Gamestop PUR - $10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up for 2000 points

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
https://www.poweruprewards.com/Rewa...t/Yq9fn2N3taxfAyZjPETOX7xpAjOAnAkPAp7UiVxyA==

$10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up
Pick up the pre-owned games you want for less! With this coupon, you’ll save $10 on any one pre-owned game that is regularly priced $19.99 or higher. Hurry, this coupon is only available from 6/11 through 6/24. Don’t miss out on this extremely limited time offer. Redeem yours now for only 2,000 points.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you have some points just sitting around. Mind the expiration date, through 6/24 only.

Does anyone know if I can use this coupon on their new promotion they have going with buying 3 used games or more and getting 20 percent off as a Pro member?
Yes. you can.

Picked up a :ps3: Transformers War for Cybertron today for $13.49 with pro. Not that great a deal, but I had impulsively printed out the coupon thinking I'd find a complete :360: version for $8. I think $15 Mass Effect 3 is the best deal, but I already have it.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Does anyone know if I can use this coupon on their new promotion they have going with buying 3 used games or more and getting 20 percent off as a Pro member? The promo is not a coupon, I think you have to add games to your library as "want" and if you get 3 or more used games, you get the 20 percent off.[/QUOTE]

you can if you only use 1 coupon in the order. Cant use a coupon each of the 3 games or you wont get the 20%.

Oh also, if you live in New York (e.g. strait edge f) there's a Dark Souls CE that could be brought down to $22ish with PUR at the 30 Rock Gamestop. I considered buying it, but I'm so bad at the game and I don't feel like trying to resell it.

[quote name='iduncurr']The question is, will this stack with the whole buy 3 pre-owned games and get 20% discount for PUR member?

Cause I know the 10% stacks but I don't know if this is considered another offer or not.

Edit: I just read back a couple pages and it's already been asked.
Sucks that they won't allow more then one coupon to be used per transaction though.[/QUOTE]

Then we are better off using a coupon per game as separate transactions.

[quote name='Donut2922']Then we are better off using a coupon per game as separate transactions.[/QUOTE]
Each coupon needs to be used in a separate transaction. The additional 10% for PUR (20% total) will still work.

Thanks again OP got two coupons and snagged resistance: burning skies for the vita and a very minty copy of lollipop chainsaw for 360

GS usually jack up prices of pre-owned games when they have $-off coupons! So i would do a little research before heading off redeeming coupons and buying games. Some games i noticed were RE5, Ventica, and Resonance of Fate. These games reached like $12-15 preowed before. I would suggest looking for games that are least likely to price drop like JPRGs.

im sure it was already stated but you can indeed use more than one. The clerk said it was one per visit but was cool enough to just give me separate orders on 2 different ones. Picked up TC:Razing Storm finally and Touch My Katamari for my g/f!!!

[quote name='spatenfloot']Each coupon needs to be used in a separate transaction. The additional 10% for PUR (20% total) will still work.[/QUOTE]

Yup I'm just saying unless your used game is less than $19, then the coupon offer is better than the 20% discount.

[quote name='spatenfloot']Each coupon needs to be used in a separate transaction. The additional 10% for PUR (20% total) will still work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']Yup I'm just saying unless your used game is less than $19, then the coupon offer is better than the 20% discount.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a dumb man, but I think you guys just confused me. If you do 3 separate transactions, to use the coupon on three games, there would not be any 20% off right? - because the 3 games were not purchased in the same transaction.

[quote name='bgame2']I'm not a dumb man, but I think you guys just confused me. If you do 3 separate transactions, to use the coupon on three games, there would not be any 20% off right? - because the 3 games were not purchased in the same transaction.[/QUOTE]

Yup that's correct. So the 20% is a less appealing deal so long as each game qualifies for the coupon offer instead.

[quote name='Caoz']Funny how most of the games I would buy are 17.99... Nicely done GS, the old bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

you're using the term wrong

[quote name='Donut2922']Yup that's correct. So the 20% is a less appealing deal so long as each game qualifies for the coupon offer instead.[/QUOTE]
You can use the coupon AND the 20% off in the same transaction. But only one coupon in each transaction.

Mass Effect 3 for ~$16 is pretty tempting. But I think I may just use my B2G1 coupon for renewing pretty soon to get me over $20k pts and then got $20 off my GS expo ticket.

[quote name='spatenfloot']You can use the coupon AND the 20% off in the same transaction. But only one coupon in each transaction.[/QUOTE]

Right - but the 20% promo does not offer the best deal.

I'd rather print 3 coupons to save $30 on 3 separate transactions instead of getting $10 off plus an extra 10% on 3 games on one transaction. My point is that the stacking is pointless so long as each game is greater than $19.

Could theoretically get Radiant Historia for around $16, along with ME3. I know enough about ME3 to consider it, but anyone know if Radiant Historia would be worth that price if I can find one (even likely without the case and manual because it's a DS game and this is GS)?

my gs wouldnt let me get me3 using the coupon .. the mgr said says on the coupon that its only good for Regularly priced games .. and not for sale items and price drops me3 and most of the other good stuff is on sale or has a temp price drop.

is my guy being a hardass ? or has anyone has any luck using it on me3

[quote name='dtofcrookedu']Picked up TC:Razing Storm finally and Touch My Katamari for my g/f!!![/QUOTE]

bean-if-you-know-what-i-mean.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally used the two coupons I had today. Did a return/rebuy on :ps3: Rune Factory and picked up a :ps2: Tales of Legendia.

[quote name='teknobeavr']my gs wouldnt let me get me3 using the coupon .. the mgr said says on the coupon that its only good for Regularly priced games .. and not for sale items and price drops me3 and most of the other good stuff is on sale or has a temp price drop.

is my guy being a hardass ? or has anyone has any luck using it on me3[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried ME3, but I can tell you that I picked up MLB12 Vita without any hassle. If this were really the case, then it shouldn't have worked on that game either.

I find it's counterproductive to ever try to explain a coupon to a GS employee, because you can just say, "I'm using a power-up rewards coupon," provide them the numbers on the coupon instead of the actual coupon and bang, you're all set.

I'd be shocked if it didn't work with ME3.

I agree with some people above who think the buy 3 games and get 20% off + 1 of those games $10 off deal is a bit of a waste unless you were already planning on getting a few games and don't want to wait till the next B2G1 sale. I figured up some of the pricing scenarios of some of the games I'd be interested in:

Now $20 game + 2 $18 games = $36.80 - 2000 PUR Points
B2G1 $20 + 2 $18 = $34.20
or 1 $20 is 9 now and get 3 $18 during B2G1 for $41.40 (4 games)

Now $20 + 2 $13 = $28.80 - 2000 points
B2G1 $20 + 2 $13 = $29.70
or 1 $20 for $9 now and get 3 $13 during B2G1 for $32.40 (4 games)

Now $20 + 2 $10 = $24 - 2000 points
B2G1 $20 + 2 $10 = $27
or 1 $20 is $9 now and get 3 $10 during B2G1 for $27 (4 games)

Now $40 + 2 $18 = $52.80 - 2000 points
B2G1 $40 + 2 $18 = $52.20
or 1 $40 is $24 now and get 3 $18 during B2G1 for $56.40 (4 games)

I think I'm just going to get one game with a coupon or maybe two if I can use one on ME3 and just wait for a B2G1 sale for cheaper games.

okay, so i have a lot of points because i've never actually logged onto rewards site till now hahahaha.

just a quick question. Does the coupon nullify your Pro 10% off used games since the coupon says cannon be combine with any other offer? so basically when i use this discount will i get the 10% because i'm pro, and the $10 off?

im a total noob at this pro reward thing at gamestop

[quote name='maxiell']I find it's counterproductive to ever try to explain a coupon to a GS employee, because you can just say, "I'm using a power-up rewards coupon," provide them the numbers on the coupon instead of the actual coupon and bang, you're all set.

I'd be shocked if it didn't work with ME3.[/QUOTE]

ok so i went to another local gs since the 1st store i went to's mgr was being a dick .. they rang up the mass effect and then they tried ringing up my coupon and the computer would not take it . so i dont know if its just my area's gamestops or if they have something in the computer now to block it.

i tried to get the guy to manually overide it and get me my 10 $ off but he wouldnt do it. said something about his boss visiting the store tomm. morning

Picked up Blur :ps3: for $9 with this deal.

Then picked up some older PS3 games I've wanted and a bunch of sleeve only PS2 games since they were part of the b2g1 that's been going on for forever now.

Side note, had an awesome manager in there when I went there this morning. Had a great talk about games and he even gave me free stuff. He gave me a breakfast burrito from the Chick-fil-a next door that gives them free food often apparently and then he generated a pre-order code for Hitman Absolution for me without me even asking. Way different experience then I'm used too.

[quote name='teknobeavr']my gs wouldnt let me get me3 using the coupon .. the mgr said says on the coupon that its only good for Regularly priced games .. and not for sale items and price drops me3 and most of the other good stuff is on sale or has a temp price drop.

is my guy being a hardass ? or has anyone has any luck using it on me3[/QUOTE]

Yes I used it on ME3 no prob. I didn't even know about this ME3 "sale". I went in looking for Monopoly Streets to use my coupon on and couldn't find it. I was ready to leave and the GS employee asked if he could help me. He said no dice on Monopoly but then suggested I use my coupon on ME3 due to sale price. Never played a ME game yet(I have ME2 in my backlog) but knew that this was a steal, so I bit. Quite happy with my find!

[quote name='teknobeavr']ok so i went to another local gs since the 1st store i went to's mgr was being a dick .. they rang up the mass effect and then they tried ringing up my coupon and the computer would not take it . so i dont know if its just my area's gamestops or if they have something in the computer now to block it.

i tried to get the guy to manually overide it and get me my 10 $ off but he wouldnt do it. said something about his boss visiting the store tomm. morning[/QUOTE]

Weird...computer took my coupon no prob. I bought it on 6/13. Did you use any other of these coupons that trip or even that day(it is supposed to be 1 per customer but many have had great success just splitting up into different trips/transactions)? But there was definitely no override done on ME3-I watched every step of the way and the computer just took it.

I never have any problems here. Half of the time I can just show them my coupon on my iPad or phone and they will put the code in for me. Half of the time I have to tell them about the coupons that are on PUR. Like when I traded in an iPhone for 50% extra credit back around christmas :)

Anyway, already picked up Heavy Rain, going back today to get Uncharted 2... yea, i am a bad person who has never played it :oops:

[quote name='xfreefallerx']Haha, I have 1,999 points.... :roll:[/QUOTE]

You could go in and buy the game you want today and then do a return/rebuy with the coupon after the points show up on your account (should be the next day). Or you could just pick out a $1 pre-owned game, since you get 20 points per dollar spent on pre-owned games.

[quote name='xfreefallerx']Haha, I have 1,999 points.... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Link you PUR account w/ Kongregate and you get 250 points....

Already linked? Complete the Badge of the day and you'll get the points you need.

Once completed, the points post in about 10 minutes.

[quote name='heylookitsfrankie']okay, so i have a lot of points because i've never actually logged onto rewards site till now hahahaha.

just a quick question. Does the coupon nullify your Pro 10% off used games since the coupon says cannon be combine with any other offer? so basically when i use this discount will i get the 10% because i'm pro, and the $10 off?

im a total noob at this pro reward thing at gamestop[/QUOTE]

You should get both - I did without asking. The 10% off is calculated from the discounted (post-coupon) price though.

Hey fellas, i didn't read the beginning of the thread

but is it possible for me to buy multiple $10-off coupons or one per member?

Trying to pick up some used Vita games.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Link you PUR account w/ Kongregate and you get 250 points....

Already linked? Complete the Badge of the day and you'll get the points you need.

Once completed, the points post in about 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know anything about this. I'll have to look into it. Thanks

[quote name='Royal High Knight']so the coupon can be redeemed till the 24th or it expires on the 24th?[/QUOTE]

You can redeem the coupons from the rewards site until 6/17 and they expire on 6/24.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Link you PUR account w/ Kongregate and you get 250 points....

Once completed, the points post in about 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Wait you can get points every day through that site? I never linked my account.

[quote name='dino88'] You can redeem the coupons from the rewards site until 6/17 and they expire on 6/24.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro for the answer. Looks like I might be able to get in on this.

[quote name='slowdive21']Wait you can get points every day through that site? I never linked my account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah 250 to link and the Badge of the day is usually 6 or 17 points depending on the difficulty of the in-game achievement. Easy points IMO.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I do not think these words mean what you think they mean.[/QUOTE]

LOL most likely. English is not my first language. But looking at the meaning of the term I think it could apply.

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by advertising for a product or service at a low price; second, the customers discover that the advertised good is not available and are "switched" to a costlier product.

I took the bait because I bought a couple of coupons before I actually checked if there were any games I wanted to buy. I ended up buying ME3 for 17 which was a good deal but I actually wanted to get something for 10.

In any case I appreciate your correction. Better to be corrected than to keep using the term incorrectly.

bread's done
Back