Gamestop Sales B2G2F PS2 & Gamecube?

insxoffer

CAG Veteran
I was at a local Gamestop and purchased a few old ps2 games. The manager there infor me that there is a B2G2F on PS2 & Gamecube like they did last time in 2 weeks. have any1 heard about this sale?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']last b2g2 i bought 4 games online, they came in the worst possible shape i could have ever imagined, returned them all.[/QUOTE]

All or most of the last gen games that they have online for sale are games that they have "refurbished" (ie run a stone across the disc face, it would appear). Sometimes they look ok; oftentimes they run fine, but there's definitely a much higher dud-rate on ps2,etc games purchased online.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I traded a couple PS2 games in at best buy a couple weeks ago and they were one each, RE 4 and Primal, not so sure that every PS2 game trades in for at least 2 bucks.[/QUOTE]

NO ONE in this thread said that the minimum trade-in for a PS2 game at Best Buy was $2.

The minimum TIV is $1 at BB. But you could buy four $1 games for $2 using the B2G2 (actually $1.78 after PRO card) and get $5 at BB (with the 25% promo) or $5.60 (with the 40% pre-order promo).

Should I bother with Sonic Heroes, Sonic Unleashed (PS2 version), and Shadow the Hedgehog on the PS2/GCN?

Been playing Sonic games since the first one was released on the Sega Genesis. I have yet to play any other Sonic games after Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. Have Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure in my backlog.

Not sure if GBA games will be included this time around but if they are I might grab a few.
I picked up 50 GBA games last time but there were still a handful on my list I couldn't find.

There's quite a few PS2 games I'd love to pick up, but all of my local stores have thrown out the cases/manuals and I'm not sure I'd be able to track them down separately.

I will probably grab a couple GC games like TMNT 2 and the TMNT movie game, but otherwise I have just about every GC game I want already.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Not sure if GBA games will be included this time around but if they are I might grab a few.
I picked up 50 GBA games last time but there were still a handful on my list I couldn't find.

There's quite a few PS2 games I'd love to pick up, but all of my local stores have thrown out the cases/manuals and I'm not sure I'd be able to track them down separately.

I will probably grab a couple GC games like TMNT 2 and the TMNT movie game, but otherwise I have just about every GC game I want already.[/QUOTE]

during the B2G1 awhile back, there was Ninja five o and contra, but it was a bootleg.
I did find the castlevania double pack, dragonball z double pack.
Can u list a GBA must have collection? Trying to build it.

hit up about 6 gamestops around me, only 1 had the usual ps2 game selection...the other stores had already sent them all to the warehouse. i can only assume this will be heavily geared towards online purchases

on the contrary, the gamecube selection was still there at every store...i was able to pick up a few game i didnt have yet

to anyone ordering online...its a crapshoot...most of the time you will just get the disc in a generic case (no manual, legit ps2 case, etc)

[quote name='proKoyeon']hit up about 6 gamestops around me, only 1 had the usual ps2 game selection...the other stores had already sent them all to the warehouse. i can only assume this will be heavily geared towards online purchases

on the contrary, the gamecube selection was still there at every store...i was able to pick up a few game i didnt have yet

to anyone ordering online...its a crapshoot...most of the time you will just get the disc in a generic case (no manual, legit ps2 case, etc)[/QUOTE]

Your hit up the area around you as in they're running the buy 2 get 2 NOW?

Can anyone clarify on when this is running? I called a few local Gamestops; some of them had never even heard of the deal and others said it starts Monday, PS2 only.

[quote name='savagepastry']Your hit up the area around you as in they're running the buy 2 get 2 NOW?[/QUOTE]

no, i was checking if it were actually true...none of the stores knew what i was talking about

either that or they wanted to keep it on the hush hush until it went live

and as i said before, looks like most of the stores are sending most, if not all, of their ps2 selection to a warehouse...so if this future deal is actually true, most of the games (ps2 at least) will be online.

[quote name='proKoyeon']no, i was checking if it were actually true...none of the stores knew what i was talking about

either that or they wanted to keep it on the hush hush until it went live

and as i said before, looks like most of the stores are sending most, if not all, of their ps2 selection to a warehouse...so if this future deal is actually true, most of the games (ps2 at least) will be online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. It makes a lot more sense now. :)

I asked today.

They said the sale will be PS2 only, starting on Monday, and that my particular store was asked to send their PS2 games to a warehouse... so seems to be an online only thing on top of it.

Called my local gamestop, said they dont even carry PS2 anymore, and he had no record of a b2g2 on gamecube. So ymmv?

Just got out of the GameStop in Tuscaloosa and they were running B2G2 for PS2 games only, it did not apply to Gamecube games. They closed at 9, I went in at 8:45 and they had just put the signs up.

Also 50% extra trade in credit for all trade ins.

So for the GBA B2G1 i've been working that deal the last weeks and have been building my collection.

Boktai 2
Advance Wars 2
Mario Tennis Advance
Metal Slug Advance
Onimusha Tactics
Final Fantasy Advance 4
Breath of Fire
Metroid Fusion
Max Payne
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga
Sword of Mana
Namco Museum
F-Zero GP Legend
Super Mario Advance 4

Still looking to get Mario Kart, Breath of Fire 2, and Tekken Advance.

[quote name='Watto11107']So for the GBA B2G1 i've been working that deal the last weeks and have been building my collection.

Boktai 2
Advance Wars 2
Mario Tennis Advance
Metal Slug Advance
Onimusha Tactics
Final Fantasy Advance 4
Breath of Fire
Metroid Fusion
Max Payne
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Sword of Mana
Namco Museum
F-Zero GP Legend
Super Mario Advance 4

Still looking to get Mario Kart, Breath of Fire 2, and Tekken Advance.[/QUOTE]

Good luck dude....I wish you the best getting those gems....:applause:

[quote name='Watto11107']So for the GBA B2G1 i've been working that deal the last weeks and have been building my collection.

Boktai 2
Advance Wars 2
Mario Tennis Advance
Metal Slug Advance
Onimusha Tactics
Final Fantasy Advance 4
Breath of Fire
Metroid Fusion
Max Payne
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Sword of Mana
Namco Museum
F-Zero GP Legend
Super Mario Advance 4

is it still 35% each game as well?

Boktai 2
Advance Wars 2
Mario Tennis Advance
Metal Slug Advance
Onimusha Tactics
Final Fantasy Advance 4
Breath of Fire
Metroid Fusion
Max Payne
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Sword of Mana
Namco Museum
F-Zero GP Legend
Super Mario Advance 4

Wait, there's a B2G1 on GBA games? How long does that last?

[quote name='Optical']Wait, there's a B2G1 on GBA games? How long does that last?[/QUOTE]

I notice at 1 store had the sign for B2G1 free on GBa, but at the other had no promo.

No the b2g1 has taken the place of the 25% off.

[quote name='schulerbob']is it still 35% each game as well?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='orangecrush']I called a store and they said this is going to start tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't supposed to start until Monday, but it started today for whatever reason. They updated our registers and systems today and it came with the update. I called my District Manager and she told us to push it, so yes Buy 2 get 2 on all PS2 games, not sure about gamecube though. no more stores in my area carry gamecube.

I didn't see it mentioned but the promo appears to be live online- at least for ps2 games. I don't remember if I entered "PS2B2G2" or just "B2G2" but I just placed an order for 4 preowned Ps2 games and only paid for 2.

[quote name='RColaUAB']I didn't see it mentioned but the promo appears to be live online- at least for ps2 games. I don't remember if I entered "PS2B2G2" or just "B2G2" but I just placed an order for 4 preowned Ps2 games and only paid for 2.[/QUOTE]

Just tried both and neither worked, did it say somewhere on the site??

[quote name='spauldingfan']Just tried both and neither worked, did it say somewhere on the site??[/QUOTE]

No. Just thought I would try it. I'm pretty sure I used B2G2 but it shows up as "PS2B2G2" in my cart. Sorry I can't be more help.

I tried logging out to see if I could reapply the code but the code appears to be stuck in my cart whenever I add a PS2 game.

[quote name='RColaUAB']No. Just thought I would try it. I'm pretty sure I used B2G2 but it shows up as "PS2B2G2" in my cart. Sorry I can't be more help.

I tried logging out to see if I could reapply the code but the code appears to be stuck in my cart whenever I add a PS2 game.[/QUOTE]

My bad you were totally 100% right it is PS2B2G2 , I had Cag16 still in my cart, and they will not stack, good looking out though!

I wonder when they'll start selling the GBA games at 75% off like they did with the Gameboy/Gameboy Colors games. Had a great haul from that deal a couple of years back.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']I wonder when they'll start selling the GBA games at 75% off like they did with the Gameboy/Gameboy Colors games. Had a great haul from that deal a couple of years back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was an amazing deal for me as well.

So looks like a no on GC games. Too bad because that is what I wanted to pick up!

Here's my measly PS2 collection:
MGS 2 Sons of Liberty
Twisted Metal Black
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory LE
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon 2
SOCOM 3

Here's what I have been thinking about setting for in store pickup:
MGS 3 Subsistence
Beyond Good and Evil
Prince of Perisa Sands of Time
Prince of Persia Two Throne
Prince of Persia Warrior Within(yes, I know they are in the wrong order)
Pro Skater 3
Everything or Nothing
DoA 2 Hardcore
Timesplitters Future Perfect

Any other suggestions? (I'm not really into RPGs or hack n slash, so please not God of War or FF)

[quote name='dabamus']Here's my measly PS2 collection:
MGS 2 Sons of Liberty
Twisted Metal Black
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory LE
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon 2
SOCOM 3

Here's what I have been thinking about setting for in store pickup:
MGS 3 Subsistence
Beyond Good and Evil
Prince of Perisa Sands of Time
Prince of Persia Two Throne
Prince of Persia Warrior Within(yes, I know they are in the wrong order)
Pro Skater 3
Everything or Nothing
DoA 2 Hardcore
Timesplitters Future Perfect

Any other suggestions? (I'm not really into RPGs or hack n slash, so please not God of War or FF)[/QUOTE]
Dabamus, Im in the same boat as u since I just got a PS2.

Anyone can recommend PS2 games that is a must have in a collection?

[quote name='gokuofheaven']I wonder when they'll start selling the GBA games at 75% off like they did with the Gameboy/Gameboy Colors games. Had a great haul from that deal a couple of years back.[/QUOTE]

I've heard from GS employees that they're beginning to phase out GBA stuff. I already know of many stores who have sent back their inventory of GBA stuff to HQ. That's too bad, I would really would like them too =(

[quote name='Snuggelz']I've heard from GS employees that they're beginning to phase out GBA stuff. I already know of many stores who have sent back their inventory of GBA stuff to HQ. That's too bad, I would really would like them too =([/QUOTE]

Those are then sent to the highest volume stores to clear them out.

[quote name='The Punisher']Dabamus, Im in the same boat as u since I just got a PS2.

Anyone can recommend PS2 games that is a must have in a collection?[/QUOTE]

You may have a tough time finding some but Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Zone Of The Enders 1&2, God Of War and Ico ( I know both are remastered now), Sly Cooper series, Ratchet and Clank Series ( All of em except maybe deadlocked)

^ was about to post that too... too bad most of the rpgs are gone. fatal frames 1 - 3 are still there tho. can't find a forth game at priced $29.99

[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone can recommend PS2 games that is a must have in a collection?[/QUOTE]

Persona 4
Persona 3 FES
Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XII
Kingdom Hearts series
Jak and Daxter series (except Lost Frontier)
Ratchet and Clank series
Psychonauts

Some other ones you might want to check out too:
Sky Gunner
Killer 7
Primal
Haunting Ground
The Red Star
Blood Will Tell
Bujingai

[quote name='Ace!']guessing this isnt in store as well?[/QUOTE]

Since a GS employee said that their systems updated yesterday, and some people confirmed it was in their store I'm guessing it is.

As someone who has never traded into BestBuy, I was hoping to get answers from some trade-in vets here:

Does the condition of the game matter? Must it be complete?

Do they accept old sports titles?

Is there a limit to the number of titles at a given time?

Do all BestBuys accept trade-ins?

Regardless, I'll be hitting up some Gamestops today to pad my collection a bit. Hooray!

D'oh, despite the sign saying "products," I couldn't get a free controller with the deal. So I bought Valkyrie Profile 2, Street Fighter Anniversary, SF EX3, and the Simpsons GTA game.

bread's done
Back