Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone found one of the GOW Saga Dualshock bundles at their store even when the website shows zero locations in stock for like 100 miles?

Both of my dualshocks don't seem to hold a charge anymore, so I was thinking of trading them both in and pay the difference for one of the bundles..

Don't wanna waste a drive though. Because all local stores say not available..

this is so fucked up on GameStop's part... so people are getting coupons in waves? So a lot of people (like me it seems) will not receive it until its too late already and the stuff is sold out at their local stores... WTF gamestop!?

[quote name='jcp42877']Has anyone found one of the GOW Saga Dualshock bundles at their store even when the website shows zero locations in stock for like 100 miles?

Both of my dualshocks don't seem to hold a charge anymore, so I was thinking of trading them both in and pay the difference for one of the bundles..

Don't wanna waste a drive though. Because all local stores say not available..[/QUOTE]

Yeah the store close to me had GoW, infamous, and ratchet bundle packs

[quote name='Vigilante']Just in case you're right, I'm keeping all four of the collections I picked up through this sale sealed; if BBY happens to have a similar promotion, I'll buy them again there and return the GS copies since I have more BBY credit than GS credit.

Of course, I could always open them if I wanted, buy them from BBY, and return those copies to GS for the same result...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

CAGkrazy is right and so are you. I already planned on doing the same. GS is know to put games on sale right before a msrp comes to try and get a few extra bucks, can't blame them. It's business.

I got the coupon today in my active offers. I am not a pro member. I did not think I would get the coupon since I hardly buy anything from Game Stop, much less any Sony products from there. However, I did order a couple of the Sony HD collections a couple days ago when the SONY50 code worked. I believe that is why they sent the coupon to me today.

[quote name='shadowkast']CAGkrazy is right and so are you. I already planned on doing the same. GS is know to put games on sale right before a msrp comes to try and get a few extra bucks, can't blame them. It's business.[/QUOTE]

Smart thinking...but do you really think these collections will be on sale somewhere else so soon? I mean, most of them just came out.

I too have plenty of BBY credit I'd like to unload, but the chances of them following suit as this sale? Highly doubtful. Besides...this is seeming to be random for members, and exclusive just to a GS coupon

[quote name='jcp42877']Has anyone found one of the GOW Saga Dualshock bundles at their store even when the website shows zero locations in stock for like 100 miles?

Don't wanna waste a drive though. Because all local stores say not available..[/QUOTE]

The store nearest to me had 1 or 2 in stock when I picked up GoW Saga today. Does it show out of stock or the yellow *limited stock? Because the limited stock one means it's possible they still have it. GoW Saga shows up as *limited stock at every GS within 50 miles of me, but when I went there today they had 1 copy left which I got.

Traded-in Infamous 2 and AC2. And only paid $2.75 for a new* R&C and J&D collection. Pretty good deal, surprised they still paid me $8 for AC2 (w/ 60% bonus though).

*New by Gamestop definition

Actually yes, my local store had at least 2 on the wall but its not showing up online, might be worth taking a chance on

im not sure what happened but i went to gstop, traded in infamous 2, ssx, and king of fighters, and got ico, jak, and infamous collection. some dude grabbed the last infamous collection, so the manager let me buy the one with the controller for half price and told me to trade in the controller. i left with my games and a 29 dollar gift card. lol

So I'm just now paying attention to this, even though I shouldn't be, ha. I may get a PS3 come Black Friday, so this piques my interest.

But there's no coupon in my account - though it's a free account, since I've had no inclination to renew since going non-Pro in April. And the Sony50 coupon doesn't work for me. So, being a free member, is there any way I can take advantage of this?

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Picked up Ico/SotC, Jak, and Killzone trilogy for $40 plus tax. Big thanks for the heads-up! I would never have noticed this coupon otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Same exact pickups for me. Also found a sealed Zone of the Enders Limited Edition for the ps3 and about 5 sealed copies of the limited edition guide to Final Fantasy XII. o_O Good day!

I got the coupon and went to gamestop and the guy said it was valid only for 1 game and I tried to get ratchet and clank then he said that its only for paid members of power up rewards and it wouldn't go though. This guy is always trying to sell me the membership and I always say no. So It didn't work. I go to another gamestop and walk out with ratchet and clank and jak and dexter. This guy was lying to me trying to sell me the membership I filed a complaint on this guy already

Went in bought ICO, Jak and Ratchet. Wanted to gonna get Journey too but the only one they had was gutted so I left it.

Also having GOW Saga incoming, I went to BB traded in GOW Collection for $8 and took that Sealed Ratchet I just purchased with my receipt from having bought it at $30 few weeks ago at BB and did a credit exchange.
After all that, Walked out BB with a copy of Vita Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation for $2.80.

Does anyone know if I could use my same coupon again??
I'm seriously debating going to a different GS to get a sealed Journey.

[quote name='shadylane']Picture of coupon? Anybody?[/QUOTE]

The coupons are one time use and not everyone is getting them. Nobody is just going to give up their coupon..

[quote name='jer7583']The coupons are one time use and not everyone is getting them. Nobody is just going to give up their coupon..[/QUOTE]

Although you weren't replying to me, Thanks for answering my question.

[quote name='Havok83']thanks. I sent an email and hope I get a good response[/QUOTE]

Well, I called them this morning and assuming it's the same customer service people that respond to the emails then you aren't going to get the "criteria" for who gets a coupon. I vented my frustration with my call to those assholes in an earlier post; but the summary is they told me that they "didn't know and couldn't find out the criteria" :bs: and that they had "sent out all the available coupons and couldn't make anymore because it was a deal from Sony, which they only received a limited amount of", which still seems like :bs: to me given that I made the call at 10am and now at nearly 5am, I have seen a ton of people just up here still saying that they "just got" the coupon.

So unfortunately based on the experience I had with the call despite getting put through to the supposed "call center supervisor", pressing him about the "discrimination" aspect repeatedly, and getting nothing, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a favorable response. Let us know if you get anything helpful because I for one would honestly like to know what the fucking "criteria" is seeing as so many people up here at least, are still getting coupons as we speak. :whistle2:|

Got a kick ass deal out of this.

Traded in:

God of War Collection: $8
God of War III: $8
Heavy Rain: $16

Total Credit: $32

Bought:

Infamous Collection: $15
God of War Saga: $20
Killzone Trilogy: $20
Heavy Rain Director's Cut: $20

Total: $79.50 (after tax)

Final Total: $79.50 - $32 = $47.50 out the door

So I get 12 games + loads of DLC and extras for all of that. Add to the fact that I used my bonus 10 dollars kmart rewards points to get Vanquish for free...today has been a great day!

does it work on the controller bundle? that would be awesome!!!

[quote name='kosmos13x']Got a kick ass deal out of this.

Traded in:

God of War Collection: $8
God of War III: $8
Heavy Rain: $16

Total Credit: $32

Bought:

Infamous Collection: $15
God of War Saga: $20
Killzone Trilogy: $20
Heavy Rain Director's Cut: $20

Total: $79.50 (after tax)

Final Total: $79.50 - $32 = $47.50 out the door

So I get 12 games + loads of DLC and extras for all of that. Add to the fact that I used my bonus 10 dollars kmart rewards points to get Vanquish for free...today has been a great day![/QUOTE]

where did u trade in that stuff at

Forgot my coupon at home, wen to BB told the manager about it and he said without the coupon he could price match only one :D , ended up getting ICO

[quote name='starmask2k3']where did u trade in that stuff at[/QUOTE]

Gamestop. Just a reminder that they are running a 50% bonus cred (plus your pro bonus) for trade ins towards certain sony collection days.

So its a 50% off / 50% trade in combo deal ;)

Ordered Ratchet and clank collection online the other day using the code. Today I got my coupon in my free power up rewards account. Went to gamestop and traded in:

Infamous $6.40
Infamous 2 $14.40
GTA IV $11.20
White Knight Chronicles $3.20

Bought Infamous Collection (got more for both infamous than this costed and this also come with festival of blood), Journey and Jak and Daxter. Decided to go ahead and upgrade to powerup pro. Total out of pocket after trade ins and upgrading was $23.47.

Infamous and Journey were gutted and they didnt have any sealed copies, but did have a sealed of Jak. I still bought them all, I don't understand why people won't buy a copy if its not sealed, as long as it comes with everything what does it matter? I am gonna open it and play it anyways.

[quote name='jcp42877']Personally, I've never understood the argument on physical over digital copies of games...

Many people argue that it's because "when the world of gaming goes all digital in yadda yadda years, I want to be able to pop in my game and play it, and not rely on some server to let me play what I spent MY money on!"

Bullshit. Everyone just wants a physical disc for "security" in case they DO ultimately get tired of it, and want to sell it off somewhere to make back a portion of what they originally paid. I know I'm not the only one thinking this either..

And TO that stated argument above: it's not like some major epidemic is going to happen that deletes all your downloaded games of your console. I'm sure in 20 yrs when whatever is out, you can boot up your old 360 or PS3, if it's still working respectively, and still play whatever full game download is on your harddrive.[/QUOTE]

Bull shit. I have never traded in a game but I won't go near digital why? Maybe it's because I like my paper money to equal something plastic I can feel in my hand. Maybe it is because my video game shelf looks fucking awesome with over 300 cased games.

I got mine this morning. For those of you who didn't, the promotion is supposed to start tomorrow, so I'm sure that you'll get one soon.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned already but you can go to Gamestop.com, check the availablity of a game at a store near you, and put it on hold.

I did this with Ratchet and Clank and received a "pickup is ready" e-mail AND a call from the store from a live person telling me I can pick the game up. The e-mail said they can hold a game for up to two days.

Just a heads up, the tracking info on all my orders are working now. All of my games are shipping from Tennessee, and I'm expected to get them Thursday.

[quote name='Cage017']I'm not sure if it was mentioned already but you can go to Gamestop.com, check the availablity of a game at a store near you, and put it on hold.

I did this with Ratchet and Clank and received a "pickup is ready" e-mail AND a call from the store from a live person telling me I can pick the game up. The e-mail said they can hold a game for up to two days.[/QUOTE]I bolded and partially underlined the last part because that means they can totally stop holding a game for you after the end of the first day. Just an FYI.

Debating whether i should trade in GoW Collection and GoWIII to get the 5-game version. Are the PSP GoW's decent looking in HD?

Also curious if they accept PS2 games -- i have never traded at GS before.

To anyone who hasn't gotten their coupon yet, make sure you have in your PUR settings that you actually own a PS3 -- there's a place where you check a box to say which systems you own. It would be logical for them to send the coupon to only those accounts marked as owning a PS3

EDIT: also, are all the games physically on the disc, or are some downloads?

Again, has anyone tried to trade in a controller to see if there is a 50% bonus on accessories as well? I don't think anyone has posted on this yet.

[quote name='pasolini']Debating whether i should trade in GoW Collection and GoWIII to get the 5-game version. Are the PSP GoW's decent looking in HD?

Also curious if they accept PS2 games -- i have never traded at GS before.

To anyone who hasn't gotten their coupon yet, make sure you have in your PUR settings that you actually own a PS3 -- there's a place where you check a box to say which systems you own. It would be logical for them to send the coupon to only those accounts marked as owning a PS3

EDIT: also, are all the games physically on the disc, or are some downloads?[/QUOTE]

There is a demo on the PS Store!

By the way, I am not using my code. PM if you want to trade it for something :) I won't give it away because I don't like getting a lot of PM messages -_-

Got the coupon this morning, but wont be using. I already got GOW Saga and Infamous collection for cheap (not better than this deal, but...) last week buy buying the DS3 bundles and then trading the 2 DS3s back in along with GOW III and Infamous all with 60% bonus. I'm not interested in the rest of the titles. Will trade for $ off PUR coupon(s). PM me if interested.

[quote name='Desousa93']Bull shit. I have never traded in a game but I won't go near digital why? Maybe it's because I like my paper money to equal something plastic I can feel in my hand. Maybe it is because my video game shelf looks fucking awesome with over 300 cased games.[/QUOTE]
I think digital sucks because one day you won't be able to re-download the games you bought. If it is on disc you can always find a copy on ebay.

[quote name='inky1600']Again, has anyone tried to trade in a controller to see if there is a 50% bonus on accessories as well? I don't think anyone has posted on this yet.[/QUOTE]

Very interested in an answer for this. Anyone know? I'll try it out tomorrow otherwise.

[quote name='Vinny']I was thinking they sent these out to people from whom they haven't gotten much business lately, but it would be odd to send out a Sony offer to draw people in (as not everyone has a PS3). I wonder if these weren't sent to people who buy a lot of Playstation brand games (as almost 80% of my GS purchases are PS2/3 games).[/QUOTE]

Haven't had a working PS3 in over three years. And I got this powerup a little more than a year ago, so I doubt that's it since I just received a coupon on my account.

went to my gamestop, tried to buy Journey, jak and ICo.
Jak and Ico were sealed, but journey was gutted. They wanted to sell me as new. I said: this game is open, and the disc is in an envelope. I am not buying as new"

The cashier: "we do this to save space" I was WTF??????
just went to another store and got all three, sealed.

fucking gamestop, pulling shit

[quote name='Davivascaino']went to my gamestop, tried to buy Journey, jak and ICo.
Jak and Ico were sealed, but journey was gutted. They wanted to sell me as new. I said: this game is open, and the disc is in an envelope. I am not buying as new"

The cashier: "we do this to save space" I was WTF??????
just went to another store and got all three, sealed.

fucking gamestop, pulling shit[/QUOTE]

I bought my copies and they were gutted, I really don't see the big deal as long as everything is there, you are gonna open it anyways aren't ya? I mean yeah, if there is a sealed copy I get that instead but I really don't see why it matters all that much.

bread's done
Back