GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']Do you guys think the games that DID have their used game prices go down will not be temporary drops? Also, what IYO is the best used game for $5-6 to get free shipping?[/QUOTE]
It still depends. I know a couple months ago they had Madworld at $29.99 new and $24.99 used then a week later it went back up to $49.99. If you see it and want it at that price it is better to get it know than wait, cause who knows.

[quote name='profanedic']It still depends. I know a couple months ago they had Madworld at $29.99 new and $24.99 used then a week later it went back up to $49.99. If you see it and want it at that price it is better to get it know than wait, cause who knows.[/QUOTE]

Madworld at my Gamestop is back down at $29.99 new.

[quote name='maximumzero']Expired 7/6[/QUOTE]

Damn these must be different from the ones I got in the mail which are from July 1 to July 12th. I already spent my 10% off a game on Calamity Trigger last Wed.

Are these online only or also in-store? I might be stopping the Compton gamestop on my lunch break. Also going to check if the Best Buy next door can price match as I need to boost up my gamer reward zone points.

Anyone find it funny everyone is jumping at the chance to buy 360 games at $20?
Just a few years ago, with PS2 Greatest hits, most people wouldn't take a second glance at them unless they were a buy one(two) get one free or unless if they were being sold for under $15.

Looks like Newegg has dropped the prices on several of these games as well. If your Gamestop is OOS, Newegg might be your next best bet. I noticed Bourne Conspiracy, BioShock, Sonic, Trivial Pursuit, Gears of War... Probably more.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...230516&page=3&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True

Edit: Sorry, this link is just for 360 games because that was what I was looking for. I'm sure there are similar price cuts for other systems as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='WTFer']Anyone find it funny everyone is jumping at the chance to buy 360 games at $20?
Just a few years ago, with PS2 Greatest hits, most people wouldn't take a second glance at them unless they were a buy one(two) get one free or unless if they were being sold for under $15.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because the "Greatest Hits" price now starts at $30 as opposed to $20 then and "new" games are now priced at $60 as opposed to the $40-50 then.

[quote name='mis0']Maybe because the "Greatest Hits" price now starts at $30 as opposed to $20 then and "new" games are now priced at $60 as opposed to the $40-50 then.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Not only, but look at some of the games that are being discounted here. Some of them are not really "GH" material, because they have not been out very long. BC and Wheelman, for example, were both released fairly recently. Now, I don't think either of them were worth $60, but damn, $20 sounds like a deal to me.

Can't say there was a lot of $20 stuff that interested me, but I did score a World Tour PS3 band kit for $90, so I am happy. They had a decent stock of the band kits earlier today. I bet a lot of them are gone now.....

I read 11 pages late last night, but I'm not getting caught up to the 2 dozen more I missed. I went in and the games were on the shelf, not in a bin up front, at the Algonquin IL Gamestop across from Target, and got BC and PoP both for $20 a piece, I asked if they had sealed ones, the guy claimed they were the last ones and pointed into the drawer, to which I couldn't even make out the contents of, but I said it's fine, I'll still take 'em, because the cases were in good condition (save the damn satanic stickers that never come all the way off). Normally I'd have said no, but I had the feeling this was a rare deal and did it anyway. The thing I wonder is how do you return a game if it's not sealed, what if it didn't work or something, I don't know enough about them to know if they'll deny it back to me "per policy" because they gutted them. Stupid practice anyways....

[quote name='rerun']It's definitely funny that someone would trade so many games to get that level of credit instead of doubling it by putting your trade-ins on Ebay. You make more money, and the buyer would get the game cheaper than going to GS. People are dumb, lazy or both.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for helping fulfill the CAG quota of "Why trade-in games to GS when you can make twice on eBay" posts. Keep generalizing your way through life, it's simpler that way. :roll:

[quote name='WTFer']Anyone find it funny everyone is jumping at the chance to buy 360 games at $20?
Just a few years ago, with PS2 Greatest hits, most people wouldn't take a second glance at them unless they were a buy one(two) get one free or unless if they were being sold for under $15.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Indeed. Not only, but look at some of the games that are being discounted here. Some of them are not really "GH" material, because they have not been out very long. BC and Wheelman, for example, were both released fairly recently. Now, I don't think either of them were worth $60, but damn, $20 sounds like a deal to me.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. A year from now (or probably even 6-9 months), this wouldn't generate nearly as much interest. But fairly new games for $20 is rare.

[quote name='shafnitz']Looks like Newegg has dropped the prices on several of these games as well. If your Gamestop is OOS, Newegg might be your next best bet. I noticed Bourne Conspiracy, BioShock, Sonic, Trivial Pursuit, Gears of War... Probably more.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...230516&page=3&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True

Edit: Sorry, this link is just for 360 games because that was what I was looking for. I'm sure there are similar price cuts for other systems as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Yep, there's some good stuff at Newegg, like De Blob (Wii) for $20, which is sold out new at gamestop.com and I couldn't find a sealed copy of locally. It's off-topic, but when I ordered De Blob at Newegg I also picked up Kororinpa 2: Marble Saga (Wii) for $17 -- a good deal to me.

[quote name='BWS1982']The thing I wonder is how do you return a game if it's not sealed, what if it didn't work or something, I don't know enough about them to know if they'll deny it back to me "per policy" because they gutted them. Stupid practice anyways....[/QUOTE]

They usually seal the case with a clear sticker to indicate you were sold a gutted copy and that seal must be intact for it to be returned as a new game.

If a game doesn't work, just about any store in the known universe will allow you exchange it for another copy of the game, even GS. So, their cruddy policy of opening new games does not hurt you there one bit. I mean, not to be rude, but isn't that common sense? After all, how would you know the game doesn't work unless you did open it? So, whether you open it or they open, it's still opened, and if it doesn't work, they will let you exchange it.

[quote name='themothman421']So far, I really like BC. The controls are a little wonky, but its pretty damn fun all around...for those on the fence, I would say $20 is a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I put it in first thinking I'll stop playing it after 30 minutes out of boredom. I'm now 67% through according to the save game. It's definitely not worth $60, but it's also not as bad as everyone else made it to be. Only really annoying thing is that you hop around and all of a sudden you're dying fast cause you're too far off the map, even more annoying when there's ammo and stuff there.

Great deal!! I picked up the last Xbox360 GHWT in the store and a copy of Wheelman..so far so good!

Bionic Commando has been my only pick up so far from this sale. Most of the others games I already owned, but now I am thinking about getting Spore and Wheelman tomorrow. Hopefully my stores will still have them.

Hoping at some point today to hit my gamestop and pick up a copy of Bionic Commando.
for 20$ it seems like kind of a hard deal to pass up on

picked up Tomb raider, might go back for prince of persia or bionic commando sometime tomorrow...

I checked out my closest GameStop when I woke up today (2:30). The dude at the counter had just got to work so he had no idea about these. I ended up getting all three:
Wheelman (Gutted)
HAWX (Gutted)
Bionic Commando (New, 3 more when I left)

[quote name='MSUHitman']They usually seal the case with a clear sticker to indicate you were sold a gutted copy and that seal must be intact for it to be returned as a new game.[/QUOTE]

My copy of Wheelman didn't have a sticker seal on it, just the price sticker. Slight fingerprints on the disc and some blotches on the cover (probably some customer with tuberculosis sneezed on it and it dried). I was able to take the price sticker off without leaving any residue, but the case doesn't shine like it's new. Because it's not.

I'm guessing it's because I got the last copy. I must have, because the 3 BCs I bought were all shrinkwrapped.

I mean, Microsoft puts the green seal on the sides of their games for a reason. That way you know what you are buying is NEW. Without the seal, what are you buying? Gamestop is commiting fraud as far as I'm concerned, each and every time they sell an open game as new.

I didn't complain because I'm going to open the game and play it anyway, plus it was cheaper than the used copy (and if it's the last copy I wasn't going to argue)...but my used games almost NEVER wind up looking like the new Wheelman case and disc I bought today. I baby my stuff. Even my Oblivion case from launch is pristine.

I think more complaints need to be filed at the corporate level about their practices, or even the BBB. Like I said, I believe it to be fraud.

It's weird that the website lists $17.99 for Deadly Creatures Used - in store yesterday it rang up as $34.99 used. They had no new copies left, either.

[quote name='jer7583']It's weird that the website lists $17.99 for Deadly Creatures Used - in store yesterday it rang up as $34.99 used. They had no new copies left, either.[/QUOTE]

It seems that they didn't update their systems on used games until last night. I was checkin the PoP used version...was still 26.99 in store and online, checked again later last night and they had changed it to 17.99 or 18.99. These prices should be around all month so I am gonna wait for the B2G1 next week.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Are they doing a separate price for the collector's edition of Prince of Persia?[/QUOTE]

The PoP LE was the same price as the regular version, just gotta find one lol.

[quote name='jer7583']It's weird that the website lists $17.99 for Deadly Creatures Used - in store yesterday it rang up as $34.99 used. They had no new copies left, either.[/QUOTE]

I bought a copy Wednesday morning and it rang up 17.99. Weird.

Melbourne store was stormed. 4 or 5 people in front of me pretty much buying everything... nothing left when I got to the register.

Enjoying Bionic Commando so far; it has some frustrating moments but it seems to me that it gets an unfair amount of criticism.

priced matched bionic commando 360 at best buy, but the manager wouldn't allow me the 10% off. but the girl at the register was nice enough to let me purchase it for full price and then took me over to customer service for a price match. was able to purchase bionic commando for 15.99, its about 20% off. not sure how this works. but cool anyways.

I grabbed SKI DO SNOWMOBILE CHALLENGE~! for $10. Man, totally fun for $10.

Wheelman I grabbed. Forgot about HAWX and I had previously picked up BC for $24 at TRU.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Melbourne store was stormed. 4 or 5 people in front of me pretty much buying everything... nothing left when I got to the register.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. Maybe I should head out a bit earlier than I planned...

[quote name='deletion']priced matched bionic commando 360 at best buy, but the manager wouldn't allow me the 10% off. but the girl at the register was nice enough to let me purchase it for full price and then took me over to customer service for a price match. was able to purchase bionic commando for 15.99, its about 20% off. not sure how this works. but cool anyways.[/QUOTE]

You get %10 of the difference in the price of the thing you're pricematching.

$59.99 - $19.99 = $40, so you got $4 off.

[quote name='tylerdurden689']I think I'll swing by and pick up Bionic Commando...[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there.

Of course Bionic Commando is sold out for the PS3 online DAMN. Snooze you loose should have done this last night...

[quote name='vanlandw']Of course Bionic Commando is sold out for the PS3 online DAMN. Snooze you loose should have done this last night...[/QUOTE]

i got my order in just when the deal went live online but it's still PENDING. all my other games shipped yesterday. i hope they dont cancel it.

edit: nm, they just shipped it today, woot.

[quote name='deletion'] was able to purchase bionic commando for 15.99, its about 20% off. not sure how this works. but cool anyways.[/QUOTE]

BC is $60 at BB so the difference is $40, therefore 10% of the difference is $4. After all said and done PM for $20 - $4 PM guarantee = $16. My BB just PM'd with no additional % off.

[quote name='jazzman']BC is $60 at BB so the difference is $40, therefore 10% of the difference is $4. After all said and done PM for $20 - $4 PM guarantee = $16. My BB just PM'd with no additional % off.[/QUOTE]

BB PM always works like this - if you PM at the time of purchase, you get a straight match. You need to pay their full price, then PM, to get the extra 10% of the difference.

[quote name='jazzman']BC is $60 at BB so the difference is $40, therefore 10% of the difference is $4. After all said and done PM for $20 - $4 PM guarantee = $16. My BB just PM'd with no additional % off.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure of their policy, but when I did price matches in the past they just matched the advertised price. If you buy at BB's regular price and then take your receipt up to the service desk for a price adjustment you can get the extra 10%.

Quick question - I want to return Bionic Commando, and Wheelman (Sealed) but I paid with a giftcard. There is no way I can get cash back right? It can only be put back on a gift card?

Hm, I need to remember to sign up for the BB rewards zone, lol. Then I might actually have an excuse to go there and try and PM BC.

[quote name='rdogg1026']Quick question - I want to return Bionic Commando, and Wheelman (Sealed) but I paid with a giftcard. There is no way I can get cash back right? It can only be put back on a gift card?[/QUOTE]

Unless Gamestop has changed their policy, if you paid with a gift card you can only get a gift card/store credit back if you return the games.

[quote name='rdogg1026']Quick question - I want to return Bionic Commando, and Wheelman (Sealed) but I paid with a giftcard. There is no way I can get cash back right? It can only be put back on a gift card?[/QUOTE]

Unless retail policies have changed as of late, you always get back what you paid with, unless it's a special case where the store gives you back gift credit even if you paid in cash. Always works down never up the pay ladder.

Cash>Credit>Gift Cards

[quote name='rant']Unless Gamestop has changed their policy, if you paid with a gift card you can only get a gift card/store credit back if you return the games.[/QUOTE]

I got a wild one for you now.

Say I traded all 3 games I bought for $19.99 (HAWX, Bionic, and Wheelman) for Fight Night Round 4 (The promotion) and I get a gift receipt for it, Then go to another Gamestop and return FNR4. Can I get cash back that way?

bread's done
Back