Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked today and I was surprised to see that I had a coupon. Went and picked up Ico/sotc for $10.59 out the door. I had been waiting for this to go on sale, and I figured I probably wouldn't be able to find it much cheaper than this. Plus, I used my new playstation credit card for this purchase, so now I just have to wait for them to email me codes for $50 on psn and a free year of ps+.

[quote name='Davivascaino']went to my gamestop, tried to buy Journey, jak and ICo.
Jak and Ico were sealed, but journey was gutted. They wanted to sell me as new. I said: this game is open, and the disc is in an envelope. I am not buying as new"

The cashier: "we do this to save space" I was WTF??????
just went to another store and got all three, sealed.

fucking gamestop, pulling shit[/QUOTE]

They're required to have the opinion that opened is still new to work there. Don't go nuts over it.

Alright, so I just got off the phone with PowerUpRewards customer service line....SUPPOSEDLY, the coupons went out randomly, like a lottery, as the agent told, so not everyone will get one. I kinda bluntly put it said, that's ridiculous that gamestop would do that...I pointed out that I had over 150,000 lifetime points at gamestop and that I was very disappointed that I didn't receive one and wanted to know if he could do something to correct it. He said there was no coupons or offers he could apply to my account nor anything he could do. He even suggested contacting corporate directly and seeing if there's anything they could do. Very discouraging, but I thought I'd at least share with other fellow CAGs that were hoping for a coupon. :(

[quote name='Davivascaino']went to my gamestop, tried to buy Journey, jak and ICo.
Jak and Ico were sealed, but journey was gutted. They wanted to sell me as new. I said: this game is open, and the disc is in an envelope. I am not buying as new"

I've had this exact thing happen to me before. So I was like "Okay, will you pay me full retail price for any games that I trade in? I promise that I haven't used them."

If the seal is broke it's a used item. I don't know what's so hard about that for them to understand.

I got it PM'd at Best Buy today. Got Ico and Scadow of the Colossus Collection, God of War Saga, Killzone Trilogy, and Journey, all for $69.35. With the credit I had, I only paid $1.76. Now that is ridiculous.

I want so badly for a GS employee to go into a store to buy something that's already out of the package and be fed that line just to see how it feels.

No problem returning the $19.99 Jak I bought for safe-keeping and using the coupon. Picked up Jak (keep), Infamous collection (keep), and God of War saga (friend), all sealed. Traded in Infamous 1&2, :ps3: Devil May Cry HD, and :360: Borderlands 2, which with 50% bonus paid for everything and half of LBP Racing.:whee:

The clerk was totally cool about it; in fact, she mentioned that she was waiting for her coupon to drop, and that they were told the coupons weren't supposed to drop til 11/5. However, she said that the 50% trade-in bonus towards Sony Collections is going to end on 11/6.

The promo was good to me, but still has been a cluster.

[quote name='Fukurou']I got it PM'd at Best Buy today. Got Ico and Scadow of the Colossus Collection, God of War Saga, Killzone Trilogy, and Journey, all for $69.35. With the credit I had, I only paid $1.76. Now that is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

So you just took the copy of your coupon into Best Buy and they gave you the deal?

[quote name='Guerrilla']No problem returning the $19.99 Jak I bought for safe-keeping and using the coupon. Picked up Jak (keep), Infamous collection (keep), and God of War saga (friend), all sealed. Traded in Infamous 1&2, :ps3: Devil May Cry HD, and :360: Borderlands 2, which with 50% bonus paid for everything and half of LBP Racing.:whee:

The clerk was totally cool about it; in fact, she mentioned that she was waiting for her coupon to drop, and that they were told the coupons weren't supposed to drop til 11/5. However, she said that the 50% trade-in bonus towards Sony Collections is going to end on 11/6.

The promo was good to me, but still has been a cluster.[/QUOTE]

lol gamestop....

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']Very interested in an answer for this. Anyone know? I'll try it out tomorrow otherwise.[/QUOTE]

i bought the controller+Infamous collection bundle and traded the controller right away towards the purchase, and got 50% extra on it. it was awesome.

[quote name='Invicta 61']So you just took the copy of your coupon into Best Buy and they gave you the deal?[/QUOTE]
No, I used the ad that karkyco posted. It didn't say anything about having to be a Gamestop Rewards member or that it needs a coupon.

Major thanks to karkyco for posting it.

Really annoyed with the GameStops around my area. Can anyone provide a valid explanation as to why it makes sense to gut every single copy of a game? There were several copies of God of War Saga and Killzone Trilogy, but they were ALL gutted. Like, what the fuck?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Nothing for MGS HD Collection?[/QUOTE]
It only works for Sony Collections and for the SKUs listed.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Nothing for MGS HD Collection?[/QUOTE]
Only for:
$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

Apparently removed from deal:
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack

Just got back from from all my relaxation today and I went and actually got Ico, Jak, god of war saga, and the Journey CE all for $59.49. I had remembered right before I left to go to gamestop that the Origins games are download codes, so I got that for $20, took the codes, and then walked down the street to Best Buy and got $25.20 for it. So I got 10 games and a couple months of PS+ for $35. Thanks thread, you definitely made my day. :)

P.S. These codes seem to have an expiration date on them so if you intend on buying the collections later you should just keep it in mind.

I don't buy gutted copies because I purchased one and went to return it the next day since I found a sealed copy and the person would not take it back because they accused me of using it since the sticker wasn't attached anymore. I told them it never had a sticker, so they made a call and didn't even apologize for the crap they pulled.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']They're required to have the opinion that opened is still new to work there. Don't go nuts over it.[/QUOTE]

LMAO..."required to have the opinion":applause:

Got my coupon and took it into bb to try a pricematch. Manager came over and was pretty cool with it and let me get thegames with the 50% off each. fuck gamestop, I'm just happy I was able to still get the deal as I am completely done with gs.

[quote name='ets']I don't buy gutted copies because I purchased one and went to return it the next day since I found a sealed copy and the person would not take it back because they accused me of using it since the sticker wasn't attached anymore. I told them it never had a sticker, so they made a call and didn't even apologize for the crap they pulled.[/QUOTE]
It was used. But not by you. Gamestop used it. At least that's the way I see things. Each and every gutted game is used by somebody. That's why I don't buy gutted games unless they give it to me for the used price. They never do. On the other hand, if I'm flipping it, I don't really care. Gutted games are really only good for flipping.

Still haven't gotten a coupon. fuck you gamestop. i don't even know why I bother with that place at all, it's such a hellhole compared to best buy.

[quote name='Fukurou']No, I used the ad that karkyco posted. It didn't say anything about having to be a Gamestop Rewards member or that it needs a coupon.

Major thanks to karkyco for posting it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Unseen77']Got my coupon and took it into bb to try a pricematch. Manager came over and was pretty cool with it and let me get thegames with the 50% off each. fuck gamestop, I'm just happy I was able to still get the deal as I am completely done with gs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was looking to go out and have BB price match with the coupon so I could get the Journey CE I missed out on. Too bad it's a one-time use coupon or else I would have went to other GS to get it.

Edit:
I'm a Pro member, buy mostly PS2 and PS3 games and I also have a pre-order in for BLOPS 2 Hardened Edition. Not sure if that helps anyone figure out the criterea for getting the coupon.

I just want the coupon so I can trade up my Infamous and GoW games towards these collection. I'm all for less shelf space.

i really cant understand why their is 1500+ post and 76 pages, in only 3 days about this deal.
it's not a bad deal, but it's basically $10-20 off of games that are a couple of years old, i know about the new HD collections, but they are all old re-releases. again, not a bad deal, but deffinitly not 1500 post in 3 days good.

why are you complaining? lol honestly the only time id care gutted copies were a problem if the disc was scratched, this being a blu ray disc shouldnt be a problem. are you not going to go home and rip off the packaging anyways? they gut to have it on display...i really dont know what the big deal is. if anything in this case gamestop had the last laugh, they got you to drive to another gamestop and still buy from you. they didnt lose your business....so quit complaining unless for a valid reason.

Went to my local spot in Alhambra, CA. Showed her my coupon code on my phone with no problems. Left with a new and sealed copy of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus.

My last purchase was made over a year ago.

[quote name='paayter']why are you complaining? lol honestly the only time id care gutted copies were a problem if the disc was scratched, this being a blu ray disc shouldnt be a problem. are you not going to go home and rip off the packaging anyways? they gut to have it on display...i really dont know what the big deal is. if anything in this case gamestop had the last laugh, they got you to drive to another gamestop and still buy from you. they didnt lose your business....so quit complaining unless for a valid reason.[/QUOTE]
...or giving it as a gift.

[quote name='jcp42877']Has anyone found one of the GOW Saga Dualshock bundles at their store even when the website shows zero locations in stock for like 100 miles?

Both of my dualshocks don't seem to hold a charge anymore, so I was thinking of trading them both in and pay the difference for one of the bundles..

Don't wanna waste a drive though. Because all local stores say not available..[/QUOTE]

umm why dont you not be a dick about trading in broken dualshocks, and go buy one legit? smh...swear people like u have no morals.

selling opened copies as "new" is a fucking joke. I wonder how much business they lose out on by doing this ridiculous practice. I sure as hell am not going to pay full price for an opened game.

[quote name='DarkPGR']this is so fucked up on GameStop's part... so people are getting coupons in waves? So a lot of people (like me it seems) will not receive it until its too late already and the stuff is sold out at their local stores... WTF gamestop!?[/QUOTE]

gamestop is not the only one who does this, ive been a loyal bb customer and not once ever, do i get those holiday rz coupons, or the mystery coupons others seems to get, it sucks but just gotta get over it and know that these will eventualy drop to those prices msrp or bf. cheers

[quote name='klimb22']...or giving it as a gift.[/QUOTE]

...Or the fact there's a giant obnoxious sticker on the case proclaiming the game as "NEW."

Or, to make it basic, there's the whole buying a NEW game that isn't already opened.

(I'm expanding upon your post in response to that other poster).

[quote name='paayter']umm why dont you not be a dick about trading in broken dualshocks, and go buy one legit? smh...swear people like u have no morals.[/QUOTE]

All he said was that his controllers don't hold a charge anymore. That doesn't mean they are broken. That happens to all DS3 controllers over time. The only one being a dick here is you.

[quote name='paayter']why are you complaining? lol honestly the only time id care gutted copies were a problem if the disc was scratched, this being a blu ray disc shouldnt be a problem. are you not going to go home and rip off the packaging anyways? they gut to have it on display...i really dont know what the big deal is. if anything in this case gamestop had the last laugh, they got you to drive to another gamestop and still buy from you. they didnt lose your business....so quit complaining unless for a valid reason.[/QUOTE]

That store losses profit and will have bad numbers in the monthly review. If this happens a lot they will have to increase stock or let that store go.

If I pay for a new game, I want a new game. I keep my sealed games on my backlog, and I can always give them as a gift to someone. If I change my mind, I can always return it.

Paying full price for a used game is just plain stupid in my opinion, no matter if I will just open it when I get home. Gamestop will accept your trade in game with a ridiculous low price, no matter how pristine the copy is. So there is no reason why I should buy games used by the employees. This is stupid in my opinion.

They put those goddamn stickers on Xbox games for a reason. If the sticker is broken, it's no longer a new item and should NOT be allowed to be sold as such. No other store screws with their stock, and neither should Gamestop.

Was able to get sealed copies from diff stores and did a return and rebuy with coupon. Apparently gamestop doesn't make sure they refund the correct tax when you do a return from a diff city. Too much work to get my missing fifty cents.

Noobie here, so i have my coupon, i.d, and power reward card but the thing is the P.W card is under my brothers name. Do you think I be able to use it? I know his Power reward account email and password. Everytime i go in they ask me if I have P.W card, I tell them no, then they ask me for my zip code, and then they say,"oh you do have one".

Let's give an example. Say you go to Gamestop to buy a new copy of Killzone Trilogy (2 discs). The only copy they have is gutted, with the discs in sleeves in the drawer behind the counter. When you are being rung up, the cashier forgets to put one of the discs into the case, but proceeds to seal the case with their clear sticker. You don't pay attention and walk out of the store. Immediately outside, you break the clear sticker to look inside and find that you don't have the second disc. You go right back inside and tell them you want disc 2. You know what they are going to say? "Don't try to trick us, you broke the seal already, so it's used, can't be returned."

This situation wouldn't even happen if they had all sealed copies, but if THEY are going to consider broken seal as used, why shouldn't I?

That's all fine and dandy except Gamestop employees are allowed to rent the new games and then sell them as new. If the copy is gutted, you have no idea what's been done with the disc. If it's sealed, you know exactly what's been done with the disc: nothing.

Anyways, is this the deal of the year or somethin? 1,500+ replies? Holy shit.

[quote name='mewman13']Let's give an example. Say you go to Gamestop to buy a new copy of Killzone Trilogy (2 discs). The only copy they have is gutted, with the discs in sleeves in the drawer behind the counter. When you are being rung up, the cashier forgets to put one of the discs into the case, but proceeds to seal the case with their clear sticker. You don't pay attention and walk out of the store. Immediately outside, you break the clear sticker to look inside and find that you don't have the second disc. You go right back inside and tell them you want disc 2. You know what they are going to say? "Don't try to trick us, you broke the seal already, so it's used, can't be returned."

This situation wouldn't even happen if they had all sealed copies, but if THEY are going to consider broken seal as used, why shouldn't I?[/QUOTE]

yup. if the only distinction between new and used is the box being opened from its factory seal, then gamestop shouldn't get a special pass. fuck them.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Anyways, is this the deal of the year or somethin? 1,500+ replies? Holy shit.[/QUOTE]If by "deal of the year" you mean "screwed-up deal of the year", then yes. :roll:

[quote name='Viper187']They put those goddamn stickers on Xbox games for a reason. If the sticker is broken, it's no longer a new item and should NOT be allowed to be sold as such. No other store screws with their stock, and neither should Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

You know the best part? THey employees are suppose to reseal "new" games that have been gutted before they sell them to a customer. I wanted a copy of Fallout new vegas ultimate, and the only copy left was gutted, i didn't mind really, but then the guy slaps a circle sticker on the case before giving it to me, i saw him grab the stickers and i say "please don't do that tony game, no need to" and he replies, "sorry man, its policy". I told him it creates more work for me removing it, t leaves residue and such, and then he again said "sorry man, gotta do it"

He was the manager too, so i guess he was trying to be an example to the new employees or something.

I'm a pro member and I received my code this morning. I am out of town so I went to the nearest GameStop I had seen driving around town earlier. I got the last copies (gutted) of ICO/SOC and Journey. The Journey box didn't have the codes in it for PS+ and stuff so when I inquired the guy looked in the drawer and they were in the sleeve with the game. Although I'm a little annoyed at this practice of gutting games, I've never had a problem with the games not working. I did have to stand in line a few minutes waiting for the salesman to list about 10 upcoming games that he thought the guy in front me should preorder though.

bread's done
Back