclosure requirements.
Multiple things wrong here. First off it's not fraud. If they fired you for fraud reasons for telling customers about their promos you would win a lawsuit easily. Secondly GameStop would not be able to disclose why you were terminated anyways. The only thing companies are allowed to say when getting a call about an ex employee is how long they worked there and what their pay was.

I was very pleased to see the drop on Scribblenauts. I picked it up on release day, because my daughter and I are big fans of the previous games. It is OK, but not as good. I really wish I had the ability to use the touch screen on the Switch for a keyboard. I got a price match guarantee from Best Buy and got the $12 back.
If I'm new to scribblenauts, what game should I start with? Would the Switch one be a good starter for a new player?

Multiple things wrong here. First off it's not fraud. If they fired you for fraud reasons for telling customers about their promos you would win a lawsuit easily. Secondly GameStop would not be able to disclose why you were terminated anyways. The only thing companies are allowed to say when getting a call about an ex employee is how long they worked there and what their pay was.
If an employee is allowing multiple customers to openly buy and resell the same product in the same store at a profit (and loss for Gamestop) I’m confident Gamestop would fire said employee. Especially for saying, “Hey, kid! If you buy 3 of those and trade them all in you’ll make $30 in store credit.” Imagine if said person was an RL. What the hell do you think the RL would do? I’m also confident the reason for firing would fall under fraud.

Secondly, certain jobs require you to disclose past info for moral character standards. For example, working in law. This is not the same thing as an employer giving a bad recommendation and the law limiting what can be said. This is you having to disclose something and if you are somehow caught you will not be able to continue in said profession. It’s literally a good moral character requirement.

If an employee is allowing multiple customers to openly buy and resell the same product in the same store at a profit (and loss for Gamestop) I’m confident Gamestop would fire said employee. Especially for saying, “Hey, kid! If you buy 3 of those and trade them all in you’ll make $30 in store credit.” Imagine if said person was an RL. What the hell do you think the RL would do? I’m also confident the reason for firing would fall under fraud.

Secondly, certain jobs require you to disclose past info for moral character standards. For example, working in law. This is not the same thing as an employer giving a bad recommendation and the law limiting what can be said. This is you having to disclose something and if you are somehow caught you will not be able to continue in said profession. It’s literally a good moral character requirement.
Once again nothing about that is fraud. Telling a customer that a game they bought is cheaper than what it trades in for is the truth and is information easily accessible by the customer. Even if Gamestop preferred they didn't tell the customer that which I doubt (the store gets sale numbers and trade in numbers which is all the location cares about) it's not "fraud" in any sense to tell customers about how to use policies for their benefit.

And your "moral character requirement" example is such a small percentage chance of happening combined with the small percentage chance that anyone in the law profession gave a fuck about your previous job experience at Gamestop. And even if they did they would say "yeah that's not fraud".

It's so stupid that Gamestop has created a system that routinely brings about these problems.  Human nature has always been and will always be to take advantage of whatever works in someone's own favor for the most part.  So when you create a system that easily allows that, it is foolish for a company to not have safeguards in place to protect themselves.  This isn't the 1960's when computers were just being created and figured out.  Every company spends lots of money on sophisticated systems to make sure they aren't being taken advantage of.  When you are a large corporation like Gamestop and leave it up to employees or vague notions of some honor system that customer's should have of not taking advantage, that's ridiculous.  Gamestop deserves to lose money on every transaction that isn't illegal because they could stop it if they wanted to.  And simply expecting most employees to understand or care about company profitability is foolish and shortsighted.

Anyone take advantage of the 4 for 20 deal? I have 4 9.99 n64 games in my cart and am seeing no discount! Wonder why that is?
This worked for me yesterday across all manner of games, retro through modern. Didn't work last night, nor does it work now. Website seemed to have had a major hiccup and was unresponsive yesterday afternoon for a brief period, but the sale still worked right after that. Got 43 titles, 40 of them for what ended up being $3 each with Elite.

Once again nothing about that is fraud. Telling a customer that a game they bought is cheaper than what it trades in for is the truth and is information easily accessible by the customer. Even if Gamestop preferred they didn't tell the customer that which I doubt (the store gets sale numbers and trade in numbers which is all the location cares about) it's not "fraud" in any sense to tell customers about how to use policies for their benefit.

And your "moral character requirement" example is such a small percentage chance of happening combined with the small percentage chance that anyone in the law profession gave a fuck about your previous job experience at Gamestop. And even if they did they would say "yeah that's not fraud".
Some Gamestop region leaders would call this fraud. According to the Gamestop reddit, some RL's have labelled MUCH smaller things fraud like using multiple stores to return/rebuy to use a B2G1 coupon. If you want to argue why something is or isn't fraud go ahead; isn't going to change how some in Gamestop operate. You can try to explain how it's just promoting the promotions available. You know how a judge (if it were ever to come to that, which I highly doubt) would see it? The employee is telling people how to make store credit from nothing. You can mental gymnastics this all you want, I'm just telling you how Gamestop would label this and others outside the CAG bubble would see this.

And if you think the answer is lawsuit think again. Lawsuits are incredibly expensive (10's of thousands if you go to trial). At BEST (again, best case scenario) you end up settling, signing an NDA, and still being thousands in debt thanks to attorney's fees.

As to the moral character issue, it's a bigger issue for those it affects than you are giving credence to. Not reporting it would be a really big deal (not reporting something is evidence of weak moral character). Leaving something like that to "small percentage chance of happening" is a terrible response. Being permanently barred from a profession isn't a joke.

And yes, people in law would care about being fired from a Gamestop, McDonald's, or whatever shitty job you can name that involved some act of dishonesty. You do realize that you have to report really minor things like traffic tickets over a certain amount (e.g., $100)? It's anal and overkill, but that's how moral character operates.

TL;DR

It would be extremely stupid for a Gamestop employee to actively encourage and allow boomeranging in the same store, regardless of how he/she feels about the issue.

People can armchair lawyer this to their preference all day but the fact remains that at the end of the day, none of this will happen and life will go on.

Some Gamestop region leaders would call this fraud. According to the Gamestop reddit, some RL's have labelled MUCH smaller things fraud like using multiple stores to return/rebuy to use a B2G1 coupon. If you want to argue why something is or isn't fraud go ahead; isn't going to change how some in Gamestop operate. You can try to explain how it's just promoting the promotions available. You know how a judge (if it were ever to come to that, which I highly doubt) would see it? The employee is telling people how to make store credit from nothing. You can mental gymnastics this all you want, I'm just telling you how Gamestop would label this and others outside the CAG bubble would see this.

And if you think the answer is lawsuit think again. Lawsuits are incredibly expensive (10's of thousands if you go to trial). At BEST (again, best case scenario) you end up settling, signing an NDA, and still being thousands in debt thanks to attorney's fees.

As to the moral character issue, it's a bigger issue for those it affects than you are giving credence to. Not reporting it would be a really big deal (not reporting something is evidence of weak moral character). Leaving something like that to "small percentage chance of happening" is a terrible response. Being permanently barred from a profession isn't a joke.

And yes, people in law would care about being fired from a Gamestop, McDonald's, or whatever shitty job you can name that involved some act of dishonesty. You do realize that you have to report really minor things like traffic tickets over a certain amount (e.g., $100)? It's anal and overkill, but that's how moral character operates.

TL;DR

It would be extremely stupid for a Gamestop employee to actively encourage and allow boomeranging in the same store, regardless of how he/she feels about the issue.
Just out of curiosity, what does the ‘winner’ of this lengthy argument ‘win’?

People can armchair lawyer this to their preference all day but the fact remains that at the end of the day, none of this will happen and life will go on.
This is true. Troe123 does have some valid points though. I worked for Gamestop for years and can tell you that the company would consider this to be fraud, but in most cases, they wouldn't care or ever find out about a store encouraging people to do this. It can't look great on the employee if he is selling the same games and immediately taking the same ones in as a trade moments later, it definitely looks strange for anyone looking at the transaction history.

When I worked for Gamestop we got a manager (guy was a complete tool) fired for fraud. I personally wouldn't consider what he did fraud, as he was taking advantage of his position and Gamestops systems.

Long story short the manager was selling rare Playstation games on eBay that he would get shipped from other stores to ours. I only knew this when he showed me a drawer in our back room filled with rare Playstation games, pretty much anything you could think of was there. He tried to tell me most of the games he was buying for a mutual friend of ours, which I knew wasn't true and after checking eBay for some of the games I found a seller who happened to have all the exact same games for sale. He didn't actually own the games yet though and waited to purchase them from the store with his discount after they sold on eBay. Well myself and other employees decided to go ahead and purchase one of the games he recently sold out of the back before he could. The game was Intelligent Cube and when he went to buy the game and ship it out he found out that I had sold the game to one of my friends who came in "looking for it". The manager freaked out calling me first thing that morning and was fired later that day. It turned out he had also "checked out" a number of items from the store too which he never documented like we were supposed to. So he was fired for fraud and theft.

Feel free to use this elite pro #3887016827849 online if you need free shipping. I was able to get it off someone lol.

This is true. Troe123 does have some valid points though. I worked for Gamestop for years and can tell you that the company would consider this to be fraud, but in most cases, they wouldn't care or ever find out about a store encouraging people to do this. It can't look great on the employee if he is selling the same games and immediately taking the same ones in as a trade moments later, it definitely looks strange for anyone looking at the transaction history.
The only reason LP would be looking at transaction history is if the store had become an impact store. Trust me, I knew of far more crazy shit that went down decades ago that was legitimate fraud going on at GS stores. These guys wanting to argue about advocating good ROI trades being fraud are clueless lol.

The only reason LP would be looking at transaction history is if the store had become an impact store. Trust me, I knew of far more crazy shit that went down decades ago that was legitimate fraud going on at GS stores. These guys wanting to argue about advocating good ROI trades being fraud are clueless lol.
B/c GS is known as a company for operating with consistency.

And I'm not advocating anything. I'm saying it would be extremely risky to openly and notoriously promote boomeranging (as an employee) for the reasons I stated above. Some people wouldn't get fired, other would. Getting fired for anything that involves dishonesty in any form can have long term consequences. But clearly you know everything there is to know about that.

Lol. It was "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and "Wonderwall" for me before I kind of got tired of the game and popped it out. I do know a decent number of the songs and will probably have some fun with Iggy Azalea and some of the others at some point, but the tracklisting does seem a bit lackluster this time around. Plus there is a bit of vocal lag. I used to love Singstar on the PS3 and PS2 and even sought out a bunch of older PS2 discs to use with the disc swap on PS3, but this one feels a bit meh by comparison.

bread's done
Back