Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used my PUR # and sony50 on Gamestop.com to get the infamous collection for $15. Sony50 did not need to be in caps for it to work. I added it to my cart, viewed my cart, entered my PUR number first, and then entered sony50 and apply. Only 1 game at a discount per purchase. This offer did not show up for me at all on my powerup rewards. Saver does stack and work to get free shipping over 24.99. Renewed my Game Informer mag for 2 years to get over the 24.99 and get free shipping on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
PUR member, but not a PUR "Pro" member and don't plan to be (BBY @Gamer kicks ass at better deals, of course). Can I just walk in and get GOW saga for $20 or will I have to PM at my local Best buy? They're always eager to accommodate me..

[quote name='jcp42877']PUR member, but not a PUR "Pro" member and don't plan to be (BBY @Gamer kicks ass at better deals, of course). Can I just walk in and get GOW saga for $20 or will I have to PM at my local Best buy? They're always eager to accommodate me..[/QUOTE]

Both Gamestop and BestBuy gets great deals imo but BB is better with it comes to deals.

You have to be a Powerup member to get it. To get it in store, you have to be a PUR PRO member. Price matching at BB would be hard unless they don't see that it shows that you need a coupon for it to work. Also the prices on the site are full price (GOW Saga shows as $40) and is only discounted after you enter the discount code.

Good luck though.

cWTj2.jpg
[/IMG]

YMMV @ BEST BUY but a lil chit chat and screen grabs of game stops "active offers" scored me half off of my HD collection of choice:p helped that the associate was cool too. Plan on exchanging saga though for origins and collection tomorrow cause I prefer having origins on disk .

quick question about online orders:

Tax on GameStop's website seems to be calculated wrong... Does it charge tax for the full, pre-discount price either way, or will the correct value be charged to my Gift Card once I place the order? :S

[quote name='DarkPGR']quick question about online orders:

Tax on GameStop's website seems to be calculated wrong... Does it charge tax for the full, pre-discount price either way, or will the correct value be charged to my Gift Card once I place the order? :S[/QUOTE]

I finally got it to work, but it's screwed up and charges you the tax on the pre-discounted price, so you pay double the tax that you should on checkout.

[quote name='bruceg']I finally got it to work, but it's screwed up and charges you the tax on the pre-discounted price, so you pay double the tax that you should on checkout.[/QUOTE]
My order history on GameStop.com still shows $17.42 for each order I placed but my checking account shows pending transactions of only $16.20. The checkout page itself says ESTIMATED tax. It should correct itself.

[quote name='slamoco']Used my PUR # and sony50 on Gamestop.com to get the infamous collection for $15. Sony50 did not need to be in caps for it to work. I added it to my cart, viewed my cart, entered my PUR number first, and then entered sony50 and apply. Only 1 game at a discount per purchase. This offer did not show up for me at all on my powerup rewards. Saver does stack and work to get free shipping over 24.99. Renewed my Game Informer mag for 2 years to get over the 24.99 and get free shipping on this.[/QUOTE]

You could have bought only inFamous and got the free shipping. As long as the game is $24.99 or more BEFORE the 50% off, you're good to go.

...Still trying to figure out why I was charged tax using GS credit. Unless the 'no tax' is meant for used.

[quote name='bruceg']I finally got it to work, but it's screwed up and charges you the tax on the pre-discounted price, so you pay double the tax that you should on checkout.[/QUOTE]

It's not "screwed up". It's suppose to charge you the original price tax.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Can someone post the screens for when the pages did say they were 50% off so others can attempt to price off.[/QUOTE]

I could use one for Ico. Having the page open when it still showed the deal for Killzone earlier worked for me. I'm going to try BBY for a price match as well tomorrow with one of the coupons posted here.

gamestop.jpg

[quote name='thunder2']My order history on GameStop.com still shows $17.42 for each order I placed but my checking account shows pending transactions of only $16.20. The checkout page itself says ESTIMATED tax. It should correct itself.[/QUOTE]

This. I used a gift card and my balance shows about $3.xx more than what it should be when I deduct Gow and R&C purchase price in my email.

[quote name='thunder2']My order history on GameStop.com still shows $17.42 for each order I placed but my checking account shows pending transactions of only $16.20. The checkout page itself says ESTIMATED tax. It should correct itself.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to make sure because I was planning to use a Gift Card I have... I don't want to lose a couple dollars over this D:

[quote name='coopscohen']This. I used a gift card and my balance shows about $3.xx more than what it should be when I deduct Gow and R&C purchase price in my email.[/QUOTE]

Beat me by a second, thats exactly what I needed to know, thanks! :D

Well, this thread sure grew by a sizable portion since I posted about my lack of a coupon (back on page...five).

Funny though, on the GS website I thought about using SONY50 and SAVER on R&C but thought the tax would've made the total too much for my liking:

$29.99 Ratchet & Clank Collection
+$2.80 CA Tax
-$15.00 SONY50
+$0.00 SAVER
= $17.79

Same with J&D, which I wanted at $10:
$19.99 Jak and Daxter Collection
+$1.75 CA Tax
-$10.00 SONY50
+3.49 Value Shipping (not eligible for SAVER)
= $15.23

Maybe if I get the actual coupon in my offers page, I'll reconsider. Or maybe I'm just being too cheap.

[quote name='Jville808']I could use one for Ico. Having the page open when it still showed the deal for Killzone earlier worked for me. I'm going to try BBY for a price match as well tomorrow with one of the coupons posted here.

gamestop.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I meant the actually screens from Gamestop's website on each page for each game before they took it away. I guess its worth attempting to use this screen since it has all the games listed and shows that it is 50% but BB does not accept coupons so who knows.

fuck the stupid website still doesn't work for me >.< getting an error message every single time I click the last button to place my order >.

My order summary and history show I'm being charged the full amount, so I'll see if that's what actually gets charged to my card.

[quote name='Tdog987']Picked up Journey CE, JaD HDC, and I/S HDC online for a total of $41.95[/QUOTE]

Tell me your secrets.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Can't be bothered to look through the last 30 pages. Has anyone found out how to get these deals without receiving that coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I went to Gamestop without the coupon and picked up Jak and Dexter Collection and Ratchet Collection.

Employee rings it up and Jak is still 19.99 and Ratchet 29.99 I show him my phone which under Jak and Ratchet say's 50% off and he looks around for a code, finds nothing and checks his phone to make sure I didn't do anything sneaky see's it and manually changes it for me.

Walked off with both for 27 plus change

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Can't be bothered to look through the last 30 pages. Has anyone found out how to get these deals without receiving that coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I'm only going to be nice once. SONY50 lets you get in on the deal online.

Just placed an order, second-guessed my purchase (AKA more for the backlog) and immediately cancelled it. I think I'm done thinking about this deal, more power to the rest of you taking advantage of it; these are great prices so don't pass it up like I'm doing, lol.

Grabbed Ico/SotC for myself and Jak Collection for a friend. Thank you for hooking us up with the online code! I swore there were going to be riots once the scant nature of the coupon started to show itself last night around this time...

Tip if you want to get the $10 games and still use SAVER.

I just added 4 cheap PS2 games I needed since the B2G2 sale on them stack with SAVER & SONY50 and my total came to $14.94 for the 5 games. Technically it's subbing 4 games for the shipping cost but it's a win IMO.

Order Contents:
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection 1 $19.99
clear.gif

Speed Kings 1 $1.49
clear.gif

Gundam: Journey to Jaburo - Used 1 $1.99
clear.gif

4x4 Evolution 1 $1.99
clear.gif

Mercury Meltdown Remix - Used 1 $1.99

Ship this package to:

Shipping Method:
Value - $0.00
clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif
PUR Member Receive 50% off 1 select Sony Title with coupon. Expires 11/14/2012.
clear.gif
-$10.00
clear.gif

Discount
clear.gif
-$0.15
clear.gif

Buy 2 Get 2 Free on Pre-Owned PS2 games $3.99 and under. Not valid with other offers. Expires 12/31/2012.
clear.gif
-$1.34
clear.gif

Discount
clear.gif
-$0.20
clear.gif

Discount
clear.gif
-$0.20
clear.gif

Discount
clear.gif
-$0.20
clear.gif

Buy 2 Get 2 Free on Pre-Owned PS2 games $3.99 and under. Not valid with other offers. Expires 12/31/2012.
clear.gif
-$1.79
clear.gif

Subtotal:
clear.gif
$13.57
clear.gif

Estimated Tax:
clear.gif
$1.37
clear.gif

Handling:
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

Total:
clear.gif
$14.94

If you want the $10 games and don't want to pay for shipping, just buy something cheap to get it up to $15, then return it in-store.

[quote name='Fukurou']If you want the $10 games and don't want to pay for shipping, just buy something cheap to get it up to $15, then return it in-store.[/QUOTE]

Someone also mentioned adding a $5 gift card.

[quote name='yruluis']Tell me your secrets.[/QUOTE]

You have to buy each game separately...I also live in Oregon (No sales tax)

You also have a power up rewards card (not sure if requires a pro or just the free basic)...I bought a pro today for $15/yr...comes with a sub for Game Informer too.

For Journey CE I used the SONY50 code to get it to $14.99 and the SAVER code for Free shipping

For Jack and Daxter I used the SONY50 code to get it to $9.99 + $3.49 shipping...SAVER doesn't work

For Ico/Shadow I did the same as Jak and Dexter.

You have to put in your power up rewards card or the codes don't work.

[quote name='Yigytugd']For the gift cards, do I get a code for it and can I use it immediately to apply to the other deals?[/QUOTE]

I tested it and it looks like they send you an actual gift card so no to your question unfortunately.

[quote name='shadowkast']I see $10 min for gift cards[/QUOTE]

In the other box, even though it says (min $10) it will let you add a $5.

Thanks for responding. Damn. Didn't realize that you just purchase the game alone if the game was 29.99 before coupon. Got Journey and ratchet and clank.

Too busy killing mosquitoes to go to sleep.

[quote name='Tdog987']You have to buy each game separately...I also live in Oregon (No sales tax)

You also have a power up rewards card (not sure if requires a pro or just the free basic)...I bought a pro today for $15/yr...comes with a sub for Game Informer too.

For Journey CE I used the SONY50 code to get it to $14.99 and the SAVER code for Free shipping

For Jack and Daxter I used the SONY50 code to get it to $9.99 + $3.49 shipping...SAVER doesn't work

For Ico/Shadow I did the same as Jak and Dexter.

You have to put in your power up rewards card or the codes don't work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']Just a warning, the two Origins games in GOW Saga are download vouchers, not hard copies. Sony misled people on that one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was about to go back into the store and tell them they forgot to give me that disc until I realized it.

Hey, so I'm too lazy to look through the thread. Here's my question:
Can I use the coupon for multiple items assuming each item is a different transaction?

And what would you guys recommend getting? I'm playing GOW I+II HD and it's pretty fun, so I could go for the GOW saga but I'm hoping it and the controller bundle go on sale. Already have UC 1+2 and Killzone trilogy.

[quote name='redmangoose']Hey, so I'm too lazy to look through the thread. Here's my question:
Can I use the coupon for multiple items assuming each item is a different transaction?

And what would you guys recommend getting? I'm playing GOW I+II HD and it's pretty fun, so I could go for the GOW saga but I'm hoping it and the controller bundle go on sale. Already have UC 1+2 and Killzone trilogy.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can and should use the coupon for multiple transactions. As for the collections, you should get all of them. Literally, they are all well worth the money and all great games.

[quote name='shadowkast']Thanks but SAVER wouldn't apply. Even tried $6 gc to be safe[/QUOTE]

You're using a physical address and not a PO Box right? I know someone said they had that problem with the SAVER code.

After reading through all the experiences going into Gamestop in this thread, I can clearly see why people prefer to shop online. I am always shocked when ANY B/M store actually knows about their own promotions. I am always the one telling them about it, then they have to go look it up, etc. If a B/M store really wants to compete, they should train their damn employees and keep them abreast of all relevant current promotions.

bread's done
Back