Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 12/10-12/19 B2G1 Free Used PS2/ 50% Bonus Trade In Live

Sa2vador

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey CAG! As title states Gamestop has a big sale coming up. Dates are 12/10-12/19 with certain games and promotions only valid for certain days. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

UPDATES!!!!

Items that have been struck through are no longer part of the sale. Applies to 2nd post also.

B2G1 Free on used games/accessories only Valid from 12/10-12/12
50% Bonus Trade on games valid from 12/12-12/19 (This stacks with Power-Up Pro Card for 60% extra)
[PS2 Pre-owned extra 10% off valid from 12/12-12/19 (Also stacks with Pro Card for 20% off)
NOTE: This may be valid from 12/10 since the ad on the last page says it stacks with the B2G1 free. It just won't be advertised until the 12/12. Thanks stiner.

New Additions:
Buy ANY used system and get a FREE 1-year warranty Valid from 12/10-??? Usually runs $9.99-$39.99 for a warranty.

12/12-12/19??? B2G1 Free on JUST Pre-owned PS2 games. Used PS2 systems can be used in conjunction with this! The only catch is that the Used PS2 cannot be the free item so you can't by 3 PS2 systems and get one free.

ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE NEW

Valid from 12/10-12/19

Save $5

Alpha and Omega (DS)
Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers (DS,360,Wii)
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis (Ds,Wii)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP)

Alone in the Dark (360)

PC
Witcher

Save $15

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light DS
MAG PS3

Save $30

GH: Warriors of Rock Guitar Bundle (360,PS3,Wii)
Tom Clancy's Hawx 2 (360,PS3)
White Knight Chronicles PS3

Save $20

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (PS3,360)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 w/ gun (360,PS3,Wii)
EA Sports MMA (PS3,360)
James Bond: Blood Stone (PS3,360)
Spiderman; Shattered Dimensions (PS3,360)
Monster Jam 2 w/ wheel (Wii)

Front Mission Evolved (PS3,360,PC)

Following are all PC:

Crayola Creative Studio
Fallen Earth Blood Sport
Final Fantasy XIV (Standard and Collector's Version)
WOW: Battlechest
WOW: Wrath of the Lich King

Save $10

:ds:

Ataria Greatest Hits
Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush
Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Mobilized
Elebits
Grease
Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar
iCarly 2
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity
Puzzle Chronicles
Rooms: The Main Building

:psp:

Marvel Super Hero Squad
Puzzle Chronicles
Spongebob: Truth or Square

:360:

Backbreaker Football
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
FIFA Soccer 2011
GTA IV: Complete Edition
Madden NFL 2011
Medal of Honor
MySims Sky Heroes
Naughty Bear
NBA Jam
NCAA Football 2011
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011

:wii:

Bakugan: Defenders of the Core
Bass Pro Shop: The Strike w/ Rod and Reel
Bass Pro Shop: The Hunt Bundle
Cabela's MOnster Buck w/ gun
Call of Duty 3
FIFA Soccer 2011
Grease
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
Hooked Again w/; Fishing Rod
Little League World Series
Madden NFL 2011
MySims Sky Heroes
NBA Jam
NHL Slapshot
Rock Band 3
Rooms: The Main Building
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011
Wipe Out

:ps3:

Backbreaker Football
Call of Duty: World at War
FIFA Soccer 2011
GTA IV: Complete Edition
Madden NFL 2011
Medal of Honor
MySims Sky Heroes
Naughty Bear
NBA Jam
NCAA Football 2011
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Power Gig: Rise of the Six String
Red Dead Redemption
Rock Band 3
Sims 3
Tiger Woods 2011

:pc:

Hank Haney World Golf
Medal of Honor
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Sims 3 Deluxe
Sims 3 Late Night

Halo 3 Strategy Guide (WTF?!?!?!)

These are Valid from 12/12-12/19

Save $10

:ds:

My Baby & Friends 3
Penquins of Madagascar
Sonic COlors

:360:

Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Game Party (Kinect Game)
Halo Reach
Splatterhouse (New Addition
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw (2011 I believe)
Zumba Fitness

:wii:

Sonic Colors
Zumba Fitness

:ps3:

Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Splatterhouse (New Addition)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw (2011 I believe)
Zumba Fitness

Turtle Beach X11 Headset

Save $20

Fable 3
Lego Universe

Other Deals

UPDATED
Rock Band Beatles LE Bundle - 99.99 :ps3: :360:
Tony Hawk Shred - Save $30 (49.99) :360: :ps3: :wii:
DJ Hero 2 Bundle (Not Party Bundle)- Save $ 30 (49.99) :360: :ps3: :wii:
PSP go - Save $50 (149.99)
Xbox 360 External 20GB HDD - Save $10 (39.99)

Save $5 on Babysitting Mama for Wii

Save $20 on Uncharted 2 GOTY with puchase of a new PS3 System

Save $20 when you by any 2 of the following new Wii games:

Just Dance 2
Michael Jackson Experience
Just Dance Kids
Just Dance
Dance on Broadway

B1G1 50% off Select Lego Games:

Lego Batman :ds: :psp: :wii: :ps3: :pc:
Lego Battle :ds:
Lego Harry Potter (Collector's Edition also applicable) :ds: :psp: :360: :wii: :ps3: :pc:
Lego: Rock Band :ds: :360: :wii: :ps3:

Valid From 12/12-12/19:

Free plushie with Fling Smash :wii: purchase
Free Rudolf plush with purchase of Rudolf DS game

Valid From 12/12-12/13

UPDATE! Now Valid Through 12/12-12/19!

Free $10 Gift Card with purchase of One of these games:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Wii Party

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tehsolo']i just came back from gamestop with a list of 13 ps3/360 games that on amazon i could get $91 for, it came up to about $25...
even with the extra 50% its still like 1/3 of amazon and with amazon you get a gift card that can buy nearly anything. luckily i also did my grocery shopping for the week right next door or the trip would have been a total waste of time.

i honestly dont really need the money but i hate to see this pile of fairly recent games just sitting around taking up space. i did try craigslist but all people there do is lowball you or flake when you agree on a decent price, at least in my area..[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly too scared to look and see what I would've got at Amazon, but I know it's more then what I got at GS with my 60% extra.

[quote name='Amblix']Thinking about God of War 3, Resonence of Fate, and Oblivion Game of the year for $55 shipped...[/QUOTE]

They're a little more expensive so it should work out... But I was adding in some older games earlier and it was CHEAPER to just use the CAG16 + 10% you normally get then to do the B2G1.

A bit off topic but does anyone know if you have to send everything to amazon for a trade in? Like, I want to trade in my collectors edition of force unleashed but would like to keep all the extras like the USB and dlc code, would I have to send those to amazon as well?

Based of the CAG trade in, I'd get 28.80 from gamestop where I know I can keep the extras or 30.50 from amazon.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']fable III is $34.99 used. its tagged at $54.99 in store[/QUOTE]
Also, if you buy 2, you can get a 54.99 game for free. i used that to get a free COD Black Ops, Dead Rising 2, and Fallout Vegas. Now to unload the 6 Fables...

[quote name='Xdeath452x']A bit off topic but does anyone know if you have to send everything to amazon for a trade in? Like, I want to trade in my collectors edition of force unleashed but would like to keep all the extras like the USB and dlc code, would I have to send those to amazon as well?

Based of the CAG trade in, I'd get 28.80 from gamestop where I know I can keep the extras or 30.50 from amazon.[/QUOTE]

the best i can help you with is that i traded in my halo reach to amazon after having used the free helmet code that was advertised on the cover. i think as long as the game has a upc code on the case(ie not a pack in freebie) and you include the manual/case it should be ok.

Also, if you buy 2, you can get a 54.99 game for free. i used that to get a free COD Black Ops, Dead Rising 2, and Fallout Vegas. Now to unload the 6 Fables...

yeah i did that too but my store only had 2 copies of fable and i didnt feel like driving around. if i wasnt working all day i would've taken more advantage of this.

[quote name='phiberosmosis']I went into GS B&M yesterday and got MAG for 5. It was marked 20 but had a 15 off coupon attached to it. Woot[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind finding one of these, is this a common at Gamestop to have a coupon attached to it?

[quote name='phiberosmosis']I went into GS B&M yesterday and got MAG for 5. It was marked 20 but had a 15 off coupon attached to it. Woot[/QUOTE]

Really? Post the receipt?

missed this because of the snow does anybody know how often they do this. i know you can get it if you buy a power up membership but dont want to spend $15

[quote name='Xdeath452x']A bit off topic but does anyone know if you have to send everything to amazon for a trade in? Like, I want to trade in my collectors edition of force unleashed but would like to keep all the extras like the USB and dlc code, would I have to send those to amazon as well?

Based of the CAG trade in, I'd get 28.80 from gamestop where I know I can keep the extras or 30.50 from amazon.[/QUOTE]

Not sure which version you got, but just so you know I recently had my PS3 Ultimate Sith Edition returned for missing items. I sent it in without the artbook and collector's card so apparently they want everything that should come with it. Of course I could have just gotten a strict inspector having a bad day...

Do you need a headset for MAG (or like is it one of those things where people will get pissed if you don't)? I might pick it up if I don't need one.

Went in and picked up Bayonetta, Dead Space, and Batman AA for just under $40 from the sale. Hello cheap xmas presents.

I'm getting charged 12% sales tax for online orders...? Huh?
Even if I add the S/H and savings from PowerUp, it comes up to alil over 9%.
S/H and savings shouldn't even be added to the subtotal to calculate sales tax...right?

[quote name='Blazncheetah']I'm getting charged 12% sales tax for online orders...? Huh?
Even if I add the S/H and savings from PowerUp, it comes up to alil over 9%.
S/H and savings shouldn't even be added to the subtotal to calculate sales tax...right?[/QUOTE]

If online works anything like in-store in regards to the PowerUp 10% discount, then 10% off is being applied to each individual games price before the sub-total. In essence the discount is already being applied much like in-store. Like you'll see your games on the reciept, and see the following info.

I'll use one off my reciept for example:

Record of Agarest War Xbox 360 (originally $26.99) $24.29
952603 952/000
Disc: 2.70 PowerUp Reward Card 10%
You save 22.99 buying used!

And before you wonder why it says I saved $22.99, it's because the game above it on my reciept was the freebie.

Unfortunately that's probably how GSs online checkout is working. Same as in-store, by applying the discount for each game before the sub-total.

[quote name='oasisboy']I played the beta thing a long time ago, and never went back.[/QUOTE]

same here except i didn't play the beta nor the game. it looks like something i'm not interested in.

How is the game now? Played it the first week it came out but stop after the 3 matches because it was the same map each time, more than half of the opposing team of 32 was using sniper rifles and camped in corners of the map. It might have been one of the most frustrating experiences in an online shooter for me. Has balancing worked out because the mechanics of the game was decent enough.

Ima call BS on this until we get a receipt post.

[quote name='tehsolo']i just came back from gamestop with a list of 13 ps3/360 games that on amazon i could get $91 for, it came up to about $25...
even with the extra 50% its still like 1/3 of amazon and with amazon you get a gift card that can buy nearly anything. luckily i also did my grocery shopping for the week right next door or the trip would have been a total waste of time.

i honestly dont really need the money but i hate to see this pile of fairly recent games just sitting around taking up space. i did try craigslist but all people there do is lowball you or flake when you agree on a decent price, at least in my area..[/QUOTE]

I got literally the same value as I would have on Amazon.

I think mine came out to $33 on Amazon.

I got $33.50 at Gamestop today for 6 games (Split Second, CoD: WaW, Army of Two, R6 Vegas, 2 Motorstorms).

[quote name='theeipi']Also, if you buy 2, you can get a 54.99 game for free. i used that to get a free COD Black Ops, Dead Rising 2, and Fallout Vegas. Now to unload the 6 Fables...[/QUOTE]

that was only possible today (Dec 12) right as the B2G1 ends today? what if I use the B2G1 coupon that comes with PUR? I still haven't printed it.

[quote name='oasisboy']I played the beta thing a long time ago, and never went back.[/QUOTE]

I'll be like the 5th person to quote you. I just think it kind of sucks, especially when people were believing it to take Warhawks place.

Thanks for this, ended up trading a bunch of Wii games in along with the Wii(not worth that much anymore but the extra 25 helped too. Got almost 200 out of the deal. Now to wait for games I actually want...

[quote name='Gamer SDP']that was only possible today (Dec 12) right as the B2G1 ends today? what if I use the B2G1 coupon that comes with PUR? I still haven't printed it.[/QUOTE]

I got in on this
picked up spiderman shattered dimensions cuz there was nothing good at my store...

fable 3 =34.99
fable 3= 34.99
spiderman= free (shows as 54.99)

anybody know if I can swap out my free game ( spiderman) at a different store?
im hoping to swap it out for Assassin's Creed

i can already see there being questions raised

[quote name='josh62488']anybody know if I can swap out my free game ( spiderman) at a different store?

i can already see there being questions raised[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that won't be a problem. You just have to it within the 7 day return period.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']that was only possible today (Dec 12) right as the B2G1 ends today? what if I use the B2G1 coupon that comes with PUR? I still haven't printed it.[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa .. what is this coupon and how do I get it? I just got my PUR card today but they misprinted my email address!

[quote name='josh62488']I got in on this
picked up spiderman shattered dimensions cuz there was nothing good at my store...

fable 3 =34.99
fable 3= 34.99
spiderman= free (shows as 54.99)

anybody know if I can swap out my free game ( spiderman) at a different store?

i can already see there being questions raised[/QUOTE]

seeing that, I can easily tell you are up to no good. I have always got a red flag when trying to return games as part of a b2g1. Hell, I've even been told that I can swap a "free" game since it was free.

[quote name='chuckywang']Whoa whoa whoa .. what is this coupon and how do I get it? I just got my PUR card today but they misprinted my email address![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maxim726X']Anyone know the odds of the TIV value of Fable 3 decreasing tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
Pretty big. A lot of people got in on this. I can see the value dropping to like $15

[quote name='Envel']Pretty big. A lot of people got in on this. I can see the value dropping to like $15[/QUOTE]

Yeah figured as much... I'm assuming that corporate knows of this loophole by this point.

I have a few copies which I was going to try and return tomorrow. Oh well, I saved the receipts.

Ended up buying MAG. Back in 2004-2005 I played Socom religiously and while this is no Socom, I became a fan of Zipper's work so I am sure I will like MAG.

i thought this was part of the power saver sale. i saw a $15 off coupon yesterday when i stopped by gs on new versions. $30 - 15 = $15; i am considering going back to pick it up.

I just compared TIV for my stack of :360: games that need to go (Batman: AA, Dead Rising, Saints Row 2, Pro Evo Soccer 2010, Shaun White Snowboarding).

Gamestop: $42
Amazon: $36.50

Looks like I'll be heading to GS tomorrow to get a 1600 MSP card that'll cover X-MEN Arcade, Tetris Splash, Zuma, and Sunset Riders. I'll probably use the rest of my trade credit on a copy of Raiden IV. Not a bad deal, and no UPS/Noram worries with Amazon!

I hated the beta to this and think that Bad Company 2/Killzone 2 destroy this, BUT I hear there have been massive improvements to this game, I dunno. Still not buying, but this is a good price.

bread's done
Back