Gamestop - Scribblenauts DS Preorder Bonus - Rooster Hat!

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
Reserve Scribblenauts and receive a GameStop Exclusive Scribblenauts Rooster Hat. Now you can look just like Scribblenauts star Maxwell without going through the hassle of turning yourself into a cartoon character. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Scribblenauts.gif

If it doesn't come with that jar, I'm going to fill jipped. :lol:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74879

I preordered online because it said it came with the hat as a bonus. I had this preordered at least 6 weeks in advance, and then they put the hat on backorder for me. I got in contact with customer service, and despite putting my order in 6 WEEKS in advance, they had the nerve to tell me that all they can say is there is nothing they can do since they never guarantee bonuses. Instead, I get no hat, and I got to drive over to TRU and get my $15 GC with the game.

Usually, backordered pre-order bonus items don't indicate you won't get them on GS.com. I know that happened with the Muramasa wall scrolls.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Ah, there's the other incentive. So I guess as soon my fiance and I get married and move into a house, we should obviously start having children. What age can kids start mowing the lawn? 5?

Ah who am I fooling. I only want to have kids so I can put things like Scribblenauts hats on their heads and dress them in Pikachu costumes daily. ;)[/QUOTE]

Age 2 works pretty well...they can hold your beer for while they sit on the back of the mower. I started earlier...when they were babies I would just put them in those Baby Bjorn things. Just remember to wear a shirt as you can get some weird tan lines from those things.

[quote name='xdl']I preordered online because it said it came with the hat as a bonus. I had this preordered at least 6 weeks in advance, and then they put the hat on backorder for me. I got in contact with customer service, and despite putting my order in 6 WEEKS in advance, they had the nerve to tell me that all they can say is there is nothing they can do since they never guarantee bonuses. Instead, I get no hat, and I got to drive over to TRU and get my $15 GC with the game.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Gamestop lists your preorder bonus as backordered even though they have it. I talked to a few people and they told me that's what it says, I think it has something to do with their inventory system.

I prordered the game rather late (August 26th) and I looked this past Sunday and mine was listed as backordered as well so I got really worried. I e-mailed them and they told me it would be shipped with my game and lo and behold, it did.

So I'm afraid you might have cancelled yourself out of the hat :cry:

[quote name='Zeeman']Apparently Gamestop lists your preorder bonus as backordered even though they have it. I talked to a few people and they told me that's what it says, I think it has something to do with their inventory system.

I prordered the game rather late (August 26th) and I looked this past Sunday and mine was listed as backordered as well so I got really worried. I e-mailed them and they told me it would be shipped with my game and lo and behold, it did.

So I'm afraid you might have cancelled yourself out of the hat :cry:[/QUOTE]
Possibly. I think the best indicator is whether the bonus still appears on the site - if it's gone, then they're sold out, and you cross your fingers you got it, because much like in-store, they don't appear to give earlier orders preference with the limited bonuses.

I bought the game, really enjoy it...but the decision to make movement touch screen based has kinda pissed me off. They should have made moving objects done with the touch screen and moving Maxwell with the dpad.

It's still a great game, but it's pissed me off a couple times by not doing the right thing (dude runs so damn fast so if I accidentally do something wrong he goes flying across the screen)

bread's done
Back