Gamestop Sales B2G2F PS2 & Gamecube?

insxoffer

CAG Veteran
I was at a local Gamestop and purchased a few old ps2 games. The manager there infor me that there is a B2G2F on PS2 & Gamecube like they did last time in 2 weeks. have any1 heard about this sale?

[quote name='GuardianE']As someone who has never traded into BestBuy, I was hoping to get answers from some trade-in vets here:

Does the condition of the game matter? Must it be complete?

Do they accept old sports titles?

Is there a limit to the number of titles at a given time?

Do all BestBuys accept trade-ins?

Regardless, I'll be hitting up some Gamestops today to pad my collection a bit. Hooray![/QUOTE]

Seems like you want to flip a bunch of $.99 games.....which is what I will be doing.

Yes, they take in old games like Madden and such and their lowest TIV on games allowed is $1 so its a profit for me with an e-rewards card that I have still :applause:

Dunno why I was thinking this, but I bought 4 games: $17, $13, and two for $10. Was expecting the $13 and one of the $10 for free, but I got the two $10 for free instead. Think I'll take the $17 game back. It was lacking manual and artwork anyway. Couldn't really find any other interesting game though.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Seems like you want to flip a bunch of $.99 games.....which is what I will be doing.

Yes, they take in old games like Madden and such and their lowest TIV on games allowed is $1 so its a profit for me with an e-rewards card that I have still :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Yeah, I figured that as long as I'm doing some shopping I may as well sweeten the deal. Do you know of the games have to be complete when traded in to Bestbuy?

More than I would have liked to spend 58 but got shin megami nocturne, digital devil, suikoden v, fatal frame iii. Not too bad since the games were in like new condition and complete.

[quote name='SSeraphim']More than I would have liked to spend 58 but got shin megami nocturne, digital devil, suikoden v, fatal frame iii. Not too bad since the games were in like new condition and complete.[/QUOTE]

if thats true thats a good deal. I find that very hard to belive though that all those game are actually in like new condition from a gamestop store. Unless someone had JUST traded them all in earlier in the day

Thats about the only way i come out on top at gamestop. Theres one near me where some girl trades in DS rpgs and stuff that look brand new. One day i got in there and saw a treasure trove of them. The employee said the girl had just come in a few hours ago and they had just put them out. He was actually bummed because he wanted children of mana himself =P I also found a mint copy of kingdom hearts II with the collectors cards once

Maybe i'll peek in if this is still going on but as some people have said the stock in their stores was picked pretty dry last time. I know i personally went to a lot of different stores myself and did a return/rebuy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for making me feel better about my purchase. I think someone just traded them in, the stickers on the case are pretty fresh on all but suikoden. I was pretty suprised to find 4 games at the same price. Did have to walk 4 miles through sf during lunch but worth it.

I can confirm the sale for Bakersfield,Ca Gamestops. I picked up the following complete and good working condition (also standard prints):

Final Fantasy XII (9.99)
Drakengard 2: Seeds of Evil (Gratis
Dragonquest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (9.99)
Odin Sphere (Gratis)

All for $21.XX n_n I'm stoked I got 3 square enix games and an Atlus game to add to my collection.

I feel like I just committed a robbery, I got shin megami tensei digital devil saga 1, shin megami tensei digital devil saga 2, shin megami tensei nocturne, and xenosaga 3 for 57.XX. I had a heart attack when I saw those on the shelf, even the cashier was like wtf

:(
i was hoping to pick up .hack quarantine.

but the closest one to me is in literally "The Hood" and far away.
Just not worth going into the projects for this game.

I picked up the following - all complete at 2 different stores:
Persona 3: FES
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Dark Cloud 2
Okami

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
Sly 3

Also saw the following that have been mentioned in this thread:
SMT: Digital Devil Saga
Mega Man X Collection
Xenosaga III
Xenosaga: Episode I
Fatal Frame II
Fatal Frame III

Was quite surprised by the selection and like someone else mentioned, the RPGs seemed to be in the best condition. Now I just have to wait for my PS2 to arrive...

[quote name='SSeraphim']Thanks for making me feel better about my purchase. I think someone just traded them in, the stickers on the case are pretty fresh on all but suikoden. I was pretty suprised to find 4 games at the same price. Did have to walk 4 miles through sf during lunch but worth it.[/QUOTE]

ya.. that never works for me. At all. I usually have to drive to several stores across several towns. Actually it would be even WORSE now. I think most stores stopped carrying PS2 games. I havent been in one in a while but i remember a month or two back i went in to one of my local ones and they were all gone.

Anyone else noticed PS2 games just completely gone from their stores? The employee said they shipped them back to corporate to make room.

[quote name='200STM']I can confirm the sale for Bakersfield,Ca Gamestops. I picked up the following complete and good working condition (also standard prints):

Final Fantasy XII (9.99)
Drakengard 2: Seeds of Evil (Gratis
Dragonquest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (9.99)
Odin Sphere (Gratis)

All for $21.XX n_n I'm stoked I got 3 square enix games and an Atlus game to add to my collection.[/QUOTE]

Woot to Drakenguard 2! i never did play that. Bought it opened it and never played it. Its still sitting on my shelf. Dunno why, i loved the first one. Great beat em up with a completely batshit crazy story. I loved the babbies eat the world ending o_O

@ paying 10 bucks for dragonquest VIII.. you know its like 13 bucks brand new on amazon right now right?

*sigh* i wish i had kept my copy of Nocturne. I remember buying that back in the day and returning it because i thought it was shit. Instant game over when the lead character dies, and you cant control the rest of your party is kinda meh.

I was at a store earlier today that had a bunch of copies of Silent Hill 2 and 3, at least one of the SO games and a bunch of other really decent titles.

But some of the prices are just....:puke:.

I was tempted to pick up Beyond Good & Evil for $5.99(complete, not sure if it was mint though) and some Star Trek tactical space shooter or other and then find two more cheapo PS2 games to round out a four pack. But every game I checked that I wanted was $10+. I'll wait for the inevitable 75% off clearance.

I went to a couple stores in my area today to find the PS2 section gone, even though it was there a couple weeks ago. I was told that they all shipped and condensed to one store that's over a half hour away. Laaaaaame. I may still head there tomorrow, though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was at a store earlier today that had a bunch of copies of Silent Hill 2 and 3, at least one of the SO games and a bunch of other really decent titles.

But some of the prices are just....:puke:.

I was tempted to pick up Beyond Good & Evil for $5.99(complete, not sure if it was mint though) and some Star Trek tactical space shooter or other and then find two more cheapo PS2 games to round out a four pack. But every game I checked that I wanted was $10+. I'll wait for the inevitable 75% off clearance.[/QUOTE]

Wish they added Gamecube games to this promo.

Went to GS today, but nothing really caught my eye. Many games were also game only, no case or instruction book included. I too wish this was for GC games, I saw couple I would like to pick up.

[quote name='Kenshindono']
@ paying 10 bucks for dragonquest VIII.. you know its like 13 bucks brand new on amazon right now right?[/quote]

Do you get a free game when you buy it on Amazon?

*sigh* i wish i had kept my copy of Nocturne. I remember buying that back in the day and returning it because i thought it was shit. Instant game over when the lead character dies, and you cant control the rest of your party is kinda meh.

You do control your party in Nocturne.

[quote name='sevenfold']Do you get a free game when you buy it on Amazon?

You do control your party in Nocturne.[/QUOTE]

I remember last year toys r us had dragonquest for $5

Got a number of rare(ish) complete PS2 games, including Rule of Rose. Great sale. Unfortunately, at least half the stores in the area no longer stock PS2 games.

Went to check out one store today. Only thing I saw that I wanted was Champions Return to Arms. Ended up ordering that and Okami, Megaman X Collection, and KH2 online for $16 after the last of my credits.
BTW, free shipping for orders over $75 BEFORE discount so I got free shipping.

.Hack infection 9.99
Dawn of Mana 9.99
Baldurs gate 9.99
Jak 3 9.99

Xenosaga 3 19.99
...gotta find 3 more to pair with xenosaga.

I want to pick up more PS2 games, but there's two factors that are preventing me:

1) My already massive PS2 backlog which I more or less haven't touched in 2 years.
2) All the good games are being remastered and re-released on the PS3/PSN.

I've spent a bundle on PS2 games that I ultimately traded in for pennies before they got the HD treatment, and I just... kinda don't want to buy them anymore cause of that, yet I know there's going to be a lot of quality games that will NOT get that treatment and I could potentially miss all together.

For example, Odin Sphere. A game I have been interested in getting for a long time, but there was a rumor over a year ago that it (and Muramasa) were getting an HD re-release on PSN/XBLA. So far nothing more has come of that, but simply knowing that there's a good chance is preventing me from buying. I think if I do buy any more PS2 games, they'll be games I'll be pretty sure won't get an HD remaster.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8'].Hack infection 9.99
Dawn of Mana 9.99
Baldurs gate 9.99
Jak 3 9.99

Xenosaga 3 19.99
...gotta find 3 more to pair with xenosaga.[/QUOTE]

You'll never get .hack quarantine (4th installment)

unless ur willing to pay up to 70

went to one gamestop so far got two games i wanted devil summoner 1 and devil summoner 2 both discs are in very good shape just minor marks(the store manager traded them in) grabbed to fillers for the sale and going to check out two other stores. they had dot hack gu vol3 but the disc was scratched and no case so passed. going to be stopping by a store today that suppossedly has two xenosaga 3's instock. i also ordered last night dot hack gu vol 1 x2 and digital devil saga 1 x2 off online as they were surprisingly in stock and was all they had left.

Picked up:

-Silent Hill 3 $20
-Kingdom Hearts 2 $20
-Okami $20
-Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories $17.99

With my powerup rewards card it came out to about $38

I think this will be my only trip. These are the only games I care to play from that generation.

I couldn't find Xenosaga III, Kingdom Hearts I or II at the GS I went to, but scored: Xenosaga I, II, Metal Gear Solid II and III. I already have MGII, but for some reason this GS actually kept all games under $2.99 in its original case. All four games was complete, clean, and no scratches.

They didn't have a sign for GameCube, so I didn't bother checking the selection. I wanted to get Gun and RE Outbreak, but I couldn't find any other games I wanted in the store.

for people that need ps2 accessories...I have some things left over:

2 dual shocks

2 sony 8MB memory cards

PS2 Network Adapter

PM me if interested.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I want to pick up more PS2 games, but there's two factors that are preventing me:

1) My already massive PS2 backlog which I more or less haven't touched in 2 years.
2) All the good games are being remastered and re-released on the PS3/PSN.

I've spent a bundle on PS2 games that I ultimately traded in for pennies before they got the HD treatment, and I just... kinda don't want to buy them anymore cause of that, yet I know there's going to be a lot of quality games that will NOT get that treatment and I could potentially miss all together.

For example, Odin Sphere. A game I have been interested in getting for a long time, but there was a rumor over a year ago that it (and Muramasa) were getting an HD re-release on PSN/XBLA. So far nothing more has come of that, but simply knowing that there's a good chance is preventing me from buying. I think if I do buy any more PS2 games, they'll be games I'll be pretty sure won't get an HD remaster.[/QUOTE]

Then dont buy them. I too have a massive ps2 backlog that i probably wont get to most of, but i dont care. Im a collector and like to have them all. If your just buying them to trade in or something like that then forget about it.

I buy them to add to my collection and play eventually. Though honestly for collectors gamestop is usally a big miss, with occasional lucky scores. I couldn't care less if theres an HD remake. I tend to enjoy playing the originals

[quote name='timesplitt']what i need is a ps2 memory card. (one of mine corrupted)

wish they started the harddrive thing sooner[/QUOTE]

you mean started using HDs instead of mem cards? Screw that. I miss the mem card days. It was SOOOO convienient being able to move saves wherever the hell you wanted. I can not stand todays shitty pointless lockdown of your saves. Its my god damn save, why cant i move it freely where i want?

[quote name='Kenshindono']Then dont buy them. I too have a massive ps2 backlog that i probably wont get to most of, but i dont care. Im a collector and like to have them all. If your just buying them to trade in or something like that then forget about it.

I buy them to add to my collection and play eventually. Though honestly for collectors gamestop is usally a big miss, with occasional lucky scores. I couldn't care less if theres an HD remake. I tend to enjoy playing the originals

you mean started using HDs instead of mem cards? Screw that. I miss the mem card days. It was SOOOO convienient being able to move saves wherever the hell you wanted. I can not stand todays shitty pointless lockdown of your saves. Its my god damn save, why cant i move it freely where i want?[/QUOTE]

Kenshindono, I just got a PS2. I know, a bit late, well i had a ps1, then got into xbox, which is why i never got into ps2. Anyway since u are a collector, i was wondering what is a must have in the ps2 collection.

I was looking at Berserk, but its Jp only :(
I was thinking time crisis series (like arcade shooters), xenosaga (love xenogears...why no remake hd?),some platform easy games, etc.

I got Final fantasy 12 so far. I do like resident evil series, but was thinking maybe better on Gamecube/Wii?

I cant think of any other games at the moment and ps2 has a huge list.

[quote name='akuma77']You'll never get .hack quarantine (4th installment)

unless ur willing to pay up to 70[/QUOTE]

sorry to ask, but i never play any .hack games. is it super rare like suidoken 2?

[quote name='akuma77']You'll never get .hack quarantine (4th installment)

unless ur willing to pay up to 70[/QUOTE]

I found it at a Gamestop in Dallas for 34.99 4 days ago. Bonus DVD included. Just gotta keep an eye out and check their in store stock once a week for all the locations near you.

so after my swing of everything i got these and btw all are in very good to excellent shape complete so i was stoked...
shin megami tensei nocturne x2
digital devil saga 1 x2
digital devil saga 2
devil summoner
devil summoner 2
persona 3(this made my day as its the boxset complete with artbook and soundtrack still sealed new)
all in all cost wise was 107$. i still have the other 4 games from online coming too. hoping those are complete excellent shape as well which would rock.

I still have one of those P3 sealed. Not sure it's worth much anymore after P3:FES came out, but I dont plan on opening it.

[quote name='gauu']so after my swing of everything i got these and btw all are in very good to excellent shape complete so i was stoked...
shin megami tensei nocturne x2
digital devil saga 1 x2
digital devil saga 2
devil summoner
devil summoner 2
persona 3(this made my day as its the boxset complete with artbook and soundtrack still sealed new)
all in all cost wise was 107$. i still have the other 4 games from online coming too. hoping those are complete excellent shape as well which would rock.[/QUOTE]

How did you get the deal to work online or are you repurchasing them at the store?

My area's about tapped out for anything good on PS2, but I still managed to snag:

Haunting Ground (Where did this come from?)
Dark Cloud 2
Silent Hill 2 (GH)
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

All for $36.23

Picked up

Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame 2
Fatal Frame 3
Marvel vs Capcom 2
--------------------
68.33 with tax and after pur

All of which are complete and with no sighs of wear.

Are you guys buying now to match later or is this deal already live?

And how are any of you finding such awesome games? My stores have nothing but common fodder left. Last time I went, there were 2 shelves (those long ones with games on both sides and "highlight" titles on the sides) and one of them was full of sports games and the other one was 1/3 sports games.

[quote name='Darkhate']Picked up

Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame 2
Fatal Frame 3
Marvel vs Capcom 2
--------------------
68.33 with tax and after pur

All of which are complete and with no sighs of wear.[/QUOTE]

Good pick on the MvC, that one is hard to find complete :bouncy:

It's weird too that the Fatal Frames have all disappeared from my area; it wasn't that long ago that they were reprinted so you'd think Gamestop would give them more time on the shelves.

[quote name='Vinny']Are you guys buying now to match later or is this deal already live?

And how are any of you finding such awesome games? My stores have nothing but common fodder left. Last time I went, there were 2 shelves (those long ones with games on both sides and "highlight" titles on the sides) and one of them was full of sports games and the other one was 1/3 sports games.[/QUOTE]

The B2G2 deal is live online and in store. PS2 only

[quote name='Vinny']Are you guys buying now to match later or is this deal already live?

And how are any of you finding such awesome games? My stores have nothing but common fodder left. Last time I went, there were 2 shelves (those long ones with games on both sides and "highlight" titles on the sides) and one of them was full of sports games and the other one was 1/3 sports games.[/QUOTE]

It's live. I saw my far share of fodder too, but you have to keep in mind that stores are shuffling around inventory now. I actually found the Haunting Ground Pre-Owned mixed in with a PS2 section that was supposed to be NEW games only; the rest of the uncommons came from digging through stacks of generic cases and incomplete copies. Sometimes you have to check 6-8 stores with a fine-toothed comb and ask after particular titles to boot.

Found:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Star Ocean till the end of time
Prince of Persia the sands of time
Midway Arcade Treasures 2

All complete, total price $20.

It was a smaller store so I had to dig deep just to find those, everything else was shovelware or had the generic case. Unfortunately I realized when I got home the Star Ocean is BL but the discs were GH and the case had something sticky stuck to the bottom corner. :puke:

Gonna check one of the better stores tomorrow but I don't expect much.

When did this actually go live? Monday morning?

bread's done
Back