Gamestop Sales B2G2F PS2 & Gamecube?

insxoffer

CAG Veteran
I was at a local Gamestop and purchased a few old ps2 games. The manager there infor me that there is a B2G2F on PS2 & Gamecube like they did last time in 2 weeks. have any1 heard about this sale?

i went to my local gamestop two days ago and did not see any promotions or something. i was at the gc section and they had quite a few good ones i might go clean them out. They had kirby air ride, mario kart, star fox, custom robo,luigis mansion, super smash bros, crystal chronicles, and quite a few others. Hopefully i get lucky and they are still there.

The 1st two Gamestops I went to today didn't carry PS2 games anymore which kind of sucked. Before I went to the 3rd one, I called to make sure they had PS2 games. Thankfully they all were on my way home so I didn't waste too much gas.

The games I got were:

Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4
Xenosaga III

Sadly, the store didn't have any games for $.99. I will probably go to another one nearby tomorrow.

Does their system automatically pair up the games to give the customer the best deal? In other words, if I buy 4 $1.99 games and 4 $.99 games, would I pay for two 1.99 and two .99 games, or would I need two separate transactions?

[quote name='winterlane']Does their system automatically pair up the games to give the customer the best deal? In other words, if I buy 4 $1.99 games and 4 $.99 games, would I pay for two 1.99 and two .99 games, or would I need two separate transactions?[/QUOTE]

The two cheapest games will be the free ones. You would need to do two transactions for maximum value.

The Gamestop computers pair it so the customer gets the best possible deal. So yeah, you'd pay for two $1.99 and two $.99 games.

By the way, does anyone know anyway to return games bought in this promotion? Upon testing to make sure they all work I discovered one was garbage; it works fine but I don't really want it in my collection. I'm guessing just bringing it in w/the receipt and trading for something of equal or lesser value won't work; could I bring back the other games, buy them back and get something else? That certainly seems abusable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nitman99']The Gamestop computers pair it so the customer gets the best possible deal. So yeah, you'd pay for two $1.99 and two $.99 games.

By the way, does anyone know anyway to return games bought in this promotion? Upon testing to make sure they all work I discovered one was garbage; it works fine but I don't really want it in my collection. I'm guessing just bringing it in w/the receipt and trading for something of equal or lesser value won't work; could I bring back the other games, buy them back and get something else? That certainly seems abusable.[/QUOTE]

I was told today that with the receipt you can exchange them individually for store credit within 7 days and at any location just like any other used game, you just can't be refunded any money. You don't need to return the lot. I would make sure you get the receipt back, though, just in case you need to return any of the others later on as well.

Tried the 99 cent GS to BB flip. Worked perfectly. 26 games turned 11.50 cash into 39 dollars credit w/ preorder...(which I dont think I was even charged for...). DEFFFF gonna do this again tomorrow. Im gonna try to get at least 200 in credit total. The perfect thing is im just trading in old sports titles that noone even wants lol. I think I went through every madden, MLB, NBA, and Tiger Woods game lol

Sadly, the GameStop in front of my place decided to stop carrying PS2 games all together.

...Yet they still carry PS2 systems and kept their GameCube games, which was far smaller in number than their PS2 games. It's a shame, too, since they had some good PS2 titles I was after.

I'm going to be doing some traveling on monday. So if any one has any requests for ps2 games, let me know. Check around zip codes 29505, 29201, 29150, and 29020. I can pick up games at just about any one of those gamestops in those areas.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Tried the 99 cent GS to BB flip. Worked perfectly. 26 games turned 11.50 cash into 39 dollars credit w/ preorder...(which I dont think I was even charged for...). DEFFFF gonna do this again tomorrow. Im gonna try to get at least 200 in credit total. The perfect thing is im just trading in old sports titles that noone even wants lol. I think I went through every madden, MLB, NBA, and Tiger Woods game lol[/QUOTE]

What games did you flip?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I'm going to be doing some traveling on monday. So if any one has any requests for ps2 games, let me know. Check around zip codes 29505, 29201, 29150, and 29020. I can pick up games at just about any one of those gamestops in those areas.[/QUOTE]

by any chance u going to
Columbiana Center100 Columbiana CirSte 1258 Columbia, SC 29212 (803) 781-1022Lookin for ninja five-o

Went to a different Gamestop to swap one of the freebies for another. They wouldn't give me store credit for it but they said I could swap it with something of equal or lesser value. I went looking and found one along with several I intended on doing the buy 2 get 2. Went up to the front and they only had 2 of the 6 discs. Looks like they've been shipping a lot of the discs to other stores but didn't bother finding the right boxes for them. I asked if I could take the boxes and look for the discs elsewhere but they said that when shipping they have to ship in DVD/PS2 style cases; they can't just use the yellow sleeves. So those boxes will probably be used to ship out completely different games. They said I could come back in a few weeks and clean out whatever boxes they have left. In the end I swapped out the game for another slightly more expensive game, and they made me pay the difference. I could've done a return/buy back but it really wasn't worth the effort.

[quote name='Slappybob']What games did you flip?[/QUOTE]

Literally every old sports game you can think of that Gamestop has. I.e. Madden 2002, 2003, 2004, NBA 2002, 2003,2004 etc etc...

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Literally every old sports game you can think of that Gamestop has. I.e. Madden 2002, 2003, 2004, NBA 2002, 2003,2004 etc etc...[/QUOTE]It is amazing how many different football and basketball games were made. There are over 100 $.99 PS2 games.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I jusy bought 56 .99 games, mostly sports to flip to Bezt Buy but they dont have cases. Doesnt Bezt Buy require cases?[/QUOTE]No

Yeah the Gamestop employee told me that they are trying to empty out their PS2 stock... The Gamestop by me already got rid of all their Gamecube games.

Still, this is a nice sale. I got Sly 3, Ape Escape 2, and got Wild Arms 3 and Trapt for free :D

[quote name='Echoes']Yeah the Gamestop employee told me that they are trying to empty out their PS2 stock... The Gamestop by me already got rid of all their Gamecube games.

Still, this is a nice sale. I got Sly 3, Ape Escape 2, and got Wild Arms 3 and Trapt for free :D[/QUOTE]

Good picks! Sly 3 is an amazing game (I loved the Sly Cooper series) and I never got around to playing Ape Escape 2, but the original was epic. Dunno about Wild Arms 3 but Trapt I rented once and enjoyed it a lot.

yah i loaded up on dot hack games and megami series. those games are extremely popular and will only get much harder to find down road.

Interesting thing here. If you trade in your 99 cent games to BB, you have the option of choosing cash via a check. This check, as it turns out, is the same value as the in store credit. (im assuming minus the 50% bonus trade in). This is because BB does not have trade in values less than a dollar. SO technically you could actually make MONEY from this flip. (though im not sure if its worth all the time and effort to make like 50 bucks...)

The store I went to tonight had crap for the "cases" - but the real secret for this deal is the disc only section. For one, you can actually check the disc condition. Two, there were some nice gems in here, and at roughly $3 on average. Nothing omg rare... but for me, worth the price.

I walked out with:

- Extermination
- Metal Saga
- Samurai Western
- Eternal Ring
- Steambot Chronicles
- Klonoa 2

Gonna try another store tomorrow...

[quote name='The Punisher']by any chance u going to
Columbiana Center100 Columbiana CirSte 1258 Columbia, SC 29212 (803) 781-1022Lookin for ninja five-o[/QUOTE]

Sent you a pm.

My Gamestop was actually wrecked of it's PS2 section. There's probably 50 games altogether. Nothing good either.

I am very disappointed with the 2 orders that came in today. Of the 9 games that arrived, 2 came complete. I have to think twice before ordering from them again good thing it's b2g2!!

[quote name='nnthomas']The store I went to tonight had crap for the "cases" - but the real secret for this deal is the disc only section. For one, you can actually check the disc condition. Two, there were some nice gems in here, and at roughly $3 on average. Nothing omg rare... but for me, worth the price.

I walked out with:

- Extermination
- Metal Saga
- Samurai Western
- Eternal Ring
- Steambot Chronicles
- Klonoa 2

Gonna try another store tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

At the Gamestop I went to two days ago, I luckily able to get Suikoden V in the disc only section. Sadly, that was the only good game they had in that section.

I was only able to find 12 $.99 games at another Gamestop today. At Bestbuy after the 40% bonus, I got $16.80. So I got about an extra $10. I was going to preorder Batman Arkham City but their system was down so I got a gift card instead.

In addition, I also got:

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Radiata Stories

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']At the Gamestop I went to two days ago, I luckily able to get Suikoden V in the disc only section. Sadly, that was the only good game they had in that section.

I was only able to find 12 $.99 games at another Gamestop today. At Bestbuy after the 40% bonus, I got $16.80. So I got about an extra $10. I was going to preorder Batman Arkham City but their system was down so I got a gift card instead.

In addition, I also got:

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Radiata Stories[/QUOTE]

all excellent games. If you like the Suikoden games, I'm sure you'll love Radiata Stories. I'd say its a mix between Chrono Cross and Suikoden.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Interesting thing here. If you trade in your 99 cent games to BB, you have the option of choosing cash via a check. This check, as it turns out, is the same value as the in store credit. (im assuming minus the 50% bonus trade in). This is because BB does not have trade in values less than a dollar. SO technically you could actually make MONEY from this flip. (though im not sure if its worth all the time and effort to make like 50 bucks...)[/QUOTE]

This is actually a very interesting observation. I've never had anyone in-store mention I could get a check, but I know it's an option to select when you send them in online. They could be shady when you send them in online, but who knows. It's a decent option.

[quote name='shivan128']I am very disappointed with the 2 orders that came in today. Of the 9 games that arrived, 2 came complete. I have to think twice before ordering from them again good thing it's b2g2!![/QUOTE]

Only one of my 4 are complete. I am going to the local stores and try to swap them for complete versions.

I walked out with gold. I have an e-rewards card I am saving for transfer BB credit which I should do tomorrow. Should be able to flip it enough.

All complete/NM:
Digital Devil Saga [Shin Megami Tensei]
Nocturne [Shin Megami Tensei]
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented
= ~$62+happy camper!

Does BB take games as disk only? I am just wondering because the one closest to me has a HUGE selection of games for $.99 but they are disk only...

[quote name='R0tatioNz']I walked out with gold. I have an e-rewards card I am saving for transfer BB credit which I should do tomorrow. Should be able to flip it enough.

All complete/NM:
Digital Devil Saga [Shin Megami Tensei]
Nocturne [Shin Megami Tensei]
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented
= ~$62+happy camper!

Does BB take games as disk only? I am just wondering because the one closest to me has a HUGE selection of games for $.99 but they are disk only...[/QUOTE]

yep. I asked this earlier and was told they do, and yah already traded in 56 disc only games with no probs. I would suggest removing the price stickers on the disc sleeves though in case your best buy may have ignorant cashiers/game trade reps.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']yep. I asked this earlier and was told they do, and yah already traded in 56 disc only games with no probs. I would suggest removing the price stickers on the disc sleeves though in case your best buy may have ignorant cashiers/game trade reps.[/QUOTE]

Is the rule about not trading in 3 of the same title still correct? I forgot if it was BB or Amazon...have to get afk now so I will check back later :(

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Is the rule about not trading in 3 of the same title still correct? I forgot if it was BB or Amazon...have to get afk now so I will check back later :([/QUOTE]

pretty sure it is. I didnt trade in any dupes though so not 100%.

Finally decided to give it a go. Ended up getting

Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
Nocturne
Tales of the Abyss.

Now i finally finished my shin megami tensei collection.

Technically the policy now at BB is that they DO take games WITHOUT case/manual. BUT there are still some stores out there that will enforce that any game traded in must be a complete copy. Hence why I was denied at the first BB I went to today; though the second one took em no questions asked. (the cashier even mentioned this specific thread on CAG lol...)

Good sale but I bought literally every worthwhile boxed game within 60 miles of me last time.

I have a disturbing ps2 backlog.

Picked up Sly Cooper, Vietcong, Nicktoons Unite, Spawn, and Auto Modelista.

Love the cell shading on SLy and Auto. Spawn is cool too.

Plus got Klonoa and Metroid Prine 3 for Wii. (giftcard)

this store employee at one gamestop told me, they aren't doing gamecube for 2 reasons. people aren't trading them in, and people are buying the GC games more than ever.

I guess I was way late to try and pick up complete copies of PS2 games cause they were sold out of literally everything.

Did manage to pick up 64 various sports titles which I dumped to BB for profit but... Still missing some PS2 RPGs for my collection >.

Thanks Punisher

fright-night-2011__thumb.jpg

Is it possible to return a game I got from this deal (that was one of the ones I paid for, not a free one) and get store credit for it? I know there is a 7 day return policy, but I don't know if that applies to games bought during a sale like this one.

bread's done
Back