Gamestop Sales B2G2F PS2 & Gamecube?

insxoffer

CAG Veteran
I was at a local Gamestop and purchased a few old ps2 games. The manager there infor me that there is a B2G2F on PS2 & Gamecube like they did last time in 2 weeks. have any1 heard about this sale?

[quote name='sevenfold']That's happened to me a lot lately as well, mostly in situations where I actually find the case on the shelf and then they tell me they must have sold the disc without it. I've started asking them if I can have the case or art/manual when they tell me they can't find the disc.[/QUOTE]

Do they let you have it? I get pissed when they can't find it, but it's still listed on their website days later. Either you have it or you don't. Quit screwing around.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Do they let you have it? I get pissed when they can't find it, but it's still listed on their website days later. Either you have it or you don't. Quit screwing around.[/QUOTE]

They said i cant have the cases. (I even asked if i can just take the booklet and art) I guess it depends on the location.

My haul so far

178.jpg

All complete and in good condition, except for Return to Arms. Nearly every store in the area had Digital Devil Saga 2, but all disc only.

I'm really looking forward to the time that BB puts another one of those 50% off coupons for used games in the @gamer and then going into BB only to fine like 5,000 copies of crappy madden games.

If anything kills this golden goose it's going to be somebody at BB realizing that all these sweet games they are getting for only a dollar and probably reselling for 9.99 are games that they would have had a hard time selling for that price 8 years ago.

[quote name='sevenfold']That's happened to me a lot lately as well, mostly in situations where I actually find the case on the shelf and then they tell me they must have sold the disc without it. I've started asking them if I can have the case or art/manual when they tell me they can't find the disc.[/QUOTE]

This same thing keeps happening to me as well, I found a mint copy of Eternal Poison and the Ar Tonelico 2 Premium Pack but they couldn't find the discs for either one. They let me keep the cases and I got a free soundtrack and artbook but no game... Whereas at other stores, they won't let me have the cases and they throw perfectly good manuals and cases in the garbage. I wonder what the official policy is?

Finally done! I went to gamestop and got 57 ps2 games for 30.00. Took those and some Target clearance games worth 60.00 and was able to trade them in for 181.00 with madden preorder. Got the mag subscription and Hunted and the rep let me keep the coupon so ill get Brink later on this week. Pretty satisfied for 4 hrs of work.

[quote name='nickawesome']This same thing keeps happening to me as well, I found a mint copy of Eternal Poison and the Ar Tonelico 2 Premium Pack but they couldn't find the discs for either one. They let me keep the cases and I got a free soundtrack and artbook but no game... Whereas at other stores, they won't let me have the cases and they throw perfectly good manuals and cases in the garbage. I wonder what the official policy is?[/QUOTE]

A store near me claims to have a new copy of Ar Tonelico 2 Premium Pack but mostly likely it's been gutted. Some also claim other stuff, but I'm just going to swing by a few and look through their used section. Would be nice to pick up a few interesting games, but I'm not too worried if I am disappointed.

went to gamestop picked up 92.. 99 cent and 1.99 games (no cases or books) for 43 bucks and took them all to best buy and it took him a hour to input each one for a total of 107 before the 50% madden pre order deal and came to 153.50...so i have might pick up madden and still have under 100 left over for my touch pad or something else not sure

I picked up 56 games, went to BB, the guy input it. 1 hour later, system timed out... Went for dinner and came back 30 mins later. Got $80 (around there). Man, a lot of work for little gain. But... Mission accomplished.

[quote name='The Punisher']They said i cant have the cases. (I even asked if i can just take the booklet and art) I guess it depends on the location.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it depends. Usually I bring up the box, they can't find the disc, they reach to throw it out, and I ask to keep it. Never had them refuse. Lately though they've been holding onto the boxes just to have DVD cases; I found a batch of games they didn't have but they wouldn't let me take the boxes. Today I went to buy Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis but they didn't have the disc. The guy took the box and put it in a drawer. I asked if they were going to use it, and he said yeah, but he knew it was pretty rare so he let me have it.

Did end up picking up:
Xenosaga 3
Champions: Return to Arms
Valkyrie Profile 2
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Burnout 2
Final Fantasy X-2
Xenosaga
Rayman 2

im so tempted but i know my best buy will be a stickler on only taking complete games and 90% of the games are disc only scratched.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Do they let you have it? I get pissed when they can't find it, but it's still listed on their website days later. Either you have it or you don't. Quit screwing around.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had them deny me yet and I've done it at four stores. Twice they took the art/manual out but kept the physical case and told me that whether they could give the case away or not depended on how many extra empties they had.

If they give you a hard time about it for some reason tell them that you only buy complete games and by letting you have the art/manual now you could buy a disc-only copy from them later that you wouldn't have otherwise been interested in.

Also, since everybody else is posting their lists this is what I've picked up so far:

Shadow Hearts
Fatal Frame
Digital Devil Saga 2 (I already had the box set with 1)
Suikoden V

Radiata Stories
Odin Sphere
Drakengard
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus

Okami
Dirge of Cerberus
Rogue Galaxy (got art from one store, bought disc-only game from the mall store across the street)
Castlevania Lament of Innocence

Sega Genesis Collection (mostly for Phantasy Star)
MS Saga
.Hack Infection
.Hack Outbreak

I also found a new copy of the Devil Summoner 2 box set and picked it up just for the Raiho plush.

[quote name='darkvulture']went to gamestop picked up 92.. 99 cent and 1.99 games (no cases or books) for 43 bucks and took them all to best buy and it took him a hour to input each one for a total of 107 before the 50% madden pre order deal and came to 153.50...so i have might pick up madden and still have under 100 left over for my touch pad or something else not sure[/QUOTE]

Jesus christ.. people like you are why i hated working retail in the past. What a friggin nightmare

@ the comments on gamestop not letting you keep cases when they dont have the game. While I hate gamestop and its policies. A lot of the employees at the ones near me are actually pretty cool. I've never had one refuse to give me the case/manual. If theres any resistance at all I just say that id like it in case the next store i go to has the disk but no case/manual

They all know I never buy shit unless its complete. There are only a couple douche managers that id imagine may have refused me but ive never had them help me when that happened. In fact One of the stores near me has been going way downhill since they got a new 'by the numbers' kinda manager there. I dont even shop at that one anymore

[quote name='sevenfold']
If they give you a hard time about it for some reason tell them that you only buy complete games and by letting you have the art/manual now you could buy a disc-only copy from them later that you wouldn't have otherwise been interested in.
[/QUOTE]

ya, this. I cant imagine them giving you shit. At the very least they should give you the art/manual

Also, since everybody else is posting their lists this is what I've picked up so far:

Shadow Hearts
Fatal Frame
Digital Devil Saga 2 (I already had the box set with 1)
Suikoden V

Radiata Stories
Odin Sphere
Drakengard
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus

Okami
Dirge of Cerberus
Rogue Galaxy (got art from one store, bought disc-only game from the mall store across the street)
Castlevania Lament of Innocence

Sega Genesis Collection (mostly for Phantasy Star)
MS Saga
.Hack Infection
.Hack Outbreak

I also found a new copy of the Devil Summoner 2 box set and picked it up just for the Raiho plush.
are you fucking kidding me? Jeeze what kinda GS's you got near you, thats a great find. I casually browsed a few near me this week when i was by them and they didn't have shit. I already ravaged them the last time they had this deal and it looks like no ones really traded anything worth a crap in since then =(

[quote name='Kenshindono']are you fucking kidding me? Jeeze what kinda GS's you got near you, thats a great find. I casually browsed a few near me this week when i was by them and they didn't have shit. I already ravaged them the last time they had this deal and it looks like no ones really traded anything worth a crap in since then =([/QUOTE]

I have three stores real close together and they all still have big PS2 selections and they're getting shipments in from other stores in the state constantly right now. I'm going back to one this afternoon because the manager is holding a complete copy of God Hand for me. :D

Finally got around to going to the store that all my local stores shipped their PS2 games to. Quite a lot of games there, but mostly all junk. The only thing I saw that I liked was a complete Kingdom Hearts non-GH version (foil art) and one generic case Fatal Frame 2. What a bust. Picked up 16 sports games for Best Buy so the trip wasn't a total waste.

Had an awesome haul, and really filled out our collection.

Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame II
Fatal Frame III
Persona 3 FES

Persona 4
Shin Megami Tensei : Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei : Digital Devil Saga 2
Shadow Hearts

Okami
Xenosaga III
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Street Fighter III Collection

Bully
Odin Sphere
Sega Genesis Collection
Xenosaga II

Luckily all were complete and in damned good shape. An they still have tones of others, I got to get back and load up again, soon.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Is there any point in keeping the Special Edition of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 or should I just trade it in?[/QUOTE]

you could just keep all the extras and trade in only the disc. It gets you the same trade in value...

[quote name='MinatoKun']Wait wait wait, what's business about getting old games for .99 and flipping them at BB?[/QUOTE]

.99 sports games or whatever are being purchased then flipped to best buys but thats ymmv..i was able to do it with little problems, IATCG and others have been having luck with them as well..good way to make a little extra towards preorders.

[quote name='DerClaw']I'm really looking forward to the time that BB puts another one of those 50% off coupons for used games in the @gamer and then going into BB only to fine like 5,000 copies of crappy madden games.

If anything kills this golden goose it's going to be somebody at BB realizing that all these sweet games they are getting for only a dollar and probably reselling for 9.99 are games that they would have had a hard time selling for that price 8 years ago.[/QUOTE]

goose will be killed with all the bragging idiotic posts here that only a moron would not realize BBuy reads...

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN'].99 sports games or whatever are being purchased then flipped to best buys but thats ymmv..i was able to do it with little problems, IATCG and others have been having luck with them as well..good way to make a little extra towards preorders.[/QUOTE]

????????? you answered this? they could not even read one page of posts for themselves?

[quote name='donut']????????? you answered this? they could not even read one page of posts for themselves?[/QUOTE]

Him taking the time to answer seems less ridiculous than you taking an equal amount of time to harass him for answering, which also seems less ridiculous than me taking the time to harass you for harassing him for answering.

Total count: 32 games, 8 came complete, 7 came with original artwork, and the rest came in generic boxes. Was able to complete 4 more games at the local gamestops today, and went to BRE to purchase box/instructions for about 8 of the other games. Here's hoping to a better day at the other gamestops tomorrow to try to complete my games!!

Is Fatal Frame 1 worth picking up? Never played any of the games. $30 is outrageous for a preowned game that just got a reprint (it's $20 new on Amazon), but pair it with some $10 games and I can justify it as $10 a game ($40 total).

Also, how is the .hack series and is it worth grabbing just one or are all necessary? I saw Infection today.

Finally, is the EyeToy worth getting? It's 2 bucks...do accessories count in the promotion?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shivan128']Total count: 32 games, 8 came complete, 7 came with original artwork, and the rest came in generic boxes. Was able to complete 4 more games at the local gamestops today, and went to BRE to purchase box/instructions for about 8 of the other games. Here's hoping to a better day at the other gamestops tomorrow to try to complete my games!![/QUOTE]

What is BRE? (I'd be interested in getting manuals/cover art for some games)

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']What is BRE? (I'd be interested in getting manuals/cover art for some games)[/QUOTE]

Bre Software, it's an online gaming store.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Bre Software, it's an online gaming store.

Can find anything recently, does anyone know if they still take PS2 games for trade-ins? Been trying to get rid of some games for a few months and just want to dump them. At this point I don't care if I get $.25 for each of them, just as long as they're no longer taking up space in my small apartment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! If you have a local BestBuy that takes trade-ins, you might want to check the TIV's for your PS2 games there. Here's the link to the CAG thread dedicated for BestBuy trade-ins (along with the online estimator in the OP).

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Thanks! If you have a local BestBuy that takes trade-ins, you might want to check the TIV's for your PS2 games there. Here's the link to the CAG thread dedicated for BestBuy trade-ins (along with the online estimator in the OP).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but the store near me is not doing the trade-in program. So I'd have to send them in, which is too much hassle at this point. Most of the games are disc only anyway and not in the best condition.

I'm pretty much done with gaming or at least taking 1-3 year break. So at this point, I'd rather dump them at GS and get whatever cash for them. That's why I was wondering if GS is still taking them, since they're the only store near me doing trade-ins.

need to check the other GS near me, though I doubt there selection is that big, if they even have any ps2 games left..really small store.

noone answered my question earlier though. If I do the pre order trade in bonus thing for all games I trade in do I only have to put the mandatory $5 down and still collect the 40% extra after that?

Say I trade in 50 ps2 .99 games...would I get $1.40 per title if I do the preorder thing? Making it $70.00..and just do the $5 down..would I still get $65 in credit?

I opted out on the preorder bonus the first time I traded in my haul of ps2 games because I figured only the amount of games needed for the amount of the preorder would qualify for the 40% extra.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']need to check the other GS near me, though I doubt there selection is that big, if they even have any ps2 games left..really small store.

noone answered my question earlier though. If I do the pre order trade in bonus thing for all games I trade in do I only have to put the mandatory $5 down and still collect the 40% extra after that?

Say I trade in 50 ps2 .99 games...would I get $1.40 per title if I do the preorder thing? Making it $70.00..and just do the $5 down..would I still get $65 in credit?

I opted out on the preorder bonus the first time I traded in my haul of ps2 games because I figured only the amount of games needed for the amount of the preorder would qualify for the 40% extra.[/QUOTE]

Read the BB trade-in thread. Your questions have been answered there.

Whee, I picked up:

Radiata Stories (9.99)
Rogue Galaxy (9.99)
Odin Sphere (9.99)
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (12.99)

Had to do a bit of driving to find complete copies, so :cry: for gas (the cheapest being almost $4/gallon now!).

Traded in another 124 $.99 games. 80 at one store and 44 at another. Did the preorder bonus so got between the 2 stores about $180. Preordered Halo Anniversary and Dead Island. :)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Traded in another 124 $.99 games. 80 at one store and 44 at another. Did the preorder bonus so got between the 2 stores about $180. Preordered Halo Anniversary and Dead Island. :)[/QUOTE]

I thought I was pushing it with 50 games... but 124, that's just insane.:applause: I felt bad for the BB employee who did my trade-in because it took nearly an hour just to enter in all the games.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I thought I was pushing it with 50 games... but 124, that's just insane.:applause: I felt bad for the BB employee who did my trade-in because it took nearly an hour just to enter in all the games.[/QUOTE]

Haha that does suck.
It's so much work for what you get...but 250+% profit credit conversion is hard to not take advantage of. :)

I wanted to check out what PS2 games they had but at my local GS (which is a larger/busier one than most) they had gotten rid of all PS2 games and said they didn't carry them any more! They still had GC games though.

[quote name='DerClaw']I'm really looking forward to the time that BB puts another one of those 50% off coupons for used games in the @gamer and then going into BB only to fine like 5,000 copies of crappy madden games.

If anything kills this golden goose it's going to be somebody at BB realizing that all these sweet games they are getting for only a dollar and probably reselling for 9.99 are games that they would have had a hard time selling for that price 8 years ago.[/QUOTE]
I'm shocked BB hasn't actually followed Amazon in dropping the number of dupes they'll take per person per year down to two or even one.
[quote name='skateraXVIII']I thought I was pushing it with 50 games... but 124, that's just insane.:applause: I felt bad for the BB employee who did my trade-in because it took nearly an hour just to enter in all the games.[/QUOTE]
I felt bad for the BB employees(another one came to help the first guy when he saw the sack of games I had;)) having to manually input about half of my games, but I had no qualms about taking their credit.:D

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Traded in another 124 $.99 games. 80 at one store and 44 at another. Did the preorder bonus so got between the 2 stores about $180. Preordered Halo Anniversary and Dead Island. :)[/QUOTE]

brought in over 430 ps2 games, most .99 but all were less than 1.99
i only wish i would have had more than 200 in gamestop credit but oh well still turned over NICELY!!

the receipts looked ridiculous and i would have definitely hated to be the poor bb worker on my trade in day :cry:

Do we know when this sale goes till? I've no intention of buying up 100 games for BB trade in, but I'll probably do another trade in there in the next couple of days and it'd be nice to pad it a little bit.

[quote name='elitedemo']brought in over 430 ps2 games, most .99 but all were less than 1.99
i only wish i would have had more than 200 in gamestop credit but oh well still turned over NICELY!!

the receipts looked ridiculous and i would have definitely hated to be the poor bb worker on my trade in day :cry:[/QUOTE]

Did you do this in one visit? That is just insane (how long did that take?), and you only had max of 3 copies of any particular title. I got denied when I had 4 of one title, so I have a single PS2 disc just sitting in my car waiting for the next visit.

On topic, I made a second visit to my closest GS and their 99c selection is dwindled down to almost nothing. Maybe 20 more discs left of Madden 2001, 2003, 2005 (trade cap reached on those). There are like 40+ discs in the 1.99+ range but I am not that desperate for credit transfer to BB, yet!

[quote name='nakanenui']Did you do this in one visit? That is just insane (how long did that take?), and you only had max of 3 copies of any particular title. I got denied when I had 4 of one title, so I have a single PS2 disc just sitting in my car waiting for the next visit.

On topic, I made a second visit to my closest GS and their 99c selection is dwindled down to almost nothing. Maybe 20 more discs left of Madden 2001, 2003, 2005 (trade cap reached on those). There are like 40+ discs in the 1.99+ range but I am not that desperate for credit transfer to BB, yet![/QUOTE]

i had over 100 on first visit to make sure it worked per the gs guy as he really didnt want to have to reenter all the inventory which i understood, i had up to 4 copies in there of certain titles at first, all went through, the 2nd time was my mistake coming with a ton of titles, they then decided to honor the 3 title limit, so i had a few other persons do trades as well, then i had a few left over titles left with many copies i swapped back to gs and then came back to bb with another vengeance again with 3 copies of more :)

im not exactly sure what it came out to in the end but im around 500 titles at the end of it and preordered 5 games one being the dreaded madden that was already sold outright, im all for the extra 100 credit seeing i just dont have enough yet :D

my gs guy was awesome, he pulled out some extra bins in the back as their store keeps getting tons of stock from all the other ones, even the 2 dollar titles you come out alright as your still getting minimum 50% upgrade value (40-50% per bb trade and 10% gs card discount) and on mass titles its definitely worth it

I picked up these today.
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1
Tales of the Abyss
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

All were complete except Jurassic Park. I was going to get Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, but they couldn't find the disc. Stupid me didn't ask if I could keep the case and manual. I might go back to get it if they don't want it.

[quote name='elitedemo']brought in over 430 ps2 games, most .99 but all were less than 1.99

the receipts looked ridiculous and i would have definitely hated to be the poor bb worker on my trade in day :cry:[/QUOTE]

430!!! so much for the 3 in one year limit. :)

I returned Dirge of Cerberus and got .hack Infection instead. Although I had to go to two different stores though. The 1st one had the case and the 2nd had the game disk. Thankfully both stores were very close by.

I might go to another store on Sunday if I can get off from work.

bread's done
Back