Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamecube ichiban']please report back to us the reaction you get from the minimum wage teen behind the counter that you lay your declaration onto.[/QUOTE]

Who says he's planning on telling some clerk that? Plenty of other ways to get your point across thanks to the internet.

Could someone please sell/spare me a coupon code? I want to get the God of War Saga for myself and get the Ratchet and Clank collection for my little brother. We had two feet of flooding in my house and id greatly appreciate it if someone could sell/give me one. If one is given to me ill try to price match it at best buy (theyre across the street from eachother) and see if i could return it to you.

About the flooding, I got hit by Sandy and im putting a budget on gaming spending, it would help me out. The reason why im spending a tiny bit is because i still have a house and.some spare money I set aside for things. If I lost my house you wouldnt see me asking.

worry about ur house. by the time u patch things up and make things right, both games will be sub 20. priorities man, priorities.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Could someone please sell/spare me a coupon code? I want to get the God of War Saga for myself and get the Ratchet and Clank collection for my little brother. We had two feet of flooding in my house and id greatly appreciate it if someone could sell/give me one. If one is given to me ill try to price match it at best buy (theyre across the street from eachother) and see if i could return it to you.

About the flooding, I got hit by Sandy and im putting a budget on gaming spending, it would help me out. The reason why im spending a tiny bit is because i still have a house and.some spare money I set aside for things. If I lost my house you wouldnt see me asking.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Could someone please sell/spare me a coupon code? I want to get the God of War Saga for myself and get the Ratchet and Clank collection for my little brother. We had two feet of flooding in my house and id greatly appreciate it if someone could sell/give me one. If one is given to me ill try to price match it at best buy (theyre across the street from eachother) and see if i could return it to you.

About the flooding, I got hit by Sandy and im putting a budget on gaming spending, it would help me out. The reason why im spending a tiny bit is because i still have a house and.some spare money I set aside for things. If I lost my house you wouldnt see me asking.[/QUOTE]

I know you want us to feel sorry for you but all I can think when I read your post is. "Worry about your house and family not about games."

After a week of being annoyed about this coupon, I finally took a printout of the coupon posted here to Best Buy. I didn't have much hope really, but I had brought it in already, and the gaming clerk had just done me a huge favor so I felt like I could ask him without sounding sketchy.

He went to ask, and came back almost immediately and said "My manager saw it was you and said it was no problem. You guys spend more here than anyone else in the area I guess."

Haha, news to me! I do spend there but I've basically never bought anything there that wasn't on sale, and i've flipped tons of stuff to their trade in program. That was awesome of them though, I grabbed GOW Saga and Infamous collection. I got KZ Trilogy from the Sony50 code, and I had all the rest, so i'm set! If I do get a code, i'll drop it here for sure but I really doubt it at this point.

[quote name='technicalstylez']worry about ur house. by the time u patch things up and make things right, both games will be sub 20. priorities man, priorities.[/QUOTE]

are you guys fucking serious? the guy is asking for a coupon and trying to have a decent christmas in really badly hit part of town. maybe a little brother wont understand "priorities" over xmas. telling him to wait to get it...do you know how long it will take to fix the damage thats been done? fuckin rude people, i swear i love cag for the deals, but some of u guys are insensitive assholes.

[quote name='Kikyou1']I know you want us to feel sorry for you but all I can think when I read your post is. "Worry about your house and family not about games."[/QUOTE]

asshole

sorry to hear about your situation man i cant imagine having a flooded house this time of the year. id give you mine but i got mine first day and used it. just to let you know gow saga will be 15 buck at walmart on black friday so thats an even better deal. ratchet and clank hopefully will go down as well. good luck, and hope everything works out.

[quote name='gamecube ichiban']please report back to us the reaction you get from the minimum wage teen behind the counter that you lay your declaration onto.[/QUOTE]

lol seriously. all these complainers saying how gamestop lost their business is making me laugh. because the funny thing is...they are gonna go right back in and buy something next time there is a sale on something, and by getting butthurt because they didnt get one deal and never going back means they have no chances for other deals. they try to save their butthurt face by saying they wont go back they will.

ive heard this complaint so much about how gamestop lost their business, but yet im profiting big time from my gamestop stock lol. gamestop dont give a fuck if they lose your business, they are debt free and very profitable. they are very innovative in the products they offer, not a gamestop fan, but know a good business model when i see one.

Ah, you gotta love the over-sensitive newbies on CAG. I never thought I'd say this, but man, I miss IATCG and Confoosious. Actually, I knew I'd be missing IATCG. Confoosious, not so much. When's he getting back, anyway?

[quote name='paayter']lol seriously. all these complainers saying how gamestop lost their business is making me laugh. because the funny thing is...they are gonna go right back in and buy something next time there is a sale on something, and by getting butthurt because they didnt get one deal and never going back means they have no chances for other deals. they try to save their butthurt face by saying they wont go back they will.

ive heard this complaint so much about how gamestop lost their business, but yet im profiting big time from my gamestop stock lol. gamestop dont give a fuck if they lose your business, they are debt free and very profitable. they are very innovative in the products they offer, not a gamestop fan, but know a good business model when i see one.[/QUOTE]
oh yeah? well i just cancelled all my preorders and switched them over to best buy. best part? i got to keep the poster and screenshot thing from the GTA preorder. oh, and next time gamestop has a good sale, i'll just get best buy to price match it again. so suck it.

All I can say is GameStop at least know how to get you a pre ordered game and get out the door in a few minutes.

EVERY game I hav picked up from best buy has been a clusterfuck of nobody understanding how to do anything or where anything is or why things aren't working, until 15-20 minutes later, I can actually get the thing I paid for months ago..

Thanks to the Internet, if a lot of gamers agree to refuse buying at Gamestop because of its infamous reputation, Gamestop could actually lose millions of dollars. So I don't know what is so funny when someone says that he or she will never buy at Gamestop again if probably there are many others doing the same. Those others obviously don't post on forums because they will get responses like "Gamestop does not care," "Gamestop still makes millions without your money," etc.

[quote name='jer7583']All I can say is GameStop at least know how to get you a pre ordered game and get out the door in a few minutes.

EVERY game I hav picked up from best buy has been a clusterfuck of nobody understanding how to do anything or where anything is or why things aren't working, until 15-20 minutes later, I can actually get the thing I paid for months ago..[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a problem at best buy with my preorders. At most maybe a bit slower, as they have an extra step it looks like to subtract your 5 dollar preorder instead of having the computer system remember how much you paid like gamestop.

At least with best buy you don't have them constantly reminding you that your gamer club unlocked is about to expire, or asking if you want to sign up for it and so forth.

Thanks to those who responded kindly, I'm able to get an internet connection because I'm at school, my house won't have power for a month and the mold and insulation is getting moldy/deteriorated so I'll have to move out. My parents are searching for a house closer to the school or an out of town house thats not a long drive. To those who said I need to set my priorities, I already did, I brought firewood for the house and carried it through backyards, I walked in hip high water (I'm 5,9 btw), I checked on people's homes, I walked throughout town serving the damage, I had to watch my moderately autistic brother and sister while my parents went to go find a house. (My sister is neurologically impaired, I'm a triplet) We're still looking, I'm lucky I pulled some money out of the bank before I even knew this stuff was happening. Like previously said I am reserving a small portion of it for gaming, gifts,etc. The thing is my little brother asked me for the game countless times because we used to take turns playing the old PS2 copies, which I kept of course! (I was born first out of the three, I hate bringing up my brother's autism because I feel like people see it as pulling the disability card. P.S I'm not getting pity from it nor do I want it, its normal to me so why should it not be to anyone else.) Thanks to the person who brought up the black friday sale, Ill take advantage of them when I get my car back (We need to get out car we stored up north, we kept my car in town where the flooding wouldn't get it. Hopefully I will be able to drive up to Brick soon.

PS: I live in Point Pleasant Beach on Lake Louise by Ocean Avenue, google earth it and you'll see. Look up some news articles on the towns next to it, they got wiped out.

Some people who have had the pleasure of trading with me, they should have my address (To prove I'm not being):

Completed Trades:

Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning - Demon's Souls + Heavy Rain (YAMATO)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition (sealed) (MIXER236)

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings: Enhanced Edition (Xbox) - Duke Nukem Forever (Sealed) + Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition(Buffdrew84)

Heavy Rain + Grand Theft Auto 4: Episodes from Liberty City + $5 -Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City + Time Crisis Razing Storm + Guncon 3 (Ritchardf)

If some people actually read what I said, I said I would pay for a coupon, I almost bought one for $2 but it was sold before I could get it. I was trying to avoid bringing up the Hurricane but I figured someone would put the pieces together and notice that my location says New Jersey. The only reason why I brought up my situation was because some of the people above pissed me off.

The sense of entitlement from some in this thread is nauseating. :drool: That's not what CAG is about. And, it's funny that some (not all) regularly sh*t on Gamestop, but now feel hurt over not being able to patron said sh*tty store?

The way I look at it, you win and lose some in the game of cheapassness. There have been tons of occasions where the community has benefited from price mistakes, exploits, and trade-in profiting. The goods far outweigh the bads. Besides, these games are almost guaranteed to be these prices at MSRP in a few weeks.

Anyway, good luck to those still trying. Remember, price matching at Best Buy is a viable option.

I think we need to tone things done in here and not overreact to peoples' posts.

Had a few deleted posts that didn't need to be in here.

Maybe this is a dumb question...

A few days ago I checked my PowerUp Rewards messages and saw no coupon, however, I did receive one in my email that I used last night. Today I decided to check if I ever received the coupon in my messages and I have one now. Can I use that coupon still or does the email one cancel it out? The one I got in my email had like a coupon code that they would type in. The one I got in my messages does not. It just says bring the coupon in, but it doesnt look like theres a code or something to scan to get the deal.. or do they just override it?

[quote name='gldoorii']Maybe this is a dumb question...

A few days ago I checked my PowerUp Rewards messages and saw no coupon, however, I did receive one in my email that I used last night. Today I decided to check if I ever received the coupon in my messages and I have one now. Can I use that coupon still or does the email one cancel it out? The one I got in my email had like a coupon code that they would type in. The one I got in my messages does not. It just says bring the coupon in, but it doesnt look like theres a code or something to scan to get the deal.. or do they just override it?[/QUOTE]

If you have already used it on a GS card you can't do it again. It's a one time per customer thing enless you have someone else close to you that will use their card for you. Also I got both the e-mail and account coupon and they both had the same code.

I tried to price match at BBY with no success but then I traded casanon a b2g1 coupon for her 50%at off coupon. I picked up Infamous, GOW, Ratchet and Clank, and Ico and SotC for $50 after some trades. Now it's time for me to go buy a PS3. Thanks casanon.

[quote name='gldoorii']Maybe this is a dumb question...

A few days ago I checked my PowerUp Rewards messages and saw no coupon, however, I did receive one in my email that I used last night. Today I decided to check if I ever received the coupon in my messages and I have one now. Can I use that coupon still or does the email one cancel it out? The one I got in my email had like a coupon code that they would type in. The one I got in my messages does not. It just says bring the coupon in, but it doesnt look like theres a code or something to scan to get the deal.. or do they just override it?[/QUOTE]
The one in Messages, is just that, a message. It's not a coupon. The coupon would be under Active Offers.

In regards to the 50% trade-in bonus towards these games, has anyone confirmed or denied that it works for accessory trade-ins also? Not just games. All the terms I see refer to games, but this is GS we're talking about so you know how that goes.

Just got BB to PM Journey, Jak and Ratchet. Thats it for me. Was contemplating GoW but i see it will be $15 on BF so I will wait till then

I got most of the collections (including Uncharted) price matched at Best Buy. I skipped a few because I already owned them or was not interested. I had to go to two Best Buys because the first was out of stock on some, but the price match itself was not really a problem (although a little time consuming).

On a side note, Uncharted 2 has a base trade in of $8. With the 100% bonus, I was able to trade in my copy and pay for the Dual Pack with a dollar leftover (not including tax).

Traded my original Uncharted in a while back and regretted it. Traded my vanilla Uncharted 2 towards the dual pack with my coupon, $10.90 out of pocket :)

Used the coupon and 50% extra trade in credit promo towards the hd collections to get the killzone collection for 19.99 no tax and 17$ left ! probibly gonna put it towards ps all stars for the vita

[quote name='DRV']Do you guys think it makes more sense to pounce on this or should I wait till Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Have you seen anything in the Black Friday ads that said you could get these games cheaper? I haven't.

[quote name='wolfgang2399']Have you seen anything in the Black Friday ads that said you could get these games cheaper? I haven't.[/QUOTE]

I have a good feeling gamestop is gonna put at least some of these on sale (infamous collection in particular) but other than the wallmart god of war saga 14.99 deal i agree with wolf

[quote name='DRV']Do you guys think it makes more sense to pounce on this or should I wait till Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Most of the BF ads are out...I think maybe Ratchet and Clank was on one of them for this price.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Used the coupon and 50% extra trade in credit promo towards the hd collections to get the killzone collection for 19.99 no tax and 17$ left ! probibly gonna put it towards ps all stars for the vita[/QUOTE]

Just get All Stars for PS3, vita copy comes free with it.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Just get All Stars for PS3, vita copy comes free with it.[/QUOTE]

I was acually thinking about doin that and selling my ps3 copy after i use the voucher

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I got most of the collections (including Uncharted) price matched at Best Buy. I skipped a few because I already owned them or was not interested. I had to go to two Best Buys because the first was out of stock on some, but the price match itself was not really a problem (although a little time consuming).

On a side note, Uncharted 2 has a base trade in of $8. With the 100% bonus, I was able to trade in my copy and pay for the Dual Pack with a dollar leftover (not including tax).[/QUOTE]
thats a smart idea. I should have done that for UC1 and 2

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I got most of the collections (including Uncharted) price matched at Best Buy. I skipped a few because I already owned them or was not interested. I had to go to two Best Buys because the first was out of stock on some, but the price match itself was not really a problem (although a little time consuming).

On a side note, Uncharted 2 has a base trade in of $8. With the 100% bonus, I was able to trade in my copy and pay for the Dual Pack with a dollar leftover (not including tax).[/QUOTE]

Ah, I would've tried this but I've been short on free time. Also my Best Buy has such a small selection of games I'm not even sure they would've had the Dual Pack in stock.

[quote name='purbeast']still nothing in my PUR account. hope i get one before the 14th.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I'd probably get the R & C collection.

Picked up Infamous and took advantage of the trade bump on 4 games. Net plus 56 bucks I think. The manager told me 3 of his employees got the coupon but he didn't. So random.

I guess I should have read the thread more before I dropped $15 on PUR today. No code in my account when I activated it. Gonna contact customer service and hope it's slightly more productive than banging my head against a wall.

Kinda irritated I didn't get a coupon even though I got a store manager to match the deal last week. Principle and all. Yes, I spend a lot of money there so I feel I deserve a coupon.

I still have a god of war origins download voucher from the god of war saga for sale/trade if anyone's interested

I cant figure something out. The coupon says...

*Must present coupon at time of purchase. One time use. Purchase 1 or more
Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection SKU: 270705,
Jak and Daxter Collection T25 SKU: 271076,
Ratchet & Clank Collection T25 SKU: 271110,
Journey CE SKU: 271198,
God of War Saga T25 SKU: 271239,
Infamous 1 & 2 Pack MVC T25 SKU: 271240 or
Killzone Trilogy MVC SKU: 271272 to receive 50% discount. GameStop PowerUp Rewards card required. No rain checks or substitutions. Not valid on pre-owned games. Selection may vary by store. Exclusions apply. While supplies last. Valid 11/1-11/14/12. For in-store use only.

It has Uncharted pictured on PUR but its not listed on the coupon. If you can get Uncharted with the coupon for 50% off could you get other games like the Prince of Persia or Sly Collections as well?

[quote name='dansdaman']I still have a god of war origins download voucher from the god of war saga if anyone's interested[/QUOTE]

Are selling or giving it away? I take it if it's free. Still don't have origins.

bread's done
Back