GameStop Preorder Bonus - Sonic Colors Wii or DS - (Crazy Epic) Sonic Hat!

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
Wii Version
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78148

DS Version
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78149

A hat to make your Scribblenauts hat jealous.

Sonic_Colors-bonusLG.jpg

In no way is this hat epic.
Scribblenauts preorder rooster hat was way more epic.

Sorry I corrected you OP, but your lack of attention to detail infuriated me.
Also, it's the internet, get over it.

Funny how it's a thread advertising the hat, but the contents are about people getting laid because of Anime. Completely out of topic, since I can't see too many people getting laid in this hat.

[quote name='blackandbluehero']Sorry I corrected you OP, but your lack of attention to detail infuriated me.
Also, it's the internet, get over it.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Reminds me of the head part of my kindergarten Halloween Sonic costume.

I'll play it safe and get the DS version. The handheld Sonics have been okay so far...

[quote name='blackandbluehero']In no way is this hat epic.
Scribblenauts preorder rooster hat was way more epic.

Sorry I corrected you OP, but your lack of attention to detail infuriated me.
Also, it's the internet, get over it.[/QUOTE]
haters-gonna-hate.gif

[quote name='etcrane']Did you play it at E3?[/quote]
I pretty much beat the entire Episode 1.

Any reason it seemed horrible?
It just didn't ever "feel" right, in terms of movement. The jump trajectories and stuff felt really weird. That, and the visuals are kind of hard to read. The platforms and backgrounds just kind of mush into each other. Sonic has always had busy graphics, but at least the old SD versions were low-res and zoomed-in close enough to be able to take it all in fairly easily. Stage design was okay, at least, but it just never felt right moving through them. I guess "horrible" is a bit harsh (but I do kind of just hate Sonic now), but I couldn't say it was better than like, 6 out of 10, from what I played.

Then again, they're supposedly tweaking it a lot, now that they've delayed it, so, maybe they'll fix it after all. It has a chance, if they can just get it to feel better.

And hey, since it's going to be multiple episodes, there's always a chance that the follow-ups could be big improvements, so, I'll still give it a chance.

If SEGA can't get Sonic 4 right, they may as well just kill Sonic as a character or gift him to Nintendo and walk away.
Well yeah. Though, Dimps (who did Sonic Rush) is actually developing Sonic 4, not Sega internally.

Suggestion to parents: Get Mario Hat. Get Sonic Hat.

Always praise kid with Mario Hat. Always be disappointed with kid with Sonic Hat. Parenting!

Also, utopian (you are still utopian to me): I believe I actually have a DQ Slime hat. Not the crappy one Best Buy has, but an awesome one. I will try to find it. It goes well with my Kirby hat.

Also, so many of these comments are just so terrible.

[quote name='Strell']Also, utopian (you are still utopian to me): I believe I actually have a DQ Slime hat. Not the crappy one Best Buy has, but an awesome one. I will try to find it. It goes well with my Kirby hat.[/QUOTE]

Nice. You should post pics to show how crappy the Best Buy hat is.

And yeah, considering I was utopianmachine for 4 years, I feel a little lost now.

Dang! You guys are going to make me buy a game @ MSRP I don't even want for a stupid hat! Maybe I'll just flip it to eBay on release day to try to get some of my money back. Returning it is just too dishonest for me.

Edit: and now I'm looking for a Scribblenauts hat on eBay... CAG.. what has it done to me??

The Sonic hat was included in this years GameStop Conference Swag Package. There's no way I'm wearing this in a picture, so I put it on my Chomp Soccer Ball, and it turned out a pretty decent model.

sonic1.jpg
sonic2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UGH. I really want this game, and I really want the hat, but I don't want to have to pay MSRP for it. XD I was hoping Amazon would get the hat, too, since I have a bunch of credit there. But they put the page up today and it doesn't mention the hat or anything, so I may have to just buy it at Gamestop with ACTUAL money. :p

[quote name='guinaevere']The Sonic hat was included in this years GameStop Conference Swag Package. There's no way I'm wearing this in a picture, so I put it on my Bob-omb Soccer Ball, and it turned out a pretty decent model.

sonic1.jpg
sonic2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks more like a Chomp to me. :roll:

[quote name='guinaevere']The Sonic hat was included in this years GameStop Conference Swag Package. There's no way I'm wearing this in a picture, so I put it on my Bob-omb Soccer Ball, and it turned out a pretty decent model.

sonic1.jpg
sonic2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is pretty cool...cool looking Chomp soccer ball too. How do you get access to swag early? You work at GS or know someone that does?

[quote name='Vector']Looks more like a Chomp to me. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Good gosh, I should have my gamer card removed. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks, I fixed my post.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That is pretty cool...cool looking Chomp soccer ball too. How do you get access to swag early? You work at GS or know someone that does?[/QUOTE]My nice young man (as Gramma calls him) is a GS store manager. Game Stop just had their yearly conference, and the managers get all sorts of swag from all the vendors that show.
This year, with the exception of Xbox giving them each Kinect when it comes out, they really didn't get anything too impressive. Nintendo gave out Donkey Kong (again, it'll be sent out to each manger who went to the conference when it comes out), and that was pretty much it.

Cyric gave me an inflatable Dead Space 2 gun, an inflatable Dragon Age 2 something (in a packet, I haven't opened it yet), an xseed cd sampler (some music from Ys), an MMA temp tatoo, Castlevania Tshirt for my brother, and this years Capcom Shot Glasses (four pack, with Street Fighter, Final Fight, Ghouls and Ghosts and Mega Man. Last years was better, it was Dead Rising 2, Resident Evil, Lost Planet and... and... dang, I forget and I'm too lazy to go upstairs).

He kept a couple t shirts, and I didn't want the little Plants vs Zombies zombie guy, so he kept that too. I think this was his sixth Conference, and he was pretty disappointed with it. Not just the free stuff, but just the vendor presentations in general.

Nice! I actually went into a Gamestop over the weekend to pic up their last copy of the collector's edition of SMT: Persona for the PSP, and the girl working there was sporting that baby atop her head! I couldn't help but compliment her, but I didn't ask where she got it. Now I know! :) Even though I have almost zero interest in purchasing this game, I may have to pre-order just to get the uber-nerd hat!

[quote name='guinaevere']Good gosh, I should have my gamer card removed. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks, I fixed my post.
[/QUOTE]
Just make sure it doesn't happen again! :p

[quote name='MaelstromB']the girl working there was sporting that baby atop her head! I couldn't help but compliment her[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you did. These hats are not in the least flattering, and I give her props for wearing it in public! :applause:

[quote name='Vector']Just make sure it doesn't happen again! :p[/QUOTE]
Seriously. That's one of my prized possessions, it was a Nintendo Power contest years back, and I won one of only five or ten (iirc) of those soccer balls made.

Sonic-hat-wearing Chain Chomp Soccer Ball would make the most awesome mafia don ever. Like so:

thechompfather.png

I made him a chomp he couldn't refuse!

you can get the sonic hat right now at FYE stores. no need for pre-order thees things aren't that rare, pretty common its like $15 or something

So this came out yesterday right? I totally forgot to go to GS. I'm going to call later today and hope that my hat is waiting for me.

I did a walk in and the guy knows me so he hooked me up with the hat. Its as epic as one could imagine. Definately wearing this around town

bread's done
Back